FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Good news and utterly crap news

Good news and utterly crap news

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So Mum and I have just been to the solicitors to sign the documentation - great news as we'll be completing next week and I've also seen a lovely dog who I'm hoping will be coming to live with me!

We get into the car to a phonecall from my brother to say that the virus has managed to find its way into his lungs and that he's going to be in hospital for at least another week. That means that the day out in York I had planned for my birthday with my grandparents and mum won't be happening. But that's by the by, my brother is gutted he sounds awful and I'm not able to see him until Saturday - which is when I was supposed to be going to a party. (which I've now cancelled)

I'm pissed off - oh and the postman forgot my Valentine's card today too

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Awww Rubes !

At least your brother is on the mend, and you can rearrange when he's better

Just think, though, of the time you can now spend organising a FAB housewarming party

That's the thing though, he's not really on the mend because the preventative measures they were using haven't stopped the virus going onto his lungs. Viruses can't really be treated with antibiotics either so its a waiting game so his body can fight it off.

I was so looking forward to having a day out for my birthday - if anyone thinks I'm being selfish about it they're probably right.

By *ngelsdevilWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

"That's the thing though, he's not really on the mend because the preventative measures they were using haven't stopped the virus going onto his lungs. Viruses can't really be treated with antibiotics either so its a waiting game so his body can fight it off.

I was so looking forward to having a day out for my birthday - if anyone thinks I'm being selfish about it they're probably right."

There's nothing selfish scout you being gutted that you cannot go out, I think anyone would be the same-I know I would, especially as York is a great place for a day out!

I won't patronise you by telling you to look on the bright side or any of the usual generic positive thinking responses but I do hope your brother gets better soon and then you can enjoy your day out in York

"That's the thing though, he's not really on the mend because the preventative measures they were using haven't stopped the virus going onto his lungs. Viruses can't really be treated with antibiotics either so its a waiting game so his body can fight it off.

I was so looking forward to having a day out for my birthday - if anyone thinks I'm being selfish about it they're probably right.

There's nothing selfish scout you being gutted that you cannot go out, I think anyone would be the same-I know I would, especially as York is a great place for a day out!

I won't patronise you by telling you to look on the bright side or any of the usual generic positive thinking responses but I do hope your brother gets better soon and then you can enjoy your day out in York "

Thanks - he wasn't going to be coming with to York, we were meant to be meeting him in Manchester in the evening but alas it'll be a birthday tea (which I'll have to prepare) in Wythenshawe Hospital.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

There will be other birthdays.

“Well, life’s like a road that you travel on. There’s one day here and the next day gone. Sometimes you bend, sometimes you stand. Sometimes you turn your back to the wind.” - Life is a Highway – Rascal Flatts

"There will be other birthdays."

Yes there will - I'm not being selfish Ruggers, I've dropped everything for my brother and would always do it. But for one day in the year it would have been nice not to be second. Having a brother with a chronic illness means you are always second.

"“Well, life’s like a road that you travel on. There’s one day here and the next day gone. Sometimes you bend, sometimes you stand. Sometimes you turn your back to the wind.” - Life is a Highway – Rascal Flatts

"

prefer rascal flatts broken road

Hey ruby that's tough. My thoughts are with you.

Hope he recovers asap so that you can enjoy all the things you have to postpone. X x

By *ngelsdevilWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

I won't patronise you by telling you to look on the bright side or any of the usual generic positive thinking responses but I do hope your brother gets better soon and then you can enjoy your day out in York

Thanks - he wasn't going to be coming with to York, we were meant to be meeting him in Manchester in the evening but alas it'll be a birthday tea (which I'll have to prepare) in Wythenshawe Hospital. "

Get yourself to York early, visit Hotel Chocolat have a walk around pop into one of the gorgeous little cafe bakery's, feed the squirrels in museum gardens, pop down to the river but avoid Jumbo's Chinese buffet they were shut down for being very naughty! Then hop on the train back to Manchester and get there just in time for tea

"Hey ruby that's tough. My thoughts are with you.

Hope he recovers asap so that you can enjoy all the things you have to postpone. X x "

Thanks. Mum and I won't be able to rearrange York because of work commitments.

I'm really worried about him, mentally as well as physically.

Thanks - he wasn't going to be coming with to York, we were meant to be meeting him in Manchester in the evening but alas it'll be a birthday tea (which I'll have to prepare) in Wythenshawe Hospital. "

more good news than bad there though eh - and wythy hossie - about ten mins from me - i will shout happy birthday as you whizz past and you can pass on the wishes to your brother xxx

Thanks - he wasn't going to be coming with to York, we were meant to be meeting him in Manchester in the evening but alas it'll be a birthday tea (which I'll have to prepare) in Wythenshawe Hospital.

Get yourself to York early, visit Hotel Chocolat have a walk around pop into one of the gorgeous little cafe bakery's, feed the squirrels in museum gardens, pop down to the river but avoid Jumbo's Chinese buffet they were shut down for being very naughty! Then hop on the train back to Manchester and get there just in time for tea "

Mum and my grandparents were supposed to be comings too and us having lunch at Betty's. I'm utterly gutted.

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

"There will be other birthdays.

Yes there will - I'm not being selfish Ruggers, I've dropped everything for my brother and would always do it. But for one day in the year it would have been nice not to be second. Having a brother with a chronic illness means you are always second. "

It take a strong person to watch someone they love suffer no matter what the course. I am sure if your brother could change things he would. Most thing in life have a way of levelling themselves out one way or another. Hope you get to have a great birthday no matter where you are.

"There will be other birthdays.

Yes there will - I'm not being selfish Ruggers, I've dropped everything for my brother and would always do it. But for one day in the year it would have been nice not to be second. Having a brother with a chronic illness means you are always second.

It take a strong person to watch someone they love suffer no matter what the course. I am sure if your brother could change things he would. Most thing in life have a way of levelling themselves out one way or another. Hope you get to have a great birthday no matter where you are."

I have always said that I wish it were me who has it so he doesn't have to suffer.

I'll have my birthday when the rabble descends from here in March. I just wanted a day with my mum and grandparents.

» Add a new message to this topic