FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > asthma

asthma

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone any tips for me I am sick of it.

My inhalers are crap.

I keep ending up in hospital on nebulizer.

I am on steroids

But I am still suffering!!

I would appreciate any ideas to help me please

Thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *U1966Man  over a year ago

Devon

There a lot better than the old ones make sure you get brand name not generic copies have been taking medication for it for 43 years

I using blue and purple inhalers and steroid tablets 8in the morning. But still ending up on nebulizer in hospital and was only in yesterday and today already struggling

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have you had an allergies test? You may find that your asthma is worsened by something as simple as the type of shower-gel you use.

By *ursevampsWoman  over a year ago

bucks

i usded to have becotide the brown one but have switched to the pinkone called fostair and thats better

talk to the asthma nurse at you gp practie

"Have you had an allergies test? You may find that your asthma is worsened by something as simple as the type of shower-gel you use."

Do you have any pets? Make sure you dust regularly both of these things can make it worse.

"Have you had an allergies test? You may find that your asthma is worsened by something as simple as the type of shower-gel you use.

Do you have any pets? Make sure you dust regularly both of these things can make it worse."

Even the plants that grow in your garden, at any time of year, can make a difference.

I am seeing doctor tomorrow for allergy test. Only pet I have is a guinea pig kept outside.

I clean regularly and have laminate upstairs I know the cold hurts my chest but its becoming unmanageable

By *kmale421Man  over a year ago

wirral

I sympathise White Angel, having had asthma all my life but only a mild form of it.

The key will be trying to find what triggers it off, and theres so many variations as you probably know from damp, animal products etc.

In my case it's feather dust and back in the day when everyone smoked indoors, too much cigarette smoke in a confined space. Having said that different weather conditions can bring on a mild attack for me. The asthma clinic at your GP should be able to help, but theres also an organisation which can help calle www.asthma.org.uk which even has a helpline if you check their website out.

Don't forget to tell the doctor all of your symptoms - many people forget night-time problems in the cold light of day. Do you get worse pain or bubbly breath when you lie on your back or on either side? If so, make sure you tell your doc. Chest infections are very common at this time of year, esp amongst asthma/emphysema sufferers.

Not long got over pneumonia. Doctor said yesterday in hospital I have no trapped air or gas in my lungs and no infection. We shall see I simply have to get it sorted!

By *ittlebitWoman  over a year ago

Plymouth

I hope you find some answers soon, its really scary when you can't breathe, and are not sure of your triggers.

How do u react on steroids? They worked wonders for me but I become most cranky when I finish the dose.

I would say its def an allergy setting it off

Everyone's different so you can't really take any advice on board from here, it has to suit you.

I've had it all of my life. Nowadays it's usually only a couple of times a year that it's a problem. What I did find was that the more I took the daily medicine (the brown ones) the more I depended on it. Instead I've found regular exercise, not taking the daily medicine and only using the blue ones when necessary has worked best. Occasionally I still need a few days on the brown ones too but that's rare now.

Works for me, but obviously won't for everyone.

Oh and agree about the triggers - pet hair for me (mostly cats and rabbits) but I'm fine if I don't breathe them in and wash my hands straight after touching them.

By *amslam1000Man  over a year ago

willenhall

do you use the aresol or powde inhalers?

one of the common things that goes wrong is the user not inhaling the aresol propperley those big plastic spacers work wonders to help you get the dose into your lungs, in your mouth and throat does no good and you think you have had a dose and it does not work. if you are already wheesing its hard to draw it down far enough to work it's magic

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Google the Buteyko method - some people have been able to reduce their medication or even been able to stop it.

It involves breathing techniques - I have witnessed this with and for a friend.

» Add a new message to this topic