FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > stay for kids..or leave for me..

stay for kids..or leave for me..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Thinking of staying in a relationship for a kids sake will never work just make things worse....

".."

If it's relationship question you're referrring too, leave if you're unhappy and making your partner unhappy, but maintain contact with your children and dont let them be used as pawns in any hostilities that may ensue.

How can your kids hating you be worse?

"How can your kids hating you be worse?"

you need to clarify the situation a bit more clearly.

Your kids wont hate you time heals if you stay and your unhappy then there will be more arguments ect.... They will pick up on this and probs become resentfull

"..

If it's relationship question you're referrring too, leave if you're unhappy and making your partner unhappy, but maintain contact with your children and dont let them be used as pawns in any hostilities that may ensue."

By *arnayguyMan  over a year ago

Durham Tees

Are you on about stay or leave fab?

Ment my kids hating me will be worse..

Grass aint all ways grenner on other side i just went frew the same thing but my ex was a cxxt

"Ment my kids hating me will be worse.."

Your kids will be less happy if you stay together, if you really aren't happy.

By *andF_funCouple  over a year ago

Philly PA area

My mom stayed until I was finished school. Not a good graduation when your supposed to be celebrating knowing your parents are splitting up. And, all those nights listening to them argue.

Leave for your AND the kids mental well being.

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Try relate first . Sounds complicated to me . Best wishes for whatever you decide. Act in haste regret at leisure

I try to keep everyone happy..

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Is this the partner you are swinging with on your profile?

By *arl828Man  over a year ago

warrington, Cheshire

You're kids wont hate you if you leave, if they are old enough to understand explain the situation to them, and tell them just because you're no longer with their mum you'll always be there for them. My little girl was nearly 3 when her mum asked me to leave and she is 4 now and she tells me why mummy and daddy aren't together because we were always shouting.

By *azzaahhWoman  over a year ago

north wales / chester

"Thinking of staying in a relationship for a kids sake will never work just make things worse...."

second and third this

Thing is i went threw this and said id never put my kids in my place ..

only you can decide, you know that.

warrington, Cheshire

"How can your kids hating you be worse?

you need to clarify the situation a bit more clearly. "

"Thinking of staying in a relationship for a kids sake will never work just make things worse....

second and third this "

Never say never, depends on circumstances. I did it so my kids could enjoying having a ma and a pa to come home to. Wasn't easy though.

warrington, Cheshire

"Thing is i went threw this and said id never put my kids in my place ..

"

So you'd rather stay with your missus and let your kids grow up thinking that fighting and having a row is ok as long as the family dynamic isn't disrupted, that is total rubbish, I always said I'd never stay for the sake of the kids, as soon as my ex asked me to leave I was in my own place in 3 weeks.

Dad

Some things are worth fighting for!

You haven't said why you want to leave, and that's your own business, how about trying relate to see if you can work things out?

I am the mrs

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

My friend and her husband decided to stay living together for the sake of their Two children, once they had made that joint decision and had agreed not to argue in front of their children, the relief they both found in knowing that they had made the right choice resulted in them staying together for Seven more years and becoming friends again.

When their youngest started college they did split, it allowed the children to adapt to the situation in those Seven years and the couple remain good friends several more years down the line.

So it can work in some circumstances.

"My friend and her husband decided to stay living together for the sake of their Two children, once they had made that joint decision and had agreed not to argue in front of their children, the relief they both found in knowing that they had made the right choice resulted in them staying together for Seven more years and becoming friends again.

When their youngest started college they did split, it allowed the children to adapt to the situation in those Seven years and the couple remain good friends several more years down the line.

So it can work in some circumstances."

yes, my x n I have maintained a friendly relationship since we separated and are able to spend family days with our now extended family together.

warrington, Cheshire

"Dad"

"I am the mrs"

Ah I get you now, are the kids coming with you?

One of the hardest things I have ever done was to leave my kids with their dad. I knew I could not support them either emotionally or financially and that staying with their dad would be better for them in long run. That was 5 yeas ago now and I have a fantastic relationship with all 3 kids and funnily enough their dad and I get on just fine as well.

I'm going through this myself at the moment dumped him on 30th Dec and joined here a few days later not looking back. But I have an 8 yr old and she is finding it really hard to understand why I don't love daddy any more. X

[Removed by poster at 14/02/13 03:47:32]

By *xpresMan  over a year ago

Elland

Never stay for the kids..

It sounds bad but its true you will argue more n then in time you wil resent the little ones you tried to protect

I'm confused whether ur talking about leaving on ur own or leaving but keeping the kids with u?

"Thing is i went threw this and said id never put my kids in my place ..

"

Then stick to your promise and sort your problems out. Has your wife seen this thread? I'd be packing your bags for you if I was her and saw this.

By *oulou45Woman  over a year ago

Bucks

It is a bit confusing, but if things are that bad leave if you can't take your children make sure you maintain contact etc.

Well that owd chestnut its all depends whats at stake most stay for financial reasons and dont know how to live on there own ...but me.... Iam free as bird all alone in bedsit land I could keep you company if itgets tough

Tarzan

It would help if the OP explained her post, but, in all honesty I don't feel this post should be in the forums.

It should be something she discusses in private with her partner.

It almost seems like she is counting up who says yes leave, no stay, so should she decide to leave, she can blame people on Fabs.

OP, talk to your partner, try relate as others have suggested and come to decision yourself, as you are the only one that can make that decision

I went through this ten years ago we split but got back togeather for the kids and financial reasons, stop the arguments and fighting and you've a chance , my marriage isn't perfect but were great friends and it works , I love her but I've never been in love with her if that makes sense.

She says she stays with me cos she's never found anyone that she gets on so well with lol.

We've been togeather 28 yrs nearly, splitting up isn't always the answer.

Hope this helps in some way

If a relationship isn't working staying for the kids won't make it.

They can still have a happy life with you separate.

Just be there for them,even if you don't live together.

If this isn't just a temporary glitch, which the grown ups can sort out.... Then leave, for the sake of the children....

Hope the answers help you OP. Xx

"Your kids wont hate you time heals if you stay and your unhappy then there will be more arguments ect.... They will pick up on this and probs become resentfull "

Want to bet my eldest don't want to know me lol I am his sperm donar as far as he is concerned. He hates me with a passion yet my middle son is now living with me.

The other thing if leaving someone for someone else that's got to be the biggest kick in the teeth so put your tin hat on and build a nuclear bomb shelter. Coz the fall out is nasty and can get messy. Leaving and having time on your own can be less messy as there is not a 3rd person to blame

Thanks for input guys well most ov you..im working on it.. kids with me deffo..wud never leave them..

I stayed in my marriage for years for the kids and all that did was make everyone unhappy. I left in the end 10 years ago and it was the best thing for us all. I have a great relationship now with my two grown up daughters who never held it against me because I maintained regular contact with them. My ex wife and I get on better now than we ever did when we were together so it can work if all parties are reasonable.

"My friend and her husband decided to stay living together for the sake of their Two children, once they had made that joint decision and had agreed not to argue in front of their children, the relief they both found in knowing that they had made the right choice resulted in them staying together for Seven more years and becoming friends again.

So it can work in some circumstances."

I have a friend too who did exactly the same thing, he and his partner are really great friends now and both have super relationships with their children (now grown up) I guess depending on why you want to leave will have a bearing on it all but obviously we don't know all of your details.

Good luck with it whatever you decide

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

Wish you all the best in what ever you decide to do .. not an easy decision to make

By *ruitWoman  over a year ago

near kings lynn

See if your partner will sit down and talk with you and try decide a way forward that your both happy with.

My split was messy with a 3rd person involved and he didnt consider what was right for the children or me.

If you can decide together what is best for you all but decide it together but keep the children as the prority x

Fruit x

I ended my marriage a year ago I support my children and have my three youngest 2 nights a week but my two eldest refuse to speak to me or my new partner I'm hoping time will sort things out

Thanks again for input...x

» Add a new message to this topic