FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Pay Your Own Way

Pay Your Own Way

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Today I waited in all afternoon for a phone interview with Fitness First only to be told by a call centre operator that the training would cost me £4000 and that I would be self employed and therefore have to find my own clients just to be able to work there...

Anybody else heard this before?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

might as well run your own business then

"might as well run your own business then"

Tell me bout it...

If only I actually had £4000, I could start a business

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

So in other words you are being trained to become a personal trainer who gets to use their facilities to train your clients in but you will be accredited to fitness first? Will you have to pay them fees for when you use the centre?

The 4k is to get your level 3 qualification which you need to be a trainer. If this is what they are charging its too high. Company called training room can do cheaper.

When you start work with them, you use their facilities, build your client list up and then you go off on your own. Similar to becoming driving instructor. Downside is that you will have to pay fitness first a fee for using their facilities and building up client list.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Not sure what alternative there would be for the company, offering training for free or at a cheap rate then seeing their personal trainers running off with their clients?.....not much of a benefit for the gym owners.

It does still benefit gyms. By having hood selection of trainers, it brings in customers. They are then tied down to a contract (fitness first do minimum 12 months). So customer may use trainer as an 'extra' to their gym membership but wont often quit membership. Trainers are expensive

Ash summed it all up there. Even if I had the money, too much of a risk for the sake of employment right now. Not like many people have a spare £4000 for a change of career

"Ash summed it all up there. Even if I had the money, too much of a risk for the sake of employment right now. Not like many people have a spare £4000 for a change of career"

Bank loan could be pos if you think you can make a go of it?

» Add a new message to this topic