FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Benefits

Benefits

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rumCouple OP   Couple  over a year ago

birmingham

There's an interesting poster I saw recently, using circles to demonstrate scale. It says:

Tax evaded/uncollected : £30 Billion

Benefits unclaimed: £16 Billion

Benefits overpaid due to error: £1.4 Billion

Benefit Fraud: £1.2 Billion

and asks:

WHERE WOULD YOU START ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

By giving the unpaid benefits to those who need them and getting the tax back off them that regulary evade them

I would start by rolling the poster up and delivering it back to whichever government body is too idle to think of the answers themselves. Cheeky bleeders.

where did you see poster, its very good. I totally agree that the attention is focused to much on people on benefits, which conceals the real thiefs, tax evaders etc.

"Tax evaded/uncollected : £30 Billion"

Hmmm tricky one, reckon I'd have to sit down in STARBUCKS with a nice latte and order a book from AMAZON while I decide....

By *arl828Man  over a year ago

warrington, Cheshire

Just slightly off topic, there was a woman on the news recently who had been in court for benefit fraud, it turned out that if she had claimed lawfully she would have been given more than she was getting through the fraud.

"Just slightly off topic, there was a woman on the news recently who had been in court for benefit fraud, it turned out that if she had claimed lawfully she would have been given more than she was getting through the fraud. "

Yes the irony lol

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

who ever was breaking the current laws first

then change any law as appropriate and enforce

"I would start by rolling the poster up and delivering it back to whichever government body is too idle to think of the answers themselves. Cheeky bleeders. "

Or mail it to the liars that invented the bogus stats!!

Do folks really still believe that ANY stats are anything more than what the government WANT us to believe??

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

It's good to see the relative scales here. Not hard to understand why tories try to demonise benefit seekers as a drain on society - it helps keep the focus off their big corp mates.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"I would start by rolling the poster up and delivering it back to whichever government body is too idle to think of the answers themselves. Cheeky bleeders.

Or mail it to the liars that invented the bogus stats!!

Do folks really still believe that ANY stats are anything more than what the government WANT us to believe?? "

I highly doubt those stats come from this government. They're not interested in stopping tax evasion, it's their mates and donors that are up to it!

guessing these figures weren't spotted in the Daily Mail?

the daily star, in between the tits and asses

By *rumCouple OP   Couple  over a year ago

birmingham

"where did you see poster, its very good. I totally agree that the attention is focused to much on people on benefits, which conceals the real thiefs, tax evaders etc."

http://blacktrianglecampaign.org/2013/02/12/who-takes-the-harshest-anti-welfare-line-those-on-state-benefits/

DWP/HMRC figures

"where did you see poster, its very good. I totally agree that the attention is focused to much on people on benefits, which conceals the real thiefs, tax evaders etc.

http://blacktrianglecampaign.org/2013/02/12/who-takes-the-harshest-anti-welfare-line-those-on-state-benefits/

DWP/HMRC figures"

the figures come From the office for national statistics and were compiled for the TUC. They are a few years old now but......

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

The irony is that a few of the forum regulars that openly attack those on benefits and benefit cheats have in the not too distant past boasted of buying cheap 'No UK Duty Paid' tobbacco....

Makes me chuckle everytime I see their hypocrisy

"There's an interesting poster I saw recently, using circles to demonstrate scale. It says:

Tax evaded/uncollected : £30 Billion

Benefits unclaimed: £16 Billion

Benefits overpaid due to error: £1.4 Billion

Benefit Fraud: £1.2 Billion

and asks:

WHERE WOULD YOU START ?"

All our problems can be solved by:

CORRECTING CORPORATE TAX!

I might be a bit out of date by now but I remember Newscorp over here getting about 10% off corporate tax if not more. They were supposed to pay about 34% and paid instead around 24%. Doesn't seem a lot until you realise that they're saving close to a billion in profits a year, and then Rupert Murdoch puts millions in off shore accounts and evades tax that way too. So there are your real fraudsters!

Apply correctional taxing to all corporations then throw David Cameron and Nick Clegg out of a 40 story window. Problem solved!

» Add a new message to this topic