FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do you ever wish you had not said something

Do you ever wish you had not said something

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Its happened to me.. my neighbour has just brought the car of his dreams... he has saved really hard for it..

It may not be the biggest or best dream car.. but he brought one.. or so he thought.

I asked me over knowing that I had already owned a few in the past.. and first thing I said was.."Did you not want a sti version"...

I got told then that he had brought the sti version.. paid extra for it...

I knew it wasnt one the moment I looked at it... its a replica and not even a very good one... and now I have dashed the poor mans dream car and feel terrible.

He did however buy it from a dealer as an STI version so there is some hope.. but well.

Is there anything you have ever said to someone that made you think OMG, wish I hadnt said it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman  over a year ago

Glenrothes

"Its happened to me.. my neighbour has just brought the car of his dreams... he has saved really hard for it..

It may not be the biggest or best dream car.. but he brought one.. or so he thought.

I asked me over knowing that I had already owned a few in the past.. and first thing I said was.."Did you not want a sti version"...

I got told then that he had brought the sti version.. paid extra for it...

I knew it wasnt one the moment I looked at it... its a replica and not even a very good one... and now I have dashed the poor mans dream car and feel terrible.

He did however buy it from a dealer as an STI version so there is some hope.. but well.

Is there anything you have ever said to someone that made you think OMG, wish I hadnt said it. "

If he bought it as an STI version and that's what's on the paperwork, but it isn't, the dealer has possibly committed an offence under Trading Standards legislation and your neighbour should contact them for advice.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I can be the most tactless person ever, especially after a few glasses of wine. So I keep my gob firmly shut now.

'It is better to stay silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt'.

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

You did him a favour. He's probably more miffed he was told by a female.

And I have lost count the amount of times I've said things and put my foot in it well n truly

It's a wrx. Could tell without having to check. Lol

He hasn't had the log book back yet. But it will not say sti. Thing is I've been to a few dealers when buying things and sometimes they don't know the difference.

I feel really sorry for him as it's nice car. Just not the one he thought he brought.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

People pay for an STI?

I wish i never said 'I do' at my second wedding

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"I wish i never said 'I do' at my second wedding "

But the first and third were fine?

"People pay for an STI?"

Lol its a very common joke in subaru owners. It's the only place you boast about having one.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"People pay for an STI?

Lol its a very common joke in subaru owners. It's the only place you boast about having one."

Do they go the clinic regularly?

"I wish i never said 'I do' at my second wedding

But the first and third were fine?"

They were not Evil like the second

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman  over a year ago

Glenrothes

"I can be the most tactless person ever, especially after a few glasses of wine. So I keep my gob firmly shut now.

'It is better to stay silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt'. "

Oscar Wild?

I knew a woman years ago who was a bit of a loose cannon until she became a born again Christian. I was pissed in the pub one night and told the bloke I was talking to what a joke i thought it was and started taking the miss a little bit. it suddenly dawned on me that i was talking to her husband

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"I can be the most tactless person ever, especially after a few glasses of wine. So I keep my gob firmly shut now.

'It is better to stay silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt'.

Oscar Wild?"

A quick Google shows nobody actually knows who first said it, although most likely Mark Twain.

A dealer will know the difference between a wax and an sti

No tests needed

» Add a new message to this topic