FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > petrol and the o f t

petrol and the o f t

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Read report done by the office of fair trading done regarding petrol pricing in uk.

Amazingly they say they are happy that uk suppliers are not ripping us off. Putting to one side the tax on fuel fuel in uk is a rip off in the sense that they are quick to increase but slow to decrease.

Perhaps i am being thicker than usual but if a garage has say 200 gallons in stock at 1.50 per gallon how can they be allowed to increase the price on stock they still have as its already counted and priced accordingly. If the next lot actually costs more then whist unhappy can see why it would increase. This smacks purely of profiteering and definetly ripping us off.

I think the o f t because they have no real power are impotent when actually faced with difficult decisions and i feel they are not looking after motorists.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ackandkateCouple  over a year ago

Truro

It's not in the governments interest to have lower fuel prices as they take 20% vat on the total after fuel tax.

The higher the price, the more they get in the coffers

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yep OFT said our fuel costs before tax and duty are fair compared to other European countries ........ had to chuckle at the "before tax and duty" comment.

» Add a new message to this topic