FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Broken Heart

Broken Heart

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *agna Cum Laude OP   Man  over a year ago

Laudable

I have been counselling a good mate who has recently split from his partner of 10 years. Its aone way split he wants to stay in the relationship but she is bored. I am friends with them both but its so difficult to say to him get on with it she aint coming back mate. A broken heart........who would have one?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

No one wants one but sometimes what feels broken is just a bit bruised. I hope he heals.

Laudable

"No one wants one but sometimes what feels broken is just a bit bruised. I hope he heals."
I do .....its a bit draining at the moment I have had one but do not remember it hurting that much!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I got a real bad broken heart due to the death of a child, dont think anything comes close, but hope your mate is feeling better soon xxx

"I got a real bad broken heart due to the death of a child, dont think anything comes close, but hope your mate is feeling better soon xxx "

I can't even begin to imagine how that feels I wouldnt wish something like that on my worst enemy I'm sorry for you xxx

On topic, it's no good saying things like there's plenty of fish etc because he wont listen, give him time and support it stings but he'll be ok in time xxx

"I got a real bad broken heart due to the death of a child, dont think anything comes close, but hope your mate is feeling better soon xxx

I can't even begin to imagine how that feels I wouldnt wish something like that on my worst enemy I'm sorry for you xxx

On topic, it's no good saying things like there's plenty of fish etc because he wont listen, give him time and support it stings but he'll be ok in time xxx"

Thanks Vanessa x

Your welcome hunny xx

"I have been counselling a good mate who has recently split from his partner of 10 years. Its aone way split he wants to stay in the relationship but she is bored. I am friends with them both but its so difficult to say to him get on with it she aint coming back mate. A broken heart........who would have one?"

He has to go through this stage to start healing. Tell him to imagine where he'll be two years from now. All he then has to do is get from now to then intact. It really is just a matter of time.

Laudable

"I have been counselling a good mate who has recently split from his partner of 10 years. Its aone way split he wants to stay in the relationship but she is bored. I am friends with them both but its so difficult to say to him get on with it she aint coming back mate. A broken heart........who would have one?

He has to go through this stage to start healing. Tell him to imagine where he'll be two years from now. All he then has to do is get from now to then intact. It really is just a matter of time."

Yep but he can only see pain at the moment. When I picked him up today he had cry your eyes out by the Streets..................on his i pod!!

By *pecifically1Woman  over a year ago

Hull

"I have been counselling a good mate who has recently split from his partner of 10 years. Its aone way split he wants to stay in the relationship but she is bored. I am friends with them both but its so difficult to say to him get on with it she aint coming back mate. A broken heart........who would have one?"

Unfortunately the only healer is TIME..It is a grieving process..nothing like losing a child, gosh my heart and ultimate respect to anyone who survives that...Time will heal..I have been 13 months trying to heal and only now have begun to believe in the concept of love again....

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I have been counselling a good mate who has recently split from his partner of 10 years. ........."

When you say 'counselling' do you mean 'buying him beers'?

[Removed by poster at 28/01/13 20:15:04]

"I got a real bad broken heart due to the death of a child, dont think anything comes close, but hope your mate is feeling better soon xxx

On topic, it's no good saying things like there's plenty of fish etc because he wont listen, give him time and support it stings but he'll be ok in time xxx"

I agree with all the above..

Times a great healer .. I lost my Girlfriend of 5 years.. Destroyed me but igot on with it.. Met a girl and was with her 3 months on rebound but now im happy with the girl im with now.. Just give him time and just chat like you normally would..

Will make him feel better knowing the split hasnt changed things between you and him.

By *issmekate xxxWoman  over a year ago

Non Vanilla Land

I can comment on both unfortunately ... suffered the loss of my little boy 10 years ago next month ... and you never get over it, you just learn to live with it I guess ... and just over 2 years ago I discovered that my partner of 20 odd years had been having an affair with one of my best friends ... thankfully they are still together ... I can honestly say it is the best thing that has ever happened to me ... although I didn't think that at the time ... time is a great healer, as are good friends, and the odd bottle or two of red wine ... be not afraid to cry, ask for help or admit that you are feeling weak and alone .... and at the end of the day I strongly believe that everything happens for a reason xxx

Laudable

"I have been counselling a good mate who has recently split from his partner of 10 years. .........

When you say 'counselling' do you mean 'buying him beers'?"

Yes and listening to him

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I feel for him. Had a broken heart a number of times. But I am long-enough in the tooth now to know that broken hearts don't stay broken if you don't let them.

Laudable

"I have been counselling a good mate who has recently split from his partner of 10 years. Its aone way split he wants to stay in the relationship but she is bored. I am friends with them both but its so difficult to say to him get on with it she aint coming back mate. A broken heart........who would have one?

I feel for him. Had a broken heart a number of times. But I am long-enough in the tooth now to know that broken hearts don't stay broken if you don't let them.

"

I wrote this tonight

It seems I must walk this world alone

For I still dream of her who turned my heart to stone

Constantly I see her in my minds eye

In my sleep I am left to cry.

Lone footsteps in the sand

With no soul to hold my hand

She is always in my mind

Why was she so unkind?

Troubled and twisted turnings

Tormented and helpless yearnings

She was always there without exception

My love my painted reflection

So walk I must

A victim of a broken trust

My heart heavy and broken

My love now a token.

In my life there will be no other

As traces of love I must smother

Forever my love place on loan

It seems I must now walk this world alone.

"He has to go through this stage to start healing. Tell him to imagine where he'll be two years from now. All he then has to do is get from now to then intact. It really is just a matter of time."

It is hard.. even worse when its not mutual... I have one now.. I fear it may never heal... yet people keep telling me it will

Time is a healer.. so they tell me..

Your friend needs to grieve, he has lost something close to his heart.

All you can do is be a good support and be there for him when he needs it.

Two words.. strip club

"It is hard.. even worse when its not mutual... I have one now.. I fear it may never heal... yet people keep telling me it will

Time is a healer.. so they tell me.. "

They do heal cali, i know from experience but i dont do the "love" thing anymore and never will.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

The opposite of love is not hate - that is still feeling and passion. It's indifference. When you get to indifference about that person then you are healed. Get through the five stages and then forgive yourself.

One day you wake up and their name is not the first thing that pops into your head. At some point you have a whole week like that.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Get him a singles profile on here and he will be hip high in sex offers to cheer him up..

His user name needs to be healingHeartpussy4 U or similar.

Good luck to him

"Two words.. strip club "

Absolutely! A sport fuck does wonders for one's self esteem

Having a friend is really important to someone in his position but one thing to bear in mind - don't try to cheer him up, it won't work. Someone earlier said to get him to picture where he'll be in two years and (sorry!) that's a great example of what not to do. He probably can't see two weeks ahead, making him feel like the world expects him to bounce back like nothing happened when he doesn't think he can (and he may well be right) will just depress him more.

Just follow his moods, if he's feeling up take advantage of it and do something fun but if he's feeling down, let him be down and be there for him.

That's my tuppence worth, anyway.

Oh, one other thing people just wouldn't understand when I had my heart broken last year as well. When you feel like your whole world has crashed down afound you you don't actually want it to get better, you don't want to heal. You want to tear yourself apart, possibly to die, and externally you want the world to stop in its tracks as well.

It feels like an insult to the love you still feel, to the values you've built your life on, for the world to carry on like nothing happened. You want to make people understand the severity of what you feel. Even worse, the thought of getting over it yourself. How can your love have meant anything in the first place if you have a future outside it? If you'll just end up moving on and being ok?

Eventually you have to move on, because what the hell else can you do, but it's the last thing you want to think about at the time. I know people who say "you'll be ok" and that crap mean well, but there's honestly nothing worse than being told that.

For myself, the only times I ever thought about ending my own life were times when someone close had tried to tell me I would be fine, it's just one of those things. It felt like I had to prove to people that that wasn't true.

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

"It is hard.. even worse when its not mutual... I have one now.. I fear it may never heal... yet people keep telling me it will

Time is a healer.. so they tell me..

They do heal cali, i know from experience but i dont do the "love" thing anymore and never will. "

I'm certain that's the easiest way just to close your heart off. I certainly wouldn't be feeling like this if I had and worse is when two people fall in love unexpectedly but know deep within their hearts it could never work. Ending something that feels so right despite being wrong is the worst heartbreak I've ever felt and I'm never risking feeling like this again

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"I got a real bad broken heart due to the death of a child, dont think anything comes close, but hope your mate is feeling better soon xxx "

there is nothing worse than losing a child born or unborn....worst broken heart i have ever felt..xxx

» Add a new message to this topic