FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Forums or chatrooms

Forums or chatrooms

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Which is best for getting to know people and why?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

neither. but to get a better look at someone id say chat with the cam option available

i still havent used the chatrooms onhere personally tho. i havent used a chatroom in a longtime period

By *ikkiBWoman  over a year ago

Falkirk

Depends how you use them I suppose. Most of the people I talk to on here are people from forums or chat. You get to see a bit more of their humour etc when you see them in chat or in forums and its better than the "hows u" that the messages usually contain lol

I find chatrooms chaotic

I like both just chat rooms move so fast to chat but lovely seeing a face on cam ... and forums i love the mix here .. its gets my mind working over time .. so work out for the brain .

By *xodussxMan  over a year ago

sheffield

Chat room is a waste of time

Forum is fine

"I find chatrooms chaotic "

We are not fans either. For us when we've tried it we felt bombarded with instructions to do stuff.

"I find chatrooms chaotic

We are not fans either. For us when we've tried it we felt bombarded with instructions to do stuff. "

thats what its like in there full of guys wanting to wank

"Depends how you use them I suppose. Most of the people I talk to on here are people from forums or chat. You get to see a bit more of their humour etc when you see them in chat or in forums and its better than the "hows u" that the messages usually contain lol"

they're very different animals in some respects. But then again if you sent 175 mails and then went in the chatroom with 175 people you're just as likely to be ignored in the chat as you would with the mails. Or not! its not very scientific

wider ranging topics,more relaxed= forums

fast,pervy,cams=chatroom

potentially more meets?= messages

I like the forums as you can get a better all rounded picture of people. The little green arrow is useful for seeing how people have responded to a variety of subjects.

"I like the forums as you can get a better all rounded picture of people. The little green arrow is useful for seeing how people have responded to a variety of subjects."

what does green mean

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Which is best for getting to know people and why?"
I would say by pm, as people tend to put on an act in the public forum/chatrooms.Failing that socials are pretty good for this.

"I like the forums as you can get a better all rounded picture of people. The little green arrow is useful for seeing how people have responded to a variety of subjects."

I agree and I also now know what the ticks for

"Which is best for getting to know people and why?I would say by pm, as people tend to put on an act in the public forum/chatrooms.Failing that socials are pretty good for this. "

i just wanna chat get to know people online before agreeing to meet

You can be ignored in both

"I like the forums as you can get a better all rounded picture of people. The little green arrow is useful for seeing how people have responded to a variety of subjects.

what does green mean"

Next to posters names, there is a green arrow. Click on it, and you can see all the posts they have responeded to

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Which is best for getting to know people and why?I would say by pm, as people tend to put on an act in the public forum/chatrooms.Failing that socials are pretty good for this.

i just wanna chat get to know people online before agreeing to meet"

pm then, in my opinion.

"I like the forums as you can get a better all rounded picture of people. The little green arrow is useful for seeing how people have responded to a variety of subjects.

I agree and I also now know what the ticks for "

Ya can stalk people

you stalking me

"Which is best for getting to know people and why?I would say by pm, as people tend to put on an act in the public forum/chatrooms.Failing that socials are pretty good for this.

i just wanna chat get to know people online before agreeing to meetpm then, in my opinion."

lots of people ignore pms

I would suggest a face to face drink & chat. Anyone can post 'old' photos or say they are the most fun people in the world. But there's nothing better than sitting in a pub, beer in hand, and chatting. You just have to get to that point. To us, an hour or so in a pub costs little in time and money, and is far better than written messages, as we all know.

This is probably yet another sin bin valid comment ..people on this forum don't like 'oldies' commenting about anything. THey are, of course, much more experienced than us.

"I would suggest a face to face drink & chat. Anyone can post 'old' photos or say they are the most fun people in the world. But there's nothing better than sitting in a pub, beer in hand, and chatting. You just have to get to that point. To us, an hour or so in a pub costs little in time and money, and is far better than written messages, as we all know.

This is probably yet another sin bin valid comment ..people on this forum don't like 'oldies' commenting about anything. THey are, of course, much more experienced than us. "

your age is not important thnk you for your comments

I really wouldnt use the forum as an indication of a possible future meet...unless I think there a complete twat on basic levels

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

both can be fun

both can be frustrating

both can be full of drama

both people may need to take a break at times

to both really

"I really wouldnt use the forum as an indication of a possible future meet...unless I think there a complete twat on basic levels"

Browsing the forums has put me right off some people.

"I really wouldnt use the forum as an indication of a possible future meet...unless I think there a complete twat on basic levels

Browsing the forums has put me right off some people."

never fancied u anyway

"I really wouldnt use the forum as an indication of a possible future meet...unless I think there a complete twat on basic levels

Browsing the forums has put me right off some people.

never fancied u anyway "

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

pm then, in my opinion.

lots of people ignore pms "

If I get a PM from a name I recognise from the forums then I'll always respond, specially if we've been bantering in a thread or two. I've had a couple of great meets that started off as a comment on the forum - and if only some forumites lived closer to Arse End they'd be on my to do list for def...

With regards to chat, I only ever go into Canada Chat when the loonies invade - I struggle to keep up with 30 odd forumites - couldn't be arsed with even trying in a room with 100 people I've not interacted with before (oh and there's no directing in Canada either so no-one saying how gorgeous I am (I'm so usually not when I'm on cam) and asking me to get me tits out)

I think it depends how you utilize both functions we have met some wonderful people through chat. Never saw the forums as a way to meet people but as a way to express our feelings and opinions on different subjects although we are now planning on meeting another couple from here too. I guess both have there own downfalls but on the whole some fantastic people are on both.

Forum Mod

I get all confused in chat,people pop up in boxes and I end up replying to them instead of who im actually talking to

I don't go in often its mad in there

I don't use either as a way to meet people really,I keep that well away from forums and chat

I used to go into the directing rooms but now I like the Canada invasions, its good fun & great to chat to fellow forumites.

"I get all confused in chat,people pop up in boxes and I end up replying to them instead of who im actually talking to

I don't use either as a way to meet people really,I keep that well away from forums and chat "

You can block pvt messages which is just as well cos in new chat before I knew that they would drive me nuttier

Love the forums. Chat rooms are a too full and fast to hold a conversation we find x

Forum Mod

"I get all confused in chat,people pop up in boxes and I end up replying to them instead of who im actually talking to

I don't use either as a way to meet people really,I keep that well away from forums and chat

You can block pvt messages which is just as well cos in new chat before I knew that they would drive me nuttier "

I worked that out in the end after id made an arse of myself

Chatrooms are mad , I'm not the fastest at typing lol, find the forums a much more relaxed and friendly way of getting to know folk.

I use chatrooms a fair bit, I like to go on cam and chat (too lazy to type sometimes)although recently, I have become bored with the same people and the same conversations. In both chat and forums it can be hard to get noticed, becoming a regular poster in here has had it's rewards, I've had some very nice messages from one or two forumites, I've also noticed I've been blocked by one or two as well..ho hum, you can't please everyone lol, in the main tho, I've enjoyed being here and having lots of fun, I also hope to meet a few more of you. I guess with most things, it depends on how much effort you want to put in, as to what you'll get out of it, either way ..enjoy

"I would suggest a face to face drink & chat. Anyone can post 'old' photos or say they are the most fun people in the world. But there's nothing better than sitting in a pub, beer in hand, and chatting. You just have to get to that point. To us, an hour or so in a pub costs little in time and money, and is far better than written messages, as we all know.

This is probably yet another sin bin valid comment ..people on this forum don't like 'oldies' commenting about anything. THey are, of course, much more experienced than us. "

But how does a single male on here find someone willing to meet for a drink?

Chat rooms are pointless as no one chats to you, they just chat to all their friends, funnily very similar to the forums but then on the forums, one can still get to know people and I have chatted to a few, met a few too

pm then, in my opinion.

If I get a PM from a name I recognise from the forums then I'll always respond, specially if we've been bantering in a thread or two. I've had a couple of great meets that started off as a comment on the forum - and if only some forumites lived closer to Arse End they'd be on my to do list for def...

With regards to chat, I only ever go into Canada Chat when the loonies invade - I struggle to keep up with 30 odd forumites - couldn't be arsed with even trying in a room with 100 people I've not interacted with before (oh and there's no directing in Canada either so no-one saying how gorgeous I am (I'm so usually not when I'm on cam) and asking me to get me tits out) "

Like anything both chat and the forums are tools to use as you see fit - there's no one size fits all model!

I wouldn't be seen dead in a directing room but if you choose the right one it can be possible to have a conversation with others rather than PM or respond to forum posts - and nice to see friendly faces too!

Those that get pissed off with being asked to do/watch stuff simply need to avoid the directing rooms - twats looking for cheap thrills soon get booted or leave when ignored!!

pm then, in my opinion.

With regards to chat, I only ever go into Canada Chat when the loonies invade - I struggle to keep up with 30 odd forumites - couldn't be arsed with even trying in a room with 100 people I've not interacted with before (oh and there's no directing in Canada either so no-one saying how gorgeous I am (I'm so usually not when I'm on cam) and asking me to get me tits out)

Like anything both chat and the forums are tools to use as you see fit - there's no one size fits all model!

I wouldn't be seen dead in a directing room but if you choose the right one it can be possible to have a conversation with others rather than PM or respond to forum posts - and nice to see friendly faces too!

Those that get pissed off with being asked to do/watch stuff simply need to avoid the directing rooms - twats looking for cheap thrills soon get booted or leave when ignored!! "

You probably should have warned people that asking to see someone's hands in Canada = a ban!

pm then, in my opinion.

Those that get pissed off with being asked to do/watch stuff simply need to avoid the directing rooms - twats looking for cheap thrills soon get booted or leave when ignored!!

You probably should have warned people that asking to see someone's hands in Canada = a ban! "

I suspect that was a bit over the top by whichever mod did that!!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

This is probably yet another sin bin valid comment ..people on this forum don't like 'oldies' commenting about anything. THey are, of course, much more experienced than us.

But how does a single male on here find someone willing to meet for a drink?"

If his last follow up posts are anything to go by your have to 'message Rio'

evesham

"I used to go into the directing rooms but now I like the Canada invasions, its good fun & great to chat to fellow forumites. "

They are quite addictive though lol

"I used to go into the directing rooms but now I like the Canada invasions, its good fun & great to chat to fellow forumites.

They are quite addictive though lol "

Oh yes very much so! Especially when I get people naming my knockers

Till recently I frequented the chat rooms, they were ok. I have found that the forums are more laid back and you can get a better idea of the people on here, as opposed to trying to follow a conversation in a chat room.

Forums are much better in my opinion

evesham

"I used to go into the directing rooms but now I like the Canada invasions, its good fun & great to chat to fellow forumites.

Oh yes very much so! Especially when I get people naming my knockers "

And surprise show and tells

What are your knockers called then????

What are your knockers called then????"

There aren't official names at the moment. However I have promised obi that if he can find names I like he can write them on my boobs and take a pic with his head in between for his and my profiles lol.

evesham

There aren't official names at the moment. However I have promised obi that if he can find names I like he can write them on my boobs and take a pic with his head in between for his and my profiles lol. "

i sense a thread coming on

There aren't official names at the moment. However I have promised obi that if he can find names I like he can write them on my boobs and take a pic with his head in between for his and my profiles lol.

i sense a thread coming on "

No he has to come up with them himself lol. No helping allowed lol.

» Add a new message to this topic