FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > asthma

asthma

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone here have asthma? Need some advice if poss. Sorry not swinging related and cant find anything on internet

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Yes, I'll help if I can

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My kids do, happy to help if i can x

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Me as well unfortunately!

Me and my kids do yes xx so ask away xx

Thank you. Ok I have asthma. Usually only suffer in extremes for example am fine until I get a cold then need hospital by ambulance and nebulizer etc.

Now I feel very very unwell.

Feel pain all over my body behind my eyes throat is beyond painful. Chest pain. My chest feels really really tight however I am not wheezing or anything. The odd hacking cough.

Co codamol is not touching it.

I just want lo close my eyes

Can asthma do this? Only ever known it to cause me breath difficulty and wheezing. This hurts to breathe in

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

"Thank you. Ok I have asthma. Usually only suffer in extremes for example am fine until I get a cold then need hospital by ambulance and nebulizer etc.

Feel pain all over my body behind my eyes throat is beyond painful. Chest pain. My chest feels really really tight however I am not wheezing or anything. The odd hacking cough.

Can asthma do this? Only ever known it to cause me breath difficulty and wheezing. This hurts to breathe in"

If I was you I would ring NHS direct, not sure if it is asthma related, your asthma souinds like mine.

Ring them, it can't do any harm, please keep in touch

By *exySwing3rsCouple  over a year ago

In Your Hearts

Probably good idea to visit A&E and get yourself checked out.

Yea I may do. I been searching the net. I have just got my kids back from their dads so cant get doctors or anything.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

ring NHS direct or go to a walk in centre or something. Doesnt sound like asthma to me, have you been ill prior to these symptoms?

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

why would you not ring for professional advice

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Thank you. Ok I have asthma. Usually only suffer in extremes for example am fine until I get a cold then need hospital by ambulance and nebulizer etc.

Can asthma do this? Only ever known it to cause me breath difficulty and wheezing. This hurts to breathe in

If I was you I would ring NHS direct, not sure if it is asthma related, your asthma souinds like mine.

Ring them, it can't do any harm, please keep in touch"

I agree, the worst I have ever been was when I was first diagnosed, just felt like a chest infection as was struggling to breath, but there is a horrible virus going around which a lot of your symtoms sound like, but I would phone if you are worried, better safe than sorry x

Yea been ill for about two months now. Run down etc

You need to speak to either nhs direct or get the out of hours doctor out.

"why would you not ring for professional advice

"

Being rude does not help.

Wanted to ask people who have it as often first hand experience is so much better. I certainly get to doctors tomorrow just wanted advice to get me through the night. Thanks guys x

I know this sounds funny but when you do breath in does it sound like your lungs are full of coco pops

999 and now

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

If you have chest pain and its not the same as your typical asthma you need to seek medical advise tonight rather than tomorrow.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"Wanted to ask people who have it as often first hand experience is so much better. I certainly get to doctors tomorrow just wanted advice to get me through the night. Thanks guys x"

so you are choosing not to ring the professional and wait until tomorrow.

are you alone with kids in the house

"I know this sounds funny but when you do breath in does it sound like your lungs are full of coco pops "

No wheezing whatsoever

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I'd say you got a chest infection, however ring the NHS direct line.. I did once when I was suffering really bad with a virus. A doc came to my house as I was having trouble breathing. Its not something that can be diganosed over the internet.

Can asthma do this? Only ever known it to cause me breath difficulty and wheezing. This hurts to breathe in"

That sounds like what I have had, do you ache constantly? Feel sleepy and as though someone is pushing down on your temple? X if so go to the doctors, nhs direct, I am just beginning to feel normal and mine started Monday xxx

"I'd say you got a chest infection, however ring the NHS direct line.. I did once when I was suffering really bad with a virus. A doc came to my house as I was having trouble breathing. Its not something that can be diganosed over the internet."

Ok so this happened when you had a virus. Ok thank you x

That sounds like what I have had, do you ache constantly? Feel sleepy and as though someone is pushing down on your temple? X if so go to the doctors, nhs direct, I am just beginning to feel normal and mine started Monday xxx"

Exactly how I feel

By *ighland_RoseCouple  over a year ago

Brigadoon

If you have had the flu recently it might have affected your heart. I don't mean to scare you but it does happen and you really ought to at least call NHS direct for advice. I know you are stuck at home with your kids but if it gets worse suddenly you would have to go to hospital anyway, it would be better to be in some control of the situation wouldn't it?

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

not bein rude or alarmist here but _iew does have a point.

You have a respiratory problem already and now a potential chest infection.

my uncle died of an asthma attack. many people underestimate how serious asthma is.

"If you have had the flu recently it might have affected your heart. I don't mean to scare you but it does happen and you really ought to at least call NHS direct for advice. I know you are stuck at home with your kids but if it gets worse suddenly you would have to go to hospital anyway, it would be better to be in some control of the situation wouldn't it?"

Na thanks. I will ring them now x

"If you have had the flu recently it might have affected your heart. I don't mean to scare you but it does happen and you really ought to at least call NHS direct for advice. I know you are stuck at home with your kids but if it gets worse suddenly you would have to go to hospital anyway, it would be better to be in some control of the situation wouldn't it?

Na thanks. I will ring them now x"

Hope you get better soon x

Ring your docs now and on there ansser phone there should be an out of hours doc number. Give them a call if your home alone and having trubble breathing then I would not leave it till morning

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

need to ring nhs direct and they will take the 'what to do next' problem out of your hands .. you sound very much like me who avoids doctors at all costs but there are occasions when you should seek advice. Asthma can kill people so its probably a good idea never to underestimate it. Hope you feel well soon

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"I'd say you got a chest infection, however ring the NHS direct line.. I did once when I was suffering really bad with a virus. A doc came to my house as I was having trouble breathing. Its not something that can be diganosed over the internet.

Ok so this happened when you had a virus. Ok thank you x"

If you are having problems leaving and can't leave the house.. they assess you they either say phone an ambulance or they send a doc out... I have never felt so rough. Just phone the NHS line... As people may have the same symptoms and have been diganosed however you may have something different. The internet is not the place for medical diganosis...

Prednisolone!

I have had chronic asthma and chest issues all of my life, what you are describing sounds viral/bacterial and not caused by asthma but your asthma/breathing will be affected and I suggest NHS Direct or A&E.

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"Anyone here have asthma? Need some advice if poss. Sorry not swinging related and cant find anything on internet"
Google and explore the Buteyko method - it has helped a number of my friends x

It may be bronchitis, bronchiolitis, pleurisy of many other things.

I have all of the above, and all need treatment, pleurisy specifically can make you feel the way you are, you need to phone now...

Predisplone is oral steroids - I've had them when I get a chest infection which my asthma spray won't relieve - and antibiotics to get rid of the infection. Steam inhalation can help relive the tightness on the chest as well

"It may be bronchitis, bronchiolitis, pleurisy of many other things.

I have all of the above, and all need treatment, pleurisy specifically can make you feel the way you are, you need to phone now..."

*had

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"....and cant find anything on internet"

By *exySwing3rsCouple  over a year ago

In Your Hearts

Hope you are feeling better today. Remember, lots of rest.

Thank you turned out have pneumonia been in hospital and feel a lot better now x

» Add a new message to this topic