FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Moan: Petrol Prices Going Up

Moan: Petrol Prices Going Up

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *exySwing3rs OP   Couple  over a year ago

In Your Hearts

Prices are predicted to go up again by upto 4p a litre in the coming days due to sheer greed of suppliers.

In our area, it's 131p a litre. Anyone paying more?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *teborahCouple  over a year ago

warrington

Bought a Fiat Seicento 900 for running around during the week and through the winter and use the M5 on selected days so to be honest the greedy feckers can charge what they want.

By *quirrelMan  over a year ago

North Yorks

£132.9 for petrol and £138.9 for diesel. (East of Manchester). What do you expect? all the petrol companies are looking towards end of their annual financial year when the accounts are scrutinised and bonuses are worked out.

We have had a number of new unmanned automated 24 hour per day petrol stations in our area, the reason given is that it will be cheaper to operate so they can be placed in areas where normally there is not enough traffic to warrant a manned station and in high traffic areas to cut time in refilling so higher sales will result in cost savings which will be passed on to the customer, funny why all these stations are asking the same price per litre as manned stations.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

its 134p here and 143p for diesel .at least the government and oil companies are making a killing while joe public suffers

There is a site you can sign up to in the fight for fair fuel prices! don't think we're allowed to mention it on here tho!

137.9 for diesel here by the way

By *teborahCouple  over a year ago

warrington

The thing is with this country and fuel prices. they could put it up to £2.50 a litre and we would all moan still buy it and do f all about it. If we were in France well that would be a different matter as they stick together

Under the current economic climate I don't think the prices are to bad!

"Prices are predicted to go up again by upto 4p a litre in the coming days due to sheer greed of suppliers.

In our area, it's 131p a litre. Anyone paying more?"

It is always going up then down. It was 139 last time I had my car. So no big deal. Not much you can do about it

I will hopefully get my next car cheap due to fuel prices.

By *UNCHBOXMan  over a year ago

folkestone

It's not so much the suppliers that the problem pushing up oil suppliers, it's the speculators pushing the price up, just as they do with food prices.

There was Armageddon and road blockades when it passed a quid.......and still we suffer constant rise. My protest to the oil barons is I cycle or walk wherever possible. Costs me fook all

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

DON'T STEAL

The Government hates competition

By *quirrelMan  over a year ago

North Yorks

Read that Gov duty on fuel means 62% (not 62p) of the cost of a litre of fuel is tax. So on a £134.9 litre of fuel 83.6p is tax and 51.3p goes to the company who actually go out drilling for it and get it to the petrol pump.

"Read that Gov duty on fuel means 62% (not 62p) of the cost of a litre of fuel is tax. So on a £134.9 litre of fuel 83.6p is tax and 51.3p goes to the company who actually go out drilling for it and get it to the petrol pump."

And people wonder why companies minimise their tax burden as much as possible. 51.3p doesn't leave a lot of room for profit if you consider the cost of drilling, transportation and all the wages involved for the people doing it.

The problem with domestic fuel supply is that we produce enough of our own to supply the country but we sell ours for more than we import others but the cost of importing it means it gets passed onto the consumer whilst the profits of selling our own oil is kept by the petrol companies (after tax of course).

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Bought a Fiat Seicento 900 for running around during the week and through the winter and use the M5 on selected days so to be honest the greedy feckers can charge what they want. "

Isn't the M5 quite a distance from Warrington?

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"Read that Gov duty on fuel means 62% (not 62p) of the cost of a litre of fuel is tax. So on a £134.9 litre of fuel 83.6p is tax and 51.3p goes to the company who actually go out drilling for it and get it to the petrol pump.

And people wonder why companies minimise their tax burden as much as possible. 51.3p doesn't leave a lot of room for profit if you consider the cost of drilling, transportation and all the wages involved for the people doing it.

The problem with domestic fuel supply is that we produce enough of our own to supply the country but we sell ours for more than we import others but the cost of importing it means it gets passed onto the consumer whilst the profits of selling our own oil is kept by the petrol companies (after tax of course)."

I say Wishy!....Cracking post

A moan is all well and good. Get it out of your system.

But the only way the price of fuel will change in a downwards direction is if everybody, and I mean everybody, stopped buying it for a substantial amount of time and used public or some other form of transport. Jam up the public system and cause chaos and things might change slightly, only slightly though.

The trouble is, the fuel companies can afford to wait til the protest is over and everyone is queing out of the filling stations at the end of it.

We're so dependent on it that people wouldn't stop using it though. They've GOT to get to work, or GOT to pick the kids up.

So they can charge what they like and you can bitch and moan all you like, it will never change.

» Add a new message to this topic