FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fake online lovers?

Fake online lovers?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Net users fall for fake online lovers all the time. Was a new show on sky MTV its on Mondays but also shown in week about people who meet on line and think thay are chatting to person in the pics and become very close and some even asking to marry and never meet but in love. Thay think its all real . Some how work and things get in the way Why thay cant.... Well two men in this go hunt them down and confront the people and It just shows you really what mugs people can be ... and suked in by all the lies. They say most people now meet there partners on line .He said it was so easy to do this and he got off on it all and he new she would never chat and things if she had seen real him and new about his real life .. so he made it all up and was over a year.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

It happens they prey on people vulnerability and desperation to meet someone...

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

its allways happened, allways will sadly..

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

people do fall for this but a lot of people are lonely and want to believe that the person they are talking to is real. I know of a lady who is being taken for every penny she has, house, savings etc.....willingly by a guy who lives in Cyprus who was a waiter at the hotel she stayed at on holiday about 8 years ago.He is married with children yet she believes he loves her and pays for hospital trips, car repairs, a new tractor you name it. My mum spoke to her about it saying we were all concerned for her and that we thought she was being taken for a ride she just said "you don't know what its like to be lonely".

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yeah I watched this and can't wait for the next one on Monday cos they been talking 10 years and not met yet!! It's called catfish the programme.

Nev the main man did his own film on this before as he was a victim himself of a woman with multiple personalities so he understands how these people feel.

It does make u think about who ur talking to on sites but normally I get a gut feeling if things don't feel right which has happened a lot where I've caught guys out who are not single lol (not on this site btw).

"its allways happened, allways will sadly..

"

Over the weeks this new tv shows going to show all sorts how the people got so fooled .. its all so sad but your right it will allways happen as people look for love in all places .

"Yeah I watched this and can't wait for the next one on Monday cos they been talking 10 years and not met yet!! It's called catfish the programme.

Nev the main man did his own film on this before as he was a victim himself of a woman with multiple personalities so he understands how these people feel.

It does make u think about who ur talking to on sites but normally I get a gut feeling if things don't feel right which has happened a lot where I've caught guys out who are not single lol (not on this site btw)."

Pof lol

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"its allways happened, allways will sadly..

Over the weeks this new tv shows going to show all sorts how the people got so fooled .. its all so sad but your right it will allways happen as people look for love in all places ."

yes, and its across all strata of society..

rich folk, professional and clever people get caught out also..

beneath it all there is a person with the basic needs that we all have..

and for every vulnerable person there will be a shark waiting to pounce..

"Yeah I watched this and can't wait for the next one on Monday cos they been talking 10 years and not met yet!! It's called catfish the programme.

It does make u think about who ur talking to on sites but normally I get a gut feeling if things don't feel right which has happened a lot where I've caught guys out who are not single lol (not on this site btw).

Pof lol"

That's one of them lol. Thing is if a guy gives me his number there's an easy way to find out if he's single or not and no it's not by ringing them lol

It does make u think about who ur talking to on sites but normally I get a gut feeling if things don't feel right which has happened a lot where I've caught guys out who are not single lol (not on this site btw)."

Do make you think and multiple personalities how some are so good at lying .. How the hell do thay remember what lie thay say .. in my time meet one liyer who i trusted but did meet him ... But for some its just so easy to do this.

Makes me think whos fake here and why we must keep a eye out and report get them taken off .. As some could be had in not a nice way if not.

Pof lol

That's one of them lol. Thing is if a guy gives me his number there's an easy way to find out if he's single or not and no it's not by ringing them lol"

Oh share your secret lol

Pof lol

That's one of them lol. Thing is if a guy gives me his number there's an easy way to find out if he's single or not and no it's not by ringing them lol

Oh share your secret lol"

Lol ok. I found this out by accident btw but has worked in my favour since lol.

Btw I only do this cos I've been messed around and lied to so much that it saves my time and the headaches.

I got an I phone so don't know if its the same for everyone but when I've been interested in someone on dating sites I get their number and save it in my phone, then go to face book on my phone and go to find friends and select "search phone contacts". This then brings up everyone I have on my phone who has their mobile number attached to their fb (a lot do!). I can then see if it brings up the guy and sometimes the idiot has his account open so u can see it all, gf's name the lot!

When I first did this by accident the guy had been saying how much he liked me, wanted to be with me etc so when I found out he wasn't single I told him his gfs name, kids names the lot! He shit himself and kept asking how I knew it all so I told him I was psychic and kept it up for hours pmsl!. If ur gonna play me ill play u haha. He begged me like an idiot not to tell his gf cos all of a sudden he'd realised how much he loved her and how much she means to him bla bla bla!, I'd never tell the gf cos it's not my place to but hope it shocks them enough into not doing it again lol

[Removed by poster at 26/01/13 13:16:17]

Pof lol

Oh share your secret lol

Btw I only do this cos I've been messed around and lied to so much that it saves my time and the headaches.

I got an I phone so don't know if its the same for everyone but when I've been interested in someone on dating sites I get their number and save it in my phone, then go to face book on my phone and go to find friends and select "search phone contacts". This then brings up everyone I have on my phone who has their mobile number attached to their fb (a lot do!). I can then see if it brings up the guy and sometimes the idiot has his account open so u can see it all, gf's name the lot!

When I first did this by accident the guy had been saying how much he liked me, wanted to be with me etc so when I found out he wasn't single I told him his gfs name, kids names the lot! He shit himself and kept asking how I knew it all so I told him I was psychic and kept it up for hours pmsl!. If ur gonna play me ill play u haha. He begged me like an idiot not to tell his gf cos all of a sudden he'd realised how much he loved her and how much she means to him bla bla bla!, I'd never tell the gf cos it's not my place to but hope it shocks them enough into not doing it again lol"

I wonder how many "single guys" on here who read this will now be checking their face book and making sure it's closed hehe

Pof lol

Oh share your secret lol

When I first did this by accident the guy had been saying how much he liked me, wanted to be with me etc so when I found out he wasn't single I told him his gfs name, kids names the lot! He shit himself and kept asking how I knew it all so I told him I was psychic and kept it up for hours pmsl!. If ur gonna play me ill play u haha. He begged me like an idiot not to tell his gf cos all of a sudden he'd realised how much he loved her and how much she means to him bla bla bla!, I'd never tell the gf cos it's not my place to but hope it shocks them enough into not doing it again lol

I wonder how many "single guys" on here who read this will now be checking their face book and making sure it's closed hehe"

well i am not on face book but i think you done well to think of doing that . If it saved you from being sucked in xx

Another quite common one that seems to be cropping up is, a 'US Marine' finds and falls in love with a venerable woman in the uk, after several months he says he wants to leave the marines and move to the uk.

HOWEVER a $2000 bounty has to be paid to release him from his contract with the marines. As he is still under contract for another, say 2 years

Pof lol

Oh share your secret lol

I wonder how many "single guys" on here who read this will now be checking their face book and making sure it's closed hehe well i am not on face book but i think you done well to think of doing that . If it saved you from being sucked in xx"

Yeah it has saved me quite a few times so altho to some people it could be seemed as wrong for me doing that but I'm only putting myself first after being pulled in too many times to get hurt or treated like an idiot

"Another quite common one that seems to be cropping up is, a 'US Marine' finds and falls in love with a venerable woman in the uk, after several months he says he wants to leave the marines and move to the uk.

HOWEVER a $2000 bounty has to be paid to release him from his contract with the marines. As he is still under contract for another, say 2 years"

wow really ... I have a feeling on this new TV show we will be seeing things about money .

"Another quite common one that seems to be cropping up is, a 'US Marine' finds and falls in love with a venerable woman in the uk, after several months he says he wants to leave the marines and move to the uk.

HOWEVER a $2000 bounty has to be paid to release him from his contract with the marines. As he is still under contract for another, say 2 years"

Oh not heard that one but don't think I'd be talking to someone that far away, the furthest I've chatted to someone is Northern Ireland and we've been chatting nearly a year now but NI promise of marriage etc I'm not that silly no more lol

HOWEVER a $2000 bounty has to be paid to release him from his contract with the marines. As he is still under contract for another, say 2 years wow really ... I have a feeling on this new TV show we will be seeing things about money ."

I think so too. Years ago I met a guy from London and after the one visit he knew I had a good nature and would do anything for anyone so after that he'd tell me he had no money to get the train down and a couple if times asked me to out the train fare in his account and he'd promise he'd come down.. As u guessed he never did! I'm not so stupid no more.

HOWEVER a $2000 bounty has to be paid to release him from his contract with the marines. As he is still under contract for another, say 2 years wow really ... I have a feeling on this new TV show we will be seeing things about money .

I think so too. Years ago I met a guy from London and after the one visit he knew I had a good nature and would do anything for anyone so after that he'd tell me he had no money to get the train down and a couple if times asked me to out the train fare in his account and he'd promise he'd come down.. As u guessed he never did! I'm not so stupid no more."

well i think its really good i hope more will do that ... having read this .. and your far from stupid . xx

HOWEVER a $2000 bounty has to be paid to release him from his contract with the marines. As he is still under contract for another, say 2 years wow really ... I have a feeling on this new TV show we will be seeing things about money .

I think so too. Years ago I met a guy from London and after the one visit he knew I had a good nature and would do anything for anyone so after that he'd tell me he had no money to get the train down and a couple if times asked me to out the train fare in his account and he'd promise he'd come down.. As u guessed he never did! I'm not so stupid no more. well i think its really good i hope more will do that ... having read this .. and your far from stupid . xx"

Thank u

Think people who see that programme will maybe think a bit more carefully. I admit ive been naieve in the past and because of this it kinda makes u a little paranoid about whos for real and whos not

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

I remember my days of online dating (pre-swinging). I was chatting to a lady for 2 months, we even spoke on the phone in the evenings until she was ready for us to mee tin person.

So I made the trip down to the coast (town she was in) and we spent the day exploring, sights, amusements, meals and cafes... till it was much later and by dinner I asked her if she had enjoyed her day.. and what next she felt like doing (I only dared ask the question ash one of our previous conversations had "explored in detail our first meeting").

She looked at me, then smiled this weird/confused/ "gotcha!" smile and said "Oh hunny, I'm sorry - I forgot to tell you I've had a boyfriend for the last 6 months!"

I think it was at that point I thought "sod seeking relationships, I'm wasting my time saving myself when I could be having fun". Lol.

By *ussy-StretcherMan  over a year ago

UK

Bro, I must tell you the lady was still very much single at the time. The fancy vibe that made her eagerly want to meet you went flat during her day trip with you, and you should be thankful she let you down gently as she did.

Some women tend to go against their gut due to loneliness and desperation for a partner thinking things could change or worse, with an ‘I can change him’ attitude for things to go pear-shaped along the way.

Women and Men are totally different species. Have you read that ancient book ‘Women are from Venus, Men from Mars’? - It tells a lot!

The first thing Men go for in Women is the physical attraction, but women tend to go for personality before anything else. They don’t care about how handsome you are or how rich.

I like to think that Women can become physically attracted to a Man that they weren't initially attracted to base on a good personality. I've known guys that are gorgeous but once they open their mouth they instantly become ugly because of their bad personality.

While you, as a Man from Mars, was busy fantasizing how gorgeous she was, and how you were going to ravish her in bed on your first date with her, and how you were both going to be together ever after; as a Woman from Venus, she was busy judging you on the ‘law of human attraction’; reading your body language for a slightest sign of a physical attraction or chemistry, as some people would like to call it.

Most of the time, we, Men miss the eye contact communication on our very first date with Women, because we are busy staring lustfully. And Women take grooming behaviours very seriously as well. Like Men chewing their food badly on a date. Biting their fingernails or showing signs of excessively high opinion of their appearance, abilities, or worth like bragging about your job, cars and wealth and stuffs like that. I cant blame we Men for doing this, I would blame it on the flipping testerone level in our bones, you know lol

And Verbal communication is another thing bro, oh my God, I must confess we, Men often have trouble saying what we mean and meaning what we say, and Women don’t like anal-guessing what you saying, you know. They like Men to be concise and direct, and not talk too much and listen to them talk and moan about random boring things, you know.

That’s why its been very difficult with internet dating and chat sites, most often women meet men online therefore there's no physical contact to detect these more subtle signs. And most of the time, you see Women feel reluctant to go on the first date because they’re not yet sure if you’re ‘The One’, while we, Men too eager to meet and get the testerone beast out of action fast by relentlessly pushes to meet in person because quite frankly, our first interest is based on physical attractiveness of probably a sexual nature.

The key is Women want Men that have the self-control to demonstrate signs beyond the physical attraction to them. You know, take interest in whatever jargons she’s got to say no matter how boring or out of sync. And we African Men are famous for being too cocky sometimes, you know.

I’m just expressing my thought here, please no biting,..my gorgeous princesses and queens. I love Women and I’m learning to understand the wonderful female specie every day of my life lol

"Bro, I must tell you the lady was still very much single at the time. The fancy vibe that made her eagerly want to meet you went flat during her day trip with you, and you should be thankful she let you down gently as she did.

Some women tend to go against their gut due to loneliness and desperation for a partner thinking things could change or worse, with an ‘I can change him’ attitude for things to go pear-shaped along the way.

Women and Men are totally different species. Have you read that ancient book ‘Women are from Venus, Men from Mars’? - It tells a lot!

The first thing Men go for in Women is the physical attraction, but women tend to go for personality before anything else. They don’t care about how handsome you are or how rich.

I like to think that Women can become physically attracted to a Man that they weren't initially attracted to base on a good personality. I've known guys that are gorgeous but once they open their mouth they instantly become ugly because of their bad personality.

While you, as a Man from Mars, was busy fantasizing how gorgeous she was, and how you were going to ravish her in bed on your first date with her, and how you were both going to be together ever after; as a Woman from Venus, she was busy judging you on the ‘law of human attraction’; reading your body language for a slightest sign of a physical attraction or chemistry, as some people would like to call it.

Most of the time, we, Men miss the eye contact communication on our very first date with Women, because we are busy staring lustfully. And Women take grooming behaviours very seriously as well. Like Men chewing their food badly on a date. Biting their fingernails or showing signs of excessively high opinion of their appearance, abilities, or worth like bragging about your job, cars and wealth and stuffs like that. I cant blame we Men for doing this, I would blame it on the flipping testerone level in our bones, you know lol

And Verbal communication is another thing bro, oh my God, I must confess we, Men often have trouble saying what we mean and meaning what we say, and Women don’t like anal-guessing what you saying, you know. They like Men to be concise and direct, and not talk too much and listen to them talk and moan about random boring things, you know.

That’s why its been very difficult with internet dating and chat sites, most often women meet men online therefore there's no physical contact to detect these more subtle signs. And most of the time, you see Women feel reluctant to go on the first date because they’re not yet sure if you’re ‘The One’, while we, Men too eager to meet and get the testerone beast out of action fast by relentlessly pushes to meet in person because quite frankly, our first interest is based on physical attractiveness of probably a sexual nature.

The key is Women want Men that have the self-control to demonstrate signs beyond the physical attraction to them. You know, take interest in whatever jargons she’s got to say no matter how boring or out of sync. And we African Men are famous for being too cocky sometimes, you know.

I’m just expressing my thought here, please no biting,..my gorgeous princesses and queens. I love Women and I’m learning to understand the wonderful female specie every day of my life lol "

Will take a life time for you to understand woman as you men are so different , lol why maybe we like and love each other . You make some good points in your post here xxx liked reading it..

It's all one big learning curve.

If you want to see a really messed up fake girlfriend story, look up what happened to Manti Te'o.

"If you want to see a really messed up fake girlfriend story, look up what happened to Manti Te'o."
Thanks will read that ... x Things some will do hiding behind the net on line ... sad really what you read and how people get so hurt and ripped off.

By *adyH and GrissomCouple  over a year ago

Llantarnum

Like so many things in life, the bad miniority spoil it for the rest. Trusted my instincts, met my OH though a dating site and it was the best move I ever made.

"Like so many things in life, the bad miniority spoil it for the rest. Trusted my instincts, met my OH though a dating site and it was the best move I ever made. "
wow really thats lovely. And yes good and bad come from most things and on the Net.. just feel sorry for some its a lover but a pen pal too and big part of there lives and for some all lies.xx

Catfish is on MTV tonight at 10.. Tell you its a very strange world some live in .. cyber unreal world ..

O my god just watched this I can't beleave the girl sunny really beleaved he was real !!! And I don't under stand the mo that I herd the voice I new it was a girl how did she not !!!

"O my god just watched this I can't believe the girl sunny really beleaved he was real !!! And I don't under stand the mo that I herd the voice I new it was a girl how did she not !!! "
was going to be a very young man or girl ... god it was so weird her chatting months and not having a clue it was a woman until thay tracked this person down .. x

The thing is I can kind of see how easy it is to fool for word on a screen .

"The thing is I can kind of see how easy it is to fool for word on a screen . "
just the things thay think up ... like sisters dead and stuff .. still layers no matter which way you look at it. And them saying thay love each other and never meet .

I have a theory . If I am chatting to a guy on line and his life sounds really exciting and he's alway saying this happened to day and that happened , then he's lieing because no ones life is that exciting lol

"I have a theory . If I am chatting to a guy on line and his life sounds really exciting and he's alway saying this happened to day and that happened , then he's lieing because no ones life is that exciting lol "

I agree, or ones that have so many tragedies! Ok some people have bad luck but why tell me everything within the first 24 hours

"I have a theory . If I am chatting to a guy on line and his life sounds really exciting and he's alway saying this happened to day and that happened , then he's lieing because no ones life is that exciting lol

I agree, or ones that have so many tragedies! Ok some people have bad luck but why tell me everything within the first 24 hours"

Yep that one as well is I dead give away lol

"I have a theory . If I am chatting to a guy on line and his life sounds really exciting and he's alway saying this happened to day and that happened , then he's lieing because no ones life is that exciting lol "
yes you could be on to something ,

"I have a theory . If I am chatting to a guy on line and his life sounds really exciting and he's alway saying this happened to day and that happened , then he's lieing because no ones life is that exciting lol

I agree, or ones that have so many tragedies! Ok some people have bad luck but why tell me everything within the first 24 hours

Yep that one as well is I dead give away lol"

Had this quite a few times lol

The programmes on in 20 minutes, this one should be interesting cos they been chatting 10 years and not met! Why would u do that? Lol

» Add a new message to this topic