FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Geneology

Geneology

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Has anyone traced there family tree back? If so how far did you get and did you find it interesting. I want to do mine on my fathers side but dont know where to start. I went on that ancestory site but couldnt even find me let alone anyone else in the family.

Id be happy if someone wants to do mine for me

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm our family's historian and I've completed both sides of my tree back to the 1600s. My father's side is French (possibly Heugenots)and my mother's is Welsh but both families settled in Wiltshire circa 1590. My mother's side has a line of Deppe's and my father's side has a line of Sainsbury's in the mix. Through my research I've managed to trace many living relatives that nobody knew about so it's been really worthwhile. I'm lucky that I have two rare surnames in my family that were easy to trace, if you're a Smith or a Jones, you may find it a lot harder.

Ancestry.com is crap, you'll have better chance of success with findmypast.co.uk, good luck and get in topuch if you need any help.

ive too tried this and failed.alot of us in our family would love to trace back our family tree

Hiya I've been tracing peoples family history for 20 yrs now....happy to help if u want it....or even do it for u if u wish

I've done a few peoples now and helped a few others with theirs too

xx

"Hiya I've been tracing peoples family history for 20 yrs now....happy to help if u want it....or even do it for u if u wish

I've done a few peoples now and helped a few others with theirs too

xx"

yes pleasee

By *eclan_and_AimeeCouple  over a year ago

dunblane, stirling

I done mine when I was younger so it was a lot easier as i had a lot of family who could help - my gran knew most of the details i needed and my great granny is still alive so i was able to go back into 1850 with ease.

Tribalpages . com is quite good to write all the information into when/if you find anything interesting.

"I done mine when I was younger so it was a lot easier as i had a lot of family who could help - my gran knew most of the details i needed and my great granny is still alive so i was able to go back into 1850 with ease.

Tribalpages . com is quite good to write all the information into when/if you find anything interesting."

ive found my grandma birth and death certificates, should that be the starting point?

Daredevils, check your email....get in touch if i can help x

dunblane, stirling

"I done mine when I was younger so it was a lot easier as i had a lot of family who could help - my gran knew most of the details i needed and my great granny is still alive so i was able to go back into 1850 with ease.

Tribalpages . com is quite good to write all the information into when/if you find anything interesting.

ive found my grandma birth and death certificates, should that be the starting point?"

Yes defo a good start, from that you should be able to find when/if she was married and to who, then details of siblings and children. It should just branch out from there. not to mention that her parents should be named on the birth certificate and you can request a copy of either of their birth certificates too. It's easier to find information of someone after they have passed.

good luck

xAx

ive found my grandma birth and death certificates, should that be the starting point?"

hi hun

ive been tracing my family tree on my father sides on and off for the last 3 years

its very intersting to do and a lot easyer with the net but it dose your head in sometimes

the best place to start it with you and your hubby/partener and your children and work backwards from there

there are lots of websites for you to use to go through things like the cenuses births death and marriage certs

but some websites and more exspenive than others places like the libary will help as well

birmingham libary is best for looking up BDM's but if your family were born in lester then you libary might have the information you need

if you wont to know more about tracing you family tree message me and i can give you the web addys that are best to use and any other info you might need

"Daredevils, check your email....get in touch if i can help x"

thanks just replied x

dunblane, stirling

ooops ye, i forgot to say, start with the youngest member of your family and do everyone you know then you can start to work it back the way. dont forget to speak to other members in your family, they might remember helpful information (about where someone was born or married)

xAx

By *riendlyfunfemWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

I've done some but have drawn a blank on my mums side, there is a possibility of two families who I could be decended from. So far I have got back to 1875, not very far really. I'd love some help to get back further. If you have time and means to travel its very interesting to find old family graves etc and parish records should be a help.

By *ebzStarWoman  over a year ago

Notting

We tried tracing me grandfathers side for my mum, but all the records that were there we all burned in a parish fire.

No other records - my mum and her partner even went over there to try and find out more, but no luck.

Shame really. As all the family parted and went all over - some in Canada etc.

So. When i got an email thhru facebook saying she was a coiusin in Canada - i was like WOW - but it wasnt me grandfathers side at all, was me dads side.

But - i suddenly have 86 family members that i never knew i had !!!!

Now thats a WOW!!!!

i got mine back to the 1830's in fife!!! found a few good skeletons whilst doin it too!! but also loads of relations i never knew i had!! good luck with those that are doin theirs xx

» Add a new message to this topic