FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Bored of life

Bored of life

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We all must feel this at some stage or another, question is what do you do to shake things up when you're stuck in a rut

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Take a step back. Appreciate the little things

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Go on holiday !

I had to have a good cry Friday morning. The cost of everything getting me down, I work hard, self employed gardener but really struggling to cover all the bills. Keep waking up stupid early in the mornings thru stress, have lost close to two stone in weight as not eating properly. Told my wife if it wasn’t for our two grandkids I could just completely give up.

By *andadbodMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

At my low point I called the samaritans, found a hobby I really enjoyed and done my best to correct the things that were going wrong in my life, im still on that road to recovery, but calling the samaritans was the start of turning things around for myself.

By *obilebottomMan  over a year ago

All over

Sad to hear people struggling in one way or another. Never just bottle it all up. Talk to someone, whether professional or just a friend or family. Take time for yourself, yes the small things count as others said. A holiday helps but so does just a little regular walk away from everything and everyone. Try to break down everything that affects you in that way as can be overwhelming looking at everything together.Then make a list against each of those that will tackle it in a big or small way. It really doesn't matter as long as you are moving forward a little bit with each action you take. And please remember that we all go through these things from time to time no matter what the facade might be. Take care of yourselves

By *obilebottomMan  over a year ago

All over

"I had to have a good cry Friday morning. The cost of everything getting me down, I work hard, self employed gardener but really struggling to cover all the bills. Keep waking up stupid early in the mornings thru stress, have lost close to two stone in weight as not eating properly. Told my wife if it wasn’t for our two grandkids I could just completely give up. "

I am very sorry to hear all this. It's so sad that a hard working man should have to suffer in this way. That's why I feel so strongly about the injustice that this so called living crisis has brought to the doorstep of so many people. Lots of people struggling and despite the political rhetoric, little is really done in reality. I hope you stay strong and keep going and wish you all the best. On a lighter note, I wish you were closer as I desperately need a gardener right now and can't get one to do the jobs I need doing at the moment.

By *os_GoddessofdawnWoman  over a year ago

In the clouds

I used to get d*unk, which was never a good thing to do... but 3 years sober almost now, I go out for a long walk because nature always sets me right x

I stop. I have the luxury of time to simply stop. I step back from everything and I focus on the practicalities of getting through one day at a time.

That usually means focusing on what others who rely on me need. I stop thinking of me. That may seem contrary to so much of the advice given, to think of oneself and one’s own needs but it’s what works for me.

When I see others doing well, their positive energy feeds me and helps me rejuvenate.

M

By *linyMan  over a year ago

Manchester/London

I suffered with stress and thought I was managing it but no, it put me in hospital very recently and nearly cost my life had I not had emergency surgery. I’m taking time off working and fortunately can do so being self employed and I’m finding happiness again! There’s going to be a LOT of fun had this summer!!

As others have said, seek professional help, you’ve done brilliantly by recognising somethings wrong so it’s positive steps all the way now!

By *andadbodMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

"I used to get d*unk, which was never a good thing to do... but 3 years sober almost now, I go out for a long walk because nature always sets me right x"

me too

"I used to get d*unk, which was never a good thing to do... but 3 years sober almost now, I go out for a long walk because nature always sets me right x"

Well done on 3 years sober

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I read or go for a walk

By *ox1 red leaderMan  over a year ago

farnham

I jump back into lots of books and meditation.. Book, "fuck it therapy" is also great read

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

Happy music and try stay busy.

Mrs

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Throw the bag in the car and take off somewhere

By *aucasian GhandiMan  over a year ago

from my dad's left nut (Warwick)

"We all must feel this at some stage or another, question is what do you do to shake things up when you're stuck in a rut "

Identify the problem acknowledge it and fo something diffrent. Nothing changes nothing changes

By *amierebelMan  over a year ago

nae danger.

This is great to hear congratulations on 3 years sober

» Add a new message to this topic