FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do you believe In karma

Do you believe In karma

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *929 OP   Man  over a year ago

newcastle

Is it real? is it selective? Does it exist for some and not for overs?

I personally believe it to be selective, without going into too much detail I’ve had done very ironic punishments dealt by life that I believe to be karma most recently insisting my best mates heart attack was due to obesity and living like a slob and just over a year later I had one haha. Other people I’ve seen act terrible towards others and never seem to suffer any consequences

I try to be good nowadays and go good deeds but bad luck seems to continue on hence my belief it’s selective

What’s other people’s views/experiences on it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No, don’t believe in it.

Things happen completely at random, and with no outside influence from other occurrences.

Coincidences may occur, but I’m not having that some previous occurrence has influenced future events.

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Quite often when I hear people talk about karma, I think they really just want some kind of revenge

By *adygrey59Woman  over a year ago

barnstaple

I'm more what will be will be

By *inkymixedguyMan  over a year ago

southampton

A do. I stupidly hurt someone I cared about. And literally a yr to the day same thing happened to me.

I'm a believer

By *ittlebirdWoman  over a year ago

The Big Smoke

I totally believe in it. It’s not something anyone else can wish upon you though. You make your own karma

By *implynaughty1Couple  over a year ago

stockport

Nope

"Quite often when I hear people talk about karma, I think they really just want some kind of revenge "

I agree with this.

I'm not sure about karma specifically.

I do believe in vibrations and actions having a reverberating effect, however small that effect night be.

I don't think things happen in a void.

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

No, I don't.

I just try to do my best, but have seen too many bad things happen to good people to believe they've in any way "deserved" it.

"No, I don't.

I just try to do my best, but have seen too many bad things happen to good people to believe they've in any way "deserved" it."

This is very true

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

No, not for me. Karma resonates with malevolence as opposed to benevolence.

I hope so, I've had a few individuals to her list

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

"Is it real? is it selective? Does it exist for some and not for overs?"

If it's selective then that's not really 'karma.' Might be true, of course, but not really the idea of karma as that word is traditionally used. (I could be wrong, obviously!)

I don't believe in karma, personally. I would like to. And a nore general idea of "people get what's coming to them" is appealing, but doesn't match my experience in any universal sense.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

No. There's likely no magic force etc to do such a thing

By *aptain Caveman41Man  over a year ago

Home

"No. There's likely no magic force etc to do such a thing "
I agree with you on that

By *nigmaschild300Man  over a year ago

dunfermline

Nope it's like religion it just makes some people feel better.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

No I don't.

Shit happens and humans are pattern seeking creatures.

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

The concept of karma as most people believe it to be is a hugely bastardised version of its original meaning.

It now seems to be seen as a passive form of revenge whereas the original meaning is a unifying balance of the universe.

Karma isn’t about a cheater getting kicked in the crotch, it is about energies being balanced

By *929 OP   Man  over a year ago

newcastle

"No. There's likely no magic force etc to do such a thing "

Haha it makes feel daft for believing in it when it’s put like that, just have had so many ironic punishments I can’t help believing in it in some way just not that it exists for everyone or always exist both ways for one person (eg in own case I believe bad things will be punished but good deeds will not create good luck)

By *ackBackMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

I believe we are responsible for our actions and doings

Wholeheartedly believe in Karma, however what what we deem it to be is somewhat lost in translation. The true concept of Karma can be better understood if you care to read the "Bhagavad-Gita".

"Is it real? is it selective? Does it exist for some and not for overs?

I personally believe it to be selective, without going into too much detail I’ve had done very ironic punishments dealt by life that I believe to be karma most recently insisting my best mates heart attack was due to obesity and living like a slob and just over a year later I had one haha. Other people I’ve seen act terrible towards others and never seem to suffer any consequences

I try to be good nowadays and go good deeds but bad luck seems to continue on hence my belief it’s selective

What’s other people’s views/experiences on it?"

I’m very 50/50 on it simply because I spent years being a selfless as possible and going out of my way to help people but by the end of it I always seemed to get screwed over, if I’m waiting on a good karma payout then it’s long overdue

Home

"Wholeheartedly believe in Karma, however what what we deem it to be is somewhat lost in translation. The true concept of Karma can be better understood if you care to read the "Bhagavad-Gita"."
if it really existed I'd definitely be getting luckier than I am

"Wholeheartedly believe in Karma, however what what we deem it to be is somewhat lost in translation. The true concept of Karma can be better understood if you care to read the "Bhagavad-Gita".if it really existed I'd definitely be getting luckier than I am"

“The meaning of Karma is in the intention. The intention behind the action is what matters. Those who are motivated only by desire for the fruits of action are miserable, for they are constantly anxious about the results of what they do.”

Home

"Wholeheartedly believe in Karma, however what what we deem it to be is somewhat lost in translation. The true concept of Karma can be better understood if you care to read the "Bhagavad-Gita".if it really existed I'd definitely be getting luckier than I am

“The meaning of Karma is in the intention. The intention behind the action is what matters. Those who are motivated only by desire for the fruits of action are miserable, for they are constantly anxious about the results of what they do.”"

karma is a bitch

"Wholeheartedly believe in Karma, however what what we deem it to be is somewhat lost in translation. The true concept of Karma can be better understood if you care to read the "Bhagavad-Gita".if it really existed I'd definitely be getting luckier than I am

“The meaning of Karma is in the intention. The intention behind the action is what matters. Those who are motivated only by desire for the fruits of action are miserable, for they are constantly anxious about the results of what they do.”karma is a bitch "

Maybe you should consider taking up Karma Yoga, it may bring you a sense of happiness.

Home

“The meaning of Karma is in the intention. The intention behind the action is what matters. Those who are motivated only by desire for the fruits of action are miserable, for they are constantly anxious about the results of what they do.”karma is a bitch

Maybe you should consider taking up Karma Yoga, it may bring you a sense of happiness. "

not bendy enough

“The meaning of Karma is in the intention. The intention behind the action is what matters. Those who are motivated only by desire for the fruits of action are miserable, for they are constantly anxious about the results of what they do.”karma is a bitch

Maybe you should consider taking up Karma Yoga, it may bring you a sense of happiness. not bendy enough "

Different type of yoga, nevermind. Just simply try to behave. I'm forever trying but it's not easy, and should be considering practicing more Karma Yoga in lieu of being a sissy bitch and taking plenty cocks up my arsehole, down throat and worshipping pussy.

By *uby StarCouple  over a year ago

Durham

Nope, not at all.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

Do good things and good things will happen……….load of bollocks. I’ve been a horrible cunt and my life is cushtie.

The mr

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

[Removed by poster at 24/05/23 05:24:46]

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

100% believe in what goes around comes around.

The last three people to unfairly cross me in business are all now no longer with us.

Not going into detail but they all got what they deserved as I had done nothing to them personally other than be their competition.

In one case I had even done work for them for a number of years.

Mr.

By *t0600Man  over a year ago

elvedon

What goes around comes around . I believe in it to a degree but it’s what you make it isn’t it

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

Yes, but Karma happens after you die, and is something you have to live off in you next life. That is why you should be mindful of what you do and who you hurt in this life.

Do I believe there's someone keeping score out to get you in the universe? No. I think karma is like religion, something that justifies something good or bad with a reward or consequence. There's no substance to it but it makes people feel at peace so I guess belief is a good thing.

Tatooine

"Do I believe there's someone keeping score out to get you in the universe? No. I think karma is like religion, something that justifies something good or bad with a reward or consequence. There's no substance to it but it makes people feel at peace so I guess belief is a good thing. "
Not like religion as it is a solitary belief not an organised rule by an instution.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I have seen some of the worst individuals sail through life while screwing so many people over,and decent kind people who seem to be hit with bad luck over and over. So no I don't believe in it at all.

Tatooine

12 Laws of Karma:

Cause and effect

Law of creation

Humility

Growth

Resposibilty

connection

focus

giving

here and now, presence

change

patience and reward

significance and inspiration

Not just about people doing something shitty.

By *uietlycheekyMan  over a year ago

aberdeen

Karma doesn’t usually happen overnight……. From experience …It definitely happens eventually.

In the wise words of Akala…

Time is a cycle, not a line. Everything will come back round eventually, no matter how long it takes.

I do!

By *tsJustKateWoman  over a year ago

London

Its utter nonsense

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

Not directly but I think you can spread good will that may eventually come back to you. Or the opposite. So if I let someone go in front of me in traffic or in a supermarket line, I have made that person a little happier and they may spread that to someone else and so on in some glorious cosmic chain.

Oh, very much so

By *wingin CatMan  over a year ago

London

I believe in karma, in much the same way that I believe in fate; that you're fated to have or have not.

By *stbury DavenportMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

Of course not.

I've mentioned the just world fallacy on here before. Didn't go well.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

If you believe in karma as a universal force that's punishing bad people you will see it in action everywhere. However it's likely that you'll disregard the bad things that go unpunished. I'm also not sure that something that isn't sentient can be selective, doesn't that prove that karma as its thought of by many doesn't exist and these events are in fact just random occurrences?

Karma as a philosophy or belief is quite different as far as I understand it

Karma is my boyfriend. Karma is a god. Karma is the breeze in my hair on the weekend. Karma's a relaxing thought. Aren't you envious that for you it's not? Sweet like honey, karma is a cat purring in my lap because it loves me. Flexing like a goddamn acrobat. Me and karma vibe like that.

By *ldgeezermeMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Yes, but Karma happens after you die, and is something you have to live off in you next life. That is why you should be mindful of what you do and who you hurt in this life."

Are you Glenn Hoddle?

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

"No, I don't.

I just try to do my best, but have seen too many bad things happen to good people to believe they've in any way "deserved" it."

Totally agree with this

By *riel13Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

No... Nor luck or any other made up stuff to make people feel better about life being life

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

I wish there was karma, then there would be far fewer utter arseholes, lying cunts and murderous bastards in the world because they would all be doing service as dung beetles.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I wish there was karma, then there would be far fewer utter arseholes, lying cunts and murderous bastards in the world because they would all be doing service as dung beetles."

No justice, only power. All too often.

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Yes. I do and also how the dharma can affect your karma, dharma consists of good deeds. I like indian philosophy

By *mf123Man  over a year ago

with one foot out the door

No too many rich arsholes capable off selling out anyone for it to exist

Nope

By *ansoffateMan  over a year ago

Sagittarius A

I met a woman called Karma. In the end I assumed it was because I was evil in a former life.

I do !

By *tooveMan  over a year ago

belfast

Nope. It's a load of nonsense.

By *amierebelMan  over a year ago

nae danger.

Nah, people just hope there's some form of karma

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

"Karma is my boyfriend. Karma is a god. Karma is the breeze in my hair on the weekend. Karma's a relaxing thought. Aren't you envious that for you it's not? Sweet like honey, karma is a cat purring in my lap because it loves me. Flexing like a goddamn acrobat. Me and karma vibe like that."

I can't decide if this sounds more like an Old Spice advert, or a Fry & Laurie sketch!

"Karma, karma, karma, karma, karma chameleon

You come and go, you come and go

Loving would be easy if your colors were like my dreams

Red, gold, and green, red, gold, and green..."

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

I do believe in it.

There are too many times to mention, where people have fucked things up for themselves, after being a cunt to someone.

"Yes. I do and also how the dharma can affect your karma, dharma consists of good deeds. I like indian philosophy "

Yes definitely!!! But doing things naturally been helpful and nice naturally!! Not because you want to change your luck !! Don’t believe in bad karma, that dose not exist!! Think that life is good and life can be though but life always get better!! And good things happen to good people

I agree with the OP, my friend is so genuinely a good person who puts others first and seems to be in a lot of bad luck as of late

However, I know bad people find themselves in bad situations too!

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Sure it exists otherwise wouldn't be a term everything catches up eventually and strikes unexpectedly boom

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Karma is a belief justice system, it gives people hope that anyone who has been a cunt to them, will get their comeuppance. I've seen it change people for the better and give them a reason to be a part of society again. Do I believe there is a cosmic force, no. But I believe in positive and negative energy defining our choices, which incidentally lead to karma. Do I enjoy it when shitty people get it...Well Yes

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

No it’s completely made up Buddhist nonsense that we are continually reborn until all the bad is dealt with.

Do I believe good things happen to you if you are kind, generous , positive etc yes of course but that ain’t karma that’s just being a good human

Tatooine

"No it’s completely made up Buddhist nonsense that we are continually reborn until all the bad is dealt with.

Do I believe good things happen to you if you are kind, generous , positive etc yes of course but that ain’t karma that’s just being a good human

"

It didn't originate from Buddhism and Siddhartha Gautama found one out of many ways to enlightenment.

Nope bad things happen to too many good people

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"No it’s completely made up Buddhist nonsense that we are continually reborn until all the bad is dealt with.

It didn't originate from Buddhism and Siddhartha Gautama found one out of many ways to enlightenment. "

I’ve studied raja yoga and sazen.

Enlightenment isn’t karma either , it’s a very real state of understanding and non judging that people can achieve without meditation, religion or drugs

Tatooine

It didn't originate from Buddhism and Siddhartha Gautama found one out of many ways to enlightenment.

I’ve studied raja yoga and sazen.

Enlightenment isn’t karma either , it’s a very real state of understanding and non judging that people can achieve without meditation, religion or drugs "

Me too, brought up by Rajneesh parents, lived in Asia and studied my own path while living their. When did I suggest enlightenment was karma? I was simply corecting your statement of Budhist inventing rebirth.

Tatooine

And enlightenment is about fully connecting to the univesal consciousness and your true self which is part of that. The true understanding of the 114 charkras and how each one connects to the main seven, each seven is a means to achive enlightenment, this and the connection to the third eye and the ability to nuture you kunadlini energy.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

I wish I did but no, unless I've done something bad in a past life I haven't deserved half the shit life has dealt.

Mrs

By *idnight RamblerMan  over a year ago

Pershore

Science will say events are random. But that said, life does occasionally throw up some odd and unexplainable coincidences.

I once knew an Indian guru who was a staunch communist.

His karma ran over his dogma.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan  over a year ago

nearby

Brexit is a good example.

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

Luck is luck you either have it or you don't

» Add a new message to this topic