FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Messages taken wrong.

Messages taken wrong.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Sometimes I hate text talk, you send a message with a bit of humour or try and be nice, and get a totally off response. Or Is that just me.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman  over a year ago

Carlisle usually

Until you know how to read the way an individual writes their humour it's very easy to misread.

"Until you know how to read the way an individual writes their humour it's very easy to misread."

Definitely a lesson learnt.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Oh it happens to us all I think. Not even on here, just day to day life. I guess we all have a different sense of humour and some people just don't get it. And that’s fine. I always find my people eventually.

"Oh it happens to us all I think. Not even on here, just day to day life. I guess we all have a different sense of humour and some people just don't get it. And that’s fine. I always find my people eventually. "

^Dog Fucker Donna

"Oh it happens to us all I think. Not even on here, just day to day life. I guess we all have a different sense of humour and some people just don't get it. And that’s fine. I always find my people eventually.

^Dog Fucker Donna"

ONLY KIDDING

"Oh it happens to us all I think. Not even on here, just day to day life. I guess we all have a different sense of humour and some people just don't get it. And that’s fine. I always find my people eventually.

^Dog Fucker Donna

ONLY KIDDING "

My secrets are not safe with Greg Mitchell.

^Dog Fucker Donna

ONLY KIDDING

My secrets are not safe with Greg Mitchell."

No one fucks with a Mitchell.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Oh it happens to us all I think. Not even on here, just day to day life. I guess we all have a different sense of humour and some people just don't get it. And that’s fine. I always find my people eventually. "

I think I saw them on the shopping shitty earlier, dearest Lemon

By *ootnootboopCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire

Emotion and context is difficult to get across or indeed read through text. It's happened to all of us I'm sure.

All you can really do is become familiar over time with that person's little quirks in the way they converse and keep them in mind

I think I saw them on the shopping shitty earlier, dearest Lemon "

Salford shitty shopping precinct people are definitely my kind of people.

Can't win them all.

Shouldn't try to either.

If people don't get it early doors, they probably never will later.

I don't understand why people want mass appeal, it's my literal idea of hell.

By *ittlebirdWoman  over a year ago

The Big Smoke

^Dog Fucker Donna

ONLY KIDDING

No one fucks a Mitchell."

FIFY

Thank you for your responses.

I'm still relatively new to this wonderful world, so learning as I go.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Sometimes I hate text talk, you send a message with a bit of humour or try and be nice, and get a totally off response. Or Is that just me. "

Humour is subjective though.

Sticking 'joke' at then end of something doesn't make it funny.

Likewise putting 'lol' or 'hehe' just makes you look 12.

A

^Dog Fucker Donna

ONLY KIDDING

No one fucks a Mitchell.

FIFY "

Well that too. But that doesn't sound as menacing.

^Dog Fucker Donna

ONLY KIDDING

No one fucks a Mitchell.

FIFY

Well that too. But that doesn't sound as menacing."

I've got something that will fuck a Mitchell.

*grabs my jumbo jombo billy bingo bongo seven inch dildo*

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

It's not just you OP.

It happens.

It happens to me.

"Thank you for your responses.

I'm still relatively new to this wonderful world, so learning as I go. "

Don't worry about it honestly! You'll find your people soon enough.

^Dog Fucker Donna

ONLY KIDDING

No one fucks a Mitchell.

FIFY

*grabs my jumbo jombo billy bingo bongo seven inch dildo* "

Billy bingo bongo Mitchell

By *odgerMooreMan  over a year ago

Carlisle

It happens OP - im 100% fucking hilarious and my jokes wet more gussets than George Clooney but ive been blocked by some who think it’s a serious comment - I comfort myself with the fact that its them in the wrong and totally mental and take none of the blame on myself - and continue to reoffend FEMO!!! Fuck em move on!

"It happens OP - im 100% fucking hilarious and my jokes wet more gussets than George Clooney but ive been blocked by some who think it’s a serious comment - I comfort myself with the fact that its them in the wrong and totally mental and take none of the blame on myself - and continue to reoffend FEMO!!! Fuck em move on! "

Thank you, wise words. And if you can pass on your jokes that wet the gussets then I will grab my note book.

By *ittlebirdWoman  over a year ago

The Big Smoke

^Dog Fucker Donna

ONLY KIDDING

No one fucks a Mitchell.

FIFY

*grabs my jumbo jombo billy bingo bongo seven inch dildo* "

Carlisle

"It happens OP - im 100% fucking hilarious and my jokes wet more gussets than George Clooney but ive been blocked by some who think it’s a serious comment - I comfort myself with the fact that its them in the wrong and totally mental and take none of the blame on myself - and continue to reoffend FEMO!!! Fuck em move on!

Thank you, wise words. And if you can pass on your jokes that wet the gussets then I will grab my note book. "

Sorry not possible - im out spotting rainbows where the soggy gussets are right mow…

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"It happens OP - im 100% fucking hilarious and my jokes wet more gussets than George Clooney but ive been blocked by some who think it’s a serious comment - I comfort myself with the fact that its them in the wrong and totally mental and take none of the blame on myself - and continue to reoffend FEMO!!! Fuck em move on!

Thank you, wise words. And if you can pass on your jokes that wet the gussets then I will grab my note book.

Sorry not possible - im out spotting rainbows where the soggy gussets are right mow… "

It's an age thing.

Just aim your jokes at the older ladies and they'll literally piss themselves laughing.

A

By *elaninMaverickWoman  over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"Sometimes I hate text talk, you send a message with a bit of humour or try and be nice, and get a totally off response. Or Is that just me. "

Unfortunately, most indirect jokes go over my head and I have a morbid sense of humour. It comes with being neurodivergent and a trauma survivor.

"None of this makes any sense but at least I'm not dead....yet." could be my motto.

Carlisle

Sorry not possible - im out spotting rainbows where the soggy gussets are right mow…

It's an age thing.

Just aim your jokes at the older ladies and they'll literally piss themselves laughing.

A"

Also this!!

By *entlemanrogueMan  over a year ago

Motherwell

i now try to avoid any kind of kmjokes at the early messaging stage, some people have no sense of humour, some just dont get my sense of humour and it can get a bit awkward

By *avexxMan  over a year ago

cheshire

fuck me tell me about it..

Even when you know someone well they could still be having an off day... Tricky!

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

I have a friend on here. Her humour in messages is misunderstood.

Text talk is notoriously bad for being misconstrued I’ve come across this issue many times. Either the other person gets offended or I will then arguments ensue all over a simple text

By *t0600Man  over a year ago

elvedon

Yeah I agree . A real negative of messaging is that things get misinterpreted

I think that’s quite common with talking over text. It’s so difficult to judge and a lot of the time people take things depending on their mood at the time. Don’t take it to heart

By *avexxMan  over a year ago

cheshire

yes its so easy done,,

"Even when you know someone well they could still be having an off day... Tricky! "

Let's not even talk about the drop kicking in too.

Oof. That was a surprise.

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I’m quite a cheeky and sarcastic person - it does happen when people take things I say the wrong way.

By *hegirlwiththepeachtattooWoman  over a year ago

I’m autistic - welcome to my world!

I often get misinterpreted as being angry, when it’s my sense of humour. I once had an acquaintance at a club suggest I take time away from fab because it seems to stress me out so much… i was baffled, I’m having a great time

By *irtyKittenCouple  over a year ago

Southampton

It's easy to misinterprete messages as you can't see people espressions, so some take it wrong.

Just need to take it as bullet dodged if they get shirty so quickly what are they like in person.

» Add a new message to this topic