FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Crossing the (age) line

Crossing the (age) line

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rooperRed OP   Man  over a year ago

Littlehampton

So came on here for the first time since I turned 50, had look around at who had joined, been active, etc. Just a peep really. But one thing I noticed was that I'm now outside the age range for many people in their 30s and 40s. Guess 50 is the limit for some people.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

It’s 46 mate

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

maybe for some, but not for others.

different strokes for different folks Px

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

"maybe for some, but not for others.

different strokes for different folks Px "

Did someone say strokes...

Wait till you tick past 60 OP, those filters are brutal

Joking aside don't let it worry you. You can make connections in lots of different ways on here.

Did someone say strokes... "

Some chick with a nice rack did

By *avexxMan  over a year ago

cheshire

nah get over 50 your buzzing,,

Littlehampton

"Wait till you tick past 60 OP, those filters are brutal

Joking aside don't let it worry you. You can make connections in lots of different ways on here. "

Yeah, I'm not too worried, I'm not particularly active anyway. Not much point. But it was just something I noticed.

By *hav02Man  over a year ago

Glasgow/London

That feeling never goes away.

I often find I'm either too old or too young for a lot of lovely ladies filters

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Search for profiles looking for people over 50. If you deliberately look at profiles that exclude you, you'll feel ecxcluded.

When we were first here it seemed more like an older person's thing.

Now we're older it seems more like a younger person's thing.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"When we were first here it seemed more like an older person's thing.

Now we're older it seems more like a younger person's thing."

I think we all think everyone else is having all the fun

"When we were first here it seemed more like an older person's thing.

Now we're older it seems more like a younger person's thing.

I think we all think everyone else is having all the fun "

They are! I see them on the updates page.

50 is the new 40 so they tell me. You look great OP don’t let it bother you if certain people are ageist leave them to it. I’m actually 51 I’ve had no issues.

"50 is the new 40 so they tell me. You look great OP don’t let it bother you if certain people are ageist leave them to it. I’m actually 51 I’ve had no issues. "

50 is the new 40 in our case

By *rincipessaWoman  over a year ago

your wildest dreams,

Yeah plenty of us in that club. We can have our own party

By *ustamanMan  over a year ago

weymouth

"So came on here for the first time since I turned 50, had look around at who had joined, been active, etc. Just a peep really. But one thing I noticed was that I'm now outside the age range for many people in their 30s and 40s. Guess 50 is the limit for some people."

Try being over 60

"

Try being over 60 "

Working on it.

Littlehampton

My 40s were my best decade. Will be hard for the 50s to top it but if I'm still above ground in ten years we'll see.

I'm not worried about it personally. Was just funny. You always get the odd one anyway, today it was one, so ok, then another one, so coincidence maybe? Then a third one and I went "Hmmmm...". Oh well, their loss.

I am over the line too but it doesn’t bother me, it’s their choice and I respect that

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

It's funny.

All the people that were 10 years younger than me ten years ago are still ten years younger.

Those 3 years older are, yep, still 3 years older.

Almost as if we all age at the same rate!

So if everyone automatically adjusted their 'looking for' age and adjusted their filters by 1 year each and every year - we'd all be actively seeking the same people.

But most rarely change their preferences as they get older. They think that as they get older they'll still be attractive to the newer, younger folk and choose to still seek the same ages.

Eventually when the inbox quietens and fewer message come in they either adjust their preferences, or start going to clubs where nobody wears age badges.

Everyone gets older. Not everyone accepts it.

A

By *arkOblivionMan  over a year ago

glendora

Absolutely I’m 18 and I don’t care how old you are if you fit my interests and can have fun there shouldn’t be a problem there

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

[Removed by poster at 21/05/23 18:14:57]

Did someone say strokes... "

Get your mind out the gutter

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"My 40s were my best decade. Will be hard for the 50s to top it but if I'm still above ground in ten years we'll see.

I'm not worried about it personally. Was just funny. You always get the odd one anyway, today it was one, so ok, then another one, so coincidence maybe? Then a third one and I went "Hmmmm...". Oh well, their loss. "

Age doesn’t matter that much on here , you either get it or you don’t.

But yep, 40s do spoil you a little. I think for guys it’s the golden decade on fab.

What I’ve found since turning 50 is you get many more sugar babies messaging so I upped my age filter to 25 -40 as most are under 25.

I have experienced the opposite on here. I love getting older because it’s like last month I was too young for you. And now I’m mature enough to do the sex with you.

By *ersiantugMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

"So came on here for the first time since I turned 50, had look around at who had joined, been active, etc. Just a peep really. But one thing I noticed was that I'm now outside the age range for many people in their 30s and 40s. Guess 50 is the limit for some people.

"

-How do you know though? It's less than you might I expect I think. If it's a full-on filter then they clearly like just want young people. There's not a lot you can do about that.

I have a mate who is eternally in his 40's on Fabguys, and if he looked like it I wouldn't make a joke of it so much (to him not on Fab)!

I am very honest myself, but if he did just use the age that he felt (and honestly felt that he looked too in his case) I probably wouldn't think it was the end of the world personally.

I thought about it quite a bit when I turned 50 as I simply didn't look it, and although (in terms of Fabguys) I like older men, a lot of men put a line around this age too.

There are a huge amount of people on the Fabs though, and loads of women love older men. You don't look that old to me, so no harm at all in approaching people if they only use it as a reference point. You could be surprised how many people are flexible too. I've been with a dom who goes for 'twinks' (younger looking guys)! Don't worry about saying hello (or in being passed-by because that is just Fab I'm afraid!).

pt

"So came on here for the first time since I turned 50, had look around at who had joined, been active, etc. Just a peep really. But one thing I noticed was that I'm now outside the age range for many people in their 30s and 40s. Guess 50 is the limit for some people."

Yep. They seem to rise in 10.s or fives. But stop at 50. Discounting the 99 limits.

Our days are numbered op.

By *imply DeeWoman  over a year ago

Wherever

My age range is set quite low on here but only because I am looking to fulfill one particular fantasy (it’s not working so far so I might to change that anyway).

But when I go to the clubs I obviously never ask for age or the date of birth!

It’s all about the attraction and personality so I’m more than sure you will be okay OP

Littlehampton

"My age range is set quite low on here but only because I am looking to fulfill one particular fantasy (it’s not working so far so I might to change that anyway).

It’s all about the attraction and personality so I’m more than sure you will be okay OP "

Well, haven't had so much as a hello in two years on here so it's obviously not my age.

I'm really not that worried, this site is what it is.

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Just search for people who are looking to meet men your age.

By *ersiantugMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

"My age range is set quite low on here but only because I am looking to fulfill one particular fantasy (it’s not working so far so I might to change that anyway).

It’s all about the attraction and personality so I’m more than sure you will be okay OP

Well, haven't had so much as a hello in two years on here so it's obviously not my age.

I'm really not that worried, this site is what it is.

"

-Maybe work on getting the veri?

It can be via cam or even over a meet from the past. It's only to show you are real, and people can filter you out over there not being one (it doesn't seem fair but ppl do). I don't get many myself on here (it partly comes with the territory), but someone did point out to me that you do need at least one to get going - so I just asked someone I met via here. (And I was suddenly allowed to put up more pics too!) You don't need loads of them for sure, just one.

pt

By *LIVEANDKICKING100Man  over a year ago

DUBLIN

I have recently become involved with a lady from here who is 46 so don't think the age matters. its all about chemistry, sexual desire, availability, etc

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I'm more than happy to be outside a lot of people's age filters. Saves me having to explain to them why I've no interest in anyone under 40.

I was 52 when I joined and never had a conversation about my age and it has never been an issue.

Like a lot of things on here it often only becomes an issue for people who use it as a stick to beat others with when they won't meet them.

» Add a new message to this topic