FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Racism

Racism

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oofy321 OP   Man  over a year ago

moon base zero

Is there any on this site? If some say no Asians that's not racist? This site is mostly based on attraction to someone so its okay to not be attracted to someone of a different race? Its the same as someone who prefers a different age or body type?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ick_man_88Man  over a year ago

hartlepool

That's a delicate box you have opened there haha

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

I'm sure there will be loads just lining up to admit it on this thread, OP

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Unfortunately Just like all walks of life there will be,it tends to be subtle and to be fair the mods are pretty quick at getting rid of it when it's obvious.

I wouldn't class it as a preference but I guess everyone is entitled to an opinion.

But if that opinion is hate,racism and bigotry then that's an opinion I have no interest in reading or hearing.

But like it or not racism is something that's always going to be present.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Plenty of racism on here. I wouldn’t reduce the presence of racism to sexual attraction though

Plenty of the racists on here LOVE ‘BBC’

"I'm sure there will be loads just lining up to admit it on this thread, OP "

By *nkyCplCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

"I'm sure there will be loads just lining up to admit it on this thread, OP "

I’m not quite sure what the OP was hoping for tbh. People to stick their hands up, or others to cast their finger on who they perceive to be racist.

[Removed by poster at 18/05/23 12:18:54]

By *estarossa.Woman  over a year ago

Flagrante

Yes, there is racism on this site.

Next question.

"I'm sure there will be loads just lining up to admit it on this thread, OP

I’m not quite sure what the OP was hoping for tbh. People to stick their hands up, or others to cast their finger on who they perceive to be racist. "

I don’t mind going first if we’re pointing fingers

Northampton

I’m not quite sure what the OP was hoping for tbh. People to stick their hands up, or others to cast their finger on who they perceive to be racist.

I don’t mind going first if we’re pointing fingers "

Go for it so long as it’s the forum boundaries bud.

"

But like it or not racism is something that's always going to be present.

"

I for one LOVE that this is my reality and my child’s.

Expressing a preference is not racist. Making a derogatory or insulting comment based on a person’s race and/or ethnicity, is a racist comment.

Is it really that difficult?

Northampton

"Expressing a preference is not racist. Making a derogatory or insulting comment based on a person’s race and/or ethnicity, is a racist comment.

Is it really that difficult?"

Boom.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

I’m not quite sure what the OP was hoping for tbh. People to stick their hands up, or others to cast their finger on who they perceive to be racist. "

I'm sure the OP knew exactly what he was doing

Northampton

I'm sure the OP knew exactly what he was doing "

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

moon base zero

The point im obviously badly making is..if a person isn't physically attracted to someone of a different colour doesn't make them racist

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Some people just want to watch the world burn. "

Yep ...Throw a hand grenade and run

moon base zero

I'm sure the OP knew exactly what he was doing "

I never know what im doing x

Northampton

I never know what im doing x"

"Expressing a preference is not racist. Making a derogatory or insulting comment based on a person’s race and/or ethnicity, is a racist comment.

Is it really that difficult?"

Racism is way more complex than that. Lots of racism is played out in the field of subtlety, assumptions and implications. Also reproducing old stereotypes and myths etc.

Northampton

"The point im obviously badly making is..if a person isn't physically attracted to someone of a different colour doesn't make them racist "

No, it doesn’t.

"The point im obviously badly making is..if a person isn't physically attracted to someone of a different colour doesn't make them racist "

Thank you for expressing this statement?

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Perhaps they should try it first before dismissing

I’m not going to risk a discussion about sexual racism because ultimately what’s the point in that? Nobody wants to sleep with people that don’t like me or that only like me because of some centuries old racist tropes. And getting someone to acknowledge that historical racism affects us today isn’t a victory. Actually it’s just quite depressing.

Northampton

"I’m not going to risk a discussion about sexual racism because ultimately what’s the point in that? Nobody wants to sleep with people that don’t like me or that only like me because of some centuries old racist tropes. And getting someone to acknowledge that historical racism affects us today isn’t a victory. Actually it’s just quite depressing. "

Pardon the ignorance, but what’s the difference between sexual racism and just racism? Are they the same?

Genuine question as not heard the term before and apologies if triggering, I know it’s a sensitive topic so no offence meant.

"I’m not going to risk a discussion about sexual racism because ultimately what’s the point in that? Nobody wants to sleep with people that don’t like me or that only like me because of some centuries old racist tropes. And getting someone to acknowledge that historical racism affects us today isn’t a victory. Actually it’s just quite depressing.

Pardon the ignorance, but what’s the difference between sexual racism and just racism? Are they the same?

Genuine question as not heard the term before and apologies if triggering, I know it’s a sensitive topic so no offence meant. "

Don’t be sorry lol

I understand it to just be a specific thing relating to racism. Like it’s under the umbrella of racism. Like misogynoir is under the umbrella of racism but it’s about racism specifically towards Black women.

Sexual racism as I understand it is like about the way things like racism play into things like desirability and undesirability. - which races are more attractive than others because of things like stereotypes, historical tropes etc. so Black men and the racist stereotypes that might make us more attractive. East Asian women and the racist stereotypes that make them perceived as more desirable. East Asian men and the stereotypes and tropes that make them seem as less desirable. Etc.

I was reading about it a while back and think there’s probably dating app data that reaffirms Lots of this stuff. Particularly about East Asian men and women and the differences in their desirability.

Northampton

"I’m not going to risk a discussion about sexual racism because ultimately what’s the point in that? Nobody wants to sleep with people that don’t like me or that only like me because of some centuries old racist tropes. And getting someone to acknowledge that historical racism affects us today isn’t a victory. Actually it’s just quite depressing.

Genuine question as not heard the term before and apologies if triggering, I know it’s a sensitive topic so no offence meant.

Don’t be sorry lol

I understand it to just be a specific thing relating to racism. Like it’s under the umbrella of racism. Like misogynoir is under the umbrella of racism but it’s about racism specifically towards Black women.

Sexual racism as I understand it is like about the way things like racism play into things like desirability and undesirability. - which races are more attractive than others because of things like stereotypes, historical tropes etc. so Black men and the racist stereotypes that might make us more attractive. East Asian women and the racist stereotypes that make them perceived as more desirable. East Asian men and the stereotypes and tropes that make them seem as less desirable. Etc.

I was reading about it a while back and think there’s probably dating app data that reaffirms Lots of this stuff. Particularly about East Asian men and women and the differences in their desirability. "

Thanks for taking the time to explain. Also never knew about “misogynoir”, every days a school day.

Don’t be sorry lol

I was reading about it a while back and think there’s probably dating app data that reaffirms Lots of this stuff. Particularly about East Asian men and women and the differences in their desirability.

Thanks for taking the time to explain. Also never knew about “misogynoir”, every days a school day. "

It’s because you’re not on the social media

By *inda May SimmonsTV/TS  over a year ago

hexham

Oh crumbs !

Northampton

"Thanks for taking the time to explain. Also never knew about “misogynoir”, every days a school day.

It’s because you’re not on the social media "

I make the odd appearance now to appease Roxy.

Genuine thanks though mate.

"Is there any on this site? If some say no Asians that's not racist? This site is mostly based on attraction to someone so its okay to not be attracted to someone of a different race? Its the same as someone who prefers a different age or body type?"

I've said it before and I'll say it again. "Asian" is not a race, it refers to a continent inhabited by people of all races.

Bess x

Northampton

"Is there any on this site? If some say no Asians that's not racist? This site is mostly based on attraction to someone so its okay to not be attracted to someone of a different race? Its the same as someone who prefers a different age or body type?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. "Asian" is not a race, it refers to a continent inhabited by people of all races.

Bess x"

We specify no Asian guys (gals fine) and we’re most definitely not racist, so defend ourselves when the accusations get chucked around.

By *ts the taking part thatMan  over a year ago

southampton

"Yes, there is racism on this site.

Next question."

You've answered a question that wasn't asked. Why would you do that?

Northampton

Next question.

You've answered a question that wasn't asked. Why would you do that?"

It was asked. Why would you do that?

"Is there any on this site? If some say no Asians that's not racist? This site is mostly based on attraction to someone so its okay to not be attracted to someone of a different race? Its the same as someone who prefers a different age or body type?

Bess x"

How would you describe a [possibly] Asian person?

southampton

Next question.

It was asked. Why would you do that?"

It was a bigger question, there was plenty are the first 4 or 5 words.

Northampton

Next question.

It was a bigger question, there was plenty are the first 4 or 5 words. "

Was the question asked? A simple yes, or no please.

southampton

Next question.

Was the question asked? A simple yes, or no please."

Are you an MP?

Northampton

Next question.

Are you an MP?"

Yes, or not. It’s not that difficult.

Bess x

"

Do you mean a physical description? That would depend on the individual's appearance. Otherwise, I would describe an Asian as someone who was born in Asia. Like me

Bess x

Bess x

Do you mean a physical description? That would depend on the individual's appearance. Otherwise, I would describe an Asian as someone who was born in Asia. Like me

Bess x"

I see.

I have family born in South Korea. They wouldn't describe themselves as Korean. I guess perhaps some would? Not sure it's useful in the context of the discussion though.

This same topic gets brought up weekly and the same answers get thrown around every single time. People who haven’t ever experienced racism telling others who have, what is and isn’t racist. Surely the OP could just search the forums for the last 35 times this has been brought up and get the answer from there.

Northampton

"This same topic gets brought up weekly and the same answers get thrown around every single time. People who haven’t ever experienced racism telling others who have, what is and isn’t racist. Surely the OP could just search the forums for the last 35 times this has been brought up and get the answer from there."

It’s a fair topic and not seen anything overly negative from either side…yet.

By it's very definition, racism is the act of thinking less favourably about someone based solely on their race.

Derby

Bess x

Bess x"

Not anyone of Asian descent? I would typically call myself British-Asian or British-Indian but I'm pretty sure I still fall under the "No Asians" banner

"This same topic gets brought up weekly and the same answers get thrown around every single time. People who haven’t ever experienced racism telling others who have, what is and isn’t racist. Surely the OP could just search the forums for the last 35 times this has been brought up and get the answer from there.

It’s a fair topic and not seen anything overly negative from either side…yet. "

I didn’t actually read the thread. I was talking about the previous threads on the same topic that would be pretty easy to find using the search feature.

Northampton

"This same topic gets brought up weekly and the same answers get thrown around every single time. People who haven’t ever experienced racism telling others who have, what is and isn’t racist. Surely the OP could just search the forums for the last 35 times this has been brought up and get the answer from there.

It’s a fair topic and not seen anything overly negative from either side…yet.

I didn’t actually read the thread. I was talking about the previous threads on the same topic that would be pretty easy to find using the search feature."

I haven’t seen this exact question as a topic in fairness. Has been brought up in discussions on other topics though, agreed.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

There are racists here yes just like everywhere in life unfortunately! X

Bess x

Bess x

Not anyone of Asian descent? I would typically call myself British-Asian or British-Indian but I'm pretty sure I still fall under the "No Asians" banner"

To be blunt, I would guess that you fall under more of the "no Asian men" category. As a straight guy you probably mostly look at female or couple profiles. We look at single guy profiles and I've never seen that phrase, or any like it, on those profiles. This suggest to me that racism isn't the main reason some people don't want to meet Asian males, but something else.

Bess x

Bess x

Bess x

Not anyone of Asian descent? I would typically call myself British-Asian or British-Indian but I'm pretty sure I still fall under the "No Asians" banner

To be blunt, I would guess that you fall under more of the "no Asian men" category. As a straight guy you probably mostly look at female or couple profiles. We look at single guy profiles and I've never seen that phrase, or any like it, on those profiles. This suggest to me that racism isn't the main reason some people don't want to meet Asian males, but something else.

Bess x"

I think most people do not want to meet Asian men for racist reasons. Not all of course but most.

Just like the reason most people want to only meet ‘BBC’.

I’ve actually met someone who have then gone on to tell me (in person) that they don’t meet Asian men and about their reasoning for not. It was racism. And we didn’t meet again.

Bess x

Bess x

Bess x"

Travelling distance?

By *anes HubbyCouple  over a year ago

Babbacombe Torquay

Bess x

Bess x

Bess x"

So what do you think the "main" reason is then?

Derby

Bess x

Bess x

Bess x"

Interesting, what would you say that "main" reason is? Because I've heard a lot of stereotypes towards Asian men and it's hard not to think of that when I read those words on a profile.

Northampton

Bess x

Bess x

Bess x

So what do you think the "main" reason is then?"

We have a VERY valid reason that’s most certainly not racist. Not about to share it on here and people can rightly, or wrongly make their own assumptions, couldn’t give a tuppeny fuck, but will defend ourselves.

By *astandFeistyCouple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

I've spoken on this subject here many times.

Does anyone ever think that some won't meet others because of cultural differences rather than skin colour?

Derby

"I've spoken on this subject here many times.

Does anyone ever think that some won't meet others because of cultural differences rather than skin colour?"

That's a good point, we do the sex very differently in our culture

Bournemouth

[Removed by poster at 18/05/23 14:17:03]

Northampton

Does anyone ever think that some won't meet others because of cultural differences rather than skin colour?

Nothing to do with sex. Nice attempt at some really shit sarcasm."

I actually thought the sarcasm was pretty dry and funny to be fair.

Bournemouth

That's a good point, we do the sex very differently in our culture"

I wasn't talking about sex

Northampton

"[Removed by poster at 18/05/23 14:17:03]"

Ha caught ya!!

Bournemouth

[Removed by poster at 18/05/23 14:18:14]

"We have a VERY valid reason that’s most certainly not racist. Not about to share it on here and people can rightly, or wrongly make their own assumptions, couldn’t give a tuppeny fuck, but will defend ourselves."

You don't need to defend yourself. You don't need to say anything about it at all and I think that's part of why this subject pops up so much. People make a decision to explicitly state they don't want to hear from a certain sort of person when they could as easily just ignore them along with everyone else they have no interest in, but by stating it, it comes across as a statement.

That's a good point, we do the sex very differently in our culture"

Same in ours too!

Does anyone ever think that some won't meet others because of cultural differences rather than skin colour?"

Like I won't meet Greeks cos I don't like it up the bum?

Babbacombe Torquay

Bess x

Bess x

Bess x

We have a VERY valid reason that’s most certainly not racist. Not about to share it on here and people can rightly, or wrongly make their own assumptions, couldn’t give a tuppeny fuck, but will defend ourselves."

Was the question directed to you?

I wasn't talking about sex"

Ohhhhhh. Like it’s more about the idea that people that look like they’re from a certain place all act a certain way and treat people a certain way that isn’t in line with your cultural values? Western ones? Or British ones?

Northampton

Bess x

Bess x

Bess x

We have a VERY valid reason that’s most certainly not racist. Not about to share it on here and people can rightly, or wrongly make their own assumptions, couldn’t give a tuppeny fuck, but will defend ourselves.

"

It’s part of the discussion so I answered.

Ohhhhhh. Like it’s more about the idea that people that look like they’re from a certain place all act a certain way and treat people a certain way that isn’t in line with your cultural values? Western ones? Or British ones? "

Or like the foods we eat? Music we listen to? Way we dress around one another? Language we use amongst one another? Those kinds of cultural difference?

By *obilebottomMan  over a year ago

All over

Like I won't meet Greeks cos I don't like it up the bum?"

I have been many times to Greece. Nobody tried to bum me for sure

Bournemouth

You don't think cultural differences exist in the world?

Bess x

Bess x

Bess x

I think most people do not want to meet Asian men for racist reasons. Not all of course but most.

Just like the reason most people want to only meet ‘BBC’. "

As I've said before, "Asian" is not a race. Which race or ethnic group of people who live or originate from Asia are you referring to?

Bess x

Northampton

Ohhhhhh. Like it’s more about the idea that people that look like they’re from a certain place all act a certain way and treat people a certain way that isn’t in line with your cultural values? Western ones? Or British ones?

Or like the foods we eat? Music we listen to? Way we dress around one another? Language we use amongst one another? Those kinds of cultural difference? "

I’ve seen your music preferences, defo a hard limit my friend!

Northampton

"As I've said before, "Asian" is not a race. Which race or ethnic group of people who live or originate from Asia are you referring to?

Bess x

"

Surely if people answer that it’s “more” racist? Is why we haven’t specified tbh.

"You don't think cultural differences exist in the world?"

They do. For example my family are from Jamaica but I was born in Britain, had a British education, gone to a British uni, was taught in school about ‘British cultural values’ etc. So I’m culturally different to the family members I have that live in Jamaica or were raised in Jamaica. Though there’s similarity in many aspects- food, music, language perhaps lots of other things make us culturally different. That’s what you mean?

I have been many times to Greece. Nobody tried to bum me for sure "

That's a little disappointing.

What about Mexico? Has anyone been bummed in Mexico? Did they do it with a big hat?

Or like the foods we eat? Music we listen to? Way we dress around one another? Language we use amongst one another? Those kinds of cultural difference?

I’ve seen your music preferences, defo a hard limit my friend! "

If this is about Talking the Hardest then I’m glad it worked as a filter

Northampton

What about Mexico? Has anyone been bummed in Mexico? Did they do it with a big hat?

"

Whist being serenaded by a mariachi band!?! That’s one for the bucket list!

Whist being serenaded by a mariachi band!?! That’s one for the bucket list! "

Off to have a little fiddle...

Bess x

Bess x

Bess x

As I've said before, "Asian" is not a race. Which race or ethnic group of people who live or originate from Asia are you referring to?

Bess x

"

Sorry I meant to put ‘Asian’ in quotes that’s my mistake. But also South and East Asian peoples have been racialised. So when the people on this site state that they’re referring to racialised groups of people. Just like say, Jews are not a race, they’re a racialised group. The language surrounding race is all like this because race does not exist. It’s a construction

All over

"

No but gave that pinata a right good seeing to

Bournemouth

"You don't think cultural differences exist in the world?

They do. For example my family are from Jamaica but I was born in Britain, had a British education, gone to a British uni, was taught in school about ‘British cultural values’ etc. So I’m culturally different to the family members I have that live in Jamaica or were raised in Jamaica. Though there’s similarity in many aspects- food, music, language perhaps lots of other things make us culturally different. That’s what you mean?"

I'm not quite sure of your question.

Different cultures exist and within different cultures, certain people are treated in certain ways. If that doesn't match someone's values then they would be within their right not to meet those people.

Is that racism?

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

"Is there any on this site? If some say no Asians that's not racist? This site is mostly based on attraction to someone so it’s okay to not be attracted to someone of a different race? It’s the same as someone who prefers a different age or body type?"
. On this site I have only received a form of racism just once in a personal message. I was asked if I was Greek I said I was the next message then said I don’t like bubbles which whilst not as offensive as the N word or P word can upset us Greeks ( cockney slang bubble & squeak = Greek ) I went to reply that’s your choice but then all of a sudden they deleted their account.

They do. For example my family are from Jamaica but I was born in Britain, had a British education, gone to a British uni, was taught in school about ‘British cultural values’ etc. So I’m culturally different to the family members I have that live in Jamaica or were raised in Jamaica. Though there’s similarity in many aspects- food, music, language perhaps lots of other things make us culturally different. That’s what you mean?

Different cultures exist and within different cultures, certain people are treated in certain ways. If that doesn't match someone's values then they would be within their right not to meet those people.

Is that racism?"

Firstly, you know not of how people treat another based on the racial group they belong to. You know not of where they’re even ‘from’ just from their racial group.

Then there’s the fact that it’s a stereotype and is not applicable to all belonging to that racial group.

Also the fact that the ‘No Asians’ as Joseph Beans has pointed out, excludes British Asians often too. Etc etc.

Bess x

Bess x

Bess x

Bess x

Sorry I meant to put ‘Asian’ in quotes that’s my mistake. But also South and East Asian peoples have been racialised. So when the people on this site state that they’re referring to racialised groups of people. Just like say, Jews are not a race, they’re a racialised group. The language surrounding race is all like this because race does not exist. It’s a construction "

Islam has been described as a race for a while by many. There's even a word "Islamophobia" to describe those who seemingly dislike them due to their religion and/or cultural roots. Is Judeophobia any different? If so, why - in your opinion, of course.

Bess x

By *uzie69xTV/TS  over a year ago

Maidstone

"I’ve actually met someone who have then gone on to tell me (in person) that they don’t meet Asian men and about their reasoning for not. It was racism. And we didn’t meet again. "

Haha like the time I met a White Caucasian couple, who said they don't meet Black and Asian people because...

Well... they just don't like them..."they are just different aren't they, with diseases and things..."

Then jumped and covered their tracks by saying they see me as like themselves and I'm not like them dark folks...

WfF?

Bournemouth

Is that racism?

Firstly, you know not of how people treat another based on the racial group they belong to. You know not of where they’re even ‘from’ just from their racial group.

Then there’s the fact that it’s a stereotype and is not applicable to all belonging to that racial group.

Also the fact that the ‘No Asians’ as Joseph Beans has pointed out, excludes British Asians often too. Etc etc. "

I'll fuck off now then. Obviously me widening the debate to 'cultural' as well as 'racial' isn't wanted. Well at least I assume it isn't seeing as you chose not to answer.

I don't remember saying anything about 'racial groups'

Northampton

"Also the fact that the ‘No Asians’ as Joseph Beans has pointed out, excludes British Asians often too. Etc etc. "

Is that inherently racist though?

If someone doesn't want to meet someone because of race it is only racist if they do it for racist reasons.

By *orthyorkypairCouple  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

Popcorn time I think

Northampton

"Popcorn time I think "

Mixed please

By *onundrumMan  over a year ago

penrhyn bay

Ots not racist ffs ots a preference.BBC at every black man is though

All over

"Is there any on this site? If some say no Asians that's not racist? This site is mostly based on attraction to someone so it’s okay to not be attracted to someone of a different race? It’s the same as someone who prefers a different age or body type?. On this site I have only received a form of racism just once in a personal message. I was asked if I was Greek I said I was the next message then said I don’t like bubbles which whilst not as offensive as the N word or P word can upset us Greeks ( cockney slang bubble & squeak = Greek ) I went to reply that’s your choice but then all of a sudden they deleted their account."

Glad you explained the bubble thing, would never have known as not heard. Still, as many said I think those who discriminate usually base it on colour - perhaps I am wrong- and I would not associate Greeks with nothing else than 'White'. I hate these discussions. Why would anyone discriminate against a particular person because of race or colour is beyond me. Being attracted to someone or not surely is about that specific person. What do I know though about this complex world we are living in

By *eard and TattsCouple  over a year ago

Cwmbran

Careful, mustn't ever ever have am opinion on here because you're labelled....

Fat shamer

Racist

Transpbobic

Homophobic

Fuck off

Bournemouth

"Careful, mustn't ever ever have am opinion on here because you're labelled....

Fat shamer

Racist

Transpbobic

Homophobic

Fuck off "

Amen. I genuinely feel as a straight, British, white male I'm not entitled to an opinion on anything at times.

I wonder why? Is it because I'm 'privileged'?

North Yorkshire

"Popcorn time I think

Mixed please "

grab a chair we can munch together and observe!

Is that racism?"

If you are assuming that all people of a particular race follow a particular culture then I guess its racist

Fat shamer

Racist

Transpbobic

Homophobic

Fuck off "

Surely that would depend on the opinion.

Northampton

Fat shamer

Racist

Transpbobic

Homophobic

Fuck off "

HOUSE!!

I’ve had them all from here!

Bournemouth

Is that racism?

If you are assuming that all people of a particular race follow a particular culture then I guess its racist "

I didn't assume anything nor mention race.

It was a question posed about cultural differences

By *weetiepie99Woman  over a year ago

cardiff

"Popcorn time I think

Mixed please

"

Why do people always mention 'popcorn' or 'pulling up a chair' when they have nothing useful to contribute

Derby

Is that racism?

Also the fact that the ‘No Asians’ as Joseph Beans has pointed out, excludes British Asians often too. Etc etc. "

That's exactly my point. Just because ou belong to a certain racial group doesn't mean you adopt their cultural belief automatically. Hell, I get called a bounty by my family all the time because they see me as more English than Indian. When others see just the skin colour then culture is a non-starter.

Derby

Fat shamer

Racist

Transpbobic

Homophobic

Fuck off "

Who's being labelled a Fuck off?

Fat shamer

Racist

Transpbobic

Homophobic

Fuck off

Amen. I genuinely feel as a straight, British, white male I'm not entitled to an opinion on anything at times.

I wonder why? Is it because I'm 'privileged'?"

I feel for straight white men with all the struggles they’ve faced. I don’t know how they do it.

Cwmbran

Fat shamer

Racist

Transpbobic

Homophobic

Fuck off

I wonder why? Is it because I'm 'privileged'?"

Exactly, I work my arse off to spend my savings on new tyres and be cleaned out. Laughable

By *hirdTimesACharmCouple  over a year ago

northamptonshire

Find it hilarious that not being attracted to a certain trace is classed as racism. Are we supposed to forego our preferences and attractions, or something?!

Derby

Fat shamer

Racist

Transpbobic

Homophobic

Fuck off

I feel for straight white men with all the struggles they’ve faced. I don’t know how they do it."

I was just about to make a similar comment

Cwmbran

Fat shamer

Racist

Transpbobic

Homophobic

Fuck off

Who's being labelled a Fuck off? "

That's my preference.... Or at least what I'm told daily

North Yorkshire

"Popcorn time I think

Mixed please

Why do people always mention 'popcorn' or 'pulling up a chair' when they have nothing useful to contribute"

Because most of us are a tad fed up with this type of thread that inevitably ends up in a slanging match from both sides!

Derby

"Find it hilarious that not being attracted to a certain trace is classed as racism. Are we supposed to forego our preferences and attractions, or something?!"

You can find an entire race unattractive?

Fat shamer

Racist

Transpbobic

Homophobic

Fuck off

I feel for straight white men with all the struggles they’ve faced. I don’t know how they do it.

I was just about to make a similar comment "

"Popcorn time I think

Mixed please

"

Extra Butter please

Derby

"Popcorn time I think

Mixed please

Why do people always mention 'popcorn' or 'pulling up a chair' when they have nothing useful to contribute

Because most of us are a tad fed up with this type of thread that inevitably ends up in a slanging match from both sides! "

Or it's an opportunity for discussion and an insight into different perspectives that can challenge opinion. If you don't like it then... What was BeardandTats' last label?

Is that racism?

If you are assuming that all people of a particular race follow a particular culture then I guess its racist

I didn't assume anything nor mention race.

It was a question posed about cultural differences "

How do you determine whether someone has cultural differences?

Northampton

"Popcorn time I think

Mixed please

Why do people always mention 'popcorn' or 'pulling up a chair' when they have nothing useful to contribute"

Because popcorn is nice and chairs are comfy.

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

"Is there any on this site? If some say no Asians that's not racist? This site is mostly based on attraction to someone so it’s okay to not be attracted to someone of a different race? It’s the same as someone who prefers a different age or body type?. On this site I have only received a form of racism just once in a personal message. I was asked if I was Greek I said I was the next message then said I don’t like bubbles which whilst not as offensive as the N word or P word can upset us Greeks ( cockney slang bubble & squeak = Greek ) I went to reply that’s your choice but then all of a sudden they deleted their account.

Glad you explained the bubble thing, would never have known as not heard. Still, as many said I think those who discriminate usually base it on colour - perhaps I am wrong- and I would not associate Greeks with nothing else than 'White'. I hate these discussions. Why would anyone discriminate against a particular person because of race or colour is beyond me. Being attracted to someone or not surely is about that specific person. What do I know though about this complex world we are living in "

I felt that if I did not explain the bubble thing no one would understand apart from maybe some of the Londoners.Yes sadly most racism does seem to be about black or white

cardiff

"Popcorn time I think

Mixed please

Because most of us are a tad fed up with this type of thread that inevitably ends up in a slanging match from both sides! "

Well ignore the thread then. You don't have to read it.

Cwmbran

As a straight white male I have instant queue jump tickets to any operation, new houses promotions, you name it. All free

Northampton

"Popcorn time I think

Mixed please

Because most of us are a tad fed up with this type of thread that inevitably ends up in a slanging match from both sides!

Well ignore the thread then. You don't have to read it."

You can do the same…

Cwmbran

I'm actually bi

By *uke OzadeMan  over a year ago

Ho Chi Minge City

"Find it hilarious that not being attracted to a certain trace is classed as racism. Are we supposed to forego our preferences and attractions, or something?!"

So we’re different colours and we’re different creeds, and different people have different needs….

Depeche Mode summed it up rather nicely for fab

Cwmbran

"Popcorn time I think

Mixed please

Well ignore the thread then. You don't have to read it."

I love these types of threads. I can have my opinion and there isn't a damn thing anyone can do about it

Earthling privileges

cardiff

"Popcorn time I think

Mixed please

You can do the same…"

I'm finding it quite interesting so..

By *hirdTimesACharmCouple  over a year ago

northamptonshire

"Find it hilarious that not being attracted to a certain trace is classed as racism. Are we supposed to forego our preferences and attractions, or something?!

You can find an entire race unattractive?"

Yes

Bournemouth

Fat shamer

Racist

Transpbobic

Homophobic

Fuck off

I was just about to make a similar comment "

Neither of you have any idea what particular struggles any individual person has faced.

That's the problem with society today, certain people will always believe they've 'had it worse' than others based on race, gender or sexuality.

Northampton

"Popcorn time I think

Mixed please

You can do the same…

I'm finding it quite interesting so.."

So do the others pulling up a chair soooooo…

Cwmbran

Fat shamer

Racist

Transpbobic

Homophobic

Fuck off

Neither of you have any idea what particular struggles any individual person has faced.

That's the problem with society today, certain people will always believe they've 'had it worse' than others based on race, gender or sexuality."

Well said

By *4bimMan  over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

Stop talking about it.

Instead of looking at colour, religion, how we identify etc.

Let's just call each other by our names.

Northampton

"Neither of you have any idea what particular struggles any individual person has faced."

All of this!

"Stop talking about it.

Let's just call each other by our names. "

Nice to meet you.

I'm Mr White.

Cwmbran

"Find it hilarious that not being attracted to a certain trace is classed as racism. Are we supposed to forego our preferences and attractions, or something?!

Yes "

Easily

cardiff

"Popcorn time I think

Mixed please

You can do the same…

So do the others pulling up a chair soooooo…"

Always one smart arse in the class

Northampton

"Popcorn time I think

Mixed please

You can do the same…

Always one smart arse in the class "

That’ll be moi.

All over

Is that racism?

Also the fact that the ‘No Asians’ as Joseph Beans has pointed out, excludes British Asians often too. Etc etc.

That's exactly my point. Just because ou belong to a certain racial group doesn't mean you adopt their cultural belief automatically. Hell, I get called a bounty by my family all the time because they see me as more English than Indian. When others see just the skin colour then culture is a non-starter."

May I say, I have seen you chatting here, seeing your profile pic, and the rest just now as I looked, never realised you were from Indian background. And why should I have or indeed matter to me. Some people are racists, some just not good at embracing something different, others have no idea how to express a preference and talk about a race rather than perhaps features who possibly they wrongly associate with a whole race and they don't find attractive orhave heard about certain cultural things that prevent them from understanding they don't apply to everyone. First ever time I posted on a thread like this and hope I don't regret it but for me it is and will always be about the person no matter what their background. Love and peace to all as Miss World said

cardiff

"Popcorn time I think

Mixed please

You can do the same…

That’ll be moi. "

I would have never guessed

Derby

Yes "

And that's due to?

Northampton

"Popcorn time I think

Mixed please

You can do the same…

That’ll be moi.

I would have never guessed"

Like looking in a mirror?

"Stop talking about it.

What a beautiful idea. Unfortunately it's never going to happen

cardiff

"Popcorn time I think

Mixed please

You can do the same…

That’ll be moi.

I would have never guessed

Like looking in a mirror? "

Not really no

Northampton

"Like looking in a mirror?

Not really no "

To be fair I’d be worried if you said yes. Would have to have a fucking epic beard!

Derby

Fat shamer

Racist

Transpbobic

Homophobic

Fuck off

That's the problem with society today, certain people will always believe they've 'had it worse' than others based on race, gender or sexuality."

In the contact of this thread, have you ever faced abuse for the colour of your skin or where you're from?

cardiff

Not really no

To be fair I’d be worried if you said yes. Would have to have a fucking epic beard!"

That actually did make me laugh, always a little light at the end of a dark tunnel

Bournemouth

Fat shamer

Racist

Transpbobic

Homophobic

Fuck off

That's the problem with society today, certain people will always believe they've 'had it worse' than others based on race, gender or sexuality.

In the contact of this thread, have you ever faced abuse for the colour of your skin or where you're from?"

I have faced abuse for my accent, so, where I'm from? Yes.

Northampton

Not really no

To be fair I’d be worried if you said yes. Would have to have a fucking epic beard!

That actually did make me laugh, always a little light at the end of a dark tunnel"

There we go, common ground. Have an awesome day matey.

Derby

Is that racism?

That's exactly my point. Just because ou belong to a certain racial group doesn't mean you adopt their cultural belief automatically. Hell, I get called a bounty by my family all the time because they see me as more English than Indian. When others see just the skin colour then culture is a non-starter.

May I say, I have seen you chatting here, seeing your profile pic, and the rest just now as I looked, never realised you were from Indian background. And why should I have or indeed matter to me. Some people are racists, some just not good at embracing something different, others have no idea how to express a preference and talk about a race rather than perhaps features who possibly they wrongly associate with a whole race and they don't find attractive orhave heard about certain cultural things that prevent them from understanding they don't apply to everyone. First ever time I posted on a thread like this and hope I don't regret it but for me it is and will always be about the person no matter what their background. Love and peace to all as Miss World said "

I'm quite light skinned so have been mistaken for being Mediterranean before but it would be nice if people were only judged by what they say on an individual basis but it'll never happen

cardiff

Not really no

That actually did make me laugh, always a little light at the end of a dark tunnel

There we go, common ground. Have an awesome day matey. "

Thanks matey

North Yorkshire

Not really no

That actually did make me laugh, always a little light at the end of a dark tunnel"

Can we say Dark tunnel or will we be called tunnel racist!!!!!

Northampton

"I have faced abuse for my accent, so, where I'm from? Yes."

If it’s Brum, or scouse then deserved!

((Semi)Joking before anyone kicks up a fuss).

All over

Is that racism?

May I say, I have seen you chatting here, seeing your profile pic, and the rest just now as I looked, never realised you were from Indian background. And why should I have or indeed matter to me. Some people are racists, some just not good at embracing something different, others have no idea how to express a preference and talk about a race rather than perhaps features who possibly they wrongly associate with a whole race and they don't find attractive orhave heard about certain cultural things that prevent them from understanding they don't apply to everyone. First ever time I posted on a thread like this and hope I don't regret it but for me it is and will always be about the person no matter what their background. Love and peace to all as Miss World said

I'm quite light skinned so have been mistaken for being Mediterranean before but it would be nice if people were only judged by what they say on an individual basis but it'll never happen"

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

Next question.

Are you an MP?"

Somebody trying to avoid answering a yes or no question by accusing the questioner of being an MP?

My irony-o-meter just exploded

Bournemouth

"I have faced abuse for my accent, so, where I'm from? Yes.

If it’s Brum, or scouse then deserved!

((Semi)Joking before anyone kicks up a fuss). "

It's used to sound, I'm assuming, a bit like yours

Fat shamer

Racist

Transpbobic

Homophobic

Fuck off

I have never had it bad. I have actually had quite a good life but I have witnessed racism first hand. Can you say the same?

Northampton

Next question.

Are you an MP?

Somebody trying to avoid answering a yes or no question by accusing the questioner of being an MP?

My irony-o-meter just exploded"

Was funny and also noted he didn’t respond having been caught out.

Northampton

Fat shamer

Racist

Transpbobic

Homophobic

Fuck off

I have never had it bad. I have actually had quite a good life but I have witnessed racism first hand. Can you say the same?"

Yes.

Bournemouth

Fat shamer

Racist

Transpbobic

Homophobic

Fuck off

I have never had it bad. I have actually had quite a good life but I have witnessed racism first hand. Can you say the same?"

Oh so you're just white-knighting?

Have I witnessed racism? I'd hazard a guess that most people have.

cardiff

Not really no

Can we say Dark tunnel or will we be called tunnel racist!!!!! "

Now thats just being facetious

North Yorkshire

Not really no

Now thats just being facetious"

No it was humour! something sadly lacking at times!!!

Fat shamer

Racist

Transpbobic

Homophobic

Fuck off

I have never had it bad. I have actually had quite a good life but I have witnessed racism first hand. Can you say the same?

Have I witnessed racism? I'd hazard a guess that most people have."

I’m mixed race. I’ve had little bits of racism but nothing extreme. I’ve also seen peoples attitudes completely change towards me when they realise, in their words that I’m “not like them (Asians)”.

Northampton

Not really no

No it was humour! something sadly lacking at times!!! "

I chuckled.

Not really no

No it was humour! something sadly lacking at times!!! "

There's been plenty of humour most the way through.

Popcorn comments just aren't that funny.

Dark tunnel jokes aren't especially funny either.

Northampton

Not really no

Dark tunnel jokes aren't especially funny either."

I must have a low bar I guess.

By *aucasian GhandiMan  over a year ago

from my dad's left nut (Warwick)

Not really no

It kinda was funny

cardiff

Not really no

Babbacombe Torquay

Bess x

Bess x

Bess x

It’s part of the discussion so I answered. "

As I said.....the question wasn't directed at you, yet you felt the need to jump in as if it was.

Not really no

It kinda was funny "

Maybe to a mole.

By *exanthemMan  over a year ago

North

Asians come with different shades of Brown and Yellow - browns are mainly from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. Yes there is a huge cultural difference among them when it comes to treating women. Inam going to talk about the Indians. They have progressed well in that space where women are open, going to nightclubs, running companies and also enjoying, open lifestyles in India, especially in Metro cities. Goa is a hub. Sex wasn’t even considered taboo, rather it was always looked from women’s perspective, meaning empowering them, this was before Mughals invaded India and propagated their culture. India and Indians are going back to their roots now and trying understanding Sex from spiritual point of view. In Hindu Tantra practice, Sex is one way to reach to the ultimate but that is very deep and awaken your wisdom. Osho wrote an article on it, called “ Sambhog se Samadhi”, you can Google it. Similarly Indians in UK are fairly open to the idea of swinging and open lifestyle and it is happening. Especially in and around London, although I have not come across anyone who is practicing BDSM, that is one area that many are curious about. Here in UK swinging world for male selection it is all about Body type first, then Skin type and then comes the size that you carry between your legs. Indians lack in two Body and Size. Fair reason for both, when they are in prime age to grow body mass and testosterone levels, due to strict house rules, they end up becoming a bookworm and study as if their is no life after that. Resulting in poor Body and low testosterones level. Pretty common problem in most of the Indian males. However, things are changing now, especially in metro cities in India, many people are rich they are giving equal weightage to their health and going to Gym to stay fit. With this rate in next 25/30 years time their will be enough Indian males with good looking body with a good size tool. I know some people might laugh after reading it so thanks me for bring smile to your face, but those who could see it happening would understand where I am coming from.

Bournemouth

Fat shamer

Racist

Transpbobic

Homophobic

Fuck off

I’m mixed race. I’ve had little bits of racism but nothing extreme. I’ve also seen peoples attitudes completely change towards me when they realise, in their words that I’m “not like them (Asians)”. "

So you're mixed race and chose to speak of 'straight white men struggles'? How ironic.

By *oyahandrussCouple  over a year ago

Nr Rugby

I think tbh for me anyway it's about the person & the attraction & how you feel around them.

I would never want to exclude anyone based on culture religion etc.

Hey but that's me.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Racism is rarely about skin colour. It’s about differences and stereotypes , you get it between the main tribes in Nigeria, you get it within south and south east Asian communities in many places. I’m often told by girls here they avoid going to the beach because of the single Asian men , they had a few bad experiences and think all Asian men are the same

Just to sum up my feelings on this matter… I have no problem with anybody who doesn’t want to meet me because of my ethnicity. I most likely wouldn’t want to meet them because we wouldn’t get on. Do I think it’s racist? Without knowing their reasons it’s hard to tell but for some of them it will be.

Northampton

Not really no

It kinda was funny

Maybe to a mole. "

See, now you get it and are joining in!

Not really no

I must have a low bar I guess."

Join my low bar it's all good

Nr Rugby

"Plenty of racism on here. I wouldn’t reduce the presence of racism to sexual attraction though

Plenty of the racists on here LOVE ‘BBC’ "

Totally love you ??

Nr Rugby

"Plenty of racism on here. I wouldn’t reduce the presence of racism to sexual attraction though

Plenty of the racists on here LOVE ‘BBC’

Totally love you ??"

"I think tbh for me anyway it's about the person & the attraction & how you feel around them.

I would never want to exclude anyone based on culture religion etc.

Hey but that's me. "

Or age... x

Northampton

Bess x

Bess x

Bess x

It’s part of the discussion so I answered.

As I said.....the question wasn't directed at you, yet you felt the need to jump in as if it was.

"

I did indeedy, not sure what the issue is tbh. Happy to answer any questions you have though.

Not really no

It kinda was funny

Maybe to a mole. "

Definitely to a naked mole rat, then fuckers have a top sense of humour

Fat shamer

Racist

Transpbobic

Homophobic

Fuck off

I’m mixed race. I’ve had little bits of racism but nothing extreme. I’ve also seen peoples attitudes completely change towards me when they realise, in their words that I’m “not like them (Asians)”.

So you're mixed race and chose to speak of 'straight white men struggles'? How ironic."

I’m straight and half white and have just gave you an example of a privilege I’ve received due to that. Feel free to give some examples to back your argument.

Not really no

It kinda was funny

Maybe to a mole.

See, now you get it and are joining in! "

Yeah but now I feel dirty.

"Stop talking about it.

That's a noble sentiment and I agree to an extent, but we're not talking about having a conversation, we're talking about something much deeper and more personal. Sex and physical intimacy, for many, have different "requirements" for what makes a good relationship. I don't see a problem with people having their own personal standards for that activity. I am a Jewess. I am Jewish and I tell people this if it looks likely that we may meet. I have had messages/pm's from people (not on this site) who have turned very nasty when I tell them this. It's not on our profile, but I would not want to meet people from muslim backgrounds for this reason. Not all muslims hate jews, and vice versa, but I choose to employ a bit of stereotyping for my own safety. If that makes me racist, then yes - I am racist. It doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Bess x

Is that racism?"

I would say the fact that there’s an assumption on these things based on the colour of someone’s skin is problematic.

Culture is not a signifier of race. That I’m Black and have Black skin is not an indicator of my culture, my values or my behaviour. Besides there’s cultural difference amongst races, across diasporas- Black British culture has differences to African American culture despite us both being Black.

To be clear I’m not saying that the act of not finding someone attractive is racist But I am hopefully encouraging people to understand the way we apply stereotypes

and myths to groups we are being racist or at least reproducing these racist myths and further perpetuating them.