FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Transgender travel

Transgender travel

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi everyone,

For this first time since my transition a decade ago, I’m considering being brave enough to go abroad, I’ve put this off for far too long for fear of the unknown.

I’m currently looking at either Tunisia, Turkey, Greece or Canary Islands.

I’m fully aware of the socio-religious aspects that might make some of these a bad idea but am I over thinking/worrying too much much?

Would love to hear of any recent experiences of LGBT travel in these areas. Thanks everyone

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hiya.

I don't know if this will help but TUI have a list of LGBTQ+ friendly destinations on thier web site.

Gran Canaria and Mykonos are both on the list.

I imagine if you are booking through an agent they could help? Or just look on their websites or even pop into one and just ask them for places that are good to visit?

don't need to book with them but they should be able to give you some ideas.

Hope that is of some help. x

By *ts the taking part thatMan  over a year ago

southampton

Honest question & looking to learn as although not a believer that you can change sex I am interested & sympathetic to issue's doing so creates.

What does your passport say is your sex & I,m guessing given the timescale you have a female face in your passport so do the two contradict?

What could the possible issue's be if not?

Appreciate you might want to ignore me.

"Honest question & looking to learn as although not a believer that you can change sex I am interested & sympathetic to issue's doing so creates.

What does your passport say is your sex & I,m guessing given the timescale you have a female face in your passport so do the two contradict?

Appreciate you might want to ignore me. "

It’s okay, wouldn’t ignore you. As you say, whatever someone’s personal belief about the topic it’s the life I live in and despite what my passport may say, it wouldn’t override the legalities and customs of another country.

There what a report might say about what’s legal and there real world experience and the two don’t always match up hence looking for people who have been there and done that so to speak.

If it was just me, I’d treat it as an adventure and just go for it but I’m hoping to take kids for a nice relaxing vacation too and don’t need the additional stress and worry of about putting them into a possible situation. It’s why I’ve avoided going abroad for so long and as nice as Cornwall is, it can only stay interesting for so many visits lol

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"Hi everyone,

For this first time since my transition a decade ago, I’m considering being brave enough to go abroad, I’ve put this off for far too long for fear of the unknown.

I’m fully aware of the socio-religious aspects that might make some of these a bad idea but am I over thinking/worrying too much much?

Would love to hear of any recent experiences of LGBT travel in these areas. Thanks everyone "

canaries they don't care best place for anything weather, nudist beaches, open minds, sand sea and A&E

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Honest question & looking to learn as although not a believer that you can change sex I am interested & sympathetic to issue's doing so creates.

Appreciate you might want to ignore me.

It’s okay, wouldn’t ignore you. As you say, whatever someone’s personal belief about the topic it’s the life I live in and despite what my passport may say, it wouldn’t override the legalities and customs of another country.

There what a report might say about what’s legal and there real world experience and the two don’t always match up hence looking for people who have been there and done that so to speak.

If it was just me, I’d treat it as an adventure and just go for it but I’m hoping to take kids for a nice relaxing vacation too and don’t need the additional stress and worry of about putting them into a possible situation. It’s why I’ve avoided going abroad for so long and as nice as Cornwall is, it can only stay interesting for so many visits lol

"

The Canaries or anywhere in Spain/Spanish islands will be absolutely fine for you. Every kind of person from everywhere can be found on holiday in Spain and I'm confident you would be as safe as anyone else.

"Hi everyone,

Would love to hear of any recent experiences of LGBT travel in these areas. Thanks everyone "

Your beautiful by the way

Turkey I would avoid just now, see how things are after their elections. It may shift to the right or may become more liberal. Greece and canaries fine. Tunisia yes but not on your own, and only in tourist areas.

By *ersiantugMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Obviously, yeah Turkey has issues atm, though as a traveller you'd likely be ok. Tourism is usually protected in most places. It depends what you want to do when you are there I guess. pt

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

I would have thought Thailand is TS friendly.

Thanks for the replies, definitely was thinking Turkey and Tunisia might be ones to avoid as much as they look beautiful places to go. I’m sure there are some lovely, welcoming people there but not worth the risk with kids in tow too.

Canary’s seem a fairly safe bet at the moment I think but also wondering about Cape Verde or Dominican Republic.

"I would have thought Thailand is TS friendly."

Except I’d feel totally ugly against some of the beauties there

By *dy-ukTV/TS  over a year ago

Alcester

"I would have thought Thailand is TS friendly."

Actually it isn't safe or TS friendly.

Remember hearing something about the Thailand TS community feeling threatened by others coming into their patch. It's a bit like turf war and new TS faces aren't welcomed.

» Add a new message to this topic