FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Surprising artists in bands.

Surprising artists in bands.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *he James gang OP   Couple  over a year ago

NEWTOWNABBEY

Not just "featuring" but played on tour or on whole albums.

I'll start with two.

1. Glen Campbell was in the Beach Boys.

2. Midge Ure did an American tour with Thin Lizzy after John Robertson split his hand.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ildmanYorksMan  over a year ago

Doncaster & Bembridge

"Not just "featuring" but played on tour or on whole albums.

I'll start with two.

2. Midge Ure did an American tour with Thin Lizzy after John Robertson split his hand."

It was Brian Robertson who was in Thin Lizzy, but Midge Ure joined when Gary Moore walked out on them part way through the American tour.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Dr Dre was a DJ for the Beastie Boys.

"Dr Dre was a DJ for the Beastie Boys."

My mistake different Dr Dre. Not the one from NWA

NEWTOWNABBEY

I'll start with two.

2. Midge Ure did an American tour with Thin Lizzy after John Robertson split his hand.

It was Brian Robertson who was in Thin Lizzy, but Midge Ure joined when Gary Moore walked out on them part way through the American tour.

"

I stand corrected sir, you're quite right on both counts.

NEWTOWNABBEY

I'll start with two.

"

I heard an interview with Midge, he said he had to learn all the songs on the flight over, to join them.

Doncaster & Bembridge

Yeah he did! Phil asked him to join permanently but he'd already committed to Ultravox.

NEWTOWNABBEY

"Yeah he did! Phil asked him to join permanently but he'd already committed to Ultravox.

"

On a side note, heading to Dublin at the end of the month to see John Fogerty of CCR. Seen him six years ago, outstanding!.

Doncaster & Bembridge

"Yeah he did! Phil asked him to join permanently but he'd already committed to Ultravox.

On a side note, heading to Dublin at the end of the month to see John Fogerty of CCR. Seen him six years ago, outstanding!."

Never had the chance to see him, either solo or with CCR. We used to do Proud Mary and Bad Moon Rising in one of the bands I used to be in.

Not shocking to me but some people didn’t know Ashley Walters was in SoSolidCrew, Justin Timberlake in Nsync and Jared Leto in 30 seconds to Mars or whatever it’s called.

By *elvet RopeMan  over a year ago

by the big field

Robert Smith was a member of Siouxsie & the Banshees and The Cure at the same time- leading him to appear on TOTP twice on the same programme (Guitar for Banshees- Singer for The Cure)- as both had top 40 hits that week

By *ersiantugMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

I forgot to add this link to the Songs thread, fits here too though..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNd4hmK0vqQ

Justine Fleishman (Elastica) was in an early line up of Suede

By *he love catsCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

"Robert Smith was a member of Siouxsie & the Banshees and The Cure at the same time- leading him to appear on TOTP twice on the same programme (Guitar for Banshees- Singer for The Cure)- as both had top 40 hits that week "

Two amazing bands, Smith was also in the Glove at the same time.

NEWTOWNABBEY

On a side note, heading to Dublin at the end of the month to see John Fogerty of CCR. Seen him six years ago, outstanding!.

Never had the chance to see him, either solo or with CCR. We used to do Proud Mary and Bad Moon Rising in one of the bands I used to be in.

"

He has on stage a small amp. He used it at Woodstock and to this day.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Not shocking to me but some people didn’t know Ashley Walters was in SoSolidCrew, Justin Timberlake in Nsync and Jared Leto in 30 seconds to Mars or whatever it’s called. "

Jared formed 30 seconds with his brother Shannon and two others. It's now just him and Shannon and quite frankly they've never been any good since Tomo left - the night before Fox and I went to see them a few years back.

One I never realised until recently was that DJ Lethal from House of Pain is actually the same DJ Lethal from Limp Bizkit.

And he's Latvian.

I'd assumed he was Irish American all these years...

A

"Not shocking to me but some people didn’t know Ashley Walters was in SoSolidCrew, Justin Timberlake in Nsync and Jared Leto in 30 seconds to Mars or whatever it’s called.

Jared formed 30 seconds with his brother Shannon and two others. It's now just him and Shannon and quite frankly they've never been any good since Tomo left - the night before Fox and I went to see them a few years back.

One I never realised until recently was that DJ Lethal from House of Pain is actually the same DJ Lethal from Limp Bizkit.

And he's Latvian.

A"

What rotten luck!! I like Leto’s voice I must confess!

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Not shocking to me but some people didn’t know Ashley Walters was in SoSolidCrew, Justin Timberlake in Nsync and Jared Leto in 30 seconds to Mars or whatever it’s called.

And he's Latvian.

A

What rotten luck!! I like Leto’s voice I must confess!"

Oh don't get me wrong. He's a very talented guy. Directs all the music videos (as Bartholomew Cubbins) and is a bloody good actor too.

I just like the old stuff much better and it comes across as pure nepotism very egotistical that it's now just the two brothers in the band.

I've seen them live several times but this was Fox's first time seeing them and he'd literally left the band the night before

If you want to see some really good older stuff here's a link to a gig they did in a London church a few years back.

https://youtu.be/7aPlvoR_8BY

A

» Add a new message to this topic