FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Reminding yourself...

Reminding yourself...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eli OP   Woman  over a year ago

So, you've* not been feeling yourself lately. Not confident in who you are, not particularly sexy. A sort of meh feeling, if you like. It can be for whatever reason, it's just that something has affected you a little bit. Knocked your confidence.

What do you do/what reminds you that, yep, you've still go it? What reminds you of your worth?

*it's not about me, more general musings.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"So, you've* not been feeling yourself lately. Not confident in who you are, not particularly sexy. A sort of meh feeling, if you like. It can be for whatever reason, it's just that something has affected you a little bit. Knocked your confidence.

What do you do/what reminds you that, yep, you've still go it? What reminds you of your worth?

*it's not about me, more general musings. "

The beach, the sun and just relaxing

By *iasubTV/TS  over a year ago

Ilkeston

I remember that all though today was difficult there are plenty of other days in the future that can be better. Life isnt always always easy and sometimes it better to take the less beaten track to get to a better position tomorrow

If anyone has watched the black dog video about depression (highly recommend very insightful) that my black dog is there and sometimes its good to pay him a bit of attention before he gets more energetic like last time

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So, you've* not been feeling yourself lately. Not confident in who you are, not particularly sexy. A sort of meh feeling, if you like. It can be for whatever reason, it's just that something has affected you a little bit. Knocked your confidence.

I post a pic on fab and wait for fabs..... Sarcasm fully intended.

I call my bestie. Or do something that makes me happy. But, my bestie, she will make me laugh, she will make me feel better, she reminds me of my worth. She's gets me like no one else does. She's sees me.

By *ull English with teaMan  over a year ago

London

I was feeling myself this afternoon…

By *aucasian GhandiMan  over a year ago

from my dad's left nut (Warwick)

Not injecting smack on a daily basis reminds me of my worth

By *estarossa.Woman  over a year ago

Flagrante

I feel someone else.

No, not like that, as in I connect with the people who are important to me and make it about them.

Not conventional, but it works.

Ilkeston

"I feel someone else.

No, not like that, as in I connect with the people who are important to me and make it about them.

Not conventional, but it works."

As long as it works thats the main thing

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

Feel myself - literally. Masturbating reminds me that if no one else is will to touch me I can do it myself.

Tricking my brain by getting the good hormones going an giving my shitty brain a rest

How many profile views I get.

Or fabs.

Then my general visage in a mirror, pane of glass, puddle or spoon. Even the shiny kettles good enough for that too.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

I ransack the wardrobe for clothes that still fir comfortably, try them on, look in the mirror and think 'yeah, groovy!', strip, helicopter my knob and then go downstairs for some cake.

A

Shop take pictures and post them

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

As long as I get into bed with the wife at the end of the day, the kids are safe in their bed. That’s all I need to know I’m alright, the rest is minor. I can deal with that.

The mr

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

Generally just my own acknowledgement of what I'm going through and that it never lasts forever. That pretty much makes it easier to ride the wave until I feel better

This is a tough one. This week has been filled with sad news and exciting steps forward that I'm now left feeling a bit, Meh. Or more accurately unsure of things to come.

I don't have a set thing I do to remind myself as such. It really depends on what's dragging me down.

Tonight I'm going home to hang out with my boys and comfort eat my feelings away.

Tomorrow is a new day and will be better.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I feel meh today. Menopause kicking my arse.

I don't know what I'll do to cheer myself up tbh. I WANT to eat cake but really shouldn't. So I won't.

"I feel meh today. Menopause kicking my arse.

I don't know what I'll do to cheer myself up tbh. I WANT to eat cake but really shouldn't. So I won't. "

I'm eating cake in my car in my drive way before I go into the house and go back to happy positive mum mode.

Cake is good

North West

I don't know what I'll do to cheer myself up tbh. I WANT to eat cake but really shouldn't. So I won't.

I'm eating cake in my car in my drive way before I go into the house and go back to happy positive mum mode.

Cake is good "

I'm languishing on the bed, drinking coffee and feigning interest in the Horrible Histories thing our daughter is watching. Yes, I am currently being a terrible parent but I feel so wiped out today

Cake

Cake is good

I'm languishing on the bed, drinking coffee and feigning interest in the Horrible Histories thing our daughter is watching. Yes, I am currently being a terrible parent but I feel so wiped out today

Cake "

That's not terrible parenting.

Its survival. Be kind to yourself

Dorchester

"I remember that all though today was difficult there are plenty of other days in the future that can be better. Life isnt always always easy and sometimes it better to take the less beaten track to get to a better position tomorrow

If anyone has watched the black dog video about depression (highly recommend very insightful) that my black dog is there and sometimes its good to pay him a bit of attention before he gets more energetic like last time

"

the old saying you get one life live it comes to mind

By *mf123Man  over a year ago

with one foot out the door

Do something physical

North West

Cake is good

Cake

That's not terrible parenting.

Its survival. Be kind to yourself "

I'm telling myself it's educational!

By *ellanbennyCouple  over a year ago

cambs

Commenting so I can keep reading this thread for ideas. I often don't feel myself and never know how to get myself out of it.

Hearing S tell me nice things or appreciate my body usually works though. Still, it'd be nice to have some tricks to help myself.

T

Ilkeston

"I remember that all though today was difficult there are plenty of other days in the future that can be better. Life isnt always always easy and sometimes it better to take the less beaten track to get to a better position tomorrow

the old saying you get one life live it comes to mind "

Exactly that. Its hard in the moment when its tough to see it but its very true.

My pop always said as long as your not hurting anyone do what makes you happy. Not quite sure this is what he meant but the principle stands

I've felt meh this week - physically struggling with myself

But taking a look around me and realising that I'm in a massive transition period in life and there are so many positives and that makes it all better

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

It's people that encourage the "Meh" feeling for me. Once I've stripped away the superficial friendships, forced interactions and meaningless conversations.

All is bright and sunny again

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

I find an hour to myself, best outside and do a deep kriya mediataions, not the body or the mind.

By *stellaWoman  over a year ago

London

I go visit my mate and have sex and he makes me feel better.

That's my default state Meli. There is no reminding possible

*it's not about me, more general musings. The beach, the sun and just relaxing "

Ah the beach is soothing isn't it? I think there's a lot to be said for the Victorian cure of sending "hysterical" women to the beach - bodies of water are good to help calm.

By *ixed MisterMan  over a year ago

London

The amount of things that remind me are showing becoming fewer, I got caught trying to finding new things to remind of that and ending up losing myself even more.

My recent reset has been brilliant, re-harnessed my emotions with a little help, and have been focusing on everything good in my life a lot more, while trying not to let the negatives pull me back down. My newest discovery is that turning off all screens a good hour before bed and reading/writing/drawing is a brilliant help for getting to sleep.

By *espacito56Man  over a year ago

Orkney

I have to feel myself a lot.

It's always several weeks between meets with my fwb.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I have a lot of bad days but then I think to myself what a strong person I am and know that I'm going to have good days.

I have to say in my position I really appreciate good days probly more so than others. I stop and look at the blossom. Smell roses in people's gardens, just look around me and appreciate being outside

Dorchester

*it's not about me, more general musings. The beach, the sun and just relaxing

Ah the beach is soothing isn't it? I think there's a lot to be said for the Victorian cure of sending "hysterical" women to the beach - bodies of water are good to help calm. "

yes and down here in devon we have two natural pools with a bit of man made assistance to keep the water in the Ladies used one and the men the other

Dorchester

Ilfracome for the Victorians

Eating crunchy peanut butter off a dessert spoon helps me feel better.

Also slightly sexual.

"

That's a lovely way of viewing it. I think sometimes when you're in it it's hard to see other days. But you're right, there are better days ahead.

Ilkeston

That's a lovely way of viewing it. I think sometimes when you're in it it's hard to see other days. But you're right, there are better days ahead. "

Exactly its always easy from the side lines to look and say its going to be okay when in the moment you feel totally opposite. However, for me its that video that helps ground me to the reasons why im feeling that way and its okay not be be the bubbly person i normally

It’s been a tough couple of months operation to remove a lump still not up to full speed yet but I’m getting there slowly

I was reminded the other day I am luckier than most told myself to stop feeling sorry for myself

By *tar80sWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

Music and digging in soil. Planting flowers. Getting rid of the rubbish in the flowerbeds.

Digging in and working soil through your your hands actually stimulates serontonin production, which helps you feel relaxed and happier. (Its call Mycobacterium vaccae in case anyone wants to research it more.)

read previous messages

By *asha86Couple  over a year ago

walsall

Hair, makeup and nails done and beautiful weather xT

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Getting dressed up or down and taking some pics always helps.

Other than that, fishing for compliments with the men friends.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman  over a year ago

Carlisle usually

The only thing that can remind myself of my worth is me.

Sometimes when the melancholy hits I'll look to the people who matter to me for reassurance. Sometimes I'll look through those old saved messages that hit a certain chord, sometimes I'll go throw myself into something fun as a distraction so I can get out of my head long enough to let things process through.

But I know who I am. I might lose sight of it occasionally, and I'm grateful to have the people I do to help keep me from toppling over the edge. But it's only me that can actually walk away from the ledge.

"I feel someone else.

Not conventional, but it works."

It might not be that conventional but sod it. I think more people do it then they realise and there's nothing wrong with that is there?

Connecting with others is important. Reaffirming and calming. It's lovely to do.

"Feel myself - literally. Masturbating reminds me that if no one else is will to touch me I can do it myself.

Tricking my brain by getting the good hormones going an giving my shitty brain a rest "

A good wank can help massively - while not as satisfying as fucking those hormones really do help. Shitty brain though? You need more mischief in your life.

» Add a new message to this topic