FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Excuses for leaving a first date

Excuses for leaving a first date

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So a friend has been absent in the dating scene for a VERY VERY long time. So when he jumped back in there, he found he's go a lot of catching up. Example, he never had an escape plan in case of emergency. I.e, it became clear she only really wanted him for sex. Shocking, but this is the modern woman. Anyway after nearly a year he dumped her. What amazed me was it took this long. What is the world coming to? I say. Of course I'm not taking sides. As there's always two sides to a cover. But I think the moral to story here is 'don't drag it for too long as it just gets worse'.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've just heard my hamsters wheel is broken. I have to go home and turn it for him.

By *ormerWelshcouple2020Man  over a year ago

Stourbridge

"I've just heard my hamsters wheel is broken. I have to go home and turn it for him."

Thoughts and prayers with the hamster

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

I think the friend should be known as "The Victim" for evermore....

Used solely for sex, the poor devil.

By *ister_ee_1981Man  over a year ago

Paphos

No excuses needed. Stand up, say no, walk out.

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Toan! A delight.

I'll go find Nora, dear

By *odgerMooreMan  over a year ago

Carlisle

Only wanted him for sex you say… outrageous If you could Pass on her details I’ll make sure I give her a proper telling off!!

"I've just heard my hamsters wheel is broken. I have to go home and turn it for him."

That's a classic excuse. Poor pets always get the blame

I had a number of strange dating experiences via a much more relationship orientated site - match - a number of years ago.

One in particular sticks in the mind, we had chatted online, then phone and I just ignored some warning signs. We met in a bar and after about half an hour I had to just go, I said something like I'm really sorry but I don't think this is going to work out so I'm going. Cue the rage in her starting and she demanded to know what was wrong with her and why I was trying to take advantage of her (?!?) I ended up saying "to be honest, I think you may be clinically if not criminally insane and I fear for my safety" and walked off. She threw a glass at me as I left!

Blimey a year was a long time for a first date... Did they go on a cruise round the world?

"Blimey a year was a long time for a first date... Did they go on a cruise round the world? "

I was using this as a Metaphor.

By *estarossa.Woman  over a year ago

Flagrante

A year of bad sex, must've been tough for you OP!

By *ezebel100Woman  over a year ago

Birmingham

Why is it shocking she wanted him just for sex? You wouldn't be saying it's shocking if it was the other way around.

"A year of bad sex, must've been tough for you OP!"

I don't think the sex was that bad. Well if it was I'm sure he would have dumped her much sooner.

"I had a number of strange dating experiences via a much more relationship orientated site - match - a number of years ago.

One in particular sticks in the mind, we had chatted online, then phone and I just ignored some warning signs. We met in a bar and after about half an hour I had to just go, I said something like I'm really sorry but I don't think this is going to work out so I'm going. Cue the rage in her starting and she demanded to know what was wrong with her and why I was trying to take advantage of her (?!?) I ended up saying "to be honest, I think you may be clinically if not criminally insane and I fear for my safety" and walked off. She threw a glass at me as I left!"

I know if there are red flags then it's game over and move is to run for dear life. But you know we live and learn.

» Add a new message to this topic