FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Driven off a forum

Driven off a forum

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

A good cyber buddy of mine has decided to call it a day. She had been on the forum for a few years and I joined about a year ago

We connected as like mided, open and fair and not nasty.

Sadly, some of the clique were a bit jealous about her posts and trashed every thread she initiated.

I told her to stay and not start any new threads but just post on some, but she said no.

Have you ever been driven off any forums by some that spend their lives on forums?

I find this place really good and have made a couple of male buddies that are here as couples and they appreciate my sincerity.

Btw, rubbish weather

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

No, I've never felt I shouldn't be on the forums.

I post some proper drivel too.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

You have to develop a thick skin on here, definitely not a place for the faint-hearted that's for sure however I would say that it's a lot tamer than around 5 years ago as everyone seems to claim to be offended or shamed by almost anything even typing this I've been very careful with my words to avoid upsetting anyone.

Some people just need to offend some people need to feel offended and some both.

If she felt bullied then should have reported the offending parties.

As she's now left are we allowed to ask her username

Admin??

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My only question is what is the Mrs username?

By *elix SightedMan  over a year ago

Cloud 8

"You have to develop a thick skin on here, definitely not a place for the faint-hearted that's for sure however I would say that it's a lot tamer than around 5 years ago as everyone seems to claim to be offended or shamed by almost anything even typing this I've been very careful with my words to avoid upsetting anyone.

Some people just need to offend some people need to feel offended and some both.

Admin??"

This upsets me.

couple, us we him her.

"You have to develop a thick skin on here, definitely not a place for the faint-hearted that's for sure however I would say that it's a lot tamer than around 5 years ago as everyone seems to claim to be offended or shamed by almost anything even typing this I've been very careful with my words to avoid upsetting anyone.

Admin??

This upsets me."

Oi

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

If there is bullying on the forum then the best thing to do is report it.

I can't say I've noticed anyone being hounded, but I'm not in her feelings. And I don't really go anywhere but the Lounge.

It is a sad thing if it's happened.

I've felt like certain people don't want me here on a couple of occasions. But it's a big forum and it is easy to scroll on by. Live and let live.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"No, I've never felt I shouldn't be on the forums.

"

I can confirm this, your post are the level of drivel that I aspire too

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

I wouldn't say I was very well liked on the forums but I'm not going to be chased away by the anybody simply because I'm not sexy enough or I have alternate views, fuck em. I know its shit when someone you click with, and not just in a sexual way, decides to leave. For what ever reason they go, you have to respect their privacy and decission, although it sucks.

There are a few whom I've talked to and have seen a glimse of the real me, those that take the time are worth the effort the rest are echoes in the wind.

"

Drivel is fine but the reason my cyber buddy got picked on was pure jealously. The mistake she made is talk about her daughter wedding and her dress and the size and then she posted a pic with her face covered, she looked like a billion dollars and I think that most of the other longstanding posters were women, and mostly crule and had let themselves go. I've noted jealosuy on forums before becuse of the kind of car you owned/drove, your job, looking fit, being a different race/colour/gender to the gang etc etc

Keep on posting as you may think you post "drivel" but to others it may halp and if not, they can always ignore or get on their high horse just to have a go at you

Tatooine

"My only question is what is the Mrs username? "
Not our business.

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Not on here then? No one posts pics in forums.

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

"I wouldn't say I was very well liked on the forums but I'm not going to be chased away by the anybody simply because I'm not sexy enough or I have alternate views, fuck em. I know its shit when someone you click with, and not just in a sexual way, decides to leave. For what ever reason they go, you have to respect their privacy and decission, although it sucks.

There are a few whom I've talked to and have seen a glimse of the real me, those that take the time are worth the effort the rest are echoes in the wind.

"

You're freaking awesome

"My only question is what is the Mrs username? Not our business."

I must of read ops username wrong

Admin??"

To be clear it was another forum

Sadly, a couple of the admin allowed the trashing of threads.

This cyber friend of mine told me she was a woamn, I never asked nor ddo we speak on the phone etc but we talk about our family/life etc and give open and honest repsoses to the other . it was easier to chat via forums and now its emails which i find harder.

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

That's a shame

It's definitely happened on here before

By *ravelling_WilburyMan  over a year ago

Beverley

"Not on here then? No one posts pics in forums."

Yeah I just thought that

Tatooine

"My only question is what is the Mrs username? Not our business.

I must of read ops username wrong "

Public forum and still poor taste to asked who it was, still not our business.

Tatooine

"I wouldn't say I was very well liked on the forums but I'm not going to be chased away by the anybody simply because I'm not sexy enough or I have alternate views, fuck em. I know its shit when someone you click with, and not just in a sexual way, decides to leave. For what ever reason they go, you have to respect their privacy and decission, although it sucks.

You're freaking awesome"

By *enrietteandSamCouple  over a year ago

Staffordshire

It happens.

The jealousy surrounding my beautiful penis has long been a huge pain in the arse…

Luckily I’ve got the minerals to go with such a beautiful creation so I rise above.

I hope your friend finds happiness in another forum soon

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Drivel is fine but the reason my cyber buddy got picked on was pure jealously. The mistake she made is talk about her daughter wedding and her dress and the size and then she posted a pic with her face covered, she looked like a billion dollars and I think that most of the other longstanding posters were women, and mostly crule and had let themselves go. I've noted jealosuy on forums before becuse of the kind of car you owned/drove, your job, looking fit, being a different race/colour/gender to the gang etc etc

Keep on posting as you may think you post "drivel" but to others it may halp and if not, they can always ignore or get on their high horse just to have a go at you

"

Not on here she didnt

"most of the other longstanding posters were women, and mostly crule and had let themselves go"

Ok then

I must of read ops username wrong Public forum and still poor taste to asked who it was, still not our business."

By *icolerobbieCouple  over a year ago

walsall

"If there is bullying on the forum then the best thing to do is report it.

I can't say I've noticed anyone being hounded, but I'm not in her feelings. And I don't really go anywhere but the Lounge.

It is a sad thing if it's happened.

I've felt like certain people don't want me here on a couple of occasions. But it's a big forum and it is easy to scroll on by. Live and let live."

It usually starts with a contentious post, by a man usually then followed by the usual spineless ones mentioning popcorn then followed by an onslaught by the usual suspects.

It’s all very predictable.

Admin??

To be clear it was another forum

Sadly, a couple of the admin allowed the trashing of threads.

This cyber friend of mine told me she was a woamn, I never asked nor ddo we speak on the phone etc but we talk about our family/life etc and give open and honest repsoses to the other . it was easier to chat via forums and now its emails which i find harder.

"

Do you mean the chat rooms? I've honestly found 99% of my interactions to be positive, I'm sorry your friend had problems - its a shame they didn't report it

Your friend just showed she is above... petite pettiness. It takes more effort to stay in touch with those outside forum but it is not impossible. It filters out those who matter over time and those who we just let go because life carries on happily without them. Never let the forum be the centre of your universe and you'll be fine

T

"…….

Admin??"

Or, can we ask to get her birthdate?….

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

I would say it's all pretty calm these days. If someone was bothering them that much on different threads, she could have blocked them. People aren't allowed to use the forums to get round a block.

"A good cyber buddy of mine has decided to call it a day. She had been on the forum for a few years and I joined about a year ago

…."

About a year ago eh?…….

couple, us we him her.

Having been here for ages I'd say that the key to survival is just don't take it too seriously.

Everything with a pinch of salt.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I must of read ops username wrong Public forum and still poor taste to asked who it was, still not our business."

Some of us would like to know though, it isn't against rules to ask if they had left, although the OP is confusing the bejesus out of me now as he is saying it isn't on this site

couple, us we him her.

"…….

Admin??

Or, can we ask to get her birthdate?….

"

And Bank details

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Maybe post this on the forum she was using OP or people will assume you are having a dig at users on this site