FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Childhood Memories

Childhood Memories

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *os_Goddessofdawn OP   Woman  over a year ago

In the clouds

Morning!! I've been watching "the last thing he told me" and in that, a character is remembering things from her childhood. It got me thinking, is it normal to have a good memory of childhood? I have very sketchy memory, and certainly can't remember details or picture places I've been to only once.

I read once that it's a sign of trauma, to block out memories, and just wondered if that was true. Or maybe I'm a candidate for dementia?!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have zero memory of my childhood. The only things I remember is things I've seen on video tape that brought stuff back. The only thing I do remember is the trauma I went through so maybe my brain works in the opposite effect.

In the clouds

"I have zero memory of my childhood. The only things I remember is things I've seen on video tape that brought stuff back. The only thing I do remember is the trauma I went through so maybe my brain works in the opposite effect. "

Yes I do remember alot of the bad things unfortunately ?? but alot my siblings told me, I have no recollection of..

Sorry you had trauma

I have some childhood memories, but they tend to be very specific or triggered by hearing a song etc. I don’t really remember good or bad, just random things.

My mum died suddenly when I was 13, they (counsellors) consider this a traumatic event, and why I can’t remember too much.

I don’t really worry too much about it anymore, I used to be upset by it, as I want to remember my mum more, but it is what it is.

Mrs

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

Lots of memories good and bad of my childhood making a slide out of sheets of cardboard down the steep drive aged five is the oldest i can remember lots more after that lots of them happy but many of them not .learning to ride a bike skateboard and swim all with dyspraxia stand out .high school was particularly traumatic being the smallest in my year was bullied mercilessly but do have the memories of being cross country champion for house school county and region .k

Yes a lot of Memories

All bad I’m afraid

Alcoholic abusive father

Mum had Medical issues

Sent to Bernardo’s home at three

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

Depends. I can remember some stuff, like going to the allotment with my Grampy and talking to the horses in the field next door whilst he potted about.

But I can’t remember everything. Just have little memory clips that I can press play on now and then. I remember the good stuff and deliberately (I guess) block out the bad stuff.

By *orny daddy 22Man  over a year ago

barry south wales

Hi yes same can’t remember much of mine strange yet I remember all the things me and my mate done sucking each other off every where ??

Mine were quite bad …. Best left in the past …..

"Depends. I can remember some stuff, like going to the allotment with my Grampy and talking to the horses in the field next door whilst he potted about.

But I can’t remember everything. Just have little memory clips that I can press play on now and then. I remember the good stuff and deliberately (I guess) block out the bad stuff.

"

I like phrase memory clips. It's similar for me but I actually remember both. Bad ones more intensely.

In the clouds

So the general consensus is that nobody can see childhood memories like movies! Ok thanks..

By *929Man  over a year ago

newcastle

I can remember some things but they are just very vague like pictures or a short several second clip can’t remember whole days or even a whole hour. It varies from person to person though I speak to friends about our childhood and they will recall so many things we did that I’d completely forgot about I have one friend in particular that can remember do much

» Add a new message to this topic