FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The Coronation of a Monarch

The Coronation of a Monarch

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heBirminghamWeekend OP   Man  over a year ago

here

The history, pomp and circumstance, music …

I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but as an event in our lifetime it is a shared experience that binds us together.

God Save The King

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uitednbooted2Man  over a year ago

Berkshire

I love my country, it’s people and it’s rich history. Tomorrow is a historical event that has been part of our countries history for over a 1000 years and that makes me proud to be British

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I assume you have to consent to being bound.

I'll be working and ignoring it

By *nkyCplCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

"The history, pomp and circumstance, music …

I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but as an event in our lifetime it is a shared experience that binds us together.

God Save The King

"

Sharing, binding and tea….we’re in!

By *ullyMan  over a year ago

Near Clacton

The history, pomp and circumstance, music …

God Save The King.

I agree, not the god part just not into religion. I was rather disgusted to hear on the radio some football "fans" were objecting to the National Anthem being played though.

I loathe football and anything associated with it and think it disgusting that hatred and or politics is brought into any sporting event. And I suppose ball kicking too. If these haters don't like it here or have objections to our Monarchy, or this countries religion, then they are free to leave.

Northampton

"I assume you have to consent to being bound.

I'll be working and ignoring it "

Ah my nemesis . Actually working too, shall we arrange fight club?

I’m obviously teasing and we may sit on opposite sides of most debates, but always keep me entertained. You’re the ying to my yang.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I can't wait. I love all the pomp. Also something to tell my grandchildren

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I won't be watching it as I will be away for the day x

By *elix SightedMan  over a year ago

Cloud 8

God Save The King.

I agree, not the god part just not into religion. I was rather disgusted to hear on the radio some football "fans" were objecting to the National Anthem being played though.

I loathe football and anything associated with it and think it disgusting that hatred and or politics is brought into any sporting event. And I suppose ball kicking too. If these haters don't like it here or have objections to our Monarchy, or this countries religion, then they are free to leave."

What an ironic and contrary statement. You say you hate it when politics are brought into sporting events - maybe the fans do as well? And maybe they don’t want their game, which is totally unconnected with the coronation, tainted by playing the national anthem.

That doesn’t make them haters. It makes them the same as you. And, like you just have, they have made their feelings known.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I cannot stand football, football players, or some fans that aren’t really sports fans. But why should they leave England because someone decided to play a national anthem?

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

God Save The King.

I loathe football and anything associated with it and think it disgusting that hatred and or politics is brought into any sporting event. And I suppose ball kicking too. If these haters don't like it here or have objections to our Monarchy, or this countries religion, then they are free to leave.

What an ironic and contrary statement. You say you hate it when politics are brought into sporting events - maybe the fans do as well? And maybe they don’t want their game, which is totally unconnected with the coronation, tainted by playing the national anthem.

That doesn’t make them haters. It makes them the same as you. And, like you just have, they have made their feelings known.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I cannot stand football, football players, or some fans that aren’t really sports fans. But why should they leave England because someone decided to play a national anthem?"

If you're not a fan of the monarchy or religion you're not really free to leave though are you?

You can't just up, chuck and move to another nation (not since brexit anyway) without that nation allowing it.

I'm pretty ambivalent to the monarchy (I've met Charles and he seemed a nice enough bloke) and hate organised religion of any denomination.

Whilst sometimes I'd love to live abroad I don't see why I'm obliged to like either the monarchy or the states religion of choice. Whatever happened to free will?

A

For most people its once in lifetime event

If people enjoy it all the better

Not for me though

Working and no interest whatsoever

By *elix SightedMan  over a year ago

Cloud 8

"

God Save The King

Now, don’t get me wrong, I cannot stand football, football players, or some fans that aren’t really sports fans. But why should they leave England because someone decided to play a national anthem?

If you're not a fan of the monarchy or religion you're not really free to leave though are you?

You can't just up, chuck and move to another nation (not since brexit anyway) without that nation allowing it.

I'm pretty ambivalent to the monarchy (I've met Charles and he seemed a nice enough bloke) and hate organised religion of any denomination.

Whilst sometimes I'd love to live abroad I don't see why I'm obliged to like either the monarchy or the states religion of choice. Whatever happened to free will?

A"

Agree completely. I used to be a staunch monarchist but the current state (no pun intended) of affairs has caused me to reassess my position.

It seems I’m not alone as I’ve read hundreds of posts over the past two weeks. I think the next 10-15 years are a good time to consider the relevance of the monarchy

By *elvet RopeMan  over a year ago

by the big field

"If these haters don't like it here or have objections to our Monarchy, or this countries religion, then they are free to leave."

I object to the monarchy and dispute that the country is overly religious. I was born here, can trace my family back a couple of hundred years to here so my opinions are undisputedly as valid as yours. I would consider leaving if it wasn't for the amount of flag waving Little England idiots who were conned in to voting for Brexit- so they could 'take back control'...so now i've got less options available, but at least we're doing so much better than the rest of the EU now

By *mp411Man  over a year ago

chester

£100 million it’s costing us for a WEF shill to wear a ridiculously overpriced hat and continue to live in extreme luxury while we the great unwashed starve,freeze(in winter),live colder,poorer more stressful lives struggling to make ends meet…….Anyone who supports this travesty is insulting and a traitor to the British people.

I've just watched on the news all the people camping out on the mall and whats going on all over the country. Seems to me there is still a lot of people supporting the monarchy

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I'm fascinated by the monarchy the way it's endured and changed and the ceremony that will be taking place tomorrow. I'll watch but I'm not a royalist by any stretch of the imagination

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

I'm looking forward to this event and will celebrate with fervour and unwavering pride. •†•

By *orksRockerMan  over a year ago

Bradford

Some are not Happy...

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/rudest-coronation-protest-so-far-145237412.html

By *ryan...Man  over a year ago

1950's Original

Will he be showing us his crown jewels

By *uby StarCouple  over a year ago

Durham

I'll enjoy catching up on the highlights of the day once I finish work tomorrow night.

I think it's a joyous occasion.

By *etro1940sCouple  over a year ago

Kingston upon Thames

For many (probably the majority) a special and meaningful day, for a few something to ignore, for the remainder something to notice but not get excited about. We are in the first group but respect others. Indeed, G-d Save the King.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

"I've just watched on the news all the people camping out on the mall and whats going on all over the country. Seems to me there is still a lot of people supporting the monarchy"

Wish I was there camping out on the mall. I wasn't aware this was allowed but hope be there in my tent next time.

Northampton

[Removed by poster at 05/05/23 21:09:47]

Northampton

"For many (probably the majority) a special and meaningful day, for a few something to ignore, for the remainder something to notice but not get excited about. We are in the first group but respect others. Indeed, G-d Save the King. "

Very well put.

"I've just watched on the news all the people camping out on the mall and whats going on all over the country. Seems to me there is still a lot of people supporting the monarchy

Wish I was there camping out on the mall. I wasn't aware this was allowed but hope be there in my tent next time."

sorry when I said camping out I just ment spending the night out there

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

"£100 million it’s costing us for a WEF shill to wear a ridiculously overpriced hat and continue to live in extreme luxury while we the great unwashed starve,freeze(in winter),live colder,poorer more stressful lives struggling to make ends meet…….Anyone who supports this travesty is insulting and a traitor to the British people."

250 million

So everything will be getting increased to fill the loss in the piggybank

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

"For many (probably the majority) a special and meaningful day, for a few something to ignore, for the remainder something to notice but not get excited about. We are in the first group but respect others. Indeed, G-d Save the King. "

·

••••

"£100 million it’s costing us for a WEF shill to wear a ridiculously overpriced hat and continue to live in extreme luxury while we the great unwashed starve,freeze(in winter),live colder,poorer more stressful lives struggling to make ends meet…….Anyone who supports this travesty is insulting and a traitor to the British people."
whose it costing though? Haven't seen any money leave my bank account. There's about 65 million people live in the UK so roughly £4 each

I can't wait,I love it all,my streets having a street party to celebrate

here

"For many (probably the majority) a special and meaningful day, for a few something to ignore, for the remainder something to notice but not get excited about. We are in the first group but respect others. Indeed, G-d Save the King.

Very well put. "

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I'm going to have a nap after my night shift then watch it.

I'm truly excited about it x

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

"I've just watched on the news all the people camping out on the mall and whats going on all over the country. Seems to me there is still a lot of people supporting the monarchy

Wish I was there camping out on the mall. I wasn't aware this was allowed but hope be there in my tent next time.sorry when I said camping out I just ment spending the night out there"

4 older ladies from Kilmarnock have been camping since Monday. They were on the news and having a blast.

By *adeiteWoman  over a year ago

Poole, but up in lincs for a bit

I plan on ignoring it and having a BBQ instead

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

In 1953 I didn't know any better than to get excited. Still got my Coronation mug which all schoolchildren were given.

Modern coronation mugs are a different breed.

By *omtom7Man  over a year ago

Tralee

Happy for people in the UK who are looking forward to it. Doesn't really bother me one way or another.

By *ryan...Man  over a year ago

1950's Original

..well I heard he's having all central heating fitters sat at the front....

because they're all Corgi registered

I am looking forward to the Coronation, I'll probably never see a Coronation again

Had an amazing day today celebrating. We had a Coronation day at Nursery with a party for the children, it was pretty awesome

And going to watch it live in the park with a picnic. Anything to bring people together and have a celebration

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

It's just another vehicle for celebrity worship and really don't see the point in it all. And I'm a royalist by the way.

Bexley

"I plan on ignoring it and having a BBQ instead "

Not sure which is more of a punishment!

By *hGlobbitsMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

Not for me, thanks.

Cheers for the day off work, but... no.

By *icknmix500Man  over a year ago

South Gloucestershire

Great stuff but forget about Andrew and Harry !

By *ames4455Man  over a year ago

cannock

[Removed by poster at 05/05/23 22:43:47]

By *ames4455Man  over a year ago

cannock

Jimmy will be smiling over his best mate tomorrow.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It binds me not to anyone. The parasite should have paid for thiz himself.

It's a ludicrous outdated tool that sustains suppression, comprised of silly magic. He won't even let us watch all of it. It's grotesque

Northampton

"It binds me not to anyone. The parasite should have paid for thiz himself.

It's a ludicrous outdated tool that sustains suppression, comprised of silly magic. He won't even let us watch all of it. It's grotesque "

Love a decent magic show to be fair.

By *oonloverWoman  over a year ago

bognor regis

"Not for me, thanks.

Cheers for the day off work, but... no."

This.... . 100%

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

God Save The King.

I loathe football and anything associated with it and think it disgusting that hatred and or politics is brought into any sporting event. And I suppose ball kicking too. If these haters don't like it here or have objections to our Monarchy, or this countries religion, then they are free to leave."

The fans haven’t been given a choice - they are just going to watch a football match where the national anthem is being forced on them.

So it’ll be their freedom of speech to show support or not.

Damned by something they’ve not asked to be part of.

K

By *enrythe8thMan  over a year ago

worthing

Not that I know a lot...

But..:

I’ve always mocked the royal family when people say how hard they work when they live a 10 star life style...

And when the women who have a child have servants and god know how many nannies and then say “ oh she is such a good mum”

And yes it pisses me off how much money they spend at our expense...

But..::

A lady at work said to me today as I said I’m not really interested in it...

It’s possibly a once in a lifetime event after the queen dying...

It’s part of the history of the modern world and all nationalities and all walks of life and religions regardless of creed or colour young or old should learn from it....

For such a small place like the British isles

We are a very powerful place on the world map..

People can grissle and moan about it but a lot of people have come to this country from around the world to have a better life and risk there lives to get here still...

If the structure based on the royal family wasn’t there would we just be like Eastern Europe or Africa for example where there’s been wars for god knows how long and it never seems to end..

Anyway...

We should all be proud to be British and enjoy a great historical event...

And if you don’t like it!?

Suck it up...

Because the royal family has made the world a better place for all of us...

chester

"£100 million it’s costing us for a WEF shill to wear a ridiculously overpriced hat and continue to live in extreme luxury while we the great unwashed starve,freeze(in winter),live colder,poorer more stressful lives struggling to make ends meet…….Anyone who supports this travesty is insulting and a traitor to the British people.whose it costing though? Haven't seen any money leave my bank account. There's about 65 million people live in the UK so roughly £4 each "

Money spent better like feeding our homeless putting our own people in hotels free energy for the elderly and vulnerable not so some jumped up big eared sausage fingered billionaire who’s never had to think about a bill can sit on a chair and wear a crown…..and the real sickner is all the doe eyed people waving a little flag cheering their own demise into digital servitude…….I hope he goes the same as the previous King Charles’s

"£100 million it’s costing us for a WEF shill to wear a ridiculously overpriced hat and continue to live in extreme luxury while we the great unwashed starve,freeze(in winter),live colder,poorer more stressful lives struggling to make ends meet…….Anyone who supports this travesty is insulting and a traitor to the British people.whose it costing though? Haven't seen any money leave my bank account. There's about 65 million people live in the UK so roughly £4 each

Money spent better like feeding our homeless putting our own people in hotels free energy for the elderly and vulnerable not so some jumped up big eared sausage fingered billionaire who’s never had to think about a bill can sit on a chair and wear a crown…..and the real sickner is all the doe eyed people waving a little flag cheering their own demise into digital servitude…….I hope he goes the same as the previous King Charles’s"

I hope he doesn't

Still no US president attended any coronation. I'll will tell you why. We do not bow to a fucking king Remember 1776? I do historically

By *929Man  over a year ago

newcastle

Apparently Charles won’t even squeeze his own toothpaste onto his toothbrush ffs. fucking lazy pampered useless cunt

chester

"Not that I know a lot...

But..:

I’ve always mocked the royal family when people say how hard they work when they live a 10 star life style...

And when the women who have a child have servants and god know how many nannies and then say “ oh she is such a good mum”

And yes it pisses me off how much money they spend at our expense...

But..::

A lady at work said to me today as I said I’m not really interested in it...

It’s possibly a once in a lifetime event after the queen dying...

It’s part of the history of the modern world and all nationalities and all walks of life and religions regardless of creed or colour young or old should learn from it....

For such a small place like the British isles

We are a very powerful place on the world map..

People can grissle and moan about it but a lot of people have come to this country from around the world to have a better life and risk there lives to get here still...

If the structure based on the royal family wasn’t there would we just be like Eastern Europe or Africa for example where there’s been wars for god knows how long and it never seems to end..

Anyway...

We should all be proud to be British and enjoy a great historical event...

And if you don’t like it!?

Suck it up...

Because the royal family has made the world a better place for all of us..."

“we just be like Eastern Europe or Africa”Well she got that right ……..we’ve got most of them here

worthing

Totally agree with your views...

But look at the structure of the country on a whole...

I’m a single white English male...

Can’t get a bean out of the social or any help with bills etc...

I’m lower than a dog.. Hahahaha

But look at all the people who do get help...

Most could work but can’t be arsed and the social give them to much money...

Right or wrong sometimes the structure compared to probably 98% of the world is brilliant...

Where in the world can you walk into a hospital and get free help..

Get food for free..

Etc etc etc..

worthing

Hi to I guess an American lady..::

Without the British influence in America on that date.....

America wouldn’t exist...

America has a very short history..

"Hi to I guess an American lady..::

Without the British influence in America on that date.....

America wouldn’t exist...

America has a very short history..

You do realize Christopher Columbus was Italian . Not British?

"

By *j202293Man  over a year ago

South Wales

Gladly support the coronation, but he’s no King of Wales.

By *amantha_JadeWoman  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Apparently Charles won’t even squeeze his own toothpaste onto his toothbrush ffs. fucking lazy pampered useless cunt "

Have you seen his sausage fingers?! He’s probably not dexterous enough to manage a toothpaste tube

worthing

Yes I’m know my history...

I was just having a chat with you regarding your post...

Different countries in history have had there moments.:.

Spanish

Dutch

Portuguese

Alexandra the great

Vikings

Romans

Egyptians

Myans

Etc etc...

We are all a mix of all of them

By *929Man  over a year ago

newcastle

"Apparently Charles won’t even squeeze his own toothpaste onto his toothbrush ffs. fucking lazy pampered useless cunt

Have you seen his sausage fingers?! He’s probably not dexterous enough to manage a toothpaste tube "

Haha holy shit I just googled them after seeing this your right I can imagine it’s a struggle haha

By *estarossa.Woman  over a year ago

Flagrante

I think its an obscene waste of money.

If Charles truly wanted to modernise things, he could have started by paying inheritance tax and his own money used for this.

You can bet that it would have been less extravagant then.

By *ittle Miss BipolarWoman  over a year ago

Up My Own Arse Apparently

Has absolutely zero impact on my life or the lives of the people I care about so couldn't give a flying f##k to be perfectly honest.

By *amantha_JadeWoman  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Apparently Charles won’t even squeeze his own toothpaste onto his toothbrush ffs. fucking lazy pampered useless cunt

Have you seen his sausage fingers?! He’s probably not dexterous enough to manage a toothpaste tube

Haha holy shit I just googled them after seeing this your right I can imagine it’s a struggle haha "

Haha told you

Absolutely ridiculous, obscene, unnecessary and laughable. But I'll still watch it with my monarchy loving dad whose defense of it is, "Awk sure its a nice thing to have."

here

" We should all be proud to be British and enjoy a great historical event... "

This

By *asycouple1971Couple  over a year ago

midlands

Avoiding it as working.

Might watch the next one in a few years time.

Cant stand the Royals and the thought of 250m+ is going on this.

By *uietlycheekyMan  over a year ago

aberdeen

Rather s**t in my hands and clap that endure watching that

GSTK

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"

God Save The King

A

Agree completely. I used to be a staunch monarchist but the current state (no pun intended) of affairs has caused me to reassess my position.

It seems I’m not alone as I’ve read hundreds of posts over the past two weeks. I think the next 10-15 years are a good time to consider the relevance of the monarchy "

Of all the problems this country has... Im not sure the monarchy is in the top 20...

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Love it all

It's very Interesting watching all the military processions and the all the different people arriving, that this coronation does mean a lot to.

I get some people dont like it, but the anger level really is truly eye opening

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

Working today and Monday.

I hope people have a nice day, but I simply can’t support or take an interest in an institution that elevates people to such an exalted status based on the vagina they happen to be fired out of.

They are the Saxe-Coburg-Gothas from Germany (nothing wrong with that) - a dynasty that’s a relic of another time. That’s before we get on to the extremely murky financial affairs, dubious morals, the shameful denial of the existence of disabled offspring (who died relatively recently) etc, etc, etc.

To be honest, I find it mystifying, depressing and repugnant that the UK remains so riven by class and deferential to people who aren’t where they are by merit.

It’s not North Korea, and it’s important that views that challenge the state and status-quo are heard. In that spirit, I take on board what those who feel differently say, and I hope the Royalists amongst us enjoy their day

"Love it all

It's very Interesting watching all the military processions and the all the different people arriving, that this coronation does mean a lot to.

I get some people dont like it, but the anger level really is truly eye opening "

The anger level at the Queen's funeral shocked me more.

By *idnight RamblerMan  over a year ago

Pershore

I don't want some sleazeball El Presidente who goes and elects himself/herself for a life term and imprisons political enemies. We should be grateful for what we have - not perfect, but it works.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"Love it all

I get some people dont like it, but the anger level really is truly eye opening "

I have noticed this also.

I think maybe some people have underlying issues of which they are in denial.

It’s convenient to have a target for deflection.

By *arleyfatboy2019Couple  over a year ago

Devon

God save the king

Is Andrew gonna be there or is he stayin at home minding the kids???

West Wales and Cardiff

"Love it all

It’s convenient to have a target for deflection. "

I think lots of Republicans would equally argue that a lot of people who are monarchists have deep-rooted issues too. We can both play that game .

I’ve also heard massive intolerance and rudeness from monarchists too. We both play that game too.

However, I do hope you have a lovely day watching it

By *aekaeWoman  over a year ago

Between a cock and a soft place

It's the only British coronation I'll see in my lifetime.

God save the King.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"Love it all

I think lots of Republicans would equally argue that a lot of people who are monarchists have deep-rooted issues too. We can both play that game .

I’ve also heard massive intolerance and rudeness from monarchists too. We both play that game too.

However, I do hope you have a lovely day watching it "

Oh I won’t be watching it I’m working.

I have no particular interest in it but don’t have a hatred either.

I have read your previous post and would not describe you as having a ‘hatred’ , most people don’t, they may have ‘objections’ but the two are different.

My comment was regarding some of the vehemently hateful remarks.

I also recognise that there is maybe views the other way also but they don’t tend to contain the same level of animosity

God Save The King

"

What has God got to do with it?

Completely ignoring it

By *ornyone30Man  over a year ago

ABERDEEN

Allegiance withheld, down with the crown, end London rule.

Newcastle

"It's the only British coronation I'll see in my lifetime.

God save the King."

He couldn't even save Andrew

God Save The King

What has God got to do with it?"

King Charles is head of the Church.

God save the King.

He couldn't even save Andrew "

Andrew wasn't King.

"

Isn't it?!

I'm not particularly bothered either way but jeeez some people.

Newcastle

God save the King.

Andrew wasn't King. "

Oh. So you need to be a king before you can be saved but he's sinned committing the act of adultery marriage vows

West Wales and Cardiff

"Love it all

However, I do hope you have a lovely day watching it

Oh I won’t be watching it I’m working.

I have no particular interest in it but don’t have a hatred either.

I have read your previous post and would not describe you as having a ‘hatred’ , most people don’t, they may have ‘objections’ but the two are different.

My comment was regarding some of the vehemently hateful remarks.

I also recognise that there is maybe views the other way also but they don’t tend to contain the same level of animosity "

Well, I’d disagree on the last bit. I have a “posh” side of the family in the home counties who are fiercely royalist. I’ve had 50 years of them sneering at anyone who is a bit different to them on that subject (and many others).

Anyway, off to work we go .

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

I hate the monarchy and everything it stands for

By *amdenfunMan  over a year ago

London

"

Isn't it?!

I'm not particularly bothered either way but jeeez some people. "

Nice to have a strong view or two, isn’t it?

London

God Save The King

What has God got to do with it?"

I think it’s a lyric.

"

Isn't it?!

Nice to have a strong view or two, isn’t it?"

About things in my actual life then yes, about people I'm never gonna meet and have no impact on my day to day life?

Newcastle

"

Isn't it?!

About things in my actual life then yes, about people I'm never gonna meet and have no impact on my day to day life? "

It's just another day in paradise

London

"

Isn't it?!

About things in my actual life then yes, about people I'm never gonna meet and have no impact on my day to day life? "

Except living in a regime with which one disagrees, paying taxes to support them, and having them monitor our legislation before it’s passed… no impact at all.

By *erence IIMan  over a year ago

Irrelevant

"Love it all

The anger level at the Queen's funeral shocked me more. "

You only need to look at various conflicts around the world where people bomb and torture and maim each other over utterly inconsequential shit to understand that, despite our protestations to the contrary, we are a species full of irrational, intolerant cunts. When you catch yourself wishing death on someone for whatever reason you really should sit down in a quiet corner and reassess your morals.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I see they got into the not my king protests early. Had all their signs away and the organisers arrested.

Good day to sell stationery in Central London. All those republicans need going to have to make their own placards and quick.

By *xhib12Man  over a year ago

Blyth

"Love it all

The anger level at the Queen's funeral shocked me more.

You only need to look at various conflicts around the world where people bomb and torture and maim each other over utterly inconsequential shit to understand that, despite our protestations to the contrary, we are a species full of irrational, intolerant cunts. When you catch yourself wishing death on someone for whatever reason you really should sit down in a quiet corner and reassess your morals. "

very well put.

London

"I see they got into the not my king protests early. Had all their signs away and the organisers arrested.

Good day to sell stationery in Central London. All those republicans need going to have to make their own placards and quick. "

Takes me back to the protests in Russia against the war.

"

Isn't it?!

About things in my actual life then yes, about people I'm never gonna meet and have no impact on my day to day life?

Except living in a regime with which one disagrees, paying taxes to support them, and having them monitor our legislation before it’s passed… no impact at all. "

We live in a regime? Huh.

Bexley

"

Except living in a regime with which one disagrees, paying taxes to support them, and having them monitor our legislation before it’s passed… no impact at all.

We live in a regime? Huh."

Doesn't the 'reg' in regime have something etymologically to do with kings?

"

Doesn't the 'reg' in regime have something etymologically to do with kings?"

I really don't care enough to argue.

I get a day off work.

All hail the king!!!!

Not everyday ye get to celebrate a shower of murderers and paedos. Enjoy

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Bloody hell. Life must be so fun for all you angry people. I’m off to get my red white and blue on and party. Love it. So lovely to see all the kids having their picnics yesterday and having so much fun and the communities coming together to celebrate.

London

"

I get a day off work.

All hail the king!!!!

"

I get a day less pay, and an extra day looking after kids.

"

I get a day off work.

All hail the king!!!!

I get a day less pay, and an extra day looking after kids. "

Tough to be you!

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Bread and circuses, but we can't afford the bread because the clowns got paid too much.

By *ansoffateMan  over a year ago

Sagittarius A

I see it a bit like when people get obsessed with soap operas.

I feel absolutely no affinity with the monarchy whatsoever.

If you want a sense of community, get involved in something in your community? Because you aren't in theirs.

Just got into bed after nights, hopefully it'll all be done and dusted by the time I wake up. Night all.

By *yes146Man  over a year ago

London / Bournemouth

God Save the King.

Northampton

"happy for the lot of them"

Love how patriotic you are bud.

"£100 million it’s costing us for a WEF shill to wear a ridiculously overpriced hat and continue to live in extreme luxury while we the great unwashed starve,freeze(in winter),live colder,poorer more stressful lives struggling to make ends meet…….Anyone who supports this travesty is insulting and a traitor to the British people.

Bread and circuses, but we can't afford the bread because the clowns got paid too much."

You know, my life is my responsibility not anyone else's. As is yours.

Would anyone actually want to be in the royal family? I sure as hell wouldn't.

I neither agree or disagree with them. But I do know it's things like today and the jubilee and other stuff that I can't quite remember that is actually quite enjoyable for most people. A time to get together with friends/family and stop being moaning miserable twats and smile! Yes even me.

I don't even like Charles, I'm all for Harry being king. Now there's a ginger I'd happily do.

Now pass me the Pimm's!

Wasn’t so terrible when it was the Royals ordering executions but hey ho

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Couldn't give a flying fuck, no TV/radio on today.

Got better things to do than watch that charade.

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Let's not forget the historical bloodbaths that led to them owning all their land and riches.

Doff your caps and be grateful you live under their rule.

Northampton

"Doff your caps"

Good idea, will do mate, cheers.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I've logged in to watch along with you, OP.

It's good to see the range of comments - it's what makes the forum worth the occasional visit.

The soggy procession begins...

Why do they not clean up the horse shite before the carriage comes along? Especially if it’s been there a while.

"Why do they not clean up the horse shite before the carriage comes along? Especially if it’s been there a while."

As a reminder that in everything there's always a bit of shite?

"Why do they not clean up the horse shite before the carriage comes along? Especially if it’s been there a while.

As a reminder that in everything there's always a bit of shite?

"

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

A few nervous horses. I bet their riders are sweating a bit!

here

"I've logged in to watch along with you, OP.

It's good to see the range of comments - it's what makes the forum worth the occasional visit.

The soggy procession begins..."

Nice to see you here

I don’t know why. It’s always the horses and the horse shite I notice during these royal events

"A few nervous horses. I bet their riders are sweating a bit! "

I heard the rehearsal went well, but it wasn't raining then and only the hardy 'stake my spot a week ahead' people for crowds.

"I don’t know why. It’s always the horses and the horse shite I notice during these royal events "

The horses are gorgeous, but a lot of them and not afraid or ashamed of their natural bodily functions.

I love that the Princess Royal has dressed to jump on a horse after the Coronation.

God save the King.

Andrew wasn't King.

Oh. So you need to be a king before you can be saved but he's sinned committing the act of adultery marriage vows "

The comment was "God save the King"

You said, "he couldn't save Andrew"

Andrew wasn't King.

Northampton

"Not everyday ye get to celebrate. Enjoy "

Perfectly put, thanks mate.

Indifferent to the whole monarchy thing really but if I start to think about the fact that some people are apparently born better than me I could get more anti.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

"Indifferent to the whole monarchy thing really but if I start to think about the fact that some people are apparently born better than me I could get more anti. "

Who says they're better than you?

I’m watching to see if Louie gets bored and starts pulling faces

By *orbidden eastMan  over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

I think is the best time to go out to the shops

East London

Love little Louie, that kid has mischief written all over his face.

here

I was glad - Hubert Parry

Glorious !

Welling up already

East London

"I think is the best time to go out to the shops"

My sister just said that, as she's meeting friends for coffee.

I told her nothing will be open

No Latin equivalent for Camilla for the Vivat.

Tv off . Circus act

Northampton

"It's freedom of expression. Just keep doffing your cap and GSTK."

You’re a legend.

by the big field

"Let's not forget the historical bloodbaths that led to them owning all their land and riches.

Doff your caps and be grateful you live under their rule."

Well the ones who tried to peacefully protest at the existence of the monarchy have been arrested with little reason or explanation of what for before they even started- what a wonderful democracy this Kingdom is #tugsforelock

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

Bless him, he looks nervous and emotional.

North Bucks

Whether you agree with it or not. It’s a beautiful spectacle very colourful.

By *ichaelangelaCouple  over a year ago

notts

It's the Anointing bit that concerns me.

The Archbishop anoints with oil the head, hands and breast of the incoming Monarch's.

Can you imagine hving to rub oil into Camilla's breast?? ewww

People keep saying it brings the country together but for me it just shows the gap between the rich and poor even more. After the years we have had, it's just bad taste in my opinion.

Great Britain

LOVE IT or LEAVE IT

GOD SAVE THE KING !

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

My person of the match so far is penny mourdant… my god she is doing a cracking job holding that sword.. my arm would be knackered by now….

here

"My person of the match so far is penny mourdant… my god she is doing a cracking job holding that sword.. my arm would be knackered by now…. "

By *ikesEmBigMan  over a year ago

Herts

I just hope these royalist remain silent when moaning about the cost of living and other related problems the lack of money brings

If he'd paid for it then I doubt they'd be much of an issue.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"My person of the match so far is penny mourdant… my god she is doing a cracking job holding that sword.. my arm would be knackered by now…. "

I just said I hope she's been doing some upper body strengthening. My arms would be shaking by now .

Newcastle and Gateshead

Okay…. So does he really need to be here…. Does this mean SKS gets equal time…

The historical context will look at this as the first where women have had such prominent roles.

Traditionally, there was a particular boys choir used for coronations. They were told this is the first time they won't sing to give other choirs the opportunity to include girls.

Elizabethans to Caroleans.

King Charles has had the longest apprenticeship.

By *arcteggMan  over a year ago

grays

My one take away ,so far , is the display of the Union Jack. Personally It opens up a lot of questions in me , it feels it takes a royal event to see our national flag displayed by everyone proudly.

Over the past few years I have started to dislike our country and it bothers me . I look at the USA with a sense of jealousy that a nation shows heart bursting pride.Even Immigrants embrace the flag immediately, not something I see in this country . The USA has a horrendous history of treating blacks ! Still has ! U.K. had a horrendous history of racism but has slowly turned that negative racism to a better place . So suggestions of our ‘British empire’ heritage depicted in all its sordid glory-by the flag is surely unfounded .

I guess in the end it’s what does the national flag stand for now ?

As for the royal family …there was that time that Harry and William propelled the royals to a more modern approach to the population and it breathed excitement culminating In a wonderful wedding that showed a fun personality.

Unfortunately this has declined with the deaths of the queen and Phillip , the saga of Harry and the disappointment of Andrew.

Do we really need them ? Judging by the outpouring of peopke lining the streets suggests we do , although this could be a population desperate to party and smile or feel a sense of love for our country .

Newcastle and Gateshead

Also… the “monks spot” on the choirmasters head is distracting me… the glare!!!

You thought he may have gone with a combover for the special day!

Newcastle and Gateshead

Ooh… an ethnic spot…. Don’t mess this up!!! They are talking a long run up.. don’t mess up the landing!!!

North Bucks

They sure know how to harmonise.

Newcastle and Gateshead

Stuck the landing!!!! Now wait for them to sing the classic “I found lovin “

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"They sure know how to harmonise. "

Beautiful wasn't it!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Stuck the landing!!!! Now wait for them to sing the classic “I found lovin “ "

I felt a few people wanted to break into a round of applause for that

here

"Stuck the landing!!!! Now wait for them to sing the classic “I found lovin “

I felt a few people wanted to break into a round of applause for that "

Lots of joy and smiles all around - magic !

By *ikesEmBigMan  over a year ago

Herts

Why

Newcastle and Gateshead

I reckon the AB of C should be following that with a bit of grime… next up … stormzy

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Why"

Because it was an excellent performance

By *acavityMan  over a year ago

Redditch

"For most people its once in lifetime event

If people enjoy it all the better

Not for me though

Working and no interest whatsoever

"

Once in a lifetime?

Not wishing Charles III ill, but we'll probably have another one in the next 25 years, and I hope I'm still around

Must admit I’m bored now. Wonder if Louie is ready to cause havoc yet

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I reckon the AB of C should be following that with a bit of grime… next up … stormzy "

bringing the coronation into the 21st century

"My one take away ,so far , is the display of the Union Jack. Personally It opens up a lot of questions in me , it feels it takes a royal event to see our national flag displayed by everyone proudly.

Over the past few years I have started to dislike our country and it bothers me . I look at the USA with a sense of jealousy that a nation shows heart bursting pride.Even Immigrants embrace the flag immediately, not something I see in this country . The USA has a horrendous history of treating blacks ! Still has ! U.K. had a horrendous history of racism but has slowly turned that negative racism to a better place . So suggestions of our ‘British empire’ heritage depicted in all its sordid glory-by the flag is surely unfounded .

As for the royal family …there was that time that Harry and William propelled the royals to a more modern approach to the population and it breathed excitement culminating In a wonderful wedding that showed a fun personality.

Unfortunately this has declined with the deaths of the queen and Phillip , the saga of Harry and the disappointment of Andrew.

Do we really need them ? Judging by the outpouring of peopke lining the streets suggests we do , although this could be a population desperate to party and smile or feel a sense of love for our country .

"

A country created by and for immigrants (at the expense of the indigenous people) offers a reason to pledge to the flag. The narrative of the American dream and their freedoms is as much a myth as their idea of equality and democracy. I observed the inculcation of shame for not showing pride in the flag, starting at nursery school. Classes start the day with the Pledge of Allegiance.

I'm glad our children are given more opportunity to think about their allegiance, but we have our own versions, and that is played out here with the rituals we observe.

Our flag is a contested thing. We see its parts at sporting events and on each nation's day. It feels like an uneasier alliance than at any other time of my life. The Coronation offers some strengthening of those alliances for some, but not all.

The world comes to big occasions, few other nations could say the same. 130 other nation's royals and Heads of States, and their partners, arrived over the last few days just for this. They did the same for the late Queen's funeral.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I suspect this display of wealth in a time of hardship, alongside the arrest of protestors, will only birth more republicans.

Bexley

"My one take away ,so far , is the display of the Union Jack. Personally It opens up a lot of questions in me , it feels it takes a royal event to see our national flag displayed by everyone proudly.

"

Don't worry too much about the Union Jack.

I have been out and about while all this was going on and have hardly seen any flags on premises and two on a single Range Rover.

With luck, flag waving is a dying ritual.

by the big field

A country created by and for immigrants (at the expense of the indigenous people) offers a reason to pledge to the flag. The narrative of the American dream and their freedoms is as much a myth as their idea of equality and democracy. I observed the inculcation of shame for not showing pride in the flag, starting at nursery school. Classes start the day with the Pledge of Allegiance.

"

Think the allegiance to the flag goes back to the civil war era, but is now more of a tool to indoctrinate and provide fresh cannon fodder for the military or try to force a certain political agenda. A compliant population that follows the hallowed icon blindly is easier to control and manipulate than a population that question everything

Some of the memes here are hilarious. "74 Year old man finally gets a job after living off his mother."

By *adCherriesCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire/Northwest

"I love my country, it’s people and it’s rich history. Tomorrow is a historical event that has been part of our countries history for over a 1000 years and that makes me proud to be British "

» Add a new message to this topic