FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Politics in the lounge

Politics in the lounge

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *obilebottom OP   Man  over a year ago

All over

I noticed that an increasingly large number of threads, especially click bait ones, are or soon become very political and ocassionally rather heated. There are certainly some individuals who thrive at expressing their strong and often misguided political leanings of whatever their colour. Should those not be in the politics section instead? Nothing wrong with a decent debate, unless steeped in extreme ideology and dogma and disrespect for others, but why in the lounge and why sometimes in threads that aren't even meant to be political rather than in the politics section? Anyone else has noticed that?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’ve noticed this too

They do get transferred over at some point

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

But that would also apply to "Rate my cock" or "What flavour semen?" type of threads.

I did a 'make-up and mascara' thread once in the Swingers section and got unceremoniously thrown out. Quite right too.

By *ersiantugMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

It seems there are dedicated fora, and a Lounge that is a bit of everything. I think if a mod thinks a thread is better off elsewhere they might move it. Too much thread movement could be a pain though.

I know on Fabguys if you are not into heavily-cooked gammon politics in particular it can be extremely uncomfortable over there at times. People can even gang up. FS used to be a lot lot better (as a forum in general, FG always had issues to begin with sadly) - I've not been here lately though. -pt

Best avoided unless you want a ban unfortunately

By *aucasian GhandiMan  over a year ago

from my dad's left nut (Warwick)

"I noticed that an increasingly large number of threads, especially click bait ones, are or soon become very political and ocassionally rather heated. There are certainly some individuals who thrive at expressing their strong and often misguided political leanings of whatever their colour. Should those not be in the politics section instead? Nothing wrong with a decent debate, unless steeped in extreme ideology and dogma and disrespect for others, but why in the lounge and why sometimes in threads that aren't even meant to be political rather than in the politics section? Anyone else has noticed that? "

It's ok we shall have a new cabinet before the nights out...hooray the hierarchy

Cardiff

"Best avoided unless you want a ban unfortunately "

This is probably good advice in terms of getting heated.

A lot of political comments these days are provocative by nature, so it might even be good advice not to 'look' if you feel like you could get a rise.--pt

By *enrietteandSamCouple  over a year ago

Staffordshire

I’ve reported this thread as it should be in the political forum.

All over

"I’ve reported this thread as it should be in the political forum."

Good for you

By *lexanderSupertrampMan  over a year ago

Gourock

"I’ve reported this thread as it should be in the political forum."

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"Best avoided unless you want a ban unfortunately

A lot of political comments these days are provocative by nature, so it might even be good advice not to 'look' if you feel like you could get a rise.--pt"

The problem with that approach is that they are not ‘political’ threads per se but become politicised by some posters, as a result you find yourself in a political thread unwittingly.

By *ister CMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Its always been like that here...

The cliques love it. They get to tag team people.

Subtract politics for a lot of workers really. Same outcome.

By *ansoffateMan  over a year ago

Sagittarius A

A lot of political comments these days are provocative by nature, so it might even be good advice not to 'look' if you feel like you could get a rise.--pt

The problem with that approach is that they are not ‘political’ threads per se but become politicised by some posters, as a result you find yourself in a political thread unwittingly.

"

Perhaps someone should ensure that only approved views are expressed. And those that aren't be deemed as hmm 'politically incorrect'?

Cardiff

Perhaps someone should ensure that only approved views are expressed. And those that aren't be deemed as hmm 'politically incorrect'?"

--It all depends how they are expressed doesn't it. ----pt

"Best avoided unless you want a ban unfortunately "

I read that as bum

By *enrietteandSamCouple  over a year ago

Staffordshire

I read that as bum "

I’ll give you a red bum.

Politics is life. It's surely impossible to remove it entirely from anywhere. And threads can and are moved when reported. That'll do IMO.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I read that as bum "

I could go for a bum right now *trying to keep it fun and not political *

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

Perhaps someone should ensure that only approved views are expressed. And those that aren't be deemed as hmm 'politically incorrect'?"

I don’t really understand your response.

I thought the thread was discussing people making political threads or threads being turned into political threads in the lounge, when they should be in the politics forum.

It has nothing to do with peoples views having to be approved, just keep them in the politics forum where people who want to discuss politics can do so to their heart’s content

By *BusterflapsMan  over a year ago

Scotland

"I’ve reported this thread as it should be in the political forum.

Good for you"

Going on that response, are you sure it's you're political leaning that people gang up on you for?

All over

Good for you

Going on that response, are you sure it's you're political leaning that people gang up on you for?

"

No idea what you are talking about as no-one mentioned about ganging up on anyone. Have a wonderful evening

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

Politics is everywhere. If a topic is current affairs eg strikes, cost of living, the failings of the Met, do they belong in the lounge or the politics section?

By *BusterflapsMan  over a year ago

Scotland

Good for you

No idea what you are talking about as no-one mentioned about ganging up on anyone. Have a wonderful evening "

Haha my bad, you didn't, but it was mentioned in the thread. Still tho, my point was more about the poor response to someone trying to lighten the mood on a glum topic

All over

"Politics is everywhere. If a topic is current affairs eg strikes, cost of living, the failings of the Met, do they belong in the lounge or the politics section?

"

You are absolutely right and I wonder myself. It's just when it becomes very political and sometimes unsavoury that I winder though perhaps I shouldn't

Trolls will be trolls.

All over

Good for you

No idea what you are talking about as no-one mentioned about ganging up on anyone. Have a wonderful evening

Haha my bad, you didn't, but it was mentioned in the thread. Still tho, my point was more about the poor response to someone trying to lighten the mood on a glum topic"

If that was the case then I apologise to those concerned. As for the topic I never intended it to be glum. I was expressing my surprise as to how threads become so politically extreme so quickly. Just my opinion

By *aucasian GhandiMan  over a year ago

from my dad's left nut (Warwick)

"I noticed that an increasingly large number of threads, especially click bait ones, are or soon become very political and ocassionally rather heated. There are certainly some individuals who thrive at expressing their strong and often misguided political leanings of whatever their colour. Should those not be in the politics section instead? Nothing wrong with a decent debate, unless steeped in extreme ideology and dogma and disrespect for others, but why in the lounge and why sometimes in threads that aren't even meant to be political rather than in the politics section? Anyone else has noticed that? "

You can choose to ignore these and move on

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

because everything in life is political...... people are political.

» Add a new message to this topic