FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The Secret Eulogy

The Secret Eulogy

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *icketysplits OP   Woman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

A eulogy demands praise, it's in the name. Isn't it too one dimensional? Even with examples from the life it's still all the public good bits.

I had to write my Dad's in a bit of a rush and it didn't feel authentic. I'm now writing a secret one, with some of criticism and the praise. It has made me think about what bits of criticism my family might include in their eulogy for me.

They may call me dogmatic alongside praising my love of the pooch.

They may call me self-centred alongside praising my generosity.

What might you have included in a loved one's eulogy, if it was acceptable, or might be said about you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lynJMan  over a year ago

Morden

I wrote two eulogies for my beloved and delivered both of them. One at her funeral and one at a memorial service (not everyone who wanted to could travel to the funeral).

I covered our lives together, including the ups and downs, the things she had achieved and things she was looking forward to.

At her funeral, her younger sister covered their time together growing up and touched on the cause of her death.

Today is a bit weird anyway, it's a year ago today that she died.

By *icketysplits OP   Woman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"I wrote two eulogies for my beloved and delivered both of them. One at her funeral and one at a memorial service (not everyone who wanted to could travel to the funeral).

I covered our lives together, including the ups and downs, the things she had achieved and things she was looking forward to.

At her funeral, her younger sister covered their time together growing up and touched on the cause of her death.

Today is a bit weird anyway, it's a year ago today that she died. "

I hope you have been able to have a day of good memories and taking care of yourself.

By *lynJMan  over a year ago

Morden

"I wrote two eulogies for my beloved and delivered both of them. One at her funeral and one at a memorial service (not everyone who wanted to could travel to the funeral).

Today is a bit weird anyway, it's a year ago today that she died.

I hope you have been able to have a day of good memories and taking care of yourself.

"

I did thanks. Lots of tears too though.

» Add a new message to this topic