FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Ghosting

Ghosting

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Researchers claim that there are two types of ghosting and only one has been explored. The first one is the ghosting of potential partners which is well documented.

The second is where you ghost long term friends. Researchers clame that the latter type of person who ghosts friends is more prone to depression, regret and low self esteem. Have you been ghosted or been the ghoster

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ir SupremacyMan  over a year ago

Bolton

There is a helpline for it now ......who you gonna call....Ghostbusters x

By *ustauseerTV/TS  over a year ago

sedgemoor

ghosting is normally because people don't have the communication skills to say 'no'

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I've ghosted people and this is the reason why.I have depression, anxiety and bipolar. I shut myself away and won't see or speak to anyone. It can be for different lengths of time.

Luckily my close friends accept this they've been my friends for over 35 years and accept its a part of me. When I come back out of it they treat me like I've never been gone.

On here I just vanish.Dont tell anyone I'm going I just dissappear. It can be anything from a week to months.

I don't agree with the first definition I don't think you can ghost someone you don't know. Things just fizzle out. It's seems nowadays people shout the word ghosted to easily

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ghosted friends over the years, depression takes hold and you just vanish from sight and drop outside connections

Ghosting someone you don't know isn't ghosting tbf

Yep it’s not nice to be on the receiving end, no answers etc but you just have to accept they no longer wanted to know you

By *tooveMan  over a year ago

belfast

Mumsnet nonsense

By *rystal DreamtimeTV/TS  over a year ago

horsham

Going through it right now , 3 and a half year relationship.

It’s a big deal . Parts of me know she’s hurting , but there’s not much I can do which leaves me feeling useless . Which is not fair on her , because really she needs my support. It’s a kinda catch 22 situation ... I love her and want her .. but I also know I’m partly the problem ...

I sometimes think I should stay away . Other times I don’t think that at all .. Confusion seems to be the only thing that’s left ...

I would definitely and gratefully accept any advice ...

By *airyboxMan  over a year ago

sheffield

Absolutely my problem too. Either accept me as I am or don’t. I’d love to be the same as more normal people but for me this is normal

It's all over the WoooOOOoOOOoOOOoooOOOoos

"Researchers claim that there are two types of ghosting and only one has been explored. The first one is the ghosting of potential partners which is well documented.

The second is where you ghost long term friends. Researchers clame that the latter type of person who ghosts friends is more prone to depression, regret and low self esteem. Have you been ghosted or been the ghoster"

I have. And I fear it is from depression.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

All of the long term friends, I have been ghosted by on here, was because of their mental health.

Nowadays I just don't let them in too deep, less painful to keep them at arms length and be a "social" friend only

By *os_GoddessofdawnWoman  over a year ago

In the clouds

Both... its just effort sometimes and you've got to protect your mental health..

By *4bimMan  over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

I move on quickly.

Someone will do something or say something (like on the forum) and straight away I stop all communication.

I'm like this in life and it has cost me some friends and possibly great rewarding friendships but I come first.

So i protect myself from these types of people who always bring you down and see the worst in everything.

How can you continue to be happy when you know what they are saying or thinking?

Protect your bubble only let the best for you in it.

God bless

» Add a new message to this topic