FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The Coronation

The Coronation

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lder A Wiser Passion OP   Woman  over a year ago

morecambe

A week to go folk/ Who like me feel's that all this is really odd

The Queen wouldn't die 96 felt she be here for ever. She never brought shame on us. Not like the rest of the wanker's

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

They haven't brought shame on me, only themselves.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's the way of things. People leave their roles and are replaced.

It's irrelevant to me.

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

Charlie boy and Camilla lol

By *he Gentleman 84Man  over a year ago

North East

Should have been passed down to William feel he is most liked by most bit of the royals everyday man, we all know Harry isn’t a royal he’s the offspring of that twit Hewitt!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Should have been passed down to William feel he is most liked by most bit of the royals everyday man, we all know Harry isn’t a royal he’s the offspring of that twit Hewitt! "

I don't know it, where did you get this information because claiming that someone has a different father is quite a revelation?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's embarrassing that such extremely wealthy people, gaining £millions every year from us, at a time when millions grow ever poorer, are forcing us to pay £100 million to fund his coronation. He's already king. This should be the last ever time that such an abuse is tolerated

By *im RoyleCouple  over a year ago

chester

"Should have been passed down to William feel he is most liked by most bit of the royals everyday man, we all know Harry isn’t a royal he’s the offspring of that twit Hewitt!

I don't know it, where did you get this information because claiming that someone has a different father is quite a revelation?"

Ignoring the heir line quite new too!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"It's embarrassing that such extremely wealthy people, gaining £millions every year from us, at a time when millions grow ever poorer, are forcing us to pay £100 million to fund his coronation. He's already king. This should be the last ever time that such an abuse is tolerated "

I raise an eyebrow every time I see or hear that we're being encouraged to volunteer on the bank holiday Monday. The irony has not escaped me

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Should have been passed down to William feel he is most liked by most bit of the royals everyday man, we all know Harry isn’t a royal he’s the offspring of that twit Hewitt!

I don't know it, where did you get this information because claiming that someone has a different father is quite a revelation?

Ignoring the heir line quite new too!"

Lots of people have said they think William should take over without realising that Charles would have to abdicate

By *he Gentleman 84Man  over a year ago

North East

Technically Charles should have passed it up he’s divorced that’s why Edward previously abdicated!

chester

"Technically Charles should have passed it up he’s divorced that’s why Edward previously abdicated! "

Yet Henry the 8th based whole CofE on getting divorced?

chester

Ignoring the heir line quite new too!

Lots of people have said they think William should take over without realising that Charles would have to abdicate"

Lots of people are…erm….

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"It's embarrassing that such extremely wealthy people, gaining £millions every year from us, at a time when millions grow ever poorer, are forcing us to pay £100 million to fund his coronation. He's already king. This should be the last ever time that such an abuse is tolerated "

The Daily Mirror today said costs have increased to £250 million because of added security

By *alirepublicMan  over a year ago

Newcastle, North East, UK

#NOTMYKING

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hopefully he’s treated the same way modern football managers are, if he’s not made a good impression in 3 months, he’s out and replaced.

I couldn’t give a monkeys whos out head of state. But not having a queen feels a bit weird.

By *asycouple1971Couple  over a year ago

midlands

Waste of money to stick a crown on someones head.

Hes already king, why go thru all that rubbish when alot of people are struggling?

I wont be watching.

Seeing all the Coronation theme crap in supermarkets when ppl cant afford the basic food.

By *ittyandtheboyCouple  over a year ago

Back of the bins.

Quite by accident, we’re on holiday out of the country, so we won’t have to witness any jingoistic Bullshit

By *wanseaguy68Man  over a year ago

Swansea

Hate the lot of the fuckers get rid

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

I think it is an obscene waste of money. Charkes is insanely rich, talks about modernising the monarchy and then expects the state to pick up the bill for what is effectively a vanity project all while half the country are living in poverty.

No other country with a monarchy endures this pompous ceremonial bullshit in the name of tradition.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Let's just hope the peasant staff don't have to arrange any pens.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Got my bunting ready! Just hope the sun shines x

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"Should have been passed down to William feel he is most liked by most bit of the royals everyday man, we all know Harry isn’t a royal he’s the offspring of that twit Hewitt! "

Nonsense! Harry looks just like Prince Philip at same age! X

By *ts the taking part thatMan  over a year ago

southampton

And they pay no inheritance tax either.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"Should have been passed down to William "

No. Charles needs to do 10 years before he passes it over to Wills. Let the kids have a childhood and at least be in Eton before they have to do that role.

"Waste of money to stick a crown on someones head.

Hes already king, why go thru all that rubbish when alot of people are struggling?

I wont be watching.

** Seeing all the Coronation theme crap in supermarkets when ppl cant afford the basic food. **

"

I've always been a bit of a royalist but really do feel Charles should have abdicated.

I do believe he may be the catalyst that ends the royals in this country and do fear for the tourism affect and the things that make Great Britain great.

By *enfold1972Man  over a year ago

dover

I'm working nights Friday and Saturday, so I'll be in bed asleep during the day and will miss the corronation

I wont be watching.

Seeing all the Coronation theme crap in supermarkets when ppl cant afford the basic food.

"

Rightly or wrongly it will boost the economy because millions of people will go out buying all this stuff. A lot of which will then up in the bin...

By *929Man  over a year ago

newcastle

Monarchy should have died with the queen. Outdated pile of shit where rich pampered cunts live a life of luxury on taxpayers money. People argue the tourism they bring more than outweighs this but not for anyone up here it don’t

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Charlie boy and Camilla lol "

Don't you mean camel toe

I’ve never understood why security for such an event is so costly - it can’t be right. The daily wage for paying troops, soldiers, police, guards, upkeep of horses, firearms etc etc can’t be that great just for one day?

On the other hand - if that daily wage would be paid to them anyway (assuming they have a day off in lieu of working a Saturday) then surely security for the Coronation isn’t going to cost anything?

Leeds

" People argue the tourism they bring more than outweighs this but not for anyone up here it don’t "

France gets more tourists than us and they don't have a monarchy

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

[Removed by poster at 30/04/23 08:45:52]

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

" People argue the tourism they bring more than outweighs this but not for anyone up here it don’t

France gets more tourists than us and they don't have a monarchy"

Plus with them not squatting in them they could open up all the palaces as tourist attractions full time anyway.

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"Quite by accident, we’re on holiday out of the country, so we won’t have to witness any jingoistic Bullshit "

Please take me with you

Leeds

Who will be making the official Coronation Quiche ?

By *rtic explorerMan  over a year ago

ring road bristol

Time to become a republic and remove the royals

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Who will be making the official Coronation Quiche ? "

I don't like quiche so, no.

I wont be watching.

Rightly or wrongly it will boost the economy because millions of people will go out buying all this stuff. A lot of which will then up in the bin... "

People buying tat from supermarkets who pay their staff such low wages many have to also claim benefits will in no way boost the economy. Companies thst make multi million profits will simply make a slightly bigger profit

Manchester (she/her)

I wont be watching.

Rightly or wrongly it will boost the economy because millions of people will go out buying all this stuff. A lot of which will then up in the bin...

People buying tat from supermarkets who pay their staff such low wages many have to also claim benefits will in no way boost the economy. Companies thst make multi million profits will simply make a slightly bigger profit"

The rich will get richer and we'll be expected to grovel and be grateful.

" People argue the tourism they bring more than outweighs this but not for anyone up here it don’t

France gets more tourists than us and they don't have a monarchy"

And the Palace of Versailles gets more visitors than any royal attraction in Britain

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I wasn’t quite a Royalist when the queen was around but now I would happily be a republican.

Get rid I say. I will be going to my local events in the spirit of community and to see my friends but disapprove of this whole over costly shit show.

By *usie pTV/TS  over a year ago

taunton

fook the cost lets party any excuse will do.

By *ohn8210tCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

£100,000,000.00 for a coronation! Absolute Bargain! Think how much our country benefits from our Royal Family - like them or not.

This needs putting into perspective- HS2 spend this every day - yes everyday on a train track that will eventually not reach London with no stations on it !

Think how much £ 100,000,000.00 spent every day - yes every day on our hospitals, school’s communities etc etc for the next 5 years.

What a country we’d have then !

By *cunnylassCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

Mandy will be watching it on the telly and I'm just going to ignore it!

Mike

Manchester (she/her)

"£100,000,000.00 for a coronation! Absolute Bargain! Think how much our country benefits from our Royal Family - like them or not.

This needs putting into perspective- HS2 spend this every day - yes everyday on a train track that will eventually not reach London with no stations on it !

Think how much £ 100,000,000.00 spent every day - yes every day on our hospitals, school’s communities etc etc for the next 5 years.

What a country we’d have then !

"

Benefits of royalty.

Hmm. Let's see. Knowing our place like the worthless plebs we are? Having people less liable to the same scrutiny as the rest of us when they engage in politics or corruption? Celebrities? Big bills for rich people to do shit?

Yes, much benefit very wow.

Manchester (she/her)

In terms of things I think are worth £100 million, I place the coronation a few steps below setting bank notes on fire.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

How many will pledge allegiance to the king and crown by shouting "God save the King" when encouraged to do so by the Archbishop of Canterbury during the coronation?

This is apparently to show support for the monarch around the country and the world.

My personal opinion is that this will reinforce (along with being encouraged to volunteer) the opinion that the great unwashed should know their damn place and kow tow to their betters

Manchester (she/her)

"How many will pledge allegiance to the king and crown by shouting "God save the King" when encouraged to do so by the Archbishop of Canterbury during the coronation?

This is apparently to show support for the monarch around the country and the world.

My personal opinion is that this will reinforce (along with being encouraged to volunteer) the opinion that the great unwashed should know their damn place and kow tow to their betters "

I hope that it's made clear that those who do that are a subset of British society, and there are plenty of us who don't play along with it.

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

"How many will pledge allegiance to the king and crown by shouting "God save the King" when encouraged to do so by the Archbishop of Canterbury during the coronation?

My personal opinion is that this will reinforce (along with being encouraged to volunteer) the opinion that the great unwashed should know their damn place and kow tow to their betters "

Completely agree. This nonsense is all for the forelock-tuggers.

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Nonsense! Harry looks just like Prince Philip at same age! X"

I saw something on tv of Charles when he was younger and I could really see Harry in him.

By *hegirlwiththepeachtattooWoman  over a year ago

Apparently the wording involves us pledging allegiance to the king “and his heirs”…

Wiltshire and London

"I wasn’t quite a Royalist when the queen was around but now I would happily be a republican.

Get rid I say. I will be going to my local events in the spirit of community and to see my friends but disapprove of this whole over costly shit show. "

I won't be going to any of the related events. Just saying in public what you think of the whole shitshow could get you locked up - as happened to various people who shared their opinions just after QE2 shuffled off.

Honestly I think the royals and government are completely out of touch with public opinion which in the main appears to be at best disinterested and underwhelmed. I think they think it will be like the jubilee and are oblivious that was very much about the Queen (a mainstay in all our lives) and less about the royals.

This suggestion just feels like completely arrogance, are they expecting a 'clap for the NHS' moment with the country uniting in a show of support?

It's embarrassing

Leeds

I don't see the point of us saying in the allegiance "may the King live forever" when he obviously won't.

My personal opinion is that this will reinforce (along with being encouraged to volunteer) the opinion that the great unwashed should know their damn place and kow tow to their betters

Apparently the wording involves us pledging allegiance to the king “and his heirs”… "

I think it's a massive PR own goal. Doesn't fit with the 21st century at all.

Manchester (she/her)

Honestly I think the royals and government are completely out of touch with public opinion which in the main appears to be at best disinterested and underwhelmed. I think they think it will be like the jubilee and are oblivious that was very much about the Queen (a mainstay in all our lives) and less about the royals.

This suggestion just feels like completely arrogance, are they expecting a 'clap for the NHS' moment with the country uniting in a show of support?

It's embarrassing

"

I'm happy to clap for people as a symbol of gratitude for their work in a difficult time.

I'm not happy to show my support for... Someone who happens to have been born into immense privilege.

By *elvet RopeMan  over a year ago

by the big field

Must have missed the memo for the vote, so they can shove their forelock tugging in the attic of one of the many residences we pay for- The French have the right idea #vivalarepublic!

Paradise, Herts

Love it. Any excuse for a party and a get together

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

I've been somewhat of a Royalist all my life under Queen Elizabeth the 2nd but Charlie boy and Camilla don't cut it for me, i understand the need for pomp and ceremony for a worthy successor but that isn't King Charlie boy the 3rd

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I hope that it's made clear that those who do that are a subset of British society, and there are plenty of us who don't play along with it."

I doubt that. I suspect many will be caught up in the atmosphere of it all. It strikes me as medieval

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Apparently the wording involves us pledging allegiance to the king “and his heirs”… "

Yes, the monarchy must continue at all costs and this subliminal messaging helps

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

This surprised me when I read about it, all the talk was of a more modern approach with inclusion of other religions which I think is right for this time then they come out with the pledge nonsense which is more akin to a subservient population..

Manchester (she/her)

I hope that it's made clear that those who do that are a subset of British society, and there are plenty of us who don't play along with it.

I doubt that. I suspect many will be caught up in the atmosphere of it all. It strikes me as medieval "

If I were anywhere near it I'd probably dress all in black and turn my back.

Manchester (she/her)

This surprised me when I read about it, all the talk was of a more modern approach with inclusion of other religions which I think is right for this time then they come out with the pledge nonsense which is more akin to a subservient population.."

The most recent summary makes it sound like the Protestants are tolerating the rest of us because they have to.

I suppose it's further proof of how anachronistic it all is

Leeds

"

This surprised me when I read about it, all the talk was of a more modern approach with inclusion of other religions which I think is right for this time "

Representatives of other faiths will greet the new King but their words won't be broadcast to us as the Chief Rabbi will be observing Shabbat which prohibits the use of electricity, including microphones

Forum Mod

East Sussex

It's embarrassing

"

I suspect it's a propoganda exercise and a massive vanity project on King Charle's part. It has a touch of 'our dear leader' about it The actual ceremony is centuries old and I'm interested in that for its tradition and symbolism but even that is designed to reinforce the idea that the monarchy is untouchable.

I agree that the royal family are completely out of touch but I'm beginning to suspect that a lot of people actually like it that way

By *hegirlwiththepeachtattooWoman  over a year ago

It's embarrassing

"

I totally agree. Charles had the opportunity to get the public on side (to a degree), instead his behaviour is showing nothing but contempt and lack of understanding for the rest of us. There are so many things he could do differently paying for it himself, for a start. The way he’s carrying on he’s actually increasing the negative feelings towards the monarchy.

Manchester (she/her)

It's embarrassing

I suspect it's a propoganda exercise and a massive vanity project on King Charle's part. It has a touch of 'our dear leader' about it The actual ceremony is centuries old and I'm interested in that for its tradition and symbolism but even that is designed to reinforce the idea that the monarchy is untouchable.

I agree that the royal family are completely out of touch but I'm beginning to suspect that a lot of people actually like it that way"

It's interesting that he's talking about paring down and being more modern, and then all this serf shit is coming up.

Leeds

He became King as soon as the Queen died. Why do we need to waste so much money on a Coronation ?

It's embarrassing

I totally agree. Charles had the opportunity to get the public on side (to a degree), instead his behaviour is showing nothing but contempt and lack of understanding for the rest of us. There are so many things he could do differently paying for it himself, for a start. The way he’s carrying on he’s actually increasing the negative feelings towards the monarchy. "

This is very much my opinion, Charles has never been popular, if he'd paid for this (which he easily could given his obscene wealth) given the cost of living crisis od current social situation I think people would have brought in to it far more.

This does feel like a pisstake, people can't feed themselves and a king who wants to be seem ti e more responsible is lauding it over us

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"He became King as soon as the Queen died. Why do we need to waste so much money on a Coronation ?"

I think the coronation has as much to do with our standing globally as with the monarch himself.

Leeds

"He became King as soon as the Queen died. Why do we need to waste so much money on a Coronation ?

I think the coronation has as much to do with our standing globally as with the monarch himself. "

By *ohn8210tCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

[Removed by poster at 30/04/23 13:56:45]

Does anyone really believe he has control over all this? In terms of costs, same could be said about his mother's funeral, was there really a need for all that?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

" Does anyone really believe he has control over all this? In terms of costs, same could be said about his mother's funeral, was there really a need for all that?"

Yes, I do believe he has control over it.

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

I'm looking forward to the Coronation.†

By *lynJMan  over a year ago

Morden

"He became King as soon as the Queen died. Why do we need to waste so much money on a Coronation ?

I think the coronation has as much to do with our standing globally as with the monarch himself. "

Nowhere does pomp and ceremony like Great Britain. I don't think I will be watching (I might dip in and out) but I know it will be incredibly impressive. There might be some minor hiccoughs but nothing major will go wrong or be visible to the world at large.

"I'm looking forward to the Coronation.† "

Me too Nero

Having been a crown agent for over 30 years and still working in that field, I find myself surprisingly indifferent.

Well blow me down I thought it was this weekend.

Paradise, Herts

"I'm looking forward to the Coronation.†

Me too Nero "

Me three

We need to end this archaic system, it does nothing other than cost the taxpayer (I didn't see mention of how much inheritence tax they paid on the Queen). And today, we are asked to pledge alligence to the King and the Royal Family

As for the Queen; she stopped the Child Abuse stories about Mountbatten out of the British press

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Well I shall be watching it. A piece of history to pass in to my grandchildren.

I'm very much looking forward to it.

"I’ve never understood why security for such an event is so costly - it can’t be right. The daily wage for paying troops, soldiers, police, guards, upkeep of horses, firearms etc etc can’t be that great just for one day?

On the other hand - if that daily wage would be paid to them anyway (assuming they have a day off in lieu of working a Saturday) then surely security for the Coronation isn’t going to cost anything?

"

For the policing side of things, nearly all will be working overtime. Most having rest days cancelled.

Vehicle or coach hire to collect officers from all over London, transporting them to their alloted 'ground assigned', feeding them because its an anticipated extended tour of duty.

The rest of London still needs to be policed while the Coronation is happening.

Also the security of the route will have started weeks before the event.

Search teams checking sewers, manholes (giggle), lamp posts, BT/Electricity boxes, traffic signals.

Rooftops overlooking the route secured, and specially trained officers on overwatch.

Plain clothes officers mixing with the crowds.

Specialist Units on standby in case of any eventuality...CBRN, Protest teams etc etc.

The list goes on.

Re the military? You are right to an extent.

I know we used to get paid 23hrs and 59mins a day.(in military theory, there was no such time as 00:00hrs).

So no overtime pay for them.

But rehearsals will again have to have security, road closures...supplied by the police.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Technically Charles should have passed it up he’s divorced that’s why Edward previously abdicated! "

No, Edward abdicated because the Establishment didn't want him to marry Mrs Simpson. She was a divorcee. Edward had not previously been married before he married Wallis Simpson.

Why is anyone surprised by some royals behaviour? They are people after all lol

I don't think Charles will be on the throne too long, he may ruffle a few feathers too with the plans he has for scaling the family down etc. I weirdly like camilla too

"Well blow me down I thought it was this weekend. "

Well at least you haven't missed it, unless you don't mind of course...?

By *lynJMan  over a year ago

Morden

"Technically Charles should have passed it up he’s divorced that’s why Edward previously abdicated!

No, Edward abdicated because the Establishment didn't want him to marry Mrs Simpson. She was a divorcee. Edward had not previously been married before he married Wallis Simpson. "

And she was an American!

I wnt be watching this circus.

Wiltshire and London

There will probably only be one chance to miss a coronation during my lifetime.

I will be grabbing this chance with both hands.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Technically Charles should have passed it up he’s divorced that’s why Edward previously abdicated!

No, Edward abdicated because the Establishment didn't want him to marry Mrs Simpson. She was a divorcee. Edward had not previously been married before he married Wallis Simpson.

And she was an American!"

I think that was what annoyed everyone the most

By *ookie46Woman  over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

I shall be in London Coronation weekend with my daughter. We are both looking forward to it

Me too Nero

Me three "

And I have tickets for Gaurdians of the Galaxy 3 the night of the Coronation

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"I shall be in London Coronation weekend with my daughter. We are both looking forward to it "
I envy you. I was in London at the weekend and there were already on the mall.

I will be watching despite being in-between night shifts x

By *alirepublicMan  over a year ago

Newcastle, North East, UK

Abolish it. Rats

midlands

Avoiding it. Such bad taste when people are really struggling to eat and pay bills and you see 2 of the richest oaps in the World laughing and enjoying themselves with the richest family.

£250m for the cost of this. How long is he going to be King for? Then another £400m+ for William...takes the piss.

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

I find it a bit ironic that king Charles who has advocated being green. Is now having this lavish ceremony which doesn't come across as very environmentally friendly. How much plastic bunting is on its way to landfill after the weekend?

midlands

"I find it a bit ironic that king Charles who has advocated being green. Is now having this lavish ceremony which doesn't come across as very environmentally friendly. How much plastic bunting is on its way to landfill after the weekend? "

Can recycle the bunting for King William in a few years time, why throw it away?

By *ycanNightsMan  over a year ago

Workington

Viva la revolution...

£100m really wtf!

What are we getting for our bang?

By *JB1954Man  over a year ago

Reading

I think the coronation has as much to do with our standing globally as with the monarch himself.

Nowhere does pomp and ceremony like Great Britain. I don't think I will be watching (I might dip in and out) but I know it will be incredibly impressive. There might be some minor hiccoughs but nothing major will go wrong or be visible to the world at large. "

I would think nearly all Fab members would not have been alive to see the last coronation. I have only seen highlights on tv. This will be shown around the world .

My thought is that the late queen reigned for the amount of years she did . People were used to seeing her as Queen etc.

I do not wish to see this country change. This to a president . Some may say use prime minister?

Would people on Fab want say any leader of any political party to have the power a president has ?

Although King Charles has no real powers. He is just head of state.I made a comment on another post about the royal family .

I would not want their ‘job’. The reason like this week . My hobby is sea fishing. The weather , tides were ok for me to go Monday( yes i am retired) . If a royal working royal your life is planned for you. Do admit , they get to live in luxury , but would people on Fab want to go to open, meet people etc , which can be boring ?

So I would rather keep royal family

"I'm looking forward to the Coronation.† "

I'm going to watch it.. No flags tho

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

I would not want their ‘job’. The reason like this week . My hobby is sea fishing. The weather , tides were ok for me to go Monday( yes i am retired) . If a royal working royal your life is planned for you. Do admit , they get to live in luxury , but would people on Fab want to go to open, meet people etc , which can be boring ?

So I would rather keep royal family "

We're told that the monarch lives a life of 'service' to the country and is always on duty which to an extent is true. However they get free time and more of it than you are lead to believe. The queen had hobbies, horses and horse racing being one about which she was very knowledgeable, she was an excellent horse woman and very well read. King Charles has various hobbies and interests he pursues. These things takes

time and money.

I know their lives are planned to a large degree but don't imagine they're forever opening underground lines or attending to affairs of state with no free time. They also don't need to concern themselves with the day to day admin of life such as housework, cooking etc.

I used to get annoyed at the praise heaped on the queen because she was still working while my dad who was the same age as her was caring full time for my mum.

By *ommyTighMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Yawn!!! Yeah it’s true they don’t work like the rest of us but they ROYALTY - that’s their job!

Won’t watch the tv for a few days

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I've heard and seen way too much already. Parasites.

By *929Man  over a year ago

newcastle

"I've heard and seen way too much already. Parasites."

Agreed

By *essiCouple  over a year ago

suffolk

I'm going to watch it.. No flags tho "

» Add a new message to this topic