FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Here's to you...

Here's to you...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

As we are facing a month with 3 bank holidays in, I'd like to put a shout out to all of the peeps who wont be having the time off.

They wont be sat in a beer garden drinking away the weekend, theyll be serving you. They wont be going to the beach, they'll be serving you fish and chips and ice cream.

They wont be getting bloto and having accidents, theyll be the ones patching you up!

If you are lucky enough to be able to make the most of your 3 day weekends, just make sure that whatever you're doing, if someone serves you, be really nice to them. They would love to be in your shoes

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rickie-dickieMan  over a year ago

South Durham

Thanks, I'm not blue light but will be working the Bank Holidays. Stay safe everyone and have a good'n.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Most of the customers are appreciative, there are some arsehole who go out of their way to be dicks no matter how much you do.

Someone asked me yesterday did I have a great bank holiday weekend. After a 9hr shift Saturday and Monday, and 8hrs Sunday I wasn't sure what to say...especially seeing I'd served him his beer (well cider to be accurate) for a good chunk of the 9hr bank holiday Monday.

Same again this weekend

Just done my bank holiday in work and have the next two at home

Mrs

"Just done my bank holiday in work and have the next two at home

Mrs "

Same

By *uby StarCouple  over a year ago

Durham

Lovely sentiments. I've worked every single bank holiday this year so far. Nice to get a little recognition. The industry I'm in doesn't get well enough supported by the public.

Aww great post. My hubby doesn't get bank holidays off, I wish he did so we could go out and do family bank holiday stuff

Mrs C xx

Whilst the unwashed masses get an extra day off in recognition of the coronation, it’s good to know that those allegedly running the country get a whole week off…

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Here in the channel islands it's actually a 4 day weekend as Tuesday is Liberation day

I've always felt grateful that my line of work doesn't require me to work on these occasions. I think people who have to should be well compensated for it.

I’m working two of those 3 bank holidays you talk if.

Already done 1, another to go. I’m not fussed, I get paid extra and I’ve got no other plans.

By *nkyCplCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

Shift worker here so alas no extra days off, but do get paid handsomely so not going to moan….too much.

"Whilst the unwashed masses get an extra day off in recognition of the coronation, it’s good to know that those allegedly running the country get a whole week off…"

So you're saying that people who get an extra day off because of the Coronation are the unwashed masses? You do realise that it's a BANK Holiday. Meaning officially BANKS are closed. So Bank staff are the unwashed masses? Interesting

By *imply DeeWoman  over a year ago

Wherever

Great post, OP.

Here’s to 24/7 carers of severally disabled family members and parents of neurodivergent children, who cannot tell the difference between days and three bank holidays in one month are nothing but unnecessary disruption to their rigid routine.

Please remember that while d*unk messaging “free for fun now” from your beer garden and think before accusing someone of being “stuck up” and don’t know how to party because it’s supposedly (yet) another bank holiday.

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

When I was in proper work, I didn't get any bank holidays off, no time in lieu, no extra pay. The service industry just expects people to work those days... because the world expects to be served on those days.

By *r WhispererMan  over a year ago

brynmawr

Don’t forget the guys and gals who deliver the steaks and beers to the supermarkets for your bbq’s or the barrels to the pubs for your afternoons in the sun we’re a 24/7 operation and mostly very unsociable long hours..

» Add a new message to this topic