FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do you stand up for yourself?

Do you stand up for yourself?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

As the title suggests, do you?

I sometimes will and I sometimes won't. I like an easy life, but I also like injustice rectified and we all know that doesn't happen until you stand up and ask for it (or demand it in some cases).

This is off the back of being on the phone to the Home Office. I want to throw my face into a pillow and scream but I also don't want to let it get the better of me. I am bigger and better than that

F

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Always

I've a smart mouth and like the challenge

By *ansoffateMan  over a year ago

Sagittarius A

If someone challenges my integrity in some way, yes sometimes I will draw a line in the sand and tell they have crossed it.

If it's someone I care about I will take time out to explain myself to them. If it's someone I don't know or it's unsubstantiated, there's good chance they will be told to fuck off.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If a person disrespects me I have no fear of retaliating back.

By *eneralKenobiMan  over a year ago

North Angus

Yes and others without much thought

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Yes but I chose my battles wisely these days

I always stick up for myself and others if I feel like something needs to be said. There is some instances where I just can’t be fucked though so I just let people think whatever the like and get on with my day

A bit too much at times

I find that in work in particular, if you rock the corporate boat, you're seen as a trouble causer

Too often I have seen employers ride roughshod over basic matters of morals and ethics in an attempt to garner power / profits and smooth corporate image

I am far from militant, but I won't have the piss took out of me either

I’m more likely to stand up for someone else. I can easily let people think they get one over on me, if I don’t care about them.

‘I’d never steal a horse off someone I didn’t like’

*one for the film nerds.

For a lot of years I put up with a lot of crap.

My tolerance for wankers and dickheads and those that think they're better than me is now below zero.

So yes I do.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"As the title suggests, do you?

I sometimes will and I sometimes won't. I like an easy life, but I also like injustice rectified and we all know that doesn't happen until you stand up and ask for it (or demand it in some cases).

This is off the back of being on the phone to the Home Office. I want to throw my face into a pillow and scream but I also don't want to let it get the better of me. I am bigger and better than that

F"

I can throw your face in the pillow and make you scream.... As I tickle your feet

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

Yes I do. I'll accept responsibility for any errors but if somebody is trying to lump the blame on me or criticise, I will soon fight back.

Only the other day someone accused me of ruining their day (a work thing) I asked how I'd ruined their day, ended up a full blown row, neither of us backing down.

The older I get, the louder I become.

By *avinaTVTV/TS  over a year ago

Transsexual Transylvania

Yes. I'm quite polite and I like to be cooperative, but God help you if I lose my cool which, when I'm finally pushed too far, goes in an instant.

Lol I can go 0 to bitch in 2.5 seconds if provoked.

I'm fantastic at sticking up for others but not great at sticking up for myself. Strange really.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

No,I avoid confrontation at all costs.

Doesn't mean I'm a pushover I just don't believe in arguing for arguing sake.

Some people need to piss and moan,shout and bluster.

I prefer to stand let them get on with and ignore.

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

F"

On here you have to women win

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

Rarely, I will if it's absolutely necessary but I hate confrontation, that doesn't mean I'm a push over though.

I'm more likely to stick up for others than myself.

I like an easy life and most of the time it's just not worth stopping down to that level.

Mrs

"I’m more likely to stand up for someone else. I can easily let people think they get one over on me, if I don’t care about them.

‘I’d never steal a horse off someone I didn’t like’

*one for the film nerds.

"

And please, don’t mistake this as me being a soft touch or I can be took the piss out of.

Yes I do, you can always stand up for yourself and make your point without being rude, angry or irrational. I have also spoken up for others when they haven't had the voice they needed.

Yes always and likewise for my close circle of friends, I hate people who think it’s ok to attack others whether that’s verbally or physically

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

I feel I’m diplomatic in the majority of issues that have arisen over the last few years. In negotiations they say whisper so those who you’re talking to have to really listen.

Shouting or violence very rarely gets a positive outcome, that’s why I very rarely do it these days. Hopefully that’s a more mature approach to conflict than I used to have.

By *uicy 2020Woman  over a year ago

London

I really wish I could do this more. Im super introverted and hate confrontation, it normally just makes me cry. Like some others have said, i would be more likely to do it for other people than myself. X

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Yes I do but it's diffrent for men and women. Most women have no off switch and will keep arguing even if the other party is losing their temper. Men have a cut off because we know if yiu push it too far it an turn to violence.

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Yes I do but it's diffrent for men and women. Most women have no off switch and will keep arguing even if the other party is losing their temper. Men have a cut off because we know if yiu push it too far it an turn to violence.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"Rarely, I will if it's absolutely necessary but I hate confrontation, that doesn't mean I'm a push over though.

I'm more likely to stick up for others than myself.

I like an easy life and most of the time it's just not worth stopping down to that level.

Mrs "

Almost exactly the same . Saves me typing it all but yes this ^

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

It's depends on the situation. If it's something silly or petty than no I can't be arsed arguing about it. Better just to ignore the person stirring shite.

For more important things like in work or with something that means a lot to me yes I will stand up for myself I won't get rude or stroppy that defeats the whole point of standing up for yourself. I spent years letting people take advantage of me and walk all over me but I don't anymore.And life is better since I decided to as well.

By *uff and FruitCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

Yes, very much so. I've been a single mum for over 15 years and had to stand up for myself as it was just me. I'm naturally assertive and confident, but love that Buff makes me feel that I don't need to stand forward so much as he is in my life.

Quietly assertive when needed when it comes to myself.... raging mumma bear if anyone threatens or harms my kids.

By *avexxMan  over a year ago

cheshire

try to be diplomatic at first if thats not working then will certainly stick up for myself,,

By *rivateparts!Man  over a year ago

Walking down the only road I've ever known!

I can't do with conflict at anytime, but if I have to defend myself in any way, then get ready for the rain of thunder bearing down on you.

By *he love catsCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

On here there's no point, I let it go over my head.

In the real non fabworld, I will always stick up for myself, my family and animals. Neither will I put up with any bullying or injustices happening around me.

In person yes

In life yes

You ain’t crapin over me and getting away with it

Cunny funt

Yes as I got more assertive as I've got older. I'm careful how I word things though as I think before I speak x

The first line of defence is attack

Lower your tone and strengthen your argument

That normally gets a reaction lol

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple  over a year ago

kent

It depends on the situation, but I have been known to robustly defend myself at times. If I feel I have been treated poorly or unfairly I will stand up for myself. I have however been effectively banished by people for doing so. In my mind it was worth it, and should the need ever arise, I will do so again.

By *istyPeaksCouple  over a year ago

braintree

Not nearly as much as I do for others

Only when I know it's what god also thinks

sometimes not worth the hassle

By *orbidden eastMan  over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

Most of the time, yes, but my problem is I have to keep it in check because simply I can get into trouble for it.

Dorchester

No i let them walk all over me

I’m getting to the age where I struggle to stand up.

By *inister_SpinsterWoman  over a year ago

North West

I either massively under-react or massively over-react.

My React sensor doesn't seem to regulate my response properly.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

More frequently nowadays. At the same time, I'm also quite likely to try and not say anything because I'd rather a simple life and it now takes a lot for me to say 'actually, no, do fuck off'.

I think sometimes I'm prepared to put up with a lot of crap because I convince myself that I should rather than potentially upsetting someone. That's a habit that needs stomping out.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

Not so much these days. Useless I feel you’re taking me for a mug. I’ve caused/seen enough drama in my life to fill two lifetimes. All about the easy life these days.

Plus my temper is quite scary so I try a keep in under lock and key.

The mr

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

I'm better at standing up for other people that myself, especially in work. Things happen that annoy me with management or changes and to me I'm more likely to speak up if I know it's upsetting colleagues.

By *use and wolfCouple  over a year ago

angus

i worked the door for 18 years all told and part of the reason i was so good at the job was that i am excellent at conflict resolution & management, i was always the one to broker peace when friends fell out, still do that occasionally i guess. i'm pretty good with people. i wasn't going to mention self defence training in relation to the doors, as my ability to look after myself, in my opinion, had nothing to do with my competence on the job, it just came in handy on the rare occasions diplomacy failed. Self Defence is relevant now as the only reason i gave in and let my Parents push me into classes, aside from the fact that i realised that, if i knew how to fight then, getting out of fights would be easier, was that they felt i never stood up for myself. So, from about age 12, when i started Aikido, i have believed in standing up for myself.

i always get every side in a story, if i am trying to resolve a conflict and see things from the perspective of others and, at least for the past 13 years, i try and approach everything from a logical standpoint.

i feel the flipside of this is that i am also happy to hold my hands up and admit when i'm wrong.

Just my tuppenceworth.

By *uietlycheekyMan  over a year ago

aberdeen

I should probably do it more in work… but it’s a snake pit and I’m too old and can’t be a*seed getting involved anymore or with the hassle.

One of the best pieces of advice I got as a teenager starting out working life , Fly under the radar as much as possible , never be first but never be last.

By *he AmbassadorMan  over a year ago

IRLANDA. / Prague. / Cil Dara

Im hit or miss in this Dept,

Depending on my mood or level of Fffks being thrown my way,

Im normally calm and calculated, but when i blow im a nasty little shit,(verbally)

One thing i have zero tolerance for is bullies, to the point that i break the, (head down mind your own business rule).

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

I have absolutely no qualms about standing up for myself, no matter who the other person is.

At work especially, I've learnt that different ways of doing so are more effective at times...rather than go in all guns blazing like I have in the past, I pick my battles and use different tactics. I've also realised that it's sometimes more beneficial to me to back down...or at least give the impression that I have.

By * F 2018Couple  over a year ago

shropshire

F"

Sometimes....depends on emotions, situations how I'm feeling

"I have absolutely no qualms about standing up for myself, no matter who the other person is.

At work especially, I've learnt that different ways of doing so are more effective at times...rather than go in all guns blazing like I have in the past, I pick my battles and use different tactics. I've also realised that it's sometimes more beneficial to me to back down...or at least give the impression that I have. "

Always good to be the silent one at times and bide your time… I still owe you that walk in hills don’t I?

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Allways! Even more so for others!x

Dorchester

"I’m getting to the age where I struggle to stand up. "
lol hey get yourself a mobility cart women love them

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

"I have absolutely no qualms about standing up for myself, no matter who the other person is.

At work especially, I've learnt that different ways of doing so are more effective at times...rather than go in all guns blazing like I have in the past, I pick my battles and use different tactics. I've also realised that it's sometimes more beneficial to me to back down...or at least give the impression that I have.

Always good to be the silent one at times and bide your time… I still owe you that walk in hills don’t I? "

You're back!

Yes you do...one day we'll make it onto those hills

Always good to be the silent one at times and bide your time… I still owe you that walk in hills don’t I?

You're back!

Yes you do...one day we'll make it onto those hills "

Well soon I hope and yes “I’m back” needed a sabbatical to reset and move forward alls good and I’m glad to be catching up

» Add a new message to this topic