FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The Northern Lights

The Northern Lights

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ulieAndBeef OP   Couple  over a year ago

Manchester-ish

The northern lights should be visible for most of the UK tonight if you are lucky enough to get clear skies and there's not too much light pollution where you are.

It's one of the things on my bucket list so if the clouds clear here in Manchester I'm going to head out somewhere with darker skies to try and get a photo.

Are the northern lights something you've always wanted to see, or maybe you have already seen them. Did they live up to expectations?

B

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

"The northern lights should be visible for most of the UK tonight if you are lucky enough to get clear skies and there's not too much light pollution where you are.

It's one of the things on my bucket list so if the clouds clear here in Manchester I'm going to head out somewhere with darker skies to try and get a photo.

Are the northern lights something you've always wanted to see, or maybe you have already seen them. Did they live up to expectations?

B"

We could see them here a couple nights ago... and a while back as well. That was stunning. If you get photos, please do share

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Llanelli

If you come down to me then you'd get a great view, you could also see them in Brecon beacons

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I saw a local picture taken in Dorset last night and it looked awesome. I’ve always wanted to see these but I’m working early shifts this week and can’t justify staying up that late to see them, I’m gutted

By *eneralKenobiMan  over a year ago

North Angus

Used to be able to see them regularly at my back door but the council put a lamppost right at my fence completely eliminating any chance I have now

I was planning on going to Norway just before Xmas but got let down by others this year I will go alone

Manchester-ish

"The northern lights should be visible for most of the UK tonight if you are lucky enough to get clear skies and there's not too much light pollution where you are.

B

We could see them here a couple nights ago... and a while back as well. That was stunning. If you get photos, please do share "

Will do, just got to get rid of all the clouds first

B

Manchester-ish

"If you come down to me then you'd get a great view, you could also see them in Brecon beacons "

I know J would be up for that but it's a bit of a round trip to get the kids to school in the morning

B

Manchester-ish

"I saw a local picture taken in Dorset last night and it looked awesome. I’ve always wanted to see these but I’m working early shifts this week and can’t justify staying up that late to see them, I’m gutted "

They peaked at about 4am yesterday, if that's not too early to get up for your early shift.

B

Manchester-ish

"Used to be able to see them regularly at my back door but the council put a lamppost right at my fence completely eliminating any chance I have now "

That's shit. I work up in Aberdeen around halloween each year, and I have hoped to see them each time I go up. No luck yet.

B

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I’ve been checking the cloud cover and looks like we should have clear skies up here around 4/5am. But the probability of bright aurora peaks around 10pm.

"Used to be able to see them regularly at my back door but the council put a lamppost right at my fence completely eliminating any chance I have now "

They were visible near us last night. My fbook feed is full of photos. Just wait for the government to ration the power grid and you'll be sorted

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple  over a year ago

kent

We’ve been up into arctic circle and seen the northern lights. It’s the most dramatic and majestic sight we’ve ever seen. But that goes for just about everything. The Norwegian fjords at dawn, and the trees frozen white close to the Russian border, and at night the entire Galaxy spread across the sky. We are desperate to go back Xx

By *escourtesMan  over a year ago

hereford

Use the Aurora app to see what they predict, its very good!

I'd like to see them but not from my back garden.

By *eneralKenobiMan  over a year ago

North Angus

"Used to be able to see them regularly at my back door but the council put a lamppost right at my fence completely eliminating any chance I have now

They were visible near us last night. My fbook feed is full of photos. Just wait for the government to ration the power grid and you'll be sorted "

Might get the grinder out and take it down myself

By *d4fun73Man  over a year ago

Shipley

Unless the clouds clear off not a chance!

I always wanted to see them, and I will travel one day. Nobody ever wanted to go with me.

I’ll look out tonight and see the great Manchester sky and what it’s got to offer. … I’ll take in the smell of the local herbalists too.

Llanelli

"If you come down to me then you'd get a great view, you could also see them in Brecon beacons

I know J would be up for that but it's a bit of a round trip to get the kids to school in the morning

B"

Yes it's not just down the road unfortunately

By *he love catsCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

B"

Good luck op hope the skys nice clear.

By *he love catsCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

"If you come down to me then you'd get a great view, you could also see them in Brecon beacons "

Don't let him get you near his waterfall

Hope you see them or is it a dogging excuse x

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

Northern Lights in the Brecon Beacons?

I thought the Welsh were now calling them by their proper name, Aurora Borealis.

Llanelli

"If you come down to me then you'd get a great view, you could also see them in Brecon beacons

I thought the Welsh were now calling them by their proper name, Aurora Borealis."

Some Welsh may well do, I'm not Welsh though

Llanelli

Don't let him get you near his waterfall "

If Julie comes near me then she will be the waterfall

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

[Removed by poster at 24/04/23 15:59:05]

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I've got the apps tracking it but it's cloudy until nightfall here. Not sure when the clouds may clear

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

B"

Blackpool you talking about..... The bulbs?

By *hatFellaMan  over a year ago

Leeds

Something I've always wanted to do.

But in Norway or somewhere like that.

They look beautiful in pictures

If the weather clears I will be off looking for some high ground with a north view

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

I’ve seen them for the last 11 years that I’ve been to Iceland. I’ve got some stunning photos that I really should post on here one time

Bexley

I thought the Welsh were now calling them by their proper name, Aurora Borealis.

Some Welsh may well do, I'm not Welsh though "

I was having a joke about the Brecon Beacons now having to beknown by their correct Welsh name, Bannau Brycheiniog!

Llanelli

Some Welsh may well do, I'm not Welsh though

I was having a joke about the Brecon Beacons now having to beknown by their correct Welsh name, Bannau Brycheiniog!"

I know

I'll always call it the Brecon

I'm really hoping to see them. I live in the countryside so not much light pollution, its just cloud that's the issue. Fingers crossed though.

Hope you catch them x

Manchester-ish

If Julie comes near me then she will be the waterfall "

I'm both laughing and weirdly aroused!

J

By *illbe9999Man  over a year ago

Holmfirth

Thanks for the heads-up

Llanelli

J"

Did you make a little wet patch?

Manchester-ish

"I was planning on going to Norway just before Xmas but got let down by others this year I will go alone "

Sounds like a good plan, you can always rely on yourself

B

Manchester-ish

"I’ve been checking the cloud cover and looks like we should have clear skies up here around 4/5am. But the probability of bright aurora peaks around 10pm. "

Boo, my phone says about 9 here. Hopefully you will get more opportunities being a bit further north than us.

B

Manchester-ish

J

Did you make a little wet patch? "

My pelvic floor isn't that bad!

J

Manchester-ish

"We’ve been up into arctic circle and seen the northern lights. It’s the most dramatic and majestic sight we’ve ever seen. But that goes for just about everything. The Norwegian fjords at dawn, and the trees frozen white close to the Russian border, and at night the entire Galaxy spread across the sky. We are desperate to go back Xx"

I'm jealous of your artic adventure. J and I have a stay in one of those glass igloos on our holiday list, it will probably have to wait until we're retired though

B

Llanelli

J

Did you make a little wet patch?

My pelvic floor isn't that bad!

J"

Mine is good, I still dribble sometimes when I get excited

By *929Man  over a year ago

newcastle

It’s clear here now so might be lucky thanks for heads up

Manchester-ish

BBlackpool you talking about..... The bulbs? "

Yep the bloominations, they only turn them on during solar storms these days to save money.

B

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple  over a year ago

kent

"We’ve been up into arctic circle and seen the northern lights. It’s the most dramatic and majestic sight we’ve ever seen. But that goes for just about everything. The Norwegian fjords at dawn, and the trees frozen white close to the Russian border, and at night the entire Galaxy spread across the sky. We are desperate to go back Xx

I'm jealous of your artic adventure. J and I have a stay in one of those glass igloos on our holiday list, it will probably have to wait until we're retired though

B"

We went for our honeymoon. Always loved cold and snowy places. It’s the only place we’ve been where we definitely want to go back. We just haven’t been able to yet. One day though. Even if you have to wait for retirement, it’ll still be worth it Xx

By *heExcommMan  over a year ago

Llantrisant

I remember seeing them in Sweden. They are amazing

Bexley

I remember seeing the Cambridge Footlights.

Can get it on YouTube anytime

I would love to see them! They are quite visible in my area....I'm so tempted to take a late night drive into the hills surrounding my house. Maybe the weekend if they are still visible

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

I'm very lucky to have seen it a couple of times growing up in the middle of no where Scotland. I find the aurora beautifully enchanting to watch and could spend hours doing so

Manchester-ish

We are going on an adventure! I'm wrapped up like Michelin Man and I'm going to make a flask of hot chocolate

J

"We are going on an adventure! I'm wrapped up like Michelin Man and I'm going to make a flask of hot chocolate

J"

Jealous

"We are going on an adventure! I'm wrapped up like Michelin Man and I'm going to make a flask of hot chocolate

J"

Please take pics if you see them! Good luck!

It's clear here but I'm old and cold and tired.

By *ildbillkidMan  over a year ago

where the road goes on forever

Saw them in Alaska back in the 70's, something you'll never forget,

Gutted I live in a place with too much light pollution. Would love to see them.

By *d4fun73Man  over a year ago

Shipley

I think you'll need to be up till very late for the northern lights, but you can see Venus and a crescent moon right now..

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

I’m just outside Dundee now waiting, I think I’ve more chance of fucking a hot wife than seeing them

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

J"

It's cloudy here

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

[Removed by poster at 24/04/23 23:02:01]

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I will see if I can see it too. I like the different colours of it

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

B"

There's a few places near me that make it viewable. Have to wait till way after midnight when all the doggers flashing their lights have gone home.

Manchester-ish

We tried three different places on our adventure! The first had no parking. The second was full of doggers. Which (a) isn't our thing and (b) we had the kids with us. The third place was a great spot and we saw lots of stars but no Aurora. Another time!

J

Llanelli

"We tried three different places on our adventure! The first had no parking. The second was full of doggers. Which (a) isn't our thing and (b) we had the kids with us. The third place was a great spot and we saw lots of stars but no Aurora. Another time!

J"

Levels are a lot lower tonight, on weather earlier they showed was only going to be visible right up north in Scotland

I’d like to see them and would be happy enough in Scotland..

Doubt I'll be able to see them this far south

Manchester-ish

"We tried three different places on our adventure! The first had no parking. The second was full of doggers. Which (a) isn't our thing and (b) we had the kids with us. The third place was a great spot and we saw lots of stars but no Aurora. Another time!

J

Levels are a lot lower tonight, on weather earlier they showed was only going to be visible right up north in Scotland "

Ah, we should've watched the weather before heading out Stargazing, hot chocolate escapades on a school night are great fun though!

J

Llanelli

J

Levels are a lot lower tonight, on weather earlier they showed was only going to be visible right up north in Scotland

Ah, we should've watched the weather before heading out Stargazing, hot chocolate escapades on a school night are great fun though!

J"

Just Google northern lights tracker UK next time and all info is there. Won't be long till another solar storm again I'm sure

» Add a new message to this topic