FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Why do some people go back to their ex?

Why do some people go back to their ex?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I watched a movie and she regretted splitting up with her husband and many years later they accidentally met in a bar and they talked abit and she said in the end how she missed him and wanted to start over, he wasnt sure about what to do as it was she that left him.

Wat is your view shout it, is it regret or that they might not have found anyone else?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ex for a reason not for a season…. Drops the mic

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

chichester

I think it’s a dicy area to go backwards not forwards.

Though some people perhaps for a reason that can be resolved like a career choice that meant moving away

If it’s a non entity reason like cheating / bored / didn’t feel right etc then I would say it’s pointless personally

Right person. Wrong time.

Sometimes things happen that come between people and it doesn’t mean they wouldn’t be blissfully happy if that thing is removed.

So I wouldn’t say it’s ALWAYS a bad idea.. just most of the time

Mr

Always go forward

Never go backwards

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Shag that sounds like my life, she'd always try and keep contact in the hope that things could possibly go back the way they were before even after years later receiving the odd call or message. Mind you we did have something special until she ruined it. So I moved on as well

By *aribbean King 1985Man  over a year ago

South West London

Some people don't realise what they have or had until its gone

By *ames-77Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Sometimes it's because they know exactly how to suck your dick

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Llanelli

I moved all the way back from Wales to Eastbourne when a ex begged me to get back with her after a few years apart. Was a huge mistake and I'd never go back to a ex again after that.

Sometimes people have a spell on you because of good things in the past.

By *he AmbassadorMan  over a year ago

IRLANDA. / Prague. / Cil Dara

Feeeeccck that,

Once free stay free,

It helps that i actually don't know where my ex is, Turkey i think, which is further away than Prague so it heading in the right direction lol.

Newcastle

"Some people don't realise what they have or had until its gone"

This is so true as everything else sinks in memories even laying in bed

By *avinaTVTV/TS  over a year ago

Transsexual Transylvania

Every relationship is unique. Onmy the two people involved know what their dynsmic is, and whether it's in them to give each other another chance. There's plenty of received wisdom about breakups, and people are also influenced by their own experience; which is understandable.

My own opinion is that if you know reach other well, and are genuine, you both deserve to give each other a chance to make your relationship work.

Ultimately, it's up to the couple.

By *avinaTVTV/TS  over a year ago

Transsexual Transylvania

*excuse the damned typos.

"Shag that sounds like my life, she'd always try and keep contact in the hope that things could possibly go back the way they were before even after years later receiving the odd call or message. Mind you we did have something special until she ruined it. So I moved on as well "
I see, yes, so the best way there was to move on too

Because those who don't learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them

I do miss an ex. The sex was amazing and it felt comfortable

I wouldn’t go back to exes because they are still who they were, but people can and do change.

By *lexV16Man  over a year ago

Welling

I think if they get back together they’ve seen life and see each other differently. This can be a new story.

If they just got back together on past memories and comfort - it wouldn’t last

By *elloWoman  over a year ago

alpha centauri

6 years ago very briefly I tried things again with an ex, thought that after 12 years I'm no longer the same person so he probably isn't either, thought maybe he'd grown as a person.

But nope still the same controlling abusive twat, and it reassured me that I definitely made the right decision all those years ago.

I'm actually meeting up with an ex next month for some daytime fun, we haven't seen each other for 8 years but message each other very often, and talk about who we've been seeing and send eachother filthy photos so I guess we're friends with benefits rather than a couple now.

By *ansoffateMan  over a year ago

Sagittarius A

Amazing sexy, deep emotional connection.

Time passed has caused you to forget how ridiculously incompatible you are.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

Because sometimes they love each other still. Heart rules the mind and all that jazz.

"Ex for a reason not for a season…. Drops the mic "

Totally agree

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Perhaps because they have changed and feel it's the right thing to do do.

By *4bimMan  over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

"Because sometimes they love each other still. Heart rules the mind and all that jazz.

"

By *ld StrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Telford

Maybe timing and circumstances not right. Older wiser and more experience gained to give ita another go. Maybe even trying simply to recapture what was who knows

"6 years ago very briefly I tried things again with an ex, thought that after 12 years I'm no longer the same person so he probably isn't either, thought maybe he'd grown as a person.

But nope still the same controlling abusive twat, and it reassured me that I definitely made the right decision all those years ago.

I'm actually meeting up with an ex next month for some daytime fun, we haven't seen each other for 8 years but message each other very often, and talk about who we've been seeing and send eachother filthy photos so I guess we're friends with benefits rather than a couple now."

Hi, that is good that you made the right decision there and that sounds good to me that you will meet up with an ex next month too

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Never go back k, never take anyone back who's dumped you. I am around a lot of women with my dance hobby and 70% of them are divorced and freely admit to being the ones who initiated it.

Main reasons being they were bored and wanted to see what was out there. Most are now saying they regretted it and want their ex back because they cannot find men. Yes they can find men for sex but not for committed relationships. They have also done very well out of divorce getting an entire house and still getting maintainence payments even though ther kids are adults. This makes a lot of men including

myself very wary of commitment. I worked extremely hard and had a lot if struggles teyinb to keep my home and I would be reluctant to risk losing it. Sorry this is not going to make me hugely popular and indeed there are exceptions but these are not the general rule.

Bedfont Feltham

Never go back k, never take anyone back who's dumped you. I am around a lot of women with my dance hobby and 70% of them are divorced and freely admit to being the ones who initiated it.

Main reasons being they were bored and wanted to see what was out there. Most are now saying they regretted it and want their ex back because they cannot find men. Yes they can find men for sex but not for committed relationships. They have also done very well out of divorce getting an entire house and still getting maintainence payments even though ther kids are adults. This makes a lot of men including

myself very wary of commitment. I worked extremely hard and had a lot if struggles trying to keep my home and I would be reluctant to risk losing it. Sorry this is not going to make me hugely popular and indeed there are exceptions but these are not the general rule.

Because pain is familiar, and they are comfortable with discomfort.

Bedfont Feltham

"Because pain is familiar, and they are comfortable with discomfort."

And there is a lot of truth in that statement too.

Familiarity

I was dating a bloke last year, who dumped me for his ex from 25 years ago. She had gone off with someone else and broken his heart.

I think he had never got over it and had spent the last 25 years pining for her, (we went to dinner at the pub they had as a couple).

It's quite sad really, I don't think it worked out and he is all sad and lonely now.

By *urvytreatWoman  over a year ago

somewhere nice

Never look back, you’re not going that way!

That film sounds shit.

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"I watched a movie and she regretted splitting up with her husband and many years later they accidentally met in a bar and they talked abit and she said in the end how she missed him and wanted to start over, he wasnt sure about what to do as it was she that left him.

Wat is your view shout it, is it regret or that they might not have found anyone else? "

Because they left for sex

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I think some people give up on a relationship too easily. Time goes by and one or both realise this and decide to give it another go, older and possibly wiser.

Or they're lonely, not getting any sex and regretting leaving

[Removed by poster at 24/04/23 15:15:51]

"Familiarity "
Yes, because of that too

My ex and I managed to end our relationship amicably and we still have the same deep bond and love towards each other now.

But I have come to realise that I don’t think I can ever replicate the same kind of relationship again with anyone else, the deepness of love and trust and the admiration I have for my ex, and so I will likely remain single now.

We have often wondered if we’d ever get back together again so maybe that’s how it happens.

"I think some people give up on a relationship too easily. Time goes by and one or both realise this and decide to give it another go, older and possibly wiser.

Or they're lonely, not getting any sex and regretting leaving "

Yes. I think so, there are different reasons for it too

By *4bimMan  over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

People I know keep breaking up and getting back together.

They tell me living next door to them is a bit like having a battle reenactment society on your doorstep

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

Depends on why you split up and why you're getting back together.

If you split up because you couldn't bear each other and nothing has changed, then nothing has changed!

If you're looking back with a heavy dose of nostalgia and forgetting the reality, or if single life has you dropping your standards to the point that you think "fuck it, they were better than nothing" then it's also highly unlikely to last.

I have one ex who moved to another country with work. We had a great thing going but neither of us are suited to long distance, so we split up.

If he came back to the UK I'd be more than happy to give it another go, but that's because the relationship was intrinsically sound when we ended it. We might have grown apart and no longer be compatible, but I'd certainly try.

Newcastle

"Perhaps because they have changed and feel it's the right thing to do do.

"

This i some what agree people can learn from their mistakes and better themselves as well as regreting their ways feeling guilty realising they had something special which is very rare especially when a person sticks around through all the rough patches where many would run

"Ex for a reason not for a season…. Drops the mic "
That is also right

"Right person. Wrong time.

"

Yes, that too .

They cannot escape their unhealthy patterns.

By *929Man  over a year ago

newcastle

I went back to my ex back in 2014 after she had left 6 weeks earlier so my kids could have still a family as they were just young and put my feelings aside it didn’t work out in end but got 7 more years of living with my kids

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman  over a year ago

Carlisle usually

If we stopped seeing each other because of circumstances and situations then in happy to take people back into my life when things have settled down again.

If it ever got to the point where it was decided we were over because of actions or behaviours, that's a forever ex.

God no…… I’ve never gone back to an ex…..

"Depends on why you split up and why you're getting back together.

If you split up because you couldn't bear each other and nothing has changed, then nothing has changed!

If you're looking back with a heavy dose of nostalgia and forgetting the reality, or if single life has you dropping your standards to the point that you think "fuck it, they were better than nothing" then it's also highly unlikely to last.

I have one ex who moved to another country with work. We had a great thing going but neither of us are suited to long distance, so we split up.

If he came back to the UK I'd be more than happy to give it another go, but that's because the relationship was intrinsically sound when we ended it. We might have grown apart and no longer be compatible, but I'd certainly try."

Yes, that is right, it also depends how you split up as well

By *ob357Man  over a year ago

Oswestry

Because we are good together in very very small doses

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I watched a movie and she regretted splitting up with her husband and many years later they accidentally met in a bar and they talked abit and she said in the end how she missed him and wanted to start over, he wasnt sure about what to do as it was she that left him.

Wat is your view shout it, is it regret or that they might not have found anyone else? "

People get married for a good reason, often because they are convinced they found that one in a million, soul mate etc

Not all marriages end badly with abuse, cheating , or if there is someone else else it’s often a one off mistake and can be forgiven but can take a long time to get over and realise.

Sometimes couples split up and years later remember why they got marked and having checked out the alternatives, realise they made the right decision first time around.

Friends of mine got divorced and then remarried a couple of years later!

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"

Yes that's definitely a reason

By *orraine999Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere

They’re an ex for a reason. No thanks :

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Yes that's definitely a reason "

Had a few of those ! I spent about 5 years mourning one woman from my early 20s , but we met 20 years later and it was all gone thankfully, had sex a few times then parted again. Felt good to finally close that door!

There’s no one size fits all, however I’m a forgiving person who doesn’t think they’re perfect either, so I’d be inclined to want to try and resolve whatever it is and help each other be better people. But it takes two to tango so it depends on the specifics of what went wrong and how the other person acts. I’m not a mug.

"Sometimes things happen that come between people and it doesn’t mean they wouldn’t be blissfully happy if that thing is removed.

So I wouldn’t say it’s ALWAYS a bad idea.. just most of the time

Mr"

Yes, sometimes things happen that come between people, but yes, if they both feel they want to start over, that is also fine

Think it depends on why or how you finished added to the fact that right person wrong time

There's no right or wrong answer but never would get back together just because the sex was great ... there's plenty of great sex to explore without any complications

"Think it depends on why or how you finished added to the fact that right person wrong time

There's no right or wrong answer but never would get back together just because the sex was great ... there's plenty of great sex to explore without any complications "

Yes, it also depends on why they finished as well.

» Add a new message to this topic