FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The Proclaimers

The Proclaimers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

This is a Scottish singing duet who look remarkable in their likeness to each other. Their biggest hit was 'I would walk 10,000 miles'.

Apparently they have been removed from a Coronation playlist for being republican. Republican people tend to shun the idea of a king or queen in favour of an elected President which includes examples such as President Trump, President Putin, and the guy from North Korea who nobody can pronounce.

Now Tom is no political animal but he likes that Scottish tune and he would like it on the list. Tom has a motto. Keep your friends close and enemies closer ..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Maybe they can't understand why they'd let someone else rule their land cap in hand?

By *4bimMan  over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

March of the Cameron men.

That's the one tom.

Use to be played going into battle. The Germans hated hearing it because it meant trouble was on the way

By *helamontsCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Never hear it Tom,

But 'I would walk 500 miles' is a favourite of mine ...

By *tooveMan  over a year ago

belfast

They're wankers.

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"This is a Scottish singing duet who look remarkable in their likeness to each other. Their biggest hit was 'I would walk 10,000 miles'.

Apparently they have been removed from a Coronation playlist for being republican. Republican people tend to shun the idea of a king or queen in favour of an elected President which includes examples such as President Trump, President Putin, and the guy from North Korea who nobody can pronounce.

Now Tom is no political animal but he likes that Scottish tune and he would like it on the list. Tom has a motto. Keep your friends close and enemies closer .. "

By *idnight RamblerMan  over a year ago

Pershore

Tom you are not normally prone to exaggeration, but you've over-egged this story by 9,500 miles.

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

"They're wankers. "
Aren't we all.

"This is a Scottish singing duet who look remarkable in their likeness to each other. Their biggest hit was 'I would walk 10,000 miles'.

Now Tom is no political animal but he likes that Scottish tune and he would like it on the list. Tom has a motto. Keep your friends close and enemies closer .. "

Not all presidents are of the nasty kind, you haven't picked any good ones

By *obby3264Man  over a year ago

Cambridge

Shows you how times have changed. Nowadays you have to walk sooooo much further to show your love.

500 miles was acceptable in the 80s

"Maybe they can't understand why they'd let someone else rule their land cap in hand?"

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Of course Tom meant 500 miles..

By *elvet RopeMan  over a year ago

by the big field

"Of course Tom meant 500 miles..

"

Course you did Tom...you built that toll booth on your bridge yet?

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

I wouldn't walk anywhere to see The Proclaimers.

I like their tunes and went to see them about 7 years ago, they were awful. Maybe just had a bad night.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

It always amazes me how much identical twins look alike. Sometimes they almost look identical.

A

*and Kim Jong Un was never elected.

By *ittyandtheboyCouple  over a year ago

Back of the bins.

I think they probably asked to be removed. Which anyone would understand if they’d listened to any of their songs other than ‘I’m gonna be’

"Shows you how times have changed. Nowadays you have to walk sooooo much further to show your love.

500 miles was acceptable in the 80s"

Made me laugh far more than it should have

By *odgerMooreMan  over a year ago

Carlisle

Its because they’re ginger… there’s a rumour that one if them could be prince harrys dad!! So Charles doesn’t want any fighting at the reception … because gingers are all bad tempered…especially after a few pints…

Happy to help Tom out with a few hard facts!!

By *obyn GravesTV/TS  over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

A coronation playlist... fuckin hell that sounds well worth avoiding..be some right shite on there.... even without the proclaimers..

"A coronation playlist... fuckin hell that sounds well worth avoiding..be some right shite on there.... even without the proclaimers.. "

Without looking you know the odious royal suck-up Elton John will be in there.

Never mind that. You’ve man-xplained what a republic is. Cheers for that xx

By *elvet RopeMan  over a year ago

by the big field

"A coronation playlist... fuckin hell that sounds well worth avoiding..be some right shite on there.... even without the proclaimers..

Without looking you know the odious royal suck-up Elton John will be in there. "

Well there a space for an old queen in the palace now

» Add a new message to this topic