FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Sam Smith

Sam Smith

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

There seems to be a current huge dislike?

Is it cos he's fat? And admittedly wearing limited clothing in shows these days?

Is it cos he's too 'presenting'?... Harry Styles is rocking whatever he wears..

So, is it cos he got fat?... Or maybe you think his sound changed?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think becoming they/them brought on a big dislike wave from the critics

"I think becoming they/them brought on a big dislike wave from the critics "

I totally think the Fisherthem comment screwed then personally

But! Most of the hate seems around the body weight/nakedness, or not?.. Like you're a fat cunt so you can't knock out a hit these days Sam

"I think becoming they/them brought on a big dislike wave from the critics

But! Most of the hate seems around the body weight/nakedness, or not?.. Like you're a fat cunt so you can't knock out a hit these days Sam "

Seems to be more politically correct to be mean to someone about their weight than their identity maybe?

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I like the first song he did with disclosure , pretty good track but think after that he went shit and all OTT , silly vocals, look at me , drama and just played the stereotypical gay man, which is fine as a person but as an artist I disliked it after such a good start.

On the gender stuff I have issue with activists that benefit directly from their activism , it’s as simple as that , they compromise themselves.

I know a lot of activists and I respect them. I know a lot of artists that provoke thought so that the masses have thier eyes opened but they do it through their art only and stay quiet.

This man / person whatever he wants to call himself in my opinion compromises himself.

An example was the fisherthem, purposely going on a bout fishing to ‘fish’ the fisherman word from the interviewer so he could use it on division media ‘ interviewer midgenders Sam’ etc to sell more records.

That’s why I don’t like them too much

Dubai & Nottingham

But! Most of the hate seems around the body weight/nakedness, or not?.. Like you're a fat cunt so you can't knock out a hit these days Sam "

Never really noticed his size or appearance , people should be judged on their character, honesty, authenticity etc not appearance, gender, religion, sexuality. He’s clearly benefitted financially and got a huge following based solely on his gender activism rather than his talent

Personally I think his talent is decent. I think what he's poured on since is maybe a fair current representation... But he's over egging it

By *he Gentleman 84Man  over a year ago

North East

"There seems to be a current huge dislike?

Is it cos he's fat? And admittedly wearing limited clothing in shows these days?

So, is it cos he got fat?... Or maybe you think his sound changed? "

I think it’s dancing naked in front of 5 year old children at his concerts, airing his personal view points & beliefs on top of this to children too young to have formed there own belief systems

I think it’s dancing naked in front of 5 year old children at his concerts, airing his personal view points & beliefs on top of this to children too young to have formed there own belief systems "

What 5yr olds? He's not Mr Tumble... Pretty sure if parents buy a ticket to a show they know what it is?

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

He's a great singer and i listen to music, i don’t tend to watch him so for me he carries on being a great singer

By *ittyandtheboyCouple  over a year ago

Back of the bins.

I, The Boy, am not a fan of all of their music but will defend them to the ends of the earth. They are the most prominent non binary person and as such have attracted huge abuse by fucking morons who just want to hate.

Everyone on this thread misgendering them is included in the moron comment.

It’s not difficult and it costs you nothing to use the correct pronouns.

By *he Gentleman 84Man  over a year ago

North East

I think it’s dancing naked in front of 5 year old children at his concerts, airing his personal view points & beliefs on top of this to children too young to have formed there own belief systems

What 5yr olds? He's not Mr Tumble... Pretty sure if parents buy a ticket to a show they know what it is? "

Parents may have bought the tickets but not sure they were expecting the Sam Smith strip tease show!

Doesn’t take away from the fact there were children as young as 5 at his recent strip show I do t think parents buying tickets quite expected that!

He can have his beliefs & belief system we all do, I couldn’t give too hoots what someone believes but I do think his popularity is now based on shock values & his Themist views both used to ensure financial gain it’s certainly now been made from talent!

Dubai & Nottingham

"I, The Boy, am not a fan of all of their music but will defend them to the ends of the earth. They are the most prominent non binary person and as such have attracted huge abuse by fucking morons who just want to hate.

"

Moron? I see what you did there

Use of outdated terms for insult that used to be valid terms for mental illness now deem politically incorrect

You just validated your stupidly nicely

I don't think it has anything to do with weight or identity, I think it is more about the fact they are presenting as being a bit of a dickhead.

I don't think it has anything to do with weight or identity, I think it is more about the fact they are presenting as being a bit of a dickhead."

But why?... He's just doing his own thing, no?

It's his attitude that is crap..A lot of people do not get the non-binary movement, I think it's nonsense myself and another Fad encouraged by the likes of Demi Moore..... One single person describing themselves is not a "them" (unless they have multiple personalities)

His attitude stripping on stage is appalling and akin to a sexual offence.

As for Harry Styles, he is a true artist and will be around for many years to come. I was not a one direction fan...

Dubai & Nottingham

It's his attitude that is crap..A lot of people do not get the non-binary movement, I think it's nonsense myself and another Fad encouraged by the likes of Demi Moore..... One single person describing themselves is not a "them" (unless they have multiple personalities)

His attitude stripping on stage is appalling and akin to a sexual offence.

As for Harry Styles, he is a true artist and will be around for many years to come. I was not a one direction fan..."

Everyone has a right to not confirm to a culture or stereotype, they don’t have a right to tell you how to speak or accuse you of things because you choose not to use the words they prefer .

Sam is a man , if you pull his boxers down you’ll find the usual meat and two veg

I don't think it has anything to do with weight or identity, I think it is more about the fact they are presenting as being a bit of a dickhead.

But why?... He's just doing his own thing, no? "

They persistently presents as self entitled dickhead. Always seems to want to make it all about them. And recent video was simply distasteful, nothing to do with weight but if a straight man had made that video they would have been vilified even more than Sam.

By *hroatitboyMan  over a year ago

GLA

Don’t dislike him but not a fan anymore. Think his approach is more for attention than originality though.

By *uteLittleGeekWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere

Dislike is nothing about him being overweight or his gender choice,it is how he conduct himself and his stage presence.

I definitely wouldn't like to send young people to watch his concert.

He has a nice voice and he has spoiled all by being a Lucifer, wearing hardly anything on stage and almost having sex on stage.

There is a time and place for everything.

He should take some time out to find himself as it comes across that he is very confused.

Dubai & Nottingham

Some of the comments here are just wrong , I’ve had to report a couple of you to admin so you will shortly be having a couple of days off

"Some of the comments here are just wrong , I’ve had to report a couple of you to admin so you will shortly be having a couple of days off "

I can only see one worth reporting

Dubai & Nottingham

"Some of the comments here are just wrong , I’ve had to report a couple of you to admin so you will shortly be having a couple of days off

I can only see one worth reporting "

Yeah I reported them for calling people morons.

So, we basically all still like Harry Styles for being out there... But not Smith for being 'too out there'

What. Is. The. Big. Damn. Deal.

They sing. They perform. People, including children, (I know two womb gremlins who love a good dance to Sam Smith music) can enjoy their music and accept them for what they are.

It’s so frightening for some people, when someone is different, isn’t it?

He's an attention seeking twat. His songs all sound the same IMO. What I really dislike is that the Brit Awards moved to a single category of Best Artist. It would seem so because the fragrant Sam couldn't possibly be Best Female or Best Male.

This year only men were nominated. What a shit show.

"So, we basically all still like Harry Styles for being out there... But not Smith for being 'too out there' "

I like Harry styles’ knitted cardigan. But I like sam smiths music more. Their styles and behaviours outside of the music I’m not bothered by or interested in at all

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"What. Is. The. Big. Damn. Deal.

They sing. They perform. People, including children, (I know two womb gremlins who love a good dance to Sam Smith music) can enjoy their music and accept them for what they are.

It’s so frightening for some people, when someone is different, isn’t it?"

well let me ask you this do you walk down the street as you are in your avatar

By *nkyCplCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

He’s a massive baw bag.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Irritating. Though to be fair I never liked the whiny sounds like someone has just stood on my foot early sam smith. And a for that James bond song.

"So, we basically all still like Harry Styles for being out there... But not Smith for being 'too out there' "

Harry still comes across as being an altogether decent person, Sam cones across as being a dick.

It’s so frightening for some people, when someone is different, isn’t it?well let me ask you this do you walk down the street as you are in your avatar "

What does that have to do with Sam Smith?

Personally, I think their sound has changed too much, its like they are stuck in a gap between what they want to be and what their label demands.

They are a talented performer without a doubt but right now it's about headlines and controversy more than music.

It's very akin to George Michael in the mid 90s - I just hope we don't lose another obviously talented individual in the same way we did with Mr Michael.

By *agerMorganMan  over a year ago

Canvey Island

I’m not a fan of his music or style, but I find it ironic that people go on about his weight as though they’re in shape themselves.

Personally he isn’t affecting me or my life so I just live and let live.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I don’t like his music.

That’s about it. Artists present strange throughout the history of music.

Don’t ever go to a Rammstein my precious darlings.

"I’m not a fan of his music or style, but I find it ironic that people go on about his weight as though they’re in shape themselves.

Personally he isn’t affecting me or my life so I just live and let live. "

Yes, Jager. Yes.

He's stripping on stage?

It's no different to all the pop singers who sexualise their performances...boobs and butts gyrating everywhere!

Sam's not the only one that has done that.

"I’m not a fan of his music or style, but I find it ironic that people go on about his weight as though they’re in shape themselves.

Personally he isn’t affecting me or my life so I just live and let live. "

'Live and Let Live, now that was a good Bond theme!! .......before anyone says it I know!!!

I personally have zero issue what he wants to wear on stage. I've seen fem acts wear less

"I personally have zero issue what he wants to wear on stage. I've seen fem acts wear less "

Exactly! More acceptable for women to get their kit off though innit.

Dubai & Nottingham

"I don’t like his music.

That’s about it. Artists present strange throughout the history of music.

Don’t ever go to a Rammstein my precious darlings.

"

Seen them! Also went to a Gwar gig and was squirted with a giant syringe full of semen while the band fucked each other with huge dildos.

By *agerMorganMan  over a year ago

Canvey Island

Personally he isn’t affecting me or my life so I just live and let live.

'Live and Let Live, now that was a good Bond theme!! .......before anyone says it I know!!!"

That’s the B side when Bond took a few weeks off.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Dont hate him. I know and care even less about. I certainly dislike his voice and his music. Didnt even know he was fat. I couldnt give a toss about him changing his identity to them or anything else. He could call himself a couch or carrot for all i care. For me, i dislike his aggression about his newly invented identity and the need for him and others to announce it to all and sundry at every opportunity. If it makes you happy, fine crack on. I dont need to know.

A self centered, talentless individual who needs serious mental help, in my opinion

By *wingin CatMan  over a year ago

London

It just seems to be the anti-woke brigade who have a problem with him - and they'll find fault with just about whatever they can.

"I like the first song he did with disclosure , pretty good track but think after that he went shit and all OTT , silly vocals, look at me , drama and just played the stereotypical gay man, which is fine as a person but as an artist I disliked it after such a good start.

On the gender stuff I have issue with activists that benefit directly from their activism , it’s as simple as that , they compromise themselves.

I know a lot of activists and I respect them. I know a lot of artists that provoke thought so that the masses have thier eyes opened but they do it through their art only and stay quiet.

This man / person whatever he wants to call himself in my opinion compromises himself.

An example was the fisherthem, purposely going on a bout fishing to ‘fish’ the fisherman word from the interviewer so he could use it on division media ‘ interviewer midgenders Sam’ etc to sell more records.

That’s why I don’t like them too much "

Agree about Fisherthem. Loads of publicity for Sam, terrible for the community.

But! Most of the hate seems around the body weight/nakedness, or not?.. Like you're a fat cunt so you can't knock out a hit these days Sam

Dont hate him. I know and care even less about. I certainly dislike his voice and his music. Didnt even know he was fat. I couldnt give a toss about him changing his identity to them or anything else. He could call himself a couch or carrot for all i care. For me, i dislike his aggression about his newly invented identity and the need for him and others to announce it to all and sundry at every opportunity. If it makes you happy, fine crack on. I dont need to know. "

So, you dislike his music?

Why do you keep using "he/ him"?

Northampton

Why do you keep using "he/ him"? "

I’m guessing because they don’t want to use they/them.

By *obilebottomMan  over a year ago

All over

Some of us lead very simple lives and prefer it that way

"I like the first song he did with disclosure , pretty good track but think after that he went shit and all OTT , silly vocals, look at me , drama and just played the stereotypical gay man, which is fine as a person but as an artist I disliked it after such a good start.

Agree about Fisherthem. Loads of publicity for Sam, terrible for the community. "

Terribe for what community?... Fisherthem?.... I honestly doubt the binary/non binary fisher'them', community gave literally 1 (Fisherthem care)

I always put Sam Smith in the same bracket as Adele. Amazing talents that don’t need to use sex to sell records.

My kids (6 and 3 years old) love a few of their songs but I won’t allow them to watch their latest videos or songs for the same reason I don’t allow them to browse fab.

Tin town

Dont hate him. I know and care even less about. I certainly dislike his voice and his music. Didnt even know he was fat. I couldnt give a toss about him changing his identity to them or anything else. He could call himself a couch or carrot for all i care. For me, i dislike his aggression about his newly invented identity and the need for him and others to announce it to all and sundry at every opportunity. If it makes you happy, fine crack on. I dont need to know.

"

Yes so much so that i will say it twice. I dislike his voice and his music.

By *ife NinjaMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

I don't care about his size/weight. I don't like/dislike him personally, but the whole pro noun stuff is alien to a lot of people.

I also think his songs sound samey. I think that about a lot of artists.

Terribe for what community?... Fisherthem?.... I honestly doubt the binary/non binary fisher'them', community gave literally 1 (Fisherthem care) "

Aren't you hilarious.

Crack on with your hate thread.

Yes so much so that i will say it twice. I dislike his voice and his music. "

But do you care he gets his bits out on the telly?

By *wingin CatMan  over a year ago

London

"

But do you care he gets his bits out on the telly? "

As long as he's careful and doesn't accidentally electrocute himself.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

Who ?

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

"I think becoming they/them brought on a big dislike wave from the critics "

This

Dubai & Nottingham

Agree about Fisherthem. Loads of publicity for Sam, terrible for the community. "

I think the way he ‘fished for’ and then used that word as an a example of being misgendered lost him a lot of credibility and gave huge click bait that helped him make a lot more money , from people who need a role model , agreed people struggling with identity need prominent people to role model , but he’s really let them down badly.

It’s so frightening for some people, when someone is different, isn’t it?"

Womb gremlins is brilliant!

Pxx

The moment he posted a video whining about how hard lock down was, while sat in his mansion, I lost all interest in him.

I think the way he ‘fished for’ and then used that word as an a example of being misgendered lost him a lot of credibility and gave huge click bait that helped him make a lot more money , from people who need a role model , agreed people struggling with identity need prominent people to role model , but he’s really let them down badly.

"

Can we not just let people be? In a thousand years time if they dig him they will say ‘ oh look male’ because he is genetically a male, if he wants to be referred to in the here and now as something else that’s his choice, I’m also pro choice as in we don’t have to agree with him, he stays in his lane I will stay in mine, the most extreme are the loudest, it’s no good those in the middle trying to rationalise with the most extreme, it’s ok for Sam smith to be Sam smith , value him as a human being with talent but he’s not ‘special’ …. He might think he is, but he is no more special than you or I, he’s playing the look at me I’m important game and while those that feel the same way he does do have a voice and we must listen to them in a fair society we don’t have to agree on anything at all

Tin town

"Can we not just let people be? In a thousand years time if they dig him they will say ‘ oh look male’ because he is genetically a male, if he wants to be referred to in the here and now as something else that’s his choice, I’m also pro choice as in we don’t have to agree with him, he stays in his lane I will stay in mine, the most extreme are the loudest, it’s no good those in the middle trying to rationalise with the most extreme, it’s ok for Sam smith to be Sam smith , value him as a human being with talent but he’s not ‘special’ …. He might think he is, but he is no more special than you or I, he’s playing the look at me I’m important game and while those that feel the same way he does do have a voice and we must listen to them in a fair society we don’t have to agree on anything at all"

Sums it up very nicely.

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

I do like the new songs , the extravagant clothes, the red stage but in my opinion as others mentioned also the They and Them is what really have put him in the negative spotlight. This afterwards as become like a giant snowball with insinuations of evil worship etc etc . We can all remember Marilyn Manson , Madona , Ozzy Osbourn and other's how infamous they have become for they outfits or behaviour in the stage , nevertheless they were and they still loved and samevwill happen with Sam Smith. What is diferent is that the media technology these days is very different and this theme self identification and others related are relatively new for majority of society society

Tin town

Yes so much so that i will say it twice. I dislike his voice and his music. .

But do you care he gets his bits out on the telly? "

I wasnt aware that he had? So yes i mind of he gets his bits out on tv generally but context is everything. If its when kids or grannies are watching... No thats not cool. If its late when all those adult reality shows are on.. Well tbh id still rather not but as lots of others are doing so... Seems a bit churlish. I genuinely know very little about other than he won a talent show on tv.. Sang a few songs in a thin reedy voice and has been in the media recently looking for attention like a spoiled child.

The dude gives ammunition to dislike him.

I couldn't care less what he says his pronouns are, if i look at a dog i see a dog, if i look at a banana i see a banana, if someone decides that's it's a horse not a dog that's their problem not mine. This pronoun nonsense is being offended just to be offended, absolute bollox.

As for being a fat c#@t that's a whole other issue , that's just being unhealthy.

As for his music, not a fan, whiney shit.

By *tsJustKateWoman  over a year ago

London

I think Smith is repulsive and can't stand Smiths voice or songs. Never forgiven Smith for the utterly awful Bond theme!!

Nope not all, can't stand Harry Styles.

London

"So, we basically all still like Harry Styles for being out there... But not Smith for being 'too out there'

Nope not all, can't stand Harry Styles."

Yes, another totally overrated singer!

By *ash0000Man  over a year ago

Southwest

"I, The Boy, am not a fan of all of their music but will defend them to the ends of the earth. They are the most prominent non binary person and as such have attracted huge abuse by fucking morons who just want to hate.

This is exactly why most dislike HIM

"

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

No hate here. I know of Sam from popular media but have absolutely no intrest in Sam musically or culturally. Doesn't seem to me that they're doing any harm whether you agree or disagree with them. Seems to me what's more harmful to society is all the people hating and getting a bee in their bonnet.

Mr

"The moment he posted a video whining about how hard lock down was, while sat in his mansion, I lost all interest in him. "

This for me too.

Grown adults taking photos of themselves crying to post to social media is never a good look.

I actually do like their music, and it's good to see them branching out from the whole ballad genre, but I can appreciate their talent whilst still thinking they are a bit of an attention seeking whiner.

I think maybe people are shocked by the over sexualised performances because Sam Smith when they were in their ballad era was marketed as wholesome I guess. Let them explore their talent however they want but accept not everyone will enjoy the new look.

Nothing to do with his weight …. He’s just crap

London

"Nothing to do with his weight …. He’s just crap "

100%

I don't like or dislike him. I don't follow him. However one reason I think the "fisherthem" comment he said was to show how much men, male, man etc is ingrained in society. Most of us wouldn't think anything of it, but those who do identify differently, or are aware of these things would bring it up for those oblivious to realise how simple mistakes can be made or simply to make others aware of how society needs to change.

I don't like the fact men/man etc is associated in so many things regarding woMEN.

F

"The moment he posted a video whining about how hard lock down was, while sat in his mansion, I lost all interest in him.

This for me too.

Grown adults taking photos of themselves crying to post to social media is never a good look.

I actually do like their music, and it's good to see them branching out from the whole ballad genre, but I can appreciate their talent whilst still thinking they are a bit of an attention seeking whiner.

I think maybe people are shocked by the over sexualised performances because Sam Smith when they were in their ballad era was marketed as wholesome I guess. Let them explore their talent however they want but accept not everyone will enjoy the new look. "

I actually like his new look. It’s nothing new or original he is just channelling gay culture and events like sink the pink. But to me I can’t separate the person and the music.

Tin town

"I don't like or dislike him. I don't follow him. However one reason I think the "fisherthem" comment he said was to show how much men, male, man etc is ingrained in society. Most of us wouldn't think anything of it, but those who do identify differently, or are aware of these things would bring it up for those oblivious to realise how simple mistakes can be made or simply to make others aware of how society needs to change.

I don't like the fact men/man etc is associated in so many things regarding woMEN.

F"

Why do you think they were called fishermen?

"

Why do you think they were called fishermen? "

Because man have always been seen as superior.

F

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

Their music isn't my cup of tea to be honest. As to what he dresses, it's comparable what artists such as Christina Aguilera were wearing back in the early 00's. So what Sam is wearing and their shows is old fashioned if anything. To me it comes across as bullying we don't like some of Sam Smith's beliefs, so we will pick on everything to justify not liking them.

By *unfunfun xMan  over a year ago

LONDON

I think his a absolutely twat. industry I work in there are gay/lesbian/bi all open and proud and 99.9% agree his a twat too and doesn't show off the true meaning and if anything making people just think oh ffs this perfectic world we now live in with what is 100 different genders now, oil protesters climate protesters oh its st George's day today can I fly English flag, I feel sorry for the young generation today, older people like me will remember our childhood was perfect carefree growing up. World has gone mad. So me personally i go against the norm on here and won't agree to think it will put me in good light with the ladies, and i say his a TWAT nothing do with his sexuality or size his a great singer but a nobhead. Controversial message but I know few be reading this and thinking yep agree.

By *929Man  over a year ago

newcastle

"I think his a absolutely twat. industry I work in there are gay/lesbian/bi all open and proud and 99.9% agree his a twat too and doesn't show off the true meaning and if anything making people just think oh ffs this perfectic world we now live in with what is 100 different genders now, oil protesters climate protesters oh its st George's day today can I fly English flag, I feel sorry for the young generation today, older people like me will remember our childhood was perfect carefree growing up. World has gone mad. So me personally i go against the norm on here and won't agree to think it will put me in good light with the ladies, and i say his a TWAT nothing do with his sexuality or size his a great singer but a nobhead. Controversial message but I know few be reading this and thinking yep agree."

Well said mate

Dubai & Nottingham

"

F"

Don’t be silly , it’s because they were men not women , everyone knows this why pretend it’s anything else?

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"

F

Don’t be silly , it’s because they were men not women , everyone knows this why pretend it’s anything else? "

Exactly. Same as in my 18 years in education I never once saw a dinner man

La la land

"I think his a absolutely twat. industry I work in there are gay/lesbian/bi all open and proud and 99.9% agree his a twat too and doesn't show off the true meaning and if anything making people just think oh ffs this perfectic world we now live in with what is 100 different genders now, oil protesters climate protesters oh its st George's day today can I fly English flag, I feel sorry for the young generation today, older people like me will remember our childhood was perfect carefree growing up. World has gone mad. So me personally i go against the norm on here and won't agree to think it will put me in good light with the ladies, and i say his a TWAT nothing do with his sexuality or size his a great singer but a nobhead. Controversial message but I know few be reading this and thinking yep agree."

Crumbs what do you say about people who actually impact your actual life in a negative way?

Oh and you'll be glad to know, there's a St George's flag up on a flagpole no less in my village and I'm in Wales!!!!

Northampton

"I don't like or dislike him. I don't follow him. However one reason I think the "fisherthem" comment he said was to show how much men, male, man etc is ingrained in society. Most of us wouldn't think anything of it, but those who do identify differently, or are aware of these things would bring it up for those oblivious to realise how simple mistakes can be made or simply to make others aware of how society needs to change.

F"

Please explain how it’s ingrained, what needs to change and why.

By *ash0000Man  over a year ago

Southwest

"I think his a absolutely twat. industry I work in there are gay/lesbian/bi all open and proud and 99.9% agree his a twat too and doesn't show off the true meaning and if anything making people just think oh ffs this perfectic world we now live in with what is 100 different genders now, oil protesters climate protesters oh its st George's day today can I fly English flag, I feel sorry for the young generation today, older people like me will remember our childhood was perfect carefree growing up. World has gone mad. So me personally i go against the norm on here and won't agree to think it will put me in good light with the ladies, and i say his a TWAT nothing do with his sexuality or size his a great singer but a nobhead. Controversial message but I know few be reading this and thinking yep agree.

Well said mate "

Yep agree

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"The moment he posted a video whining about how hard lock down was, while sat in his mansion, I lost all interest in him. "

This is a bit silly, and unkind. Being rich doesn't automatically make you immune to being lonely or depressed.

I don't really have an opinion on Sam Smith. I don't understand why so many people need to have such negative opinions on people they've never met and have nothing to do with them.

It's not because he's fat,it's because he's a cunt

Paradise, Herts

"It's not because he's fat,it's because he's a cunt"

you tell em

By *ravelling_WilburyMan  over a year ago

Beverley

I lost interest at the beginning of lock down when he was posting pictures of himself, all alone, on social media. Except he didn't take the picture, and he's got a massive house with a massive garden to help pass the time, and others with genuine angst and anxiety were locked up in flats

"It's not because he's fat,it's because he's a cunt"

Yep, this.

LONDON

"I think his a absolutely twat. industry I work in there are gay/lesbian/bi all open and proud and 99.9% agree his a twat too and doesn't show off the true meaning and if anything making people just think oh ffs this perfectic world we now live in with what is 100 different genders now, oil protesters climate protesters oh its st George's day today can I fly English flag, I feel sorry for the young generation today, older people like me will remember our childhood was perfect carefree growing up. World has gone mad. So me personally i go against the norm on here and won't agree to think it will put me in good light with the ladies, and i say his a TWAT nothing do with his sexuality or size his a great singer but a nobhead. Controversial message but I know few be reading this and thinking yep agree.

Crumbs what do you say about people who actually impact your actual life in a negative way?

Oh and you'll be glad to know, there's a St George's flag up on a flagpole no less in my village and I'm in Wales!!!! "

I don't hang around people who will impact my life in a negative way. I have gay friends I have a jehovah witness friend Muslim friends etc. Do I have a person as a friend who is hard core on say class a d r u g s or a racist no because that would impact my life in a negative way.

"The moment he posted a video whining about how hard lock down was, while sat in his mansion, I lost all interest in him.

This is a bit silly, and unkind. Being rich doesn't automatically make you immune to being lonely or depressed.

I don't really have an opinion on Sam Smith. I don't understand why so many people need to have such negative opinions on people they've never met and have nothing to do with them."

Actually it’s the behaviour of a self absorbed cunt. I helped a charity over lockdown talking to gay kids trapped in homophobic households. They genuinely felt lonely, depressed and afraid. Call me silly and unkind if you want. But I don’t go whining about being short sighted at the RNIB.

Paradise, Herts

Oh and you'll be glad to know, there's a St George's flag up on a flagpole no less in my village and I'm in Wales!!!! I don't hang around people who will impact my life in a negative way. I have gay friends I have a jehovah witness friend Muslim friends etc. Do I have a person as a friend who is hard core on say class a d r u g s or a racist no because that would impact my life in a negative way. "

Yeah this is me too. I think he’s a whiny little twat but I really couldn’t give a toss. He’s very unlikely to ever cross my path anyway.

By *entlemanrogueMan  over a year ago

Barrhead

Sam isnt a he, Sam is a they/them.

I guess Sam was quite big when they first released music now people are getting bored, as with most musicians/bamds thry all have a shelf life.

LONDON

I don't really have an opinion on Sam Smith. I don't understand why so many people need to have such negative opinions on people they've never met and have nothing to do with them."

do you not have a negative opinion on say Hitler then or a racist or someone who attacks beats people because of there sexuality because it doesn't affect you it's not your concern or impacts your life?

F

Please explain how it’s ingrained, what needs to change and why."

What's ingrained into us is gender stereotypes. OK, we've grown up with fisherman/men as the word we use for anglers but how do any of us know it was men for sure who provided for their families and communities in this way. Just because women aren't written about in books or history doesn't mean they didn't do the providing. And that brings me on to men being bigger, stronger, braver so of course they'll have provided for us. But really? Surely there will have been strong independent women throughout history who had no man to rely on but they don't get spoken about because we can't deflate men's ego in the 21st century.

F

La la land

Oh and you'll be glad to know, there's a St George's flag up on a flagpole no less in my village and I'm in Wales!!!! I don't hang around people who will impact my life in a negative way. I have gay friends I have a jehovah witness friend Muslim friends etc. Do I have a person as a friend who is hard core on say class a d r u g s or a racist no because that would impact my life in a negative way. "

I'm the same, but I rarely call someone I never met or never will a Twat. But different strokes for different folks and all that

He looks better fat than he did when he was skinny, he looked a bit ill then..

"

F

Don’t be silly , it’s because they were men not women , everyone knows this why pretend it’s anything else? "

How do we know for sure it was just men?

F

Northampton

"

What's ingrained into us is gender stereotypes. OK, we've grown up with fisherman/men as the word we use for anglers but how do any of us know it was men for sure who provided for their families and communities in this way. Just because women aren't written about in books or history doesn't mean they didn't do the providing. And that brings me on to men being bigger, stronger, braver so of course they'll have provided for us. But really? Surely there will have been strong independent women throughout history who had no man to rely on but they don't get spoken about because we can't deflate men's ego in the 21st century.

F"

How do you know it wasn’t? Also not sure what books you read, but I’m relatively confident women are written about in plenty.

Are you seriously saying men have an ego due to things like “fishermen”?

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

They’re not my cup of tea musically and I don’t really do social media so I haven’t seen that much of them. I do find in your face behaviour kind of annoying but even with their overt behaviour and comments they’ve been mostly misgendered on this thread so I can now see why they maybe go overboard… seems there is a long, long way to go,

They

Them

It’s not difficult.

By *osey WalesMan  over a year ago

Surrey

Who's sam smith ?

By *adCherriesCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire/Northwest

Never heard of him

Mr

Tin town

F

Please explain how it’s ingrained, what needs to change and why.

F"

Interesting what you say about fishermen and anglers. Personally i use angler to talk about anglers and fishermen to talk about fishermen. If there were women on the boat id most likely say fishermen and women. The notion that we should change thousands of years of he we refer to something to placate some noisy people is silly.

Fishermen were called fishermen because they were men who went to fish...

Luckily wont be an issue for too much longer as the seas will be barren of fish.

Northampton

"The notion that we should change thousands of years of he we refer to something to placate some noisy people is silly."

Nailed it.

LONDON

At school when getting our lunches they were called dinner ladies I'm sure some men prepared school dinners too, but it was always dinner ladies never heard term dinner man I don't think infact it was never a issue, no marches or protest by anyone over that term lol. Hense why feel sorry for younger generation and kids, social media has a lot to answer for lot of this nonsense but then social media has lot of positives, give and take.

"At school when getting our lunches they were called dinner ladies I'm sure some men prepared school dinners too, but it was always dinner ladies never heard term dinner man I don't think infact it was never a issue, no marches or protest by anyone over that term lol. Hense why feel sorry for younger generation and kids, social media has a lot to answer for lot of this nonsense but then social media has lot of positives, give and take."

More importantly this point settles the lunch/dinner/tea debate.

"At school when getting our lunches they were called dinner ladies I'm sure some men prepared school dinners too, but it was always dinner ladies never heard term dinner man I don't think infact it was never a issue, no marches or protest by anyone over that term lol. Hense why feel sorry for younger generation and kids, social media has a lot to answer for lot of this nonsense but then social media has lot of positives, give and take."

First world problems, i shouldn't care but it annoys the hell out of me.

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol

Don't care about their weight.

Don't care about how they choose to identify themselves.

I just think they're a bit of a knob and probably not much fun to spend time with

By *osey WalesMan  over a year ago

Surrey

Oh he / she /it / them / they is some sort of cabaret act, from what i can get from the above.

Sounds like a bit of a plank to me

"They’re not my cup of tea musically and I don’t really do social media so I haven’t seen that much of them. I do find in your face behaviour kind of annoying but even with their overt behaviour and comments they’ve been mostly misgendered on this thread so I can now see why they maybe go overboard… seems there is a long, long way to go,

They

Them

It’s not difficult. "

It's not really about it not being difficult or not, it's more about it making sense ..

We have always used the words they and them to describe people when talking about them

"Them" refers to more than one person normally. So if we see " them " get swept out to see, the coastguard is going to be looking for more than one person..it will all get very confusing..

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"

I'm with you on this. I actually quite liked their earlier songs. I'll confess not to have heard much of their current catalogue, I'll be honest, so won't pass judgement on it.

North West

"They’re not my cup of tea musically and I don’t really do social media so I haven’t seen that much of them. I do find in your face behaviour kind of annoying but even with their overt behaviour and comments they’ve been mostly misgendered on this thread so I can now see why they maybe go overboard… seems there is a long, long way to go,

They

Them

It’s not difficult.

It's not really about it not being difficult or not, it's more about it making sense ..

We have always used the words they and them to describe people when talking about them

"Them" refers to more than one person normally. So if we see " them " get swept out to see, the coastguard is going to be looking for more than one person..it will all get very confusing..

"

No, it won't!

"Have you seen the person [sing] who has gone missing?"

"No, I have not seen them"

If you didn't know the gender of the missing person, you would automatically use their/them rather than he/she.

By *4bimMan  over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

Fascinating and eye opener

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

I don't really like their music (though I did like "Unholy"). That's about as far as I get. I don't pay much attention to much else about them.

But I really don't understand why people get quite so het up about them, and are so vitriolic; I feel sorry for them in that sense.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Never heard any of their songs bur I think they look absolutely ridiculous in everything they wear.If you look at Harry Styles who always looks nice

North West

"Never heard any of their songs bur I think they look absolutely ridiculous in everything they wear.If you look at Harry Styles who always looks nice"

I'm sure some people think I look ridiculous, but seeing as that's not especially useful feedback, I'd prefer them to keep it to themselves. I think the same applies to celebrities - I can't fathom why people think it's okay to put disparaging comments about anyone onto social media etc.

By *lynJMan  over a year ago

Morden

[Removed by poster at 23/04/23 11:47:40]

I'm baffled,can any male identify as a female?

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

"Never heard any of their songs bur I think they look absolutely ridiculous in everything they wear.If you look at Harry Styles who always looks nice"

Have you seen Harry in the sparkly Harlequin body suit, or the dress he wore on the cover of Vogue? I agree he looks great, and is a very attractive man, so can carry almost anything, but I'm sure some people think he looks ridiculous too.

I've also seen Sam Smith just wearing a suit and looking pretty conventional.

It's a thread asking our opinions on a person. And yet anyone who states a negative opinion about this person (who goes out of their way to court attention!) - gets lambasted for saying so. FFS.

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

I just don’t like Fisherthem

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

HE..has his day, couldn't give a shit.

Northampton

"Never heard any of their songs bur I think they look absolutely ridiculous in everything they wear.If you look at Harry Styles who always looks nice

I'm sure some people think I look ridiculous, but seeing as that's not especially useful feedback, I'd prefer them to keep it to themselves. I think the same applies to celebrities - I can't fathom why people think it's okay to put disparaging comments about anyone onto social media etc. "

You mean like calling people morons? At least be consistent.

I don’t like their music so I don’t follow along with what they’ve been up to but people will find anything to get their knickers in a twist about. It’s perfectly fine for someone like Harry styles to walk around in “women’s clothing” but it’s an uproar when someone like Sam smith does it, why? If you don’t like them, don’t watch, don’t consume any of their content, scroll past them on social media. It’s so simple.

Northampton

"I don’t like their music so I don’t follow along with what they’ve been up to but people will find anything to get their knickers in a twist about. It’s perfectly fine for someone like Harry styles to walk around in “women’s clothing” but it’s an uproar when someone like Sam smith does it, why? If you don’t like them, don’t watch, don’t consume any of their content, scroll past them on social media. It’s so simple. "

Not a fan of Harry’s, but what he wears suits him, the same can’t be said for Sam. He just comes across like a massive attention seeker. His music is shit too.

By *arpePinguisWoman  over a year ago

Norwich

Still not forgiven Sam for the godawful Bond theme they did

"I don’t like their music so I don’t follow along with what they’ve been up to but people will find anything to get their knickers in a twist about. It’s perfectly fine for someone like Harry styles to walk around in “women’s clothing” but it’s an uproar when someone like Sam smith does it, why? If you don’t like them, don’t watch, don’t consume any of their content, scroll past them on social media. It’s so simple.

Not a fan of Harry’s, but what he wears suits him, the same can’t be said for Sam. He just comes across like a massive attention seeker. His music is shit too."

That’s your opinion. I’m sure there’s others out there that think I look absolutely ridiculous in the clothes I enjoy wearing but I like them. Isn’t being an attention seeker the whole point in being a celebrity? How else are they staying relevant?.

Northampton

"

Not a fan of Harry’s, but what he wears suits him, the same can’t be said for Sam. He just comes across like a massive attention seeker. His music is shit too.

That’s your opinion. I’m sure there’s others out there that think I look absolutely ridiculous in the clothes I enjoy wearing but I like them. Isn’t being an attention seeker the whole point in being a celebrity? How else are they staying relevant?. "

I’m pretty confident most would agree he looks an ass in quite a few of his outfits, just people are too scared to say it.

There’s attention seeking and then there’s Sam fucking Smith!

North West

"Never heard any of their songs bur I think they look absolutely ridiculous in everything they wear.If you look at Harry Styles who always looks nice

I'm sure some people think I look ridiculous, but seeing as that's not especially useful feedback, I'd prefer them to keep it to themselves. I think the same applies to celebrities - I can't fathom why people think it's okay to put disparaging comments about anyone onto social media etc.

You mean like calling people morons? At least be consistent."

Where have we called someone a moron?

Northampton

I'm with you on this. I actually quite liked their earlier songs. I'll confess not to have heard much of their current catalogue, I'll be honest, so won't pass judgement on it. "

All over

[Removed by poster at 23/04/23 12:27:17]

By *ts the taking part thatMan  over a year ago

southampton

His body weight increase is irrelevant & he makes great songs but sadly the stupidity if not accepting he's male when he blatantly is creates division.

People that say gender is a choice really are the 'me me me' society.

Their are two genders & three sexualities & all the different labels are attention seeking needy people.

"Be kind & don't say anything if you have nothing nice to say" are just pressure to join the pretence.

Where have we called someone a moron?"

I think they have you confused with Kitty and the Boy who did.

"His body weight increase is irrelevant & he makes great songs but sadly the stupidity if not accepting he's male when he blatantly is creates division.

People that say gender is a choice really are the 'me me me' society.

Their are two genders & three sexualities & all the different labels are attention seeking needy people.

"Be kind & don't say anything if you have nothing nice to say" are just pressure to join the pretence."

There are two Sexes. Gender and sex aren't the same thing.

southampton

Still remember him bleating from his front step that Covid restrictions were awful for him.

"

This.

southampton

Whatever ever way you want to dress it up the world is male or female barring a few hermaphrodite & you are Straight, Gay or Bi.

Anything else is attention seeking pretence

By *r_PinkMan  over a year ago

london stratford

I think it is because he is trying to be outrageous, and the word trying is the emphasis.

Add to the fact he is chubby and he looked a tad stupid with some of his outfits on the red carpet.

Then there is the anti woke brigade as Sam wants to be known as her/she.

Personally, I don't give a fuck. Sam Smith is a good singer and that is all that I consider to be important.

I think it is because he is trying to be outrageous, and the word trying is the emphasis.

Add to the fact he is chubby and he looked a tad stupid with some of his outfits on the red carpet.

Then there is the anti woke brigade as Sam wants to be known as her/she.

Personally, I don't give a fuck. Sam Smith is a good singer and that is all that I consider to be important."

No he isn't,he's a shit singer

Northampton

Where have we called someone a moron?

I think they have you confused with Kitty and the Boy who did. "

No, they agreed with Kitty & the boy calling people morons. Just think if you’re going to take the moral high ground then at least be consistent.

Tin town

Can imagine my dear old mum insisting she was called a dinnerthem...still... Maybe tomorrow.

"Whatever ever way you want to dress it up the world is male or female barring a few hermaphrodite & you are Straight, Gay or Bi.

Anything else is attention seeking pretence "

OMG. Hermaphrodite?

There are people with DSDs (differences im sex development) - they're STILL male or female.

"

That’s your opinion. I’m sure there’s others out there that think I look absolutely ridiculous in the clothes I enjoy wearing but I like them. Isn’t being an attention seeker the whole point in being a celebrity? How else are they staying relevant?.

I’m pretty confident most would agree he looks an ass in quite a few of his outfits, just people are too scared to say it.

There’s attention seeking and then there’s Sam fucking Smith! "

Tin town

"I'm baffled,can any male identify as a female?"

Yes you can loretta

"I'm baffled,can any male identify as a female?

Yes you can loretta"

So I can change my gender like now this minute?

All over

Only 26 posts to this thread before it's closed

Personally, I think it's all about respecting choices in life. Smith's choice is to refer to himself as "they", and I respect that he has that choice. My choice is to refer to him as "him", and that's my choice. He, and his fans, should respect my choice as much as they respect his. Anything else is just bully tactics.

Bess x

Tin town

[Removed by poster at 23/04/23 12:56:40]

Northampton

"Personally, I think it's all about respecting choices in life. Smith's choice is to refer to himself as "they", and I respect that he has that choice. My choice is to refer to him as "him", and that's my choice. He, and his fans, should respect my choice as much as they respect his. Anything else is just bully tactics.

Bess x"

That’s really well put.

"I'm baffled,can any male identify as a female?

Yes you can loretta

So I can change my gender like now this minute?"

My understanding is that gender is how you present, act, and identify, based on the cultural norms of the sex you're presenting. It typically manifests as an observation by someone else.

Sex is what chromosomes you have.

Yes you can change your gender this minute. No you cannot change your sex this minute.

My view is that you've been watching far too much Daily Wire, and are engaging in this debate in bad faith, with no genuine desire to want to learn or understand the other side.

Personally, I listen to views right across the spectrum of opinion on the matter. But you don't seem to understand the basics of what the other side is saying.

In that case I now identify as a woman,you can address me as she or they

"In that case I now identify as a woman,you can address me as she or they"

Please don't be rude and respect my decision please

"In that case I now identify as a woman,you can address me as she or they

Please don't be rude and respect my decision please"

No problem at all xx

No problem at all xx"

I like you,you are always nice to everyone on here,even if you disagree you are still nice

North West

"Personally, I think it's all about respecting choices in life. Smith's choice is to refer to himself as "they", and I respect that he has that choice. My choice is to refer to him as "him", and that's my choice. He, and his fans, should respect my choice as much as they respect his. Anything else is just bully tactics.

Bess x"

That's fine, Andrew

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

I don't have a problem with Sam Smith. If I were to have a problem with said individual it would be because they've affected my life in some negative way.

I don't know if I've heard their music, and couldn't pick them out of a line up.

But from what's been said, I'm guessing that some people have an issue because of this person being fat, some people have an issue of they way they behave, some have an issue because of their lifestyle and some don't like the music.

Seems a lot of effort getting riled up about someone that you don't have to deal with in your life.

Have a great Sunday folks.

No problem at all xx

I like you,you are always nice to everyone on here,even if you disagree you are still nice "

If I was a total bitch to you, you wouldn't think about my arguments or what I had to say. If I approach our debate in good faith, and we are polite and reasonable with one another, then perhaps we can go away (still disagreeing) but understanding perhaps a little more about one another's perspectives, making us both better people.

And isn't that the purpose of spirited debate? Xx

No problem at all xx

I like you,you are always nice to everyone on here,even if you disagree you are still nice

If I was a total bitch to you, you wouldn't think about my arguments or what I had to say. If I approach our debate in good faith, and we are polite and reasonable with one another, then perhaps we can go away (still disagreeing) but understanding perhaps a little more about one another's perspectives, making us both better people.

And isn't that the purpose of spirited debate? Xx"

Indeed it is x

By *esYesOMGYes!Man  over a year ago

M20

I’m not a fan. I just see an ego inflated by autotune.

Tin town

"I don't have a problem with Sam Smith. If I were to have a problem with said individual it would be because they've affected my life in some negative way.

I don't know if I've heard their music, and couldn't pick them out of a line up.

But from what's been said, I'm guessing that some people have an issue because of this person being fat, some people have an issue of they way they behave, some have an issue because of their lifestyle and some don't like the music.

Seems a lot of effort getting riled up about someone that you don't have to deal with in your life.

Have a great Sunday folks."

Wasnt a lot of effort. Just a thread seeking peoples opinions.

Northampton

No problem at all xx

And isn't that the purpose of spirited debate? Xx"

Love, love, LOVE this!

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

"I don't have a problem with Sam Smith. If I were to have a problem with said individual it would be because they've affected my life in some negative way.

Have a great Sunday folks.

Wasnt a lot of effort. Just a thread seeking peoples opinions. "

I wasn't referring to the thread, I was referring to the general reactions of many.

Thread is cool

Northampton

"I’m not a fan. I just see an ego inflated by autotune."

As much as I dislike him he’s got an incredible voice! He was at a gig I went to (free with work) and although I thought his music was absolutely shit I could still acknowledge the talent.

By *urhamlad2022Man  over a year ago

here&there

Personally I think he has let himself go! The whole pronouns thing, dressed like a joint of pork the list goes on!

If that’s his views then fair enough! Each to their own

However I don’t think people need it rubbing down their throats.

By *adyJayneWoman  over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

"I personally have zero issue what he wants to wear on stage. I've seen fem acts wear less

Exactly! More acceptable for women to get their kit off though innit."

More acceptable for women who are attractive to western standards to get their kit off and gyrate on stage.

Have you seen some of the shit Lizzo gets for being body and sex positive?

Burnleyish (She/They)

"Whatever ever way you want to dress it up the world is male or female barring a few hermaphrodite & you are Straight, Gay or Bi.

OMG. Hermaphrodite?

There are people with DSDs (differences im sex development) - they're STILL male or female. "

Except where do you draw the line on that?

Sex is actually made up of 3(or 4ish) components.

Most people seem to basis it on gneitals, in which people may have a penis or a womb or both (I struggle with this because in my autistic mind that's a weird incomplete view but most humans are weird and have a weird obsession with gentials)

It's also your chromosomal makeup of which there are more anomalies than you would think and why most universities no longer let students test their own chromosomes. Way too much stress when someone finds out they do not match what they thought they should.

Then there is hormonal. Now I've not had my chromosomes checked. I was born with a womb, my womb however is surplus to requirements. Hormonally I have the blood work of a man. Things made a whole lot more sense to me when I found that out!

Then there is brain function. Neurological differences have been noted in the brains of those who identify as trans or non binary. (no not that our brains are broken, it's not saying it's a mental illness - much like my autism isn't) it's just that you can see someone's brain working differently, especially when answering questions around gender dysphoria.

Northampton

OMG. Hermaphrodite?

There are people with DSDs (differences im sex development) - they're STILL male or female.

Most people seem to basis it on gneitals, in which people may have a penis or a womb or both (I struggle with this because in my autistic mind that's a weird incomplete view but most humans are weird and have a weird obsession with gentials)

It's also your chromosomal makeup of which there are more anomalies than you would think and why most universities no longer let students test their own chromosomes. Way too much stress when someone finds out they do not match what they thought they should.

Then there is hormonal. Now I've not had my chromosomes checked. I was born with a womb, my womb however is surplus to requirements. Hormonally I have the blood work of a man. Things made a whole lot more sense to me when I found that out!

Then there is brain function. Neurological differences have been noted in the brains of those who identify as trans or non binary. (no not that our brains are broken, it's not saying it's a mental illness - much like my autism isn't) it's just that you can see someone's brain working differently, especially when answering questions around gender dysphoria."

Would you mind sharing the info regarding the chromosome and neurological stuff please? Very keen to educate myself a bit more.

Jordan Peterson has spoken a few times about the neurological differences between men & women and I found it really interesting.

OMG. Hermaphrodite?

Then there is brain function. Neurological differences have been noted in the brains of those who identify as trans or non binary. (no not that our brains are broken, it's not saying it's a mental illness - much like my autism isn't) it's just that you can see someone's brain working differently, especially when answering questions around gender dysphoria."

In terms of those with a DSD, as far as I know the line is drawn at birth in terms of "best fit".

Sex is made up of chromosomes, genitals, gonads and hormones.

OMG. Hermaphrodite?

Then there is brain function. Neurological differences have been noted in the brains of those who identify as trans or non binary. (no not that our brains are broken, it's not saying it's a mental illness - much like my autism isn't) it's just that you can see someone's brain working differently, especially when answering questions around gender dysphoria.

In terms of those with a DSD, as far as I know the line is drawn at birth in terms of "best fit".

Sex is made up of chromosomes, genitals, gonads and hormones. "

It's either got a cock or a war wound...I think that defines his sex

OMG. Hermaphrodite?

It's either got a cock or a war wound...I think that defines his sex "

When it comes to DSDs it's far more complicated but it's irrelevant to Sam Smith.

By *iss_Juicy79Woman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Nothing to do with gender or being overweight for me it's his voice that annoys me.

I'm the same with Ariana Grande they're voices just grate on me

OMG. Hermaphrodite?

It's either got a cock or a war wound...I think that defines his sex

When it comes to DSDs it's far more complicated but it's irrelevant to Sam Smith. "

It's only complicated because "They" make it so...I'd be interested to see what his passport application classes him as

By *riel13Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

He's trying way to hard to stay relevant

Burnleyish (She/They)

"Would you mind sharing the info regarding the chromosome and neurological stuff please? Very keen to educate myself a bit more.

Jordan Peterson has spoken a few times about the neurological differences between men & women and I found it really interesting. "

https://novonordiskfonden.dk/en/news/more-women-than-expected-are-genetically-men/#:~:text=%E2%80%9CGirls%20born%20with%20XY%20chromosomes,few%20can%20even%20give%20birth.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/sex-redefined-the-idea-of-2-sexes-is-overly-simplistic1/

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/is-there-something-unique-about-the-transgender-brain/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8955456/

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/05/180524112351.htm