FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Emotions

Emotions

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

How good are you at showing your emotions,? Are you one that cries easily or do you bottle it all up. I find it very difficult to cry. I haven't shed a tear since my partner died. It's been six months since he died and I still haven't shed a tear

I thought they would come out when Paul o grady died as he was my favourite but no not a tear even though I've watched clips of his funeral.

I have cried in the past although I'm nit a natural crier and when I have it's been therapeutic and everyone says it's good to cry but I just can't.

How easy do you find it to cry

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Really easy. I cry all the time, but I didn’t for years.

I thought I had to be strong and keep it in, because I got given grief if I did cry.

"Really easy. I cry all the time, but I didn’t for years.

I thought I had to be strong and keep it in, because I got given grief if I did cry. "

What made you change

I cry or have tears at everything, from the animal cruelty adverts that I can't turn over quick enough, then it's in my head for hours til the next one. A film with animals i dread!

I cry at the elderly/dementia adverts. I cry when I'm gearing up to go out and when I come back.

But i was never an overly emotional person while I was a community carer. I hardened i think, now it's all caught up with me

"I cry or have tears at everything, from the animal cruelty adverts that I can't turn over quick enough, then it's in my head for hours til the next one. A film with animals i dread!

I cry at the elderly/dementia adverts. I cry when I'm gearing up to go out and when I come back.

But i was never an overly emotional person while I was a community carer. I hardened i think, now it's all caught up with me"

I think I'm the other way round. I remember my ex husband wanted to stop me watching surprise surprise but I can't actually remember when I stopped crying. I remember crying seeing my dad in the Chapel of rest and that was ten years ago

I can't remember crying since

I thought I had to be strong and keep it in, because I got given grief if I did cry. What made you change"

I’ve done a fuck tonne of ‘inner work’.

Feeling and allowing emotions was part of it.

Being in safe spaces (women’s circles are very beneficial) where space is held for you can really help.

I reckon I cry most days.

In the shower.

When I go to bed.

The moments when I don't have a million and one things to do and it all just hits me.

I thought I had to be strong and keep it in, because I got given grief if I did cry. What made you change

Being in safe spaces (women’s circles are very beneficial) where space is held for you can really help."

I go to safe space groups when I'm well although there mixed sex and I have support workers and the number for cruise which I haven't used but no the tears still won't come. I'm glad it's worked for you as it can be such a realise

By *rtyIanMan  over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

I am not afraid to show mine, or talk about them, strange for a man I know lol

By *4bimMan  over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

I have to be strong for others.

When I get my quiet moments I think.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I've been a carer from the age of 12 and experienced so much loss over the years that I've become hardened to it all.

I lost my dad, my uncle and aunt, two cousins, both maternal grandparents and both godparents in the space of 6 or 7 years and found it difficult to grieve.

I've lost 2 close family members and one of my dogs since Christmas passed and struggled with the loss of the dog more than the others and can't explain why.

I guess growing up in NI with all that was going on around me also had a profound effect and I became immune to grief.

I thought I had to be strong and keep it in, because I got given grief if I did cry. What made you change

Being in safe spaces (women’s circles are very beneficial) where space is held for you can really help.I go to safe space groups when I'm well although there mixed sex and I have support workers and the number for cruise which I haven't used but no the tears still won't come. I'm glad it's worked for you as it can be such a realise "

Do you journal?

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"I have to be strong for others.

When I get my quiet moments I think. "

This for me too at the moment. I have to be. But when I’m alone I’ll have a mini breakdown. Never in front of people though. It’s not easy. Sometimes I’m there with a massive knot in my stomach and a brick in my throat, almost throwing up but I have to keep it together.

Being in safe spaces (women’s circles are very beneficial) where space is held for you can really help.I go to safe space groups when I'm well although there mixed sex and I have support workers and the number for cruise which I haven't used but no the tears still won't come. I'm glad it's worked for you as it can be such a realise

Do you journal? "

Yes but it's about happy memories of my partner. I have severe mental health problems and they manifest in different ways but not tears

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

If i'm in the presence of someone o will hide i can't show my emotions easily , at home i do cry alot , sometimes a documentary , a story, a movie or even a song that can in somo way creat an emotion of nostalgia, caring , injustice , even seeing kindness all this many times makes me cry

Farnborough Hampshire

[Removed by poster at 22/04/23 22:10:31]

Farnborough Hampshire

This for me too at the moment. I have to be. But when I’m alone I’ll have a mini breakdown. Never in front of people though. It’s not easy. Sometimes I’m there with a massive knot in my stomach and a brick in my throat, almost throwing up but I have to keep it together. "

I don't have a mini breakdown more like problem solving situations.

I look at things. For example I will write down the positive and negative of a person being in my life.

If the negative wins, they go.

This maybe harsh, I may get things wrong but I have a balance I'm not prepared to let anyone disturb unless their is a benefit to me.

I get angry, like everyone but I channel it, absorb it, then wait until the time is right to use it.

God bless you all x

I hide them .. or at least try

Being in safe spaces (women’s circles are very beneficial) where space is held for you can really help.I go to safe space groups when I'm well although there mixed sex and I have support workers and the number for cruise which I haven't used but no the tears still won't come. I'm glad it's worked for you as it can be such a realise

Do you journal? Yes but it's about happy memories of my partner. I have severe mental health problems and they manifest in different ways but not tears"

I’d be wary of advising anything then, but could you talk to your support worker about journaling the grief?

Do you journal? Yes but it's about happy memories of my partner. I have severe mental health problems and they manifest in different ways but not tears

I’d be wary of advising anything then, but could you talk to your support worker about journaling the grief?"

I’m so sorry for your loss, that must be horrendous

By *ansoffateMan  over a year ago

Sagittarius A

My condolences for your loss. My partner died 3 years ago, sudden no warning. Still feel it sometimes now. Was a long time before I could remember the happy memories. It would have been our anniversary in a few days.

I am pretty good at showing my emotions, but the deep stuff: crying over that kind of loss it's hard for me. I do think it's necessary and therapeutic it's cathartic.

I was lucky enough to have a friend, I am very close to. For some reason when she held me I could cry. She'd come round hug me and I'd instantly burst into tears. Sometimes, even now I have to go to her grave.

People talk about 'getting over it' I think it's more just accepting it will always hurt sometimes and that's a part of my life now.

"My condolences for your loss. My partner died 3 years ago, sudden no warning. Still feel it sometimes now. Was a long time before I could remember the happy memories. It would have been our anniversary in a few days.

I am pretty good at showing my emotions, but the deep stuff: crying over that kind of loss it's hard for me. I do think it's necessary and therapeutic it's cathartic.

I was lucky enough to have a friend, I am very close to. For some reason when she held me I could cry. She'd come round hug me and I'd instantly burst into tears. Sometimes, even now I have to go to her grave.

People talk about 'getting over it' I think it's more just accepting it will always hurt sometimes and that's a part of my life now."

I hear you

Paradise, Herts

This for me too at the moment. I have to be. But when I’m alone I’ll have a mini breakdown. Never in front of people though. It’s not easy. Sometimes I’m there with a massive knot in my stomach and a brick in my throat, almost throwing up but I have to keep it together.

I look at things. For example I will write down the positive and negative of a person being in my life.

This maybe harsh, I may get things wrong but I have a balance I'm not prepared to let anyone disturb unless their is a benefit to me.

I get angry, like everyone but I channel it, absorb it, then wait until the time is right to use it.

God bless you all x"

Ah right. Different then. This is family and illnesses and being strong for that. No balance involved, I’m there whatever happens. Not going anywhere.

Do you journal? Yes but it's about happy memories of my partner. I have severe mental health problems and they manifest in different ways but not tears

I’d be wary of advising anything then, but could you talk to your support worker about journaling the grief?

I’m so sorry for your loss, that must be horrendous "

I have two support workers and one has doubled up as a grief Councillor since he died and we do talk my emotions through and I go to a special place I went to with my partner but its like I have a brick wall built up and it's not doing me any good

Farnborough Hampshire

God bless you all x

Ah right. Different then. This is family and illnesses and being strong for that. No balance involved, I’m there whatever happens. Not going anywhere. "

Strength comes in many forms. A lot don't realise how strong they actually are x

"My condolences for your loss. My partner died 3 years ago, sudden no warning. Still feel it sometimes now. Was a long time before I could remember the happy memories. It would have been our anniversary in a few days.

People talk about 'getting over it' I think it's more just accepting it will always hurt sometimes and that's a part of my life now."

Jay was a lot older than me and we knew we wouldn't be together as long as some couples so we made memories in everything we did. He died very suddenly. He had cancer but didn't know. He went in hospital on the Friday and died on the Monday so I think the shock is still there

Paradise, Herts

People talk about 'getting over it' I think it's more just accepting it will always hurt sometimes and that's a part of my life now.Jay was a lot older than me and we knew we wouldn't be together as long as some couples so we made memories in everything we did. He died very suddenly. He had cancer but didn't know. He went in hospital on the Friday and died on the Monday so I think the shock is still there"

That must have been awful for you. I’m so sorry x

By * F 2018Couple  over a year ago

shropshire

Really easy to cry at the moment

grief good days and bad days

People talk about 'getting over it' I think it's more just accepting it will always hurt sometimes and that's a part of my life now.Jay was a lot older than me and we knew we wouldn't be together as long as some couples so we made memories in everything we did. He died very suddenly. He had cancer but didn't know. He went in hospital on the Friday and died on the Monday so I think the shock is still there

That must have been awful for you. I’m so sorry x"

It was he had been very poorly for a month the first tests showed nothing and he was waiting further tests. It just all happened very suddenly and maybe that's what I'm not dealing with

People talk about 'getting over it' I think it's more just accepting it will always hurt sometimes and that's a part of my life now.Jay was a lot older than me and we knew we wouldn't be together as long as some couples so we made memories in everything we did. He died very suddenly. He had cancer but didn't know. He went in hospital on the Friday and died on the Monday so I think the shock is still there

That must have been awful for you. I’m so sorry xIt was he had been very poorly for a month the first tests showed nothing and he was waiting further tests. It just all happened very suddenly and maybe that's what I'm not dealing with"

That sounds so traumatic .

You’re probably right, and it’s blocking a release

Paradise, Herts

That must have been awful for you. I’m so sorry xIt was he had been very poorly for a month the first tests showed nothing and he was waiting further tests. It just all happened very suddenly and maybe that's what I'm not dealing with"

Yes it could be. The terrible shock on top of the loss x

I am a very sensitive soul. I feel deeply and that means I do get emotional. I cry a lot - happy and sad tears.

"I am a very sensitive soul. I feel deeply and that means I do get emotional. I cry a lot - happy and sad tears. "
I just wish I could. I don't think it's a good thing not being able to cry

By *espacito56Man  over a year ago

Orkney

"How good are you at showing your emotions,? Are you one that cries easily or do you bottle it all up. I find it very difficult to cry. I haven't shed a tear since my partner died. It's been six months since he died and I still haven't shed a tear

I thought they would come out when Paul o grady died as he was my favourite but no not a tear even though I've watched clips of his funeral.

I have cried in the past although I'm nit a natural crier and when I have it's been therapeutic and everyone says it's good to cry but I just can't.

How easy do you find it to cry"

Not at all easy. Didn't when my dad and later mum died. Hardly at all when my wife died 18 months ago. Just don't feel the need, or see the benefit.

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

I’m so sorry for your loss. We are complex beings. For many many years I felt nothing at all. I was barely functioning but couldn’t cry.

At some point that changed but I don’t remember exactly when. These days I’m pretty emotional. But I kind of feel that these days I can cope with it and maybe back then my body was protecting me.

I hope you find your way through it.

"I’m so sorry for your loss. We are complex beings. For many many years I felt nothing at all. I was barely functioning but couldn’t cry.

At some point that changed but I don’t remember exactly when. These days I’m pretty emotional. But I kind of feel that these days I can cope with it and maybe back then my body was protecting me.

I hope you find your way through it. "

Thankyou. I'm completely the opposite. I used to be able to cry and then just stopped. I think maybe it is my body protecting myself. I remember once telling someone I suffered from depression and they said does that mean you spend your days crying. In fact I cried very little

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

Very emotional as a rule. But I was never sure whether that was depression or genuine tears (if that makes sense?).

But, I’m on medication at the moment for anxiety and it has made me quite unemotional.

My mums old cat passed away on Thursday and I didn’t cry. I felt sad and welled up, but no tears fell. I’m pretty sure before I was on this medication I would have been a sobbing wreck.

Grief affects people differently and there is no right or wrong way of dealing with it.

"How good are you at showing your emotions,? Are you one that cries easily or do you bottle it all up. I find it very difficult to cry. I haven't shed a tear since my partner died. It's been six months since he died and I still haven't shed a tear

How easy do you find it to cry

Not at all easy. Didn't when my dad and later mum died. Hardly at all when my wife died 18 months ago. Just don't feel the need, or see the benefit."

sorry for your losses but I feel the need to cry to start the grieving process

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I cried so much watching an episode of Downton Abbey I couldn't breathe and thought I was going to have a panic attack.

I had to turn it off to compose myself.

I cried for months and months after my mum died.

So sorry to anyone who has suffered loss. It's never easy and time doesn't heal, you just transition

As for me, I have to hold it in, I have too many people relying on me at home and at work to be strong and keep it together. I'm the go to in a crisis usually and I wouldn't change that

I don't cry that often, I get emotional but I don't feel I can let my emotions go, not in front of anyone anyway.

Still wondering what my break point is....

By *avexxMan  over a year ago

cheshire

"So sorry to anyone who has suffered loss. It's never easy and time doesn't heal, you just transition

As for me, I have to hold it in, I have too many people relying on me at home and at work to be strong and keep it together. I'm the go to in a crisis usually and I wouldn't change that

I don't cry that often, I get emotional but I don't feel I can let my emotions go, not in front of anyone anyway.

Still wondering what my break point is...."

,, your good strong woman but if you want to cry let it out

"I am a very sensitive soul. I feel deeply and that means I do get emotional. I cry a lot - happy and sad tears. I just wish I could. I don't think it's a good thing not being able to cry"

There is no wrong or right way to grieve. Crying is not a measure of how much you feel.

Different people deal with things in different ways. Dont try to compare the way you are grieving to that of someone else.

I cant cry! Medication seems to put pay to that but it doesn't mean I dont feel.

"I am a very sensitive soul. I feel deeply and that means I do get emotional. I cry a lot - happy and sad tears. I just wish I could. I don't think it's a good thing not being able to cry"

I think sometimes it's fear holding us back. I think if the lid comes off we worry about how much will come out. Or at least I know I do.

Especially when it comes to grief. I don't think I've fully processed a lot of the grief I've experienced, despite being emotional. Some things I have to almost hold back as a form of self preservation.

There's no right or wrong though when it comes to these things. Only what is.

"I am a very sensitive soul. I feel deeply and that means I do get emotional. I cry a lot - happy and sad tears. I just wish I could. I don't think it's a good thing not being able to cry

There is no wrong or right way to grieve. Crying is not a measure of how much you feel.

Different people deal with things in different ways. Dont try to compare the way you are grieving to that of someone else.

I cant cry! Medication seems to put pay to that but it doesn't mean I dont feel. "

I take a lot of medication as well. Someone did say that the grieve is so strong it can't suffice

Sagittarius A

People talk about 'getting over it' I think it's more just accepting it will always hurt sometimes and that's a part of my life now.Jay was a lot older than me and we knew we wouldn't be together as long as some couples so we made memories in everything we did. He died very suddenly. He had cancer but didn't know. He went in hospital on the Friday and died on the Monday so I think the shock is still there"

Shock was a big factor for me too, it's triggered cPTSD I thought I'd seen the back of. My partner went to the doctors with a headache. Brain aneurysm, next time I saw her was ICU on life support, the haemorrhage crushed her brain stem. They always get to say goodbye in the movies. What I would give for that. There's no right or wrong with grief, everyone deals with it their own way. I feel for you, I really do.

Shock was a big factor for me too, it's triggered cPTSD I thought I'd seen the back of. My partner went to the doctors with a headache. Brain aneurysm, next time I saw her was ICU on life support, the haemorrhage crushed her brain stem. They always get to say goodbye in the movies. What I would give for that. There's no right or wrong with grief, everyone deals with it their own way. I feel for you, I really do."

Genuinely I am so sorry to here that Life can be pretty shit at times

I cry scream and shout when I take myself off to a beach and sit down alone otherwise I hold it all together until that point always alone when I let it out x

I don't cry easily especially in front of others. There's about 3 people I'll cry in front of even then it needs to have been bottled up for an age before I'll let go. There's been a lot going on on the last couple of weeks and I'm definitely due a good cry but it hasn't worked its way out yet.

Pxx

Sagittarius A

Shock was a big factor for me too, it's triggered cPTSD I thought I'd seen the back of. My partner went to the doctors with a headache. Brain aneurysm, next time I saw her was ICU on life support, the haemorrhage crushed her brain stem. They always get to say goodbye in the movies. What I would give for that. There's no right or wrong with grief, everyone deals with it their own way. I feel for you, I really do.Genuinely I am so sorry to here that Life can be pretty shit at times"

Thank you, as cheesy as it sounds sharing is caring. Empathy can heal. I have a bunch of scars, some visible some under the skin. Everyone of them reminds me I've been true to myself and followed my heart. I'm not stopping now.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I don't cry at deeply sad things. As you know my mum died just over a year ago, I didn't cry sitting with her while she was dying, I was dry eyed at her funeral and I can talk about her without tearing up. The only time I cried was when my friend sent me a touching card.

I think the bad thing is thinking you should react to grief a certain way because that's how the majority do.

I'm sensitive, I feel deeply I just don't express it as many others do.

Please don't beat yourself up about not crying, it might happen and it might not. It doesn't mean you don't grieve

OP do you feel that if you cry you won't be able to stop? That your holding it in because you don't know what will happen if you do? Xx

By *ehindHerEyesCouple  over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

My mum lost her partner suddenly just after lockdown started, it took her over a year to actually let herself grieve properly as she was scared to, scared that all the emotions involved of not getting to say goodbye, not being able to have a proper funeral and just life being so damn cruel as to take away the one she thought was forever would take her under and she'd never get back out. She never grieved her father properly and it resulted in an end of attempt when a different relationship went south and it worried me immensely. She attends a regular grief supprt group and has for the past 2 years and it definitely has helped her process a lot of things she wouldn't have.

T x

"OP do you feel that if you cry you won't be able to stop? That your holding it in because you don't know what will happen if you do? Xx"
Yes I think so. I loved him so deeply and I genuinely believe I'm still in shock. I think when I do manage to cry there will be no stopping mr

"My mum lost her partner suddenly just after lockdown started, it took her over a year to actually let herself grieve properly as she was scared to, scared that all the emotions involved of not getting to say goodbye, not being able to have a proper funeral and just life being so damn cruel as to take away the one she thought was forever would take her under and she'd never get back out. She never grieved her father properly and it resulted in an end of attempt when a different relationship went south and it worried me immensely. She attends a regular grief supprt group and has for the past 2 years and it definitely has helped her process a lot of things she wouldn't have.

T x"

I do think it's important to grieve properly and that's what worries Mr

I've been given cruise helpline but I just can't ring them

"OP do you feel that if you cry you won't be able to stop? That your holding it in because you don't know what will happen if you do? XxYes I think so. I loved him so deeply and I genuinely believe I'm still in shock. I think when I do manage to cry there will be no stopping mr"

Sorry for your loss

I'm actually a very emotional guy, and I'm finding it's getting worse the older I get...but like yourself OP I lost someone very close to me (albeit January last year) and found it very difficult to release the lose until a good friend on Fab had words with me and helped me process what I was feeling...then the floodgates opened!!

It varies for me and am surprised at what does make me cry, like things on TV.

I am worried I won't cry when I should like if I lose a family member, which may soon experience.

By *ehindHerEyesCouple  over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

"My mum lost her partner suddenly just after lockdown started, it took her over a year to actually let herself grieve properly as she was scared to, scared that all the emotions involved of not getting to say goodbye, not being able to have a proper funeral and just life being so damn cruel as to take away the one she thought was forever would take her under and she'd never get back out. She never grieved her father properly and it resulted in an end of attempt when a different relationship went south and it worried me immensely. She attends a regular grief supprt group and has for the past 2 years and it definitely has helped her process a lot of things she wouldn't have.

T xI do think it's important to grieve properly and that's what worries Mr

I've been given cruise helpline but I just can't ring them "

When the time is right you will, one day it will just feel right and you'll be able to begin grieving when you're ready to. There's no right or wrong answer or way for someone to grieve, you have to do what feels right for you at the time x

T x

Thankyou to everyone who has contributed to this thread. It makes me feel emotional I kudybwish I could cry

By *opinovMan  over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

I reached a point when I had nothing left to cry out... I'd cried myself dry. Since then, though I sometimes feel I might, I pretty much can't.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'm emotional and cry but not exclusively. I express sadness and deal with it in various ways

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I am a private crier, tend to bottle it up and let loose at home, I've a few songs that are triggers for me to let it all out

I'm definitely a private crier. I usually cry in anger though not genuine sadness, I hate crying but sometimes it's needed.

I'm not an overly emotional person in that sense though.

By *uckyNineMan  over a year ago

prescot

I’m an angry crier, totally undermines my rage but I can’t help it!!

By *unfunfun xMan  over a year ago

LONDON

I'm a soppy sod type, I cry well few tears fall down with no noise on occasions that trigger it, and I try to pull myself together, a ex years ago liked that I cried said it says so much about a person and myself.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

I don’t, haven’t cried since I was a child.

Also crying people annoy me.

The mr

Depends where I am in my cycle, I was crying at BGT last night which isn't normal

Sorry to be that annoying one.

Op I’m sorry your going through what your going through. Emotions are what they are, just a natural thing. Crying or not crying, it doesn’t change how you feel.

Me? I’ve cried every week for over a year now. Not one week hasn’t gone by. One week not long ago I cried ever night. Some nights I literally sob. True story.

I avoid sitting and talking to people face to face of the subjects that kick it off because I can feel the my sadness tipping over as my eyes fill up, so yeh, I find it hard to hide my emotional state.

All the best to you op, but because you don’t cry, it doesn’t mean you don’t feel.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

"Sorry to be that annoying one.

Op I’m sorry your going through what your going through. Emotions are what they are, just a natural thing. Crying or not crying, it doesn’t change how you feel.

Me? I’ve cried every week for over a year now. Not one week hasn’t gone by. One week not long ago I cried ever night. Some nights I literally sob. True story.

I avoid sitting and talking to people face to face of the subjects that kick it off because I can feel the my sadness tipping over as my eyes fill up, so yeh, I find it hard to hide my emotional state.

All the best to you op, but because you don’t cry, it doesn’t mean you don’t feel. "

Oh Woody.

I do cry. The hormonal, time of the month my body doesn't like female hormones crying? Sure.

I cry at songs that remind me of loved ones who've died. Or things, like the other day when I found the diaries my best friend and I would fill out every day after school - one of us taking it home and writing in it to let the other know all about their day. Sometimes I think about giving them to her mum as a reminder of how fantastic her daughter was.

I cry when things move me. That perfect film scene, the art that takes my breath away. The soaring bars of a beautiful piece of music.

I spent two years not feeling anything. Numbing away anything that felt like any sort of emotion through various things and means. I thought that if I felt things, really allowed myself to I might get swallowed up by them. Be too much for people.

And, I'm not saying you do this Karen. Far from it.

I don't want to go back there. So I'm happy to cry. Maybe stupidly at times.

"

….

I cry when things move me. That perfect film scene, the art that takes my breath away. The soaring bars of a beautiful piece of music.

I spent two years not feeling anything. Numbing away anything that felt like any sort of emotion through various things and means. I thought that if I felt things, really allowed myself to I might get swallowed up by them. Be too much for people.

….. "

I understand what you wrote, a lot. I feel that I’m now too much for people. Too intense, to dramatic. Too emotional. ‘Just want to have fun!’ It funny when you hear how nice it is for men to be open about feelings and yet the actions of people you love don’t seem to want to know.

I was the complete opposite to the op. My flood gates opened and it’s not stopped raining at my feet from my own tears when I talk about anything or like you Meli, hear music, look at a painting. It like an highly sensitive nerve being pulled, and I fill up.

C can bottle and hide anything for years! I prefer to let it out and be done with it. Can’t say that means I cry a lot but just emotion in general whether positive or negative I tend to get it out

Mr

By *ycom72Man  over a year ago

Birmingham

I’m a man and I’m not scared to show my emotions all cry ., I kept things bottled up for years and then it hit me like a car all in one go .. I won’t go into my problems as that’s selfish !

But grief is personal to everyone try to talk to a friend or family . But I think your and it’s just way of dealing with it ..

"Thankyou to everyone who has contributed to this thread. It makes me feel emotional I kudybwish I could cry"

Some medications can stop the ability to cry.

Massive hugs. Xxx

Paradise, Herts

"Sorry to be that annoying one.

All the best to you op, but because you don’t cry, it doesn’t mean you don’t feel. "

I totally get this Woody x

How easy do you find it to cry"

I find it far too easy to cry and it makes me feel physically ill afterwards (part of a larger condition I manage) x It’s frustrating because I actually think crying can be cathartic but in my case it’s just making things worse lol x Sorry for your loss and I hope you have friends/family supporting you x

"I reckon I cry most days.

In the shower.

When I go to bed.

The moments when I don't have a million and one things to do and it all just hits me. "

This breaks my heart honestly x You don’t know me but we can talk if you want to x Mrs

"I’m an angry crier, totally undermines my rage but I can’t help it!!"

Me too and its so frustrating

"

Those few lines have made me cry. I worked a night shift last night and was nursing a man who passed away in the early hours unexpectedly. I had to break the news to his partner who was at home with their children.

I came home this morning feeling numb until your words triggered a reaction.

I wish I could wave a magic wand and open your floodgates. I hope it happens soon and I’m sorry for your loss. Much love to you x

"

That must have been awful for you. I’m so sorry xIt was he had been very poorly for a month the first tests showed nothing and he was waiting further tests. It just all happened very suddenly and maybe that's what I'm not dealing with

Those few lines have made me cry. I worked a night shift last night and was nursing a man who passed away in the early hours unexpectedly. I had to break the news to his partner who was at home with their children.

I came home this morning feeling numb until your words triggered a reaction.

I wish I could wave a magic wand and open your floodgates. I hope it happens soon and I’m sorry for your loss. Much love to you x"

Thankyou. I've released this thread this morning and I do think I'm still in shock

» Add a new message to this topic