FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Cruises

Cruises

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hcpl OP   Couple  over a year ago

aberdeen

we're looking to go on a cruise, not yet sure when or where....we've never been on one so hopefully looking for advice...ins & outs ...tips..do's & don'ts...well you get the gist. Any help either here or private message we would be extremely grateful

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rodie568Couple  over a year ago

Cambridge

We’ve been on a cruise this time last year around the Canary island loved it was so much fun apart from my inability to sleep on anything that moves so many sleepless nights while we were out at Sea. However, the cruise was amazing had everything you could have ever wanted on the boat from shops to bar restaurants, cafes, gym and even a night club it was amazing waking up almost every day in a new place getting off to explore. We’d highly recommend it to anyone who loves holidays but hates being stuck in one place for a week or two.

B x

By *ike hock 400Man  over a year ago

Scarboro

Hi we are thinking of a cruise , is it better to have a balcony ? , do they do all inclusive ? Or drinks included ? Just going to start with a 7 night one I think

By *rodie568Couple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"Hi we are thinking of a cruise , is it better to have a balcony ? , do they do all inclusive ? Or drinks included ? Just going to start with a 7 night one I think "

We did 7 nights for our first was amazing most do all inclusive but offer a premium drinks package I’d highly recommend the premium drinks package if you as it’s only a small amount extra and give you all the English drinks they can get as well as premium spirits and alcohol and some of the fancier restaurants you have to pay for the price range can vary depending on the restaurant but usually if you have an all inclusive package you get 2/3 restaurants that are completely free of charge and 3/4 that cost extra. We ate at one of the steak and seafood special restaurants one night food was amazing and it was not too expensive at all

B

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I think it is important to decide if you want a boat with a couple of hundred or a couple of thousand passengers

By *ts the taking part thatMan  over a year ago

southampton

" we're looking to go on a cruise, not yet sure when or where....we've never been on one so hopefully looking for advice...ins & outs ...tips..do's & don'ts...well you get the gist. Any help either here or private message we would be extremely grateful "

Could private message a my sex are blocked.

Prices massively increase if you want a balcony.

Consider which cabin and the cruise direction as some balconies can be shaded all day by life boats/superstructure etc & the suns position of course.

Google reviews are worth a read as likely get tips on best cabins.

By *avie65Man  over a year ago

In the west.

My first couple of cruises were very informal and only 7 nights, no black tie events or a dress code for dinner. I thought that was a good option incase I didn't like it.

It turned out I did and started going on cruises with black tie dinners which I thought were great.

NCL, and Virgin I think, are informal.

By *assyMEWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

I’ve worked in the cruise industry for many moons. I defo know a thing or two so happy to help

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Best holiday I've ever had!

Do your research as the cruise lines and ships cater for differing demographics.

As you can understand Saga tend to be an older clientele whilst Carnival for example tend to be more younger party style.

Decide on your itinerary and places you’d like to visit.

Having worked on cruise ships for many years I’d use a cruise now as a sort of taster for visiting places I might like to try before I buy for a longer stay in the future.

Take plenty of money because everything is extra and tips are expected.

By *ilverjagMan  over a year ago

swansea

I've done four cruises at different times, and whilst the quality of food and service was invariably impeccable an outshines anything that all inclusive hotels have to offer, with the opportunity to dress in evening clothes on special nights, and top quality entertainment, the length of time in ports is often too short for anyone to get a feel for the place, with your ship docking at 7am and sailing again at 2pm presumably to avoid port charges. Also days at sea as they call them with the ship simply going round in circles at low speed out of sight of land, again avoiding the cruise operator the cost of port fees, gets a bit boring after you've exhausted all the on board facilities, with one wave starting with one wave starting to look much the same as another after a while. Worth doing at least once in your life though to see whether it's for you or not.

We’ve always loved the idea of a cruise! Definitely need to look into it more

By *rtic explorerMan  over a year ago

ring road bristol

"I think it is important to decide if you want a boat with a couple of hundred or a couple of thousand passengers"

And would a dose of noro virus out a damper on it.

Worked on them and would never want to spend money to go on one

By *ebootCouple  over a year ago

Telford

Mrs R has been trying to drag me on a cruise holiday for a long time - I honestly couldn’t think of anything worse!

Mr R

» Add a new message to this topic