FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > There will be a first ever harry potter series.

There will be a first ever harry potter series.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Who else is excited about it? I read an artikel about it that rowling is thinking about doing a first ever tv series about it.

It comes after "maxs commitment to preserving the integrity of my books is important to me"

David heyman, producer on the original 8 films, is in discussions to executive produce the series.

What kind of actors will it be, will it be lookalikes?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Is it a retelling of the books? As in following the kids all the way from Philosophers Stone?

Or is it set afterwards?

"Is it a retelling of the books? As in following the kids all the way from Philosophers Stone?

Or is it set afterwards?"

I am not sure, it seems to be a story from each of the books that will become a decade long series, so there will be many episodes of it, which is good too.

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

Wonder if people will make it massively successful by trying to boycott it, like the recent Hogwarts game. Which I had zero interest in till all the uproar.

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

The trailer uses the sane music, the same font and the same model of hogarth while they are claiming it won't just be a remake of the films. I'm not convinced this will be the success they think it will be

By *nkyCplCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

Rather watch paint dry myself.

By *eiaorganaWoman  over a year ago

Dundee

Setting aside JKRs issues, is this even needed? There are many other book series that are crying out to be adapted

"Setting aside JKRs issues, is this even needed? There are many other book series that are crying out to be adapted "

Harry Potter is a cashcow that needs to be milked. This was inevitable as soon as they had to bin Fantastic Beasts. They won't risk more offshoots failing so fall back on the safe option of a remake

Teesside

"Setting aside JKRs issues, is this even needed? There are many other book series that are crying out to be adapted "
Most book adaptions are garbage so I'd rather they left them alone

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

chichester

"Setting aside JKRs issues, is this even needed? There are many other book series that are crying out to be adapted

Harry Potter is a cashcow that needs to be milked. This was inevitable as soon as they had to bin Fantastic Beasts. They won't risk more offshoots failing so fall back on the safe option of a remake"

just squeeze more blood out the stone same with starwars / Star Trek etc I guess its been like 20 years since original potter movie trilogy so they want to to milk it ready for the next generation of kids around 5/6/7 coming up ....

same with LOTR getting a soft reboot as well and spin off movies inbound ....

Would like to see a series based on the Metro books .. though I guess at moment no on has the stomach for something Russian based

By *eiaorganaWoman  over a year ago

Dundee

"Setting aside JKRs issues, is this even needed? There are many other book series that are crying out to be adapted

Harry Potter is a cashcow that needs to be milked. This was inevitable as soon as they had to bin Fantastic Beasts. They won't risk more offshoots failing so fall back on the safe option of a remake

just squeeze more blood out the stone same with starwars / Star Trek etc I guess its been like 20 years since original potter movie trilogy so they want to to milk it ready for the next generation of kids around 5/6/7 coming up ....

Would like to see a series based on the Metro books .. though I guess at moment no on has the stomach for something Russian based "

So on that then, which book series would people like to see adapted for the screen, large or small?

Would like to see a series based on the Metro books .. though I guess at moment no on has the stomach for something Russian based

So on that then, which book series would people like to see adapted for the screen, large or small?

"

Truth be told I rather see more original stories be written for the screen or TV, than simply adapting book series for them.

Having said so, with the way the world is now, any TV series adaptation of Tom Clancy's books such as Red Storm Rising is bound to be a hit.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Gimme that sweet 40k and End Times series!

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

chichester

"Gimme that sweet 40k and End Times series!

"

I can get behind this or a gotrek and felix series. A guests ghosts series maybe

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"Gimme that sweet 40k and End Times series!

I can get behind this or a gotrek and felix series. A guests ghosts series maybe "

I think Gotrek would make a great animated series.

Gaunts Ghosts would be amazing.

By *aggonerMan  over a year ago

for a penny

I thought this was a new cricket cup.

Teesside

The Stephen King Dark Tower series would make for a great show, can't be worse than the film at least.

By *estinyIsAllCouple  over a year ago

Staffordshire

"Is it a retelling of the books? As in following the kids all the way from Philosophers Stone?

Or is it set afterwards?"

It's meant to be a total restart. The reason for JKR being an executive producer and being on board for it is she's demanded that if it happens it needs to be true to the books - unlike the movies were with some details.

I'm excited for it! It's fairly obvious I'm a HP fan.

- Dumble x

By *lynJMan  over a year ago

Morden

"

The chronicles of Steven Covenant, the Unbeliever.

I'd rather see a gritty, 18-rated, gory series about Harry's career as an Auror.

Loads of swearing and sectumsempra shit going on.

Luthor style baddies.

Staring Daniel Radcliffe obviously.

Xx

By *ixed MisterMan  over a year ago

London

I really hope they don't mess this up.

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

"Rather watch paint dry myself."
Agreed.

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

I'm not sure I could get on board with anyone other than Alan Rickman being Snape

By *uri00620Woman  over a year ago

Croydon

Would like to see a series based on the Metro books .. though I guess at moment no on has the stomach for something Russian based "

This, I got told by an 11 year old these were films (novels themselves clearly passed him by) from the olden days. So yep tapping into a new generation

"I'd rather see a gritty, 18-rated, gory series about Harry's career as an Auror.

Loads of swearing and sectumsempra shit going on.

Luthor style baddies.

Staring Daniel Radcliffe obviously.

Xx"

One ofvthevthings I hate about the films is all the Auror's are cool, anti establishment types.

Ajdvthen they flash forward to the future and there are Ron and Harry looking like a pair of accountants struggling with the notion of dress down Friday. They just wouldn't have turned out like that!

"I'm not sure I could get on board with anyone other than Alan Rickman being Snape "

AR is a damn hard act to follow

By *N4funCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

"The Stephen King Dark Tower series would make for a great show, can't be worse than the film at least."

The Dark Tower series was brilliant until the ending of the last book, it got shoved on the shelf never to be read again

Teesside

"The Stephen King Dark Tower series would make for a great show, can't be worse than the film at least.

The Dark Tower series was brilliant until the ending of the last book, it got shoved on the shelf never to be read again "

I didn't mind it and to be fair. He does warn you to stop reading

Or is it set afterwards?

It's meant to be a total restart. The reason for JKR being an executive producer and being on board for it is she's demanded that if it happens it needs to be true to the books - unlike the movies were with some details.

I'm excited for it! It's fairly obvious I'm a HP fan.

- Dumble x"

That is good and yes. I can also see that you are a fan of it x

By *aggonerMan  over a year ago

for a penny

I’ve never watched a Harry Potter film.

I started reading the first book but it wasn’t well written (I’m told the later books are better) and it just didn’t gel with me

» Add a new message to this topic