FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Successful woman

Successful woman

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *anted by Night OP   Man  over a year ago

Shangri-La

Behind every successful woman is a fabulous handbag. How many are in your closet ladies?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

"Behind every successful woman is a fabulous handbag. How many are in your closet ladies?"

Probably a dozen.

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

Indeed, behind every {redacted} woman is a {redacted} handbag.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

Fucking hell. Don’t get her started on handbags, we’ll be here all day .

The mr

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm not really into bags. Does this mean I'm not successful???

None. They aren't practical for work.

But 1 backpack and a document wallet

"I'm not really into bags. Does this mean I'm not successful???"

Buy one, quick!

I only have one.

Then I have a cross body bag.

3 clutch/going out bags.

I usually just stuff my pockets with things

F

By *ulieAndBeefCouple  over a year ago

Manchester-ish

I have a few, mainly vintage. But most of the time I rock a tote from my favourite record store. I have a handbag picture on our profile which was taken as part of a conversation on here - this place is amazing. It has a surprisingly high number of fabs, and if you want people to tell you have terrible taste in handbags, I highly recommend doing the same.

J

I have a few but I'm not really into bags the way some are

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

A few plus one special one.

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

Only a couple really and they are years old. Can't remember the last time I bought one

I must be very successful

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

One for every day of the week.

Monday Tesco

Tuesday Sainsburys

Wednesday Lidl

Thursday Aldi

Friday Morrisons

Saturday Co op

Sunday Waitrose

By *ubergenieWoman  over a year ago

Neath

"Behind every successful woman is a fabulous handbag. How many are in your closet ladies?"

What kind of nonsense is this

"I'm not really into bags. Does this mean I'm not successful???"

Ball bags count..

Successful woman here, only two handbags! I use a backpack/laptop bag to carry my laptop and paperwork. Behind me is my husband who pushed me to follow my dreams (whilst buying me a handbag or two)

Mrs

Lidls carrier bag?

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Define successful?

Mayfair

"Indeed, behind every {redacted} woman is a {redacted} handbag."

This has reminded me that I need to do another handbag photo challenge™. It's been a year.

By *hatMinxOverThereWoman  over a year ago

42 Wallaby Way

I prefer mini backpacks. Handbags are incredibly annoying and painful.

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

4 but 2 I want to sell

King's Crustacean

"Define successful?

"

She has bags...... obvs

"Behind every successful woman is a fabulous handbag. How many are in your closet ladies?

What kind of nonsense is this"

Welcome to the world of fab

It’s all nonsense

"Indeed, behind every {redacted} woman is a {redacted} handbag.

This has reminded me that I need to do another handbag photo challenge™. It's been a year."

Set it up good sir, I'll make sure F takes part

By *elix SightedMan  over a year ago

Cloud 8

"None. They aren't practical for work.

But 1 backpack and a document wallet"

Jesus, I’ve spent too much time on Fab today. I read this as bareback

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

3. One normal one, one big enough to take a laptop and one I bought to use at a wedding.

I'll buy more when one of them wears out.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Errrrrr. Don't do handbags. See profile for the giant wheelchair backpack I scoot around with.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

One very expensive leather handbag, two clutches for evening and two small ones for when I just need phone, tissues,debit card.

I'm not terribly successful though

I'm curious why women are supposedly all about the bags, shoes and makeup. Seems a tad regressive. Just an opinion.

I seriously need to up my game.

A pathetic 2 here.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

"I'm curious why women are supposedly all about the bags, shoes and makeup. Seems a tad regressive. Just an opinion. "

Because we're simple women talking about women stuff. Let's not fill our head too much with other stuff.

I'm quite successful. I have six bags - a YSL that was a present to myself after a recent thing. A Coach that was a Christmas present. A Mulberry and Chanel that were graduation gifts. A leather satchel I've owned for fourteen years, purchased in Italy with a lover. It's a tad worn. Colour has changed on it. And a cute leather backpack that I bought for gigs and stomping around in the leaves.

I don't think they're an indicator of my success though. My favourite is the satchel because of the memories it brings to surface - that's my sign of success. Happy memories with dear ones that remind me how good it is to be alive.

By *ust a little bit moreWoman  over a year ago

kendal

Before I answer that, I'm gonna need to know if you're doing this research on behalf of my partner or not

"I'm curious why women are supposedly all about the bags, shoes and makeup. Seems a tad regressive. Just an opinion.

Because we're simple women talking about women stuff. Let's not fill our head too much with other stuff.

I'm quite successful. I have six bags - a YSL that was a present to myself after a recent thing. A Coach that was a Christmas present. A Mulberry and Chanel that were graduation gifts. A leather satchel I've owned for fourteen years, purchased in Italy with a lover. It's a tad worn. Colour has changed on it. And a cute leather backpack that I bought for gigs and stomping around in the leaves.

I don't think they're an indicator of my success though. My favourite is the satchel because of the memories it brings to surface - that's my sign of success. Happy memories with dear ones that remind me how good it is to be alive. "

I wasn't criticising women who like bags, shoes and makeup in the least. I was simply questioning why there is a judgement of women as being successful (feminine?) if they like those things. I green arrowed.

I have a functional satchel type for work documents. Other than that, I've no use for fussy handbags.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I'm curious why women are supposedly all about the bags, shoes and makeup. Seems a tad regressive. Just an opinion. "

Stereotyping or conversation starter.

I think most of us know that lots of women aren't all about shoes, handbags, giggling in the cloakroom which they're unable to enter in groups of less than three to chat about men.

Shangri-La

"I'm curious why women are supposedly all about the bags, shoes and makeup. Seems a tad regressive. Just an opinion.

I don't think they're an indicator of my success though. My favourite is the satchel because of the memories it brings to surface - that's my sign of success. Happy memories with dear ones that remind me how good it is to be alive.

I wasn't criticising women who like bags, shoes and makeup in the least. I was simply questioning why there is a judgement of women as being successful (feminine?) if they like those things. I green arrowed. "

These posts are only for fun sweetie. Not judging anyone by their material possessions.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I wasn't criticising women who like bags, shoes and makeup in the least. I was simply questioning why there is a judgement of women as being successful (feminine?) if they like those things. I green arrowed. "

Oh I know! My first sentence was very much sarcastic.

There's nothing wrong with embracing that side of thing. Far from it.

It really isn't a marker of success though. I green arrowed as well. Why is feminine success still seen as being so linked to outdated tropes? You can enjoy those things with being successful. Without. You can find them eyewateringly boring without it affecting how successful you are.

I wasn't criticising women who like bags, shoes and makeup in the least. I was simply questioning why there is a judgement of women as being successful (feminine?) if they like those things. I green arrowed.

These posts are only for fun sweetie. Not judging anyone by their material possessions. "

Don't call me sweetie

Oh I know! My first sentence was very much sarcastic.

There's nothing wrong with embracing that side of thing. Far from it.

It really isn't a marker of success though. I green arrowed as well. Why is feminine success still seen as being so linked to outdated tropes? You can enjoy those things with being successful. Without. You can find them eyewateringly boring without it affecting how successful you are. "

My inner feminist piped up and I need to shush her, Meli Outdated tropes always wake her up!

Mayfair

Please keep this thread relatively classy; no mention of Michael Kors handbags.

I'm fine with Longchamp, Mulberry, Anya Hindmarch, Loewe, etc...

"Please keep this thread relatively classy; no mention of Michael Kors handbags.

I'm fine with Longchamp, Mulberry, Anya Hindmarch, Loewe, etc... "

Ok Lord Snobbington

By *uri00620Woman  over a year ago

Croydon

Christ, if a handbag makes a woman successful. I'm fucked

Zero here

By *B69Woman  over a year ago

Wiltshire

Far too many that I can admit to

Mayfair

"Please keep this thread relatively classy; no mention of Michael Kors handbags.

Ok Lord Snobbington "

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Not that many as I tend to move one out when I purchase a new one

Ok Lord Snobbington

"

I knew this was were I had gone wrong in life. I just get whichever one doesnt irritate me the most from tk maxx.

By *4bimMan  over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

I bet the woman who runs bet365 has loads stuffed with cash

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I have a lot of handbags some quite expensive and some from charity shops. But I use the same one all the time.

My most expensive one I've never used

North West

Yup

By *oo..Woman  over a year ago

Boo's World

Erm...... at a rough guess 70 plus bags are neatly lined up in my wardrobe.

Mayfair

Old bag ^

North West

^^^Ball sack

By *ulieAndBeefCouple  over a year ago

Manchester-ish

This has reminded me that I need to do another handbag photo challenge™. It's been a year."

You should. I will use my Nanna's vintage handbag that she passed to me. It's art deco style by the brand Alligator and my research suggests it dates back to the 1940s

J

Mayfair

This has reminded me that I need to do another handbag photo challenge™. It's been a year.

You should. I will use my Nanna's vintage handbag that she passed to me. It's art deco style by the brand Alligator and my research suggests it dates back to the 1940s

J "

I used to work in a fine art auction house, therefore leave it to (us) experts to determine the handbag's age and provenance.

Mayfair

"^^^Ball sack "

Love you, KC². XX²

Shangri-La

"

This

I'm fine with Longchamp, Mulberry, Anya Hindmarch, Loewe, etc... "

I’ve got a Michael kors

Because they’re pretty

I love a handbag, usually go for Radley

By *itvclaireTV/TS  over a year ago

Birmingham

"I love a handbag, usually go for Radley "

My partner has a few Radley ones. She won't share them though.

XX

By *riel13Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

I probably have about 30ish now... None actually look like handbags though

I have one or two handbags...

Realistically I only really use three of them though haha

Mrs

"I love a handbag, usually go for Radley

My partner has a few Radley ones. She won't share them though.

XX"

Good excuse to treat yourself xx

By *riel13Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

Because they’re pretty "

And we can get them in our size!

By *urora1912Woman  over a year ago

Norfolk East anglia

Quite a few of various sizes

By *areBares7778Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

I love nice handbags my go too are Harris T working on my collection hubby gets me for gifts currently at 6, different colours and similes almost have one to go with everything

King's Crustacean

I got my last bag from Oxfam. £6.99 a not so old M and S one ...... fabulous.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I won't pay more than £65 for a handbag in a sale.

I ruin them on buses and filling them full of crap.

I'd buy cheaper ones if they could stand up to the battering they get.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I'm a woman of substance, not a materialistic one who favours labels over design.

Shoes and handbags are overrated.

Also, there's nothing wrong with a Michael Kors bag, if it serves its purpose.

King's Crustacean

"I won't pay more than £65 for a handbag in a sale.

I ruin them on buses and filling them full of crap.

I'd buy cheaper ones if they could stand up to the battering they get."

I would only pay half of that and only if I really needed the bag.....

I'm good enough without the trappings that feed capitalists thanks.

I can afford expensive things but I like doing other things with my cash rather than just consuming for consumings sake.

Here come the grannies

(A bluey reference, am not being cheeky!)

King's Crustacean

"Here come the grannies

(A bluey reference, am not being cheeky!)"

What's a bluey ?

"Here come the grannies

What's a bluey ?"

Toddlers tv programme. A little blue cartoon dog. One episode featured lots of grannies and bluey saying ‘here come the grannies!’ Which in itself wasn’t really that funny. But a few months ago I’d gone roller skating with my nephews and the youngest one (5) saw two old ladies coming towards us and yelled ‘HERE COME THE GRANNIES!) soooooo loudly

Thank you for coming to my tedtalk

King's Crustacean

"Here come the grannies

What's a bluey ?

Toddlers tv programme. A little blue cartoon dog. One episode featured lots of grannies and bluey saying ‘here come the grannies!’ Which in itself wasn’t really that funny. But a few months ago I’d gone roller skating with my nephews and the youngest one (5) saw two old ladies coming towards us and yelled ‘HERE COME THE GRANNIES!) soooooo loudly

Thank you for coming to my tedtalk "

Oh right ....... thanks.

Cowabunga !

North West

"Here come the grannies

What's a bluey ?

Thank you for coming to my tedtalk "

We love Bluey

"Here come the grannies

What's a bluey ?

Thank you for coming to my tedtalk

Oh right ....... thanks.

Cowabunga !"

No that’s ninja turtles ??

King's Crustacean

I know....

I can do that or Popeye ...

I'm successful as I don't waste my time on handbag shopping. So it's all about the quality of the few bags I own not how many I have.

By * Lexi xWoman  over a year ago

stockport

Far too many to count!

Shangri-La

"I'm a woman of substance, not a materialistic one who favours labels over design.

"

This

» Add a new message to this topic