FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Blade Runner 2049

Blade Runner 2049

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *orksRocker OP   Man  over a year ago

Bradford

Has just started on BBC3 in HD. Highly recommend if you haven't seen......

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I liked it, think it's on Netflix still. Probably one of the few films they've made inspired by a classic that didn't suck ass

Bradford

"I liked it, think it's on Netflix still. Probably one of the few films they've made inspired by a classic that didn't suck ass"

Agreed... They made it in the same style as the first. Wasn't compromised and quite moving also at the end.

By *avinaTVTV/TS  over a year ago

Transsexual Transylvania

I was so concerned that it would be disastrous. Blade Runner is such a classic, and probably my favourite film. I thought a sequel was very ill-advised.

But Denis Villeneuve earned my undying admiration with his thoughtful, extremely well-judged direction. The pacing is a perfect extension of the original. Ryan Gosling was a surprisingly good bit of casting, Harrison Ford was great (as always), and it was genuinely moving. My lovely family took me to see it after going out to dinner for my 50th birthday, and it was a rare treat to see such a worthy sequel.

If you haven't seen it and you loved Blade Runner, do yourself a favour.

Bradford

"I was so concerned that it would be disastrous. Blade Runner is such a classic, and probably my favourite film. I thought a sequel was very ill-advised.

But Denis Villeneuve earned my undying admiration with his thoughtful, extremely well-judged direction. The pacing is a perfect extension of the original. Ryan Gosling was a surprisingly good bit of casting, Harrison Ford was great (as always), and it was genuinely moving. My lovely family took me to see it after going out to dinner for my 50th birthday, and it was a rare treat to see such a worthy sequel.

If you haven't seen it and you loved Blade Runner, do yourself a favour.

"

Absolutely true. I have always loved the original Blade Runner despite it not being liked at the time. People saw Harrison Ford and Sci-Fi and wanted something more like Star Wars. It was much more and makes you feel.

This sequel felt like a vindication that there were others that loved it as much.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Cells

Interlinked.

Bradford

Oh this part is soooo sad

By *ulieAndBeefCouple  over a year ago

Manchester-ish

I feel it's a film you need to give 100% attention, not have in the background whilst pissing around on here.

Bradford

"I feel it's a film you need to give 100% attention, not have in the background whilst pissing around on here. "

I own it and seen it many times and so I can do both and still have the effect.

By *llaandGCouple  over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 11/04/23 00:16:54]

By *llaandGCouple  over a year ago

London

Yes, and it's a beautiful film as well. Denis Villeneuve creates some amazing worlds.

G

Bradford

"Yes, and it's a beautiful film as well. Denis Villeneuve creates some amazing worlds.

G"

As well as a stonking version of Dune (Part 1), Sicario and Prisoners, he's fast becoming my favourite director.

By *avinaTVTV/TS  over a year ago

Transsexual Transylvania

"Yes, and it's a beautiful film as well. Denis Villeneuve creates some amazing worlds.

G

As well as a stonking version of Dune (Part 1), Sicario and Prisoners, he's fast becoming my favourite director."

His Dune is visually a masterpiece. I do feel that some of the intricacies of the plot were sacrificed for clarity of natrative (not complaining, justvan observation), and some of the tragedy of the characters such as Yueh were not really explored sufficiently.

I still have a very soft spot for David Lynch's 1984 version. I think it's greatly underrated.

But Villeneuve's vision is beautifully realised. The arrival on Arrakis of the Atreides family, with the bagpipes, is awesome.

» Add a new message to this topic