By *oofy321 OP   Man  over a year ago

moon base zero

And yet again fuck all will happen except more people in mourning

Fuck American gun culture

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *agerMorganMan  over a year ago

Canvey Island

“My 2nD AmEnDMeNT RiGHTs”

It’ll never end, the NRA are too powerful and there’s too many useful idiots to introduce proper legislation.

By *ubmissiveman2uMan  over a year ago

Cheshire

They got rid of COVID ,why are guns so difficult it'll be one huge amnesty,but they will never rid of them ,people's lives lost for what... Traditional values ...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"And yet again fuck all will happen except more people in mourning

Fuck American gun culture "

That’s not strictly true. There’ll be lots more thoughts and prayers

By *4bimMan  over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

I'm always puzzled why people get so angry about something in another country that has nothing to do with us.

Many problems here need addressing like knife crime ,sex offences etc

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

"And yet again fuck all will happen except more people in mourning

Fuck American gun culture "

I don’t know why you’re surprised. It’s an easy equation to work out.

Bullied children + readily available military grade weapons = dead bodies.

The mr

Thoughts and prayers, saving lives as always, praying to a non existent deity rather than dealing with the problem is a very American solution.

Not to detract from the sad loss of lives

By *eneralKenobiMan  over a year ago

North Angus

I figured out of interest I’d look up the records of shootings in the USA

This is utterly insane

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

"I figured out of interest I’d look up the records of shootings in the USA

This is utterly insane

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting"

and yet gun sales have been at a all time high.

This is utterly insane

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting and yet gun sales have been at a all time high. "

That's because both sides are arming up for the next American civil war...

This is utterly insane

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting and yet gun sales have been at a all time high.

That's because both sides are arming up for the next American civil war..."

It's because no one feels safe anymore.

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

Nothing will happen untill its the wives children and familys of those who legislate against gun control are taken in a mass shooting see how quick things change then

This is utterly insane

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting and yet gun sales have been at a all time high.

That's because both sides are arming up for the next American civil war... It's because no one feels safe anymore. "

It's one of the reasons why alot of states are going to constitutional carry.

Just watched a video of a young teacher suggesting a fire extinguisher as a potential weapon in a life or death situation as an alternative to just shielding the kids.

The whole thing made me so sad that this is something people have to consider on a regular basis... I then stupidly read the comments and got so mad when the majority of people (clearly republican) said it wouldn't be necessary if they armed teachers.

You don't control gun crime with guns, you control the damn guns.

By *ickeyblueeyes7Man  over a year ago

newport

This is utterly insane

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting and yet gun sales have been at a all time high. "

Because to stop the bad guys with guns you have to arm the good guys with guns

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"They got rid of COVID ,why are guns so difficult it'll be one huge amnesty,but they will never rid of them ,people's lives lost for what... Traditional values ..."
330 million people in America and they need guns for protection, they have the right to bear arms

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple  over a year ago

Southampton

This is utterly insane

That's because both sides are arming up for the next American civil war..."

Absolutely nothing civil about war....

By *lansmanMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

"Just watched a video of a young teacher suggesting a fire extinguisher as a potential weapon in a life or death situation as an alternative to just shielding the kids.

The whole thing made me so sad that this is something people have to consider on a regular basis... I then stupidly read the comments and got so mad when the majority of people (clearly republican) said it wouldn't be necessary if they armed teachers.

You don't control gun crime with guns, you control the damn guns. "

If you make guns illegal like in England , crooks and nutters will still get guns. Its an impossible situation in the USA as its written in the constitution .

There are so many firearms already out there that the genie is out of the bottle. I really don't know what would work over there . It's a tragic situation.

"Just watched a video of a young teacher suggesting a fire extinguisher as a potential weapon in a life or death situation as an alternative to just shielding the kids.

If you make guns illegal like in England , crooks and nutters will still get guns. Its an impossible situation in the USA as its written in the constitution .

There are so many firearms already out there that the genie is out of the bottle. I really don't know what would work over there . It's a tragic situation. "

Guns aren't illegal in England, just certain types. Also, most of the guns used in this type of attack, were lawfully held.

Sheffield

Ok , yes , very closely controlled to the point of being Illegal. Not on sale at your local superstore like you see in America. Its such a part of the culture for millions.

There are so many firearms already out there that the genie is out of the bottle. I really don't know what would work over there . It's a tragic situation.

Guns aren't illegal in England, just certain types. Also, most of the guns used in this type of attack, were lawfully held."

I'm aware guns aren't illegal in the UK. We actually have even stricter laws as a crown dependency but, that's the point. I, family members and friends hold or have held gun licences, because we followed the very strict criteria and met the requirements to do so.

Many guns are 'lawfully' held in America, but the laws are so fucked up and requirements so relaxed that people who shouldn't legally have access to them, do.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

It’s always sad to hear about these incidents.

It is, however, the business of American citizens how they choose to legislate and govern themselves.

If American society wishes to change their gun culture, and that is IF, it has to come from within and not as the result of the opinions of citizens of another country on the other side of the world.

They may find being lectured too by a bunch of folk from a country with plenty of its own problems as rather irrelevant.

As I said at the start, it is always sad to hear of these incidents though.

Sheffield

Guns aren't illegal in England, just certain types. Also, most of the guns used in this type of attack, were lawfully held.

I'm aware guns aren't illegal in the UK. We actually have even stricter laws as a crown dependency but, that's the point. I, family members and friends hold or have held gun licences, because we followed the very strict criteria and met the requirements to do so.

Many guns are 'lawfully' held in America, but the laws are so fucked up and requirements so relaxed that people who shouldn't legally have access to them, do. "

But legislation is too late . There are 125.5 guns to every 100 people in America. That's a crazy statistic. To prise all the guns out of "my cold dead hands " as they say would take a monumental shift in attitudes.

Sheffield

120.5 guns per hundred people, misstyped.

Source the world population review

By *JJ_6969Man  over a year ago

Aspull

They're OK with ramming through banning drag acts though.

So, they're happy to infringe someone's rights (freedom of speech and expression) to "PrOtEcT tHe KiDs", but they don't want to infringe on people's rights (second amendment) to help save people (including children) from being killed in cold blood.

The yanks are tapped

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I'm just glad I don't live in America

So what is the solution? We have guns. I carry everyday for my protection. Lawfully so does my husband. That " Genie" left the bottle a long time ago. How does anyone here suggest going after the criminals with thiers ?

Sheffield

"They're OK with ramming through banning drag acts though.

So, they're happy to infringe someone's rights (freedom of speech and expression) to "PrOtEcT tHe KiDs", but they don't want to infringe on people's rights (second amendment) to help save people (including children) from being killed in cold blood.

The yanks are tapped "

They are actively encouraging drag acts to perform in schools not banning them which I find baffelling as drag acts and other adult entertainment has no place in schools.

Sheffield

"So what is the solution? We have guns. I carry everyday for my protection. Lawfully so does my husband. That " Genie" left the bottle a long time ago. How does anyone here suggest going after the criminals with thiers ? "

It's part of your culture. I've been proudly shown a few gun cabinets on my travels over there. Criminals will always find a way to get guns and that applies the world over. I honestly don't know the answer as the problem is deeper than "just ban guns"

By *oofy321 OP   Man  over a year ago

moon base zero

I don't think you can stop guns

But you can make it hard as hell getting one...and better mental health care..but you can't make people seek mental health care

By *asycouple1971Couple  over a year ago

midlands

Thoughts and prayers will work this time.

Banning guns is not the answer,when you buy a gun from a gunshop there's a record of ownership,you stop that and more illegal black market guns flood the streets

The yanks are tapped

They are actively encouraging drag acts to perform in schools not banning them which I find baffelling as drag acts and other adult entertainment has no place in schools.

"

A transvestite reading a storybook is hardly adult entertainment. And the last time I checked none had killed schoolchildren.

The yanks are tapped

"

So you wouldn't take your kids to the pantomime then?

Sheffield

They aren't banning them was the point I was mainly making. I fail to see the educational value . Some of the books are questionable too I've been told.

Drag Queens are now the face if Jack Daniels , So Drag Queens are hardly been marginalised.

Sheffield

The yanks are tapped

So you wouldn't take your kids to the pantomime then? "

Oh yes I might ... there's a time and place for these things Have a gandwrat what is going on over there.

"They aren't banning them was the point I was mainly making. I fail to see the educational value . Some of the books are questionable too I've been told.

Drag Queens are now the face if Jack Daniels , So Drag Queens are hardly been marginalised. "

They don't need to ban them and of course there is educational value! Diversity and inclusion for a start, celebrating self and individuality, acceptance and empathy, I.e looking at the world from someone else's perspective.

Sheffield

[Removed by poster at 10/04/23 23:35:26]

Guns themselves can last for 100's of years, but ammunition doesn't. Even if not used, it can degrade over time, so why not start by restricting ammunition sales even more? That won't stop the problems overnight, or even altogether no matter what they do, but a long-term plan for restricting and eventually banning ammunition sales to the public may be the first step.

Sheffield

"They aren't banning them was the point I was mainly making. I fail to see the educational value . Some of the books are questionable too I've been told.

Drag Queens are now the face if Jack Daniels , So Drag Queens are hardly been marginalised.

They don't need to ban them and of course there is educational value! Diversity and inclusion for a start, celebrating self and individuality, acceptance and empathy, I.e looking at the world from someone else's perspective. "

A Drag Queen is an entertainer not an identity. The word Drag comes from male actors wearing long clothes that would Drag on the ground.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

"“My 2nD AmEnDMeNT RiGHTs”

It’ll never end, the NRA are too powerful and there’s too many useful idiots to introduce proper legislation. "

According to recent trports, a lot of supporters are turning thier backs on the NRA. But not in enough numbers to make a difference.

They don't need to ban them and of course there is educational value! Diversity and inclusion for a start, celebrating self and individuality, acceptance and empathy, I.e looking at the world from someone else's perspective.

A Drag Queen is an entertainer not an identity. The word Drag comes from male actors wearing long clothes that would Drag on the ground. "

I never mentioned identity

By *ackbydemandMan  over a year ago

Leicester

Almost 2 mass shootings a day, this is what happens when the gun lobby pays millions to politicians

"Almost 2 mass shootings a day, this is what happens when the gun lobby pays millions to politicians "
45% of the US households owns guns.NRA has 4 million members. It's not a gun lobby issue. I know democrats republicans and people with no political affiliation that own them. They don't want to give thiers up. Clearly it's not 1 party.

By *JJ_6969Man  over a year ago

Aspull

Drag Queens are now the face if Jack Daniels , So Drag Queens are hardly been marginalised. "

Lol yes they are. Some states are trying to pass legislation that would penalise people for performing in drag.

Drag queen story time has been a thing for ages and has been over here as well, but people hadn't been told to be angry at them until now. People are crying about a trans woman in beer cans, drag queen la reading to kids. If I had a kid, I'd sooner leave them with a drag queen that I would a priest.

Also, what are these "questionable" books that you've been told about?

By *ackbydemandMan  over a year ago

Leicester

"Almost 2 mass shootings a day, this is what happens when the gun lobby pays millions to politicians 45% of the US households owns guns.NRA has 4 million members. It's not a gun lobby issue. I know democrats republicans and people with no political affiliation that own them. They don't want to give thiers up. Clearly it's not 1 party."

I didn't mention a party at all, I said politicians. They get millions to keep guns flowing, legally. The 2nd amendment is just an amendment, it can be struck down. The 18th amendment was struck down by the 21st amendment, people need to stop acting as if the 2nd amendment was written in stone tablets by God.

"Almost 2 mass shootings a day, this is what happens when the gun lobby pays millions to politicians 45% of the US households owns guns.NRA has 4 million members. It's not a gun lobby issue. I know democrats republicans and people with no political affiliation that own them. They don't want to give thiers up. Clearly it's not 1 party.

I didn't mention a party at all, I said politicians. They get millions to keep guns flowing, legally. The 2nd amendment is just an amendment, it can be struck down. The 18th amendment was struck down by the 21st amendment, people need to stop acting as if the 2nd amendment was written in stone tablets by God. "

It won't get struck down when 26 states have constitutional carry. Florida just became the 26 in order to ratify a amendment. It needs 3/4 of states to agree. Not going to see that happen.

The solution is so obvious... more guns are needed.

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

America has a mental health issue masked as a gun issue.

Breaks my heart to see videos of parents packing nursery age kids bags for school and having to add armour plates inside.

US politicians won't vote for gun laws which would improve things. Did no-one see what happened in Tennessee after the last school shooting? Citizens begging for their representatives to do something, but instead they expelled two black Democrats for supporting the protest.

The majority of Americans support stricter gun laws. They're being let down by their politicians.

By *icolerobbieCouple  over a year ago

walsall

"America has a mental health issue masked as a gun issue.

Breaks my heart to see videos of parents packing nursery age kids bags for school and having to add armour plates inside. "

This is my thought too.

Other countries that have guns available don’t seem to have this problem. Why America?

Breaks my heart to see videos of parents packing nursery age kids bags for school and having to add armour plates inside.

This is my thought too.

Other countries that have guns available don’t seem to have this problem. Why America? "

Maybe because we are the most armed population on the planet.

Sheffield

This is my thought too.

Other countries that have guns available don’t seem to have this problem. Why America? "

Not as straightforward as you might think . Read the article below.

https://wisevoter.com/country-rankings/mass-shootings-by-country/

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"US politicians won't vote for gun laws which would improve things. Did no-one see what happened in Tennessee after the last school shooting? Citizens begging for their representatives to do something, but instead they expelled two black Democrats for supporting the protest.

The majority of Americans support stricter gun laws. They're being let down by their politicians. "

I wondered if the “Tennessee 3” story had gotten here and how fucked up it shows the system is on a whole level and how the whole system from the top down has been messed up beyond belief!

This is my thought too.

Other countries that have guns available don’t seem to have this problem. Why America? Maybe because we are the most armed population on the planet."

I wonder how many guns there are in America. Must be tens of millions.

By *eneralKenobiMan  over a year ago

North Angus

This is my thought too.

Other countries that have guns available don’t seem to have this problem. Why America? Maybe because we are the most armed population on the planet.

I wonder how many guns there are in America. Must be tens of millions. "

After a quick google “Estimate of civilian firearms per 100 persons” 120.5

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Almost 2 mass shootings a day, this is what happens when the gun lobby pays millions to politicians 45% of the US households owns guns.NRA has 4 million members. It's not a gun lobby issue. I know democrats republicans and people with no political affiliation that own them. They don't want to give thiers up. Clearly it's not 1 party.

I didn't mention a party at all, I said politicians. They get millions to keep guns flowing, legally. The 2nd amendment is just an amendment, it can be struck down. The 18th amendment was struck down by the 21st amendment, people need to stop acting as if the 2nd amendment was written in stone tablets by God. "

It’s this….. people think the 2nd amendment is untouchable… it may give people the right to bear arms, it doesn’t mean they can have any arms they like!!

Again.. this was yet another AR-15 shooting, what is the use for a military type machine in a civilian situation! If a civilian is in effect better armed than the police… that’s a problem in itself!

"US politicians won't vote for gun laws which would improve things. Did no-one see what happened in Tennessee after the last school shooting? Citizens begging for their representatives to do something, but instead they expelled two black Democrats for supporting the protest.

The majority of Americans support stricter gun laws. They're being let down by their politicians.

I wondered if the “Tennessee 3” story had gotten here and how fucked up it shows the system is on a whole level and how the whole system from the top down has been messed up beyond belief! "

I've only seen it on TikT*k, the speeches from the two men were extraordinary.

I wondered if the “Tennessee 3” story had gotten here and how fucked up it shows the system is on a whole level and how the whole system from the top down has been messed up beyond belief! "

Beyond repair

Teesside

I didn't mention a party at all, I said politicians. They get millions to keep guns flowing, legally. The 2nd amendment is just an amendment, it can be struck down. The 18th amendment was struck down by the 21st amendment, people need to stop acting as if the 2nd amendment was written in stone tablets by God.

It’s this….. people think the 2nd amendment is untouchable… it may give people the right to bear arms, it doesn’t mean they can have any arms they like!!

Again.. this was yet another AR-15 shooting, what is the use for a military type machine in a civilian situation! If a civilian is in effect better armed than the police… that’s a problem in itself! "

AR-15 is just a buzzword. Most of the claimed shootings with supposed AR-15's are actually other guns.

It doesn't help that people think the AR stands for assault rifle either, but that is down to politicians using it as a buzzword and for pointscoring rather than doing anything meaningful about the issue.

Again.. this was yet another AR-15 shooting, what is the use for a military type machine in a civilian situation! If a civilian is in effect better armed than the police… that’s a problem in itself! AR-15 is just a buzzword. Most of the claimed shootings with supposed AR-15's are actually other guns.

It doesn't help that people think the AR stands for assault rifle either, but that is down to politicians using it as a buzzword and for pointscoring rather than doing anything meaningful about the issue."

Semantics

If we know that most people don't know whether they weapon they are talking about is an AR 15 or not then just assume they mean a long firearm chambered for rifle ammunition capable of fully automatic fire. There's still no logical reason that anyone would need military grade firearms whatever the fuck you call them

Teesside

Again.. this was yet another AR-15 shooting, what is the use for a military type machine in a civilian situation! If a civilian is in effect better armed than the police… that’s a problem in itself! AR-15 is just a buzzword. Most of the claimed shootings with supposed AR-15's are actually other guns.

It doesn't help that people think the AR stands for assault rifle either, but that is down to politicians using it as a buzzword and for pointscoring rather than doing anything meaningful about the issue.

Semantics

If we know that most people don't know whether they weapon they are talking about is an AR 15 or not then just assume they mean a long firearm chambered for rifle ammunition capable of fully automatic fire. There's still no logical reason that anyone would need military grade firearms whatever the fuck you call them "

No legally bought gun will fire full auto without illegal modification(unless its very old and exempt), so therefore the semantics matter if you are talking legislation.

If I lived in America I'd have as many guns I could legally own and afford. Too many other idiots with guns not too. If I had the prospect of having to defend myself against a potentially armed assailant I'd be armed too and with the best I could acquire.

Semantics

If we know that most people don't know whether they weapon they are talking about is an AR 15 or not then just assume they mean a long firearm chambered for rifle ammunition capable of fully automatic fire. There's still no logical reason that anyone would need military grade firearms whatever the fuck you call them No legally bought gun will fire full auto without illegal modification(unless its very old and exempt), so therefore the semantics matter if you are talking legislation.

If I lived in America I'd have as many guns I could legally own and afford. Too many other idiots with guns not too. If I had the prospect of having to defend myself against a potentially armed assailant I'd be armed too and with the best I could acquire."

It's a reason we have guns. I carry a 9mm. Husband Carry's a .45 . Our ARs are locked in a safe with trigger locks. When we go to bed the AR shotgun gets it's lock taken off empty chamber and a 10 round mag sitting on the nightstand with 00 buck.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

What I think is crazy.

Just read that apparently due to Kentucky law the gun used in the Bank shooting will go to auction and back into circulation.

Which regardless of the American laws about carrying a gun legally this is just morally wrong,the gun should be destroyed not even recycled.

"What I think is crazy.

Just read that apparently due to Kentucky law the gun used in the Bank shooting will go to auction and back into circulation.

Which regardless of the American laws about carrying a gun legally this is just morally wrong,the gun should be destroyed not even recycled."

I would have thought the court could overrule that? You would think that any gun used in a crime would not be put back into circulation.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

This is utterly insane

That's because both sides are arming up for the next American civil war... It's because no one feels safe anymore. "

People don't feel safe because everyone has a gun so they go out and buy more guns. The irony.......

I assume this shooting was carried out with a legally purchased gun like all the others? One where the purchaser had to go through all the checks and processes? Meaning that the offender wasn't a criminal prior to committing this act and that it wasn't one of these 'illegal' guns that people use as an excuse to blame all the gun crime on?

A

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"What I think is crazy.

Which regardless of the American laws about carrying a gun legally this is just morally wrong,the gun should be destroyed not even recycled.

I would have thought the court could overrule that? You would think that any gun used in a crime would not be put back into circulation."

Some ghoul will want to buy it no doubt.

» Add a new message to this topic