FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Bigotry

Bigotry

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I had a reply to an introductory message that ended in transphobic rant. I did respond with a polite short essay on the subject but know that I have probably wasted my time. I find it strange and sad that so many people struggle with being kind.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I would say you’ll get used to it but I haven’t. Best I can suggest is block and move on

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

You can move on the better, that person is stuck with themselves and their shitty outlook forever.

You shouldn't let other peoples bigoted attitudes effect you, that is a form of emotional control.

"I would say you’ll get used to it but I haven’t. Best I can suggest is block and move on "

You haven't got used to it because you are a good person, once a person gets used to it they accept it and are then part of the problem. X

No point even responding to bigotry just block and move on.

"I had a reply to an introductory message that ended in transphobic rant. I did respond with a polite short essay on the subject but know that I have probably wasted my time. I find it strange and sad that so many people struggle with being kind."

Unfortunately some people thrive on making others feel rubbish. Have had it on here a few times with ignorant people. Thank god for the block button lol

I am done with excusing my sexuality

I have never really had much time for modern "Pride" events, which are invariably smothered by capitalism and gesture politics

I am, however, an advocate for small, local, provincial Pride events

I mean Pride in places like London, Brighton & Manchester is just an excuse for a party and for straight folks to argue they are inclusive whilst staring into the fishbowl

Get out into the small, working class, traditional towns and stand up there

Go to events like Sparkle

They are where visibility is important

They are where change has a chance

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I would say you’ll get used to it but I haven’t. Best I can suggest is block and move on

You haven't got used to it because you are a good person, once a person gets used to it they accept it and are then part of the problem. X"

I think you can accept that some places are not worth your energy to try to change, that it's beyond you or outside your power.

There are some places where I am "used to it" - I act defensively, and do the work where I can.

"

I think you can accept that some places are not worth your energy to try to change, that it's beyond you or outside your power.

There are some places where I am "used to it" - I act defensively, and do the work where I can."

Wise words. Cheers. X

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Sad thing is you'll probably get a ban for starting this thread.

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"Sad thing is you'll probably get a ban for starting this thread."
Why he hasn't named them and didn't mention blocking, he's just asking why can't some people react nicely

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Sad thing is you'll probably get a ban for starting this thread.Why he hasn't named them and didn't mention blocking, he's just asking why can't some people react nicely "

I hope not but you can never tell on here.

They have blocked me, I guess actually engaging in debate and being of a mindset where one can change their outlook based on new data is too difficult for some people

Dorchester

"Sad thing is you'll probably get a ban for starting this thread.Why he hasn't named them and didn't mention blocking, he's just asking why can't some people react nicely

I hope not but you can never tell on here."

ahhhhh yes but too late he may have just changed the outcome

Dorchester

"They have blocked me, I guess actually engaging in debate and being of a mindset where one can change their outlook based on new data is too difficult for some people "
oh no

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

chichester

"No point even responding to bigotry just block and move on. "

This . Don’t waste your time with what in-effect is merely an insect

"I had a reply to an introductory message that ended in transphobic rant. I did respond with a polite short essay on the subject but know that I have probably wasted my time. I find it strange and sad that so many people struggle with being kind."

A post without context.What was your "introductory message"?

"

A post without context.What was your "introductory message"?"

That was the weird thing, the transphobic rant came out of nowhere. There was nothing in my message or in my profile that should have triggered this.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

I once received a transphobic rant message on Christmas day, from someone I had never interacted with in any way. I just felt sad that their life was so small that they had nothing better to do at Christmas than send bigotry to unknown people. Then I blocked them and carried on having a lovely Christmas day.

Manchester (she/her)

"I had a reply to an introductory message that ended in transphobic rant. I did respond with a polite short essay on the subject but know that I have probably wasted my time. I find it strange and sad that so many people struggle with being kind.

A post without context.What was your "introductory message"?"

What context makes transphobia acceptable?

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

"I had a reply to an introductory message that ended in transphobic rant. I did respond with a polite short essay on the subject but know that I have probably wasted my time. I find it strange and sad that so many people struggle with being kind.

What context makes transphobia acceptable?"

*alleged transphobia

Jokes aside, just block and move on. You're not likely to change the opinion of an idiot. If you've reached adulthood and not came to the conclusion that bigotry and prejudice is wrong, its unlikely to change.

By *elix SightedMan  over a year ago

Cloud 8

I’m sorry you had that, OP.

Sadly, as a society, we’re still trying to eradicate racism, homophobia, xenophobia and a whole bunch of other discrimination. I can’t find the words to articulate myself very well, but they feel to me more prevalent, more ‘established’ characteristics in society than those of the trans community. People being persecuted for expressing themselves as trans are probably well behind the acceptance progress curve compared to, say, race.

It saddens me but I don’t think we’ll eradicate such persecution in our lifetime.

Dorchester

"

That was the weird thing, the transphobic rant came out of nowhere. There was nothing in my message or in my profile that should have triggered this. "

It was maybe based on something else you said in a thread somewhere

Teesside

"

That was the weird thing, the transphobic rant came out of nowhere. There was nothing in my message or in my profile that should have triggered this. It was maybe based on something else you said in a thread somewhere "

Oh yeah, the old reply in private with a page of vitriol then block trick.

" It was maybe based on something else you said in a thread somewhere "

Nah, it hadn't come up on a thread that I had commented on and the profile in question is a new profile.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Wouldn't give them kinds the time of day! X

"

Jokes aside, just block and move on. You're not likely to change the opinion of an idiot. If you've reached adulthood and not came to the conclusion that bigotry and prejudice is wrong, its unlikely to change."

I don't accept that, I think that people can change no matter what they are. If this wasn't the case then as a society we wouldn't try to reform criminals.

Manchester (she/her)

"

Jokes aside, just block and move on. You're not likely to change the opinion of an idiot. If you've reached adulthood and not came to the conclusion that bigotry and prejudice is wrong, its unlikely to change.

I don't accept that, I think that people can change no matter what they are. If this wasn't the case then as a society we wouldn't try to reform criminals."

... These days I don't think we do

I think we should, but I think we're not into that as a society anymore.

"

I think we should, but I think we're not into that as a society anymore."

You are right, we aren't a Scandi country with their low re-offending rates. My point is that I believe that adults can change.

Dorchester

" It was maybe based on something else you said in a thread somewhere

Nah, it hadn't come up on a thread that I had commented on and the profile in question is a new profile."

yes but an old person new profile

Manchester (she/her)

"

I think we should, but I think we're not into that as a society anymore.

You are right, we aren't a Scandi country with their low re-offending rates. My point is that I believe that adults can change."

For sure.

"I once received a transphobic rant message on Christmas day, from someone I had never interacted with in any way. I just felt sad that their life was so small that they had nothing better to do at Christmas than send bigotry to unknown people. Then I blocked them and carried on having a lovely Christmas day."

It does happen all too often. I’m not sure what’s more sad, that it happens or that it happens so often that I’ve kinda gotten used to it

I only take solace in the fact that someone who is triggered so much by my simple existence in this world that they go out of their way to send hate to a complete stranger is also someone who needs more love and joy in their life. It’s the epitome of “I really feel sad for you”

Teesside

"

I don't accept that, I think that people can change no matter what they are. If this wasn't the case then as a society we wouldn't try to reform criminals."

I applaud you being less jaded than me. My days of giving second chances are long gone. I block and move on with enjoying life.

» Add a new message to this topic