FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Erotic novels

Erotic novels

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Can you grace me with your favourite authors please.

I love physical books but I'm thinking a kindle might be cheaper in the long run. (might still buy some physical ones especially goods ones in the charity shops).

Has anyone moved to a kindle with hesitation and enjoyed the transition?

F

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ulieAndBeefCouple  over a year ago

Manchester-ish

"Can you grace me with your favourite authors please.

I love physical books but I'm thinking a kindle might be cheaper in the long run. (might still buy some physical ones especially goods ones in the charity shops).

F"

Meeeeee! And on a kindle, no one knows what you're reading I started reading The Story of O yesterday. I'm not sure about it yet.

Jx

By *opinovMan  over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

I've always liked the writings of Isaac Asimov, Ursula le Guin, Philip K Dick, Fred Hoyle, Ian M Banks amongst others. I'm about to start a book by Cixin Liu.

I could have got it on Kindle but nothing beats sitting reading from a proper book.

Manchester-ish

"I've always liked the writings of Isaac Asimov, Ursula le Guin, Philip K Dick, Fred Hoyle, Ian M Banks amongst others. I'm about to start a book by Cixin Liu.

I could have got it on Kindle but nothing beats sitting reading from a proper book."

Those are some of my favourite authors. Not sure they fall into the erotica category though

J

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple  over a year ago

kent

George writes my favourite erotica. He has such a vivid imagination and a way with words

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

F

Meeeeee! And on a kindle, no one knows what you're reading I started reading The Story of O yesterday. I'm not sure about it yet.

Jx"

I read that a few year ago as it so recommended. I didn't really find it that great. Bits were good but I've read better

Manchester-ish

F

Jx

I read that a few year ago as it so recommended. I didn't really find it that great. Bits were good but I've read better "

I think the pain aspect is putting me off. The submission aspect is horny af.

J

Point Nemo, Cumbria

"I've always liked the writings of Isaac Asimov, Ursula le Guin, Philip K Dick, Fred Hoyle, Ian M Banks amongst others. I'm about to start a book by Cixin Liu.

I could have got it on Kindle but nothing beats sitting reading from a proper book.

Those are some of my favourite authors. Not sure they fall into the erotica category though

J"

Ha ha yes... I didn't see 'erotic' in your question - silly me!

Anais Nin is possibly the only erotic author I've read.

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

F

Jx

I read that a few year ago as it so recommended. I didn't really find it that great. Bits were good but I've read better

I think the pain aspect is putting me off. The submission aspect is horny af.

J"

I don't mind a bit of pain so I'm not actually sure why I didn't get on with it. Maybe I'll try it again. I do find that sometimes I clique with books at another time

By *ilkstressWoman  over a year ago

Drasnia

The first erotic novels I ever read were the Taming of Sleeping Beauty trilogy by Anne Rice. They were like nothing I had ever read before. Rather educational really.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I've always liked the writings of Isaac Asimov, Ursula le Guin, Philip K Dick, Fred Hoyle, Ian M Banks amongst others. I'm about to start a book by Cixin Liu."

Good luck with Liu. It will blow your mind.

Manchester-ish

One of the strangest but sexiest books I've ever read was called Behind Closed Doors by Alina Reyes. It was basically an erotic Choose Your Own adventure. Some of it was a touch too taboo for my tastes but overall would recommend

J

By *lexanderSupertrampMan  over a year ago

Gourock

My first experience of erotic literature if you can call it that was The Ninja by Eric Van Lustbader. Not exactly erotic per say but it did have some content,

Point Nemo, Cumbria

Good luck with Liu. It will blow your mind."

Thanks. I'm just about to start on The Three Body Problem trilogy. I've been looking forward to getting my teeth into it for ages.

As for erotica, I've written a couple of stories linked to from my profile.

Manchester-ish

"My first experience of erotic literature if you can call it that was The Ninja by Eric Van Lustbader. Not exactly erotic per say but it did have some content,"

First experience wise - you've just reminded me of being a teenager and discovering Dazzle by Judith Krantz on my mum's bedside table. It definitely couldn't be called literature but there was a scene I can still remember. It definitely confirmed that I'm bi.

J

Thanks all, I'm going to jot these down and have a nosey

F

Manchester-ish

"Thanks all, I'm going to jot these down and have a nosey

F"

What sort of thing do you like to read smut-wise? I have a fair collection on my kindle so I can recommend some different books based on that.

J

By *lexanderSupertrampMan  over a year ago

Gourock

"My first experience of erotic literature if you can call it that was The Ninja by Eric Van Lustbader. Not exactly erotic per say but it did have some content,

First experience wise - you've just reminded me of being a teenager and discovering Dazzle by Judith Krantz on my mum's bedside table. It definitely couldn't be called literature but there was a scene I can still remember. It definitely confirmed that I'm bi.

J"

I ended up reading the whole series and I still have the books somewhere

Point Nemo, Cumbria

If you're after a laugh, you could try reading Giles Coren's attempt at erotica. It actually won an award for its hilariously toe-curlingly awful narrative.

Point Nemo, Cumbria

... and, apparently, he threw a tantrum about it!

By *ildbillkidMan  over a year ago

where the road goes on forever

Authors who weren't known as erotic writers ,but had some sexy bits, Harold Robbins

F

What sort of thing do you like to read smut-wise? I have a fair collection on my kindle so I can recommend some different books based on that.

J"

Honestly, I'm not too sure. I do like sub/dom, blindfolds, sensory deprivation and the thought process behind such things. But I guess I'll have to delve into reading a few to figure out what path to take. With the kindle thing.. Can you 'download' books and read them whenever or do you just sort of check them out of an online library? - or, how does the kindle unlimited work. I'd be just downloading (if you can) all the books I want to read and when the membership expires I'd hope I still had access to them?

Look at me, 26 and technically challenged

F

If you can have an open mind and not be overly critical of the way an author writes

T.L swan has a series. Stanton series, miles series, the Mr series. i always like the male point of view and always root for them.

There's a E.M brown that has a ' bought'series.... Dental floss and electric toothbrush has a whole different purpose!

Don't know any but have been known to write my own short stories

Manchester-ish

F

J

Honestly, I'm not too sure. I do like sub/dom, blindfolds, sensory deprivation and the thought process behind such things. But I guess I'll have to delve into reading a few to figure out what path to take. With the kindle thing.. Can you 'download' books and read them whenever or do you just sort of check them out of an online library? - or, how does the kindle unlimited work. I'd be just downloading (if you can) all the books I want to read and when the membership expires I'd hope I still had access to them?

F"

Kindle unlimited is a monthly subscription that works a bit like a library. Up to 10 books and you'll have to return one to check out another. I just buy them. Black Lace are usually only one or two pounds.

Cassandra's Conflict might be one to suit you. A little dated but I enjoyed it.

J

Thanks. I'm just about to start on The Three Body Problem trilogy. I've been looking forward to getting my teeth into it for ages.

"

If you wouldn't mind, let me know what you think of it. The concepts are fascinating.

By *ehindHerEyesCouple  over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

I have waaaayyyy too many erotic and new adult books on my kindle, as Julie said the beauty of them noone knows what you're reading so you can happily read your filth and not worry about the blushes of someone spotting it

Plus they have so many free books as well, a lot of what I've read I'd not normally have picked up in print but they turned out to be really good and in all genres

T x

Jacqueline Wilson.. dirty bitch.

Point Nemo, Cumbria

If you wouldn't mind, let me know what you think of it. The concepts are fascinating."

Yes, gladly - will do... I'll try to remember at least. I've just finished reading the Red, Green & Blue Mars trilogy by Kim Stanley Robinson (which I very much liked, especially in combination with a hi-def composite image of the whole Martian surface I downloaded from NASA for reference) and I reckon it'll be a good progression.

Point Nemo, Cumbria

"Jacqueline Wilson.. dirty bitch."

Is that the name of her book or a description of her writing style/content?

The Mars Trilogy is good, but Liu's epic is on a vastly greater scale!

I don't know what kind of erotica you might enjoy, but I'm a fan of Charlotte Stein and Cara McKenna. All on my Kindle. I have teens so I like being able to hide my secret sexy stash behind a password.

F"

I'm a traditionalist, I love the feel of holding a book and won't ever trade that in for any technological advancements

I bought one of the early Kindles that were just for book reading long time ago never really enjoyed reading on it that much. Something about holding a real book. On my second Kindle fire now use it like an iPad and love it.

I tried Story of O never finished it. I’ve written fair amount of erotic stories even did long one for an American lady she loved it.

By *lynJMan  over a year ago

Morden

F

J

F"

You could try the Gor series by John Norman if they are still available. Not the traditional erotic fiction but they do explore themes of male domination and female submission. They fall into the science fantasy/space opera category, if you like that sort of thing.

» Add a new message to this topic