FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Dodgy second hand car dealers, how to spot them?

Dodgy second hand car dealers, how to spot them?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ools and the brain OP   Couple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Please no naming of specific places.

But in the process of trying to buy No1 daughter a car unfortunately it's a bloody minefield and trying to identify the good ones is very difficult.

Even if they have positive reviews they could be fake!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

couple, us we him her.

So any tips on how to spot a genuine one?

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Please no naming of specific places.

But in the process of trying to buy No1 daughter a car unfortunately it's a bloody minefield and trying to identify the good ones is very difficult.

Even if they have positive reviews they could be fake!"

Rather than trying to spot dodgy ones, just use good ones that have been in business a long time , good reputation and sold to multiple generations of the same families.

I bought my daughters VW Polo from an ex F2 racer, they have been trading since 1980s , they only sell BMW , Audi and VW nothing else , car was inaccurate 1 prev lady owner low mileage full service, he wouldn’t buy or sell anything that would risk his reputation

You can check companies house to see how long companies have been trading and how long the directors have been there, and how many failed companies the directors have also had , but you shouldn’t need to do this.

By *irtydevil666Man  over a year ago

bristol

Avoid Daley's cars.....I believe the chap goes my the name of Arthur....

couple, us we him her.

Even if they have positive reviews they could be fake!

Rather than trying to spot dodgy ones, just use good ones that have been in business a long time , good reputation and sold to multiple generations of the same families.

I bought my daughters VW Polo from an ex F2 racer, they have been trading since 1980s , they only sell BMW , Audi and VW nothing else , car was inaccurate 1 prev lady owner low mileage full service, he wouldn’t buy or sell anything that would risk his reputation

You can check companies house to see how long companies have been trading and how long the directors have been there, and how many failed companies the directors have also had , but you shouldn’t need to do this."

By *traighttothepoint20Man  over a year ago

Bradford

Even if they have positive reviews they could be fake!"

Best paying the bit extra and going somewhere offering warranty

» Add a new message to this topic