FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The decline of mixed-sex Onsens

The decline of mixed-sex Onsens

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *isfits behaving badly OP   Couple  over a year ago

Coventry

Sadly Japan's post war heritage of mixed-sex bath houses is in rapid decline. Over the last 20 years there's been a huge decline in Onsens offering mixed bathing, which was once fairly norm. Not due to increasing prudish attitudes, due to the growing prevalence of creepy guys. They have in Japan guys they call crocodiles and are kind of a kin to the wanking dead in our club scene. Now naturally thats one thing in the club scene but a whole lot more off putting in a non sexual nude space where you just want to relax with other humans as equals. Its a real shame. I think something that many of us naturist can relate to too and something that really harms women's participation in the naturist scene and spaces. I know from experience in naturist spaces there is the occasional one or two guys who's intent and actions are iffy, especially at the beach. So sad to lose a rare space where people can relax, feel safe in each others company and be naked together as true equals.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By * kiss like morphineMan  over a year ago

The gravelly bit next to the shed

"Sadly Japan's post war heritage of mixed-sex bath houses is in rapid decline. Over the last 20 years there's been a huge decline in Onsens offering mixed bathing, which was once fairly norm. Not due to increasing prudish attitudes, due to the growing prevalence of creepy guys. They have in Japan guys they call crocodiles and are kind of a kin to the wanking dead in our club scene. Now naturally thats one thing in the club scene but a whole lot more off putting in a non sexual nude space where you just want to relax with other humans as equals. Its a real shame. I think something that many of us naturist can relate to too and something that really harms women's participation in the naturist scene and spaces. I know from experience in naturist spaces there is the occasional one or two guys who's intent and actions are iffy, especially at the beach. So sad to lose a rare space where people can relax, feel safe in each others company and be naked together as true equals."

The wanking dead!!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Soooo....

You're pissed you can't bath with naked ladies is what you're saying?

Coventry

"Soooo....

You're pissed you can't bath with naked ladies is what you're saying?"

That's an incredibly cynical outlook. In a technical sense true. But equally in the sense that such behaviour effects womens freedom of enjoyment and involvement in other nude spaces. In sense that the actions of some make women feel unsafe in a space they once felt safe, which is sad. It creates a barrier between men and women just being free and comfortable in each others presence as equals. Especially in a world so divided by sex and body image. Its a beautiful thing when people are happy in their own skin care free as equals and free of fear of harassment or being sexualised.

However reading between the lines get the feeling your cynical of the purity of motive to what we find is the beauty of people being naked together in communal harmony?

If any ladies wish to relax naked in my company I promise not to touch my cock..

"Soooo....

That's an incredibly cynical outlook. In a technical sense true. But equally in the sense that such behaviour effects womens freedom of enjoyment and involvement in other nude spaces. In sense that the actions of some make women feel unsafe in a space they once felt safe, which is sad. It creates a barrier between men and women just being free and comfortable in each others presence as equals. Especially in a world so divided by sex and body image. Its a beautiful thing when people are happy in their own skin care free as equals and free of fear of harassment or being sexualised.

However reading between the lines get the feeling your cynical of the purity of motive to what we find is the beauty of people being naked together in communal harmony? "

I think womens sense of freedom and enjoyment of that freedom is curtailed by the actions of some men in all situations

"Soooo....

However reading between the lines get the feeling your cynical of the purity of motive to what we find is the beauty of people being naked together in communal harmony? "

It's the boobs right?

By *ittle Miss BipolarWoman  over a year ago

Up My Own Arse Apparently

"Soooo....

However reading between the lines get the feeling your cynical of the purity of motive to what we find is the beauty of people being naked together in communal harmony?

I think womens sense of freedom and enjoyment of that freedom is curtailed by the actions of some men in all situations "

This.

There are creeps everywhere. Most often pretending to be the nice guy.

Coventry

"Soooo....

I think womens sense of freedom and enjoyment of that freedom is curtailed by the actions of some men in all situations "

Sadly true that's why it's so sad to see them feel increasingly pushed out of a space that they once didn't feel pushed out of. Sad for women and sad for society as a whole.

Coventry

"Soooo....

I think womens sense of freedom and enjoyment of that freedom is curtailed by the actions of some men in all situations

This.

There are creeps everywhere. Most often pretending to be the nice guy."

Although to be they're pretty crap at pretending most of the time.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Are mixed saunas in Finland and The Netherlands in decline too, or just Japan ?

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"Sadly Japan's post war heritage of mixed-sex bath houses is in rapid decline. Over the last 20 years there's been a huge decline in Onsens offering mixed bathing, which was once fairly norm. Not due to increasing prudish attitudes, due to the growing prevalence of creepy guys. They have in Japan guys they call crocodiles and are kind of a kin to the wanking dead in our club scene. Now naturally thats one thing in the club scene but a whole lot more off putting in a non sexual nude space where you just want to relax with other humans as equals. Its a real shame. I think something that many of us naturist can relate to too and something that really harms women's participation in the naturist scene and spaces. I know from experience in naturist spaces there is the occasional one or two guys who's intent and actions are iffy, especially at the beach. So sad to lose a rare space where people can relax, feel safe in each others company and be naked together as true equals."
ahhhh the greed of man puts an end to everything

» Add a new message to this topic