FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Memorabilia

Memorabilia

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *emorefrida OP   Couple  over a year ago

La la land

So cut a long story short, my mam's house caught fire and after getting things out of storage. I now have a tonne of memorabilia to sift through. And I'm a sentimental sod so I'm loathed to bin it.

So forum do you keep memorabilia or do you declutter and get rid? What's your most treasured momento from your past? Please tell me I'm not the only one

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *he love catsCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

Haven't had this problem though I think I wouldn't be able to get rid of stuff easy, I've got so much stuff in boxes that are from my children when they were small.

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

I'm really bad at getting rid of things too but was really brutal on my last move!

I'm not sure what my most prized item would be but probably my Piece of Eight that my dad found when diving years ago. Had two pieces cleaned up and made into pendants and me and my sibling got one each on our 18th's. History and meaning

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I keep a certain amount but u used to keep more. I was hugely sentimental with stuff but I've become a lot more ruthless as I've got older. I chuck away far more than I keep now.

Pxx

By * kiss like morphineMan  over a year ago

The gravelly bit next to the shed

Tricky, there's that sentimental thing or the 'is it worth owt'?

La la land

"Haven't had this problem though I think I wouldn't be able to get rid of stuff easy, I've got so much stuff in boxes that are from my children when they were small."

I have far too much kid stuff I don't envy them when I decide to give it back to them

La la land

"I'm really bad at getting rid of things too but was really brutal on my last move!

I'm not sure what my most prized item would be but probably my Piece of Eight that my dad found when diving years ago. Had two pieces cleaned up and made into pendants and me and my sibling got one each on our 18th's. History and meaning "

Oh I love that

La la land

"I keep a certain amount but u used to keep more. I was hugely sentimental with stuff but I've become a lot more ruthless as I've got older. I chuck away far more than I keep now.

Pxx"

With me, my mother's kept things for over 20 years I'm not even sure I want it. But it's old, and then I start going through it and the memories flood back and then I can't get rid

La la land

"Tricky, there's that sentimental thing or the 'is it worth owt'? "

I don't have that problem, I know it's not worth anything to anyone but me

I’m all sentimental. I’ve got lots of stuff from the past. LOTS

My most treasured? I don’t know, right now I’m playing some old records, they’re mine.

From my kids, some of the books I used to read them. Or their old toys.

I have something very personal too, a kind of diary of memories.

Things I can sell on eBay is just stuff I don’t need.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I have a few photo albums etc t are sentimental value and a couple of small items like a book I got at Christmas when I was a kid.But mostly I don't keep a lot of stuff as I rent and I've had to move so many times over the years that I don't keep a lot of clutter. It makes moving too hard. Memories mean more to me than objects.

La la land

"I’m all sentimental. I’ve got lots of stuff from the past. LOTS

My most treasured? I don’t know, right now I’m playing some old records, they’re mine.

From my kids, some of the books I used to read them. Or their old toys.

I have something very personal too, a kind of diary of memories.

Things I can sell on eBay is just stuff I don’t need. "

I am not alone yay! I have a book I read to my boys every night. And I have some of mine from when I was little.

La la land

"I have a few photo albums etc t are sentimental value and a couple of small items like a book I got at Christmas when I was a kid.But mostly I don't keep a lot of stuff as I rent and I've had to move so many times over the years that I don't keep a lot of clutter. It makes moving too hard. Memories mean more to me than objects. "

I think if I had to lug all my stuff around on a frequent basis I'd have less of it. Memories are certainly more important than stuff

I’m quite good at getting rid of things that I know I definitely don’t need to keep. I have two boxes of sentimental things. One of them is little keepsakes from when the kids were babies and the other is things of my mums that are really special to me.

I’m not sure what my most treasured is but I have a piece of gold sea glass that I’ve had since I was really small. I found it on a day out with my mum and dad and I remember them telling me it was a really special jewel Silly really but I’ve kept it ever since

La la land

"I’m quite good at getting rid of things that I know I definitely don’t need to keep. I have two boxes of sentimental things. One of them is little keepsakes from when the kids were babies and the other is things of my mums that are really special to me.

I’m not sure what my most treasured is but I have a piece of gold sea glass that I’ve had since I was really small. I found it on a day out with my mum and dad and I remember them telling me it was a really special jewel Silly really but I’ve kept it ever since"

Oh I love that, think it's those little things that encapsulates a day with your loved ones is precious.

By *uby StarCouple  over a year ago

Durham

I have memory boxes for each of my children. I have all-sorts in them from when they were young such as things they made at school,through to certificates they won, through to newspaper cuttings, photos etc. I wouldn't want to ever throw them away.

I'm not a sentimental person by and large, but I've hung onto a huge bag of clothes my kids wore as babies and toddlers. Especially things that more than one of them wore and I've photos of them wearing. The little T-shirts and trousers take me back to their childhood in such a visceral way.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"I have memory boxes for each of my children. I have all-sorts in them from when they were young such as things they made at school,through to certificates they won, through to newspaper cuttings, photos etc. I wouldn't want to ever throw them away."

I've done this

I'm not a sentimental sort really. I have my mums wedding album and a couple of trinkets from grandparents but other than that I don't keep things. I didn't even keep my wedding photos when we seperated.

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

School reports from age 8 until 16. I was a good kid. Various diaries I kept at age 15 then 20 to 24 inclusive. I've now kept one since 2010. Rock gig tickets and programmes. I have a full signed one by the Ronnie James Dio solo band.

» Add a new message to this topic