FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Random good deeds

Random good deeds

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Every now and then it's nice to be reminded there are good people around.

Yesterday I had the hassle of losing my phone. The annoying thing was that I was pretty sure where i lost it but was told the room had been checked and it was not there. As the place was going to be closed till Tues because of the bank holiday, I was looking at having to get a replacement.

Later on yesterday evening a member of staff came to my flat to deliver the phone. It had been where I expected it to be. They double checked the room and then came to mine to deliver so I would not be without it. That act was so appreciated.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

On Monday, after a disastrous and traumatizing weekend, I embarked on a 350 mile journey from one train to another back to my home in Wales. On my way to catch the first train I gave the remaining change in my pocket, about £3.70 I think, to a homeless man who had a little dog with him, the dog looked very sad so I asked him to buy something for the dog. Later that day in Birmingham, I saw another homeless man with a small cat, probably only a year old, I didn't have anything to give him other than some cigarettes, and said hello to his little cat

A lot of people just walk past the homeless and pretend they don't exist, others look down on you for giving them money. The truth is even if you don't have anything to give them, sometimes just making sure they know you notice them as another human being can be enough to lift their spirits. I've been homeless myself, twice even, it's terrible

I just had a terrible time that weekend, I was extremely upset, I just wanted to go home, but in that time it still didn't stop me from wanting to do a good deed, regardless how small it was

By *oinerbillMan  over a year ago

warrington

"On Monday, after a disastrous and traumatizing weekend, I embarked on a 350 mile journey from one train to another back to my home in Wales. On my way to catch the first train I gave the remaining change in my pocket, about £3.70 I think, to a homeless man who had a little dog with him, the dog looked very sad so I asked him to buy something for the dog. Later that day in Birmingham, I saw another homeless man with a small cat, probably only a year old, I didn't have anything to give him other than some cigarettes, and said hello to his little cat

A lot of people just walk past the homeless and pretend they don't exist, others look down on you for giving them money. The truth is even if you don't have anything to give them, sometimes just making sure they know you notice them as another human being can be enough to lift their spirits. I've been homeless myself, twice even, it's terrible

I just had a terrible time that weekend, I was extremely upset, I just wanted to go home, but in that time it still didn't stop me from wanting to do a good deed, regardless how small it was"

Well done to you for this

The problem these days is that there are so many people pretending to be beggars. There is a guy at our local asda, sits there every day begging and i know for a fact he has a flat and a car. Gangs control most of the begging now in big cities.

Terrible shame as it is awful to be homeless

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Before Christmas there were beggars in our town. I saw several people giving them money and food. They were from gangs of beggars from bigger cities though. With their neatly written signs ect .

The real homeless in our town mostly get ignored...

» Add a new message to this topic