FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What do you regret having to pay for?

What do you regret having to pay for?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *he love cats OP   Couple  over a year ago

South Wales

For me it has to be house insurance, the only ever time that I claimed and they wriggled out of it.

Have a lovely evening all.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittyandtheboyCouple  over a year ago

Back of the bins.

Glasses! I need them to live, why are they not free! Like other medical stuff!

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Vegetables. They should all be minimally priced or free

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Parking in hospitals.

Cremations.

Exorbitant vet fees.

Outrageous fuel and utility costs so that private companies can make billions.

A

By *exyDiversCouple  over a year ago

Surrey / Hants

I hope those veggies are not being taken advantage of … as I too do love a firm carrot xx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Somebody else’s mistakes.

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"For me it has to be house insurance, the only ever time that I claimed and they wriggled out of it.

Have a lovely evening all. "

never in my life had house insurance and guess what nothing ever happened

By *eschef81Man  over a year ago

sutton

"Vegetables. They should all be minimally priced or free"

I agree with this. Would make so many more people eat that bit healthier and have kids eat something rather than beige food.

Although as our country imports most stuff unfortunately they put a nice price tag on it. The reason we had a shortage a few months ago was because the retailers didn't want to pay the farmers a decent price.

By *andering Welsh GuyMan  over a year ago

All over the place

Fucking electricity hahaha

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Gas/electric/rent/council tax/food pretty much everything x

Bedroom tax

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I resent the amount we pay in water bills. Considering the amount of raw sewage dumped off the coast here, the water leaks that go unchecked and the number of water supply failures in this area I think we're grossly over charged

By *inell1Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

Wedding ring

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Work suits.

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

"I resent the amount we pay in water bills. Considering the amount of raw sewage dumped off the coast here, the water leaks that go unchecked and the number of water supply failures in this area I think we're grossly over charged"

My issue with my UU bill is more specific than that. I loathe being charged for surface water. I can spit out of my window into the sea - no need for any water that falls on these flats to touch a sewer. Sadly because there is a grid at the front of the flats we get charged, but I really begrudge that money.

By *imbo59seMan  over a year ago

North Norfolk

"For me it has to be house insurance, the only ever time that I claimed and they wriggled out of it.

Have a lovely evening all. never in my life had house insurance and guess what nothing ever happened "

No mortgage either then I guess....doubly blessed

By *ussieChrisMan  over a year ago

Walsall

Where does the list begin..

The general stuff...

Tax

Council tax

Working tax

Sugar tax

Road tax

Umm.. Tax

Insurance.. Especially when they don't pay up..

Pc repair bill (damn virus killed mine)

New work shoes..

I'll stop before I bore people.. Lol

A lady of the night in Tallinn.

North Norfolk

Inheritance Tax......taxed on what you earn, taxed when you save and taxed when you die!

By *ukesidewaysMan  over a year ago

nuneaton

Whilst I don't mind paying salaries to MPs, I do resent having to pay their extortionate expenses.

I read somewhere that Angela rayner, the Labour MP, claimed over £200k in expenses. What for? I used to work away a lot, and even with my salary, I didn't get that much.

That is one thing that should be more accountable.

By *laytime78Man  over a year ago

Oldham

"I hope those veggies are not being taken advantage of … as I too do love a firm carrot xx"

Bugger, you beat me to this comment

A house. If I brought a flat I would of completed fab by now

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

Hospital parking &

Sanitary products!

Mrs

By *uri00620Woman  over a year ago

Croydon

Council tax, which has gone up 15% in a borough selling all of its assets

Car insurance. I would never claim for my car, there's no point. Each year I pay more then what the thing is actually worth...

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Parking fines.

Croydon

"Hospital parking &

Sanitary products!

Mrs "

I do think there should be much more focus on reusable products, menstrual cups, pants etc. I mean they are an option. Saves loads of money plus the environmental benefits. Unpopular opinion I'm sure but I feel when there's other options and you chose not to use them then I don't think it's unreasonable that you pay for them.

By *opetop4UMan  over a year ago

Aberdeen

"Hospital parking &

Sanitary products!

Mrs

I do think there should be much more focus on reusable products, menstrual cups, pants etc. I mean they are an option. Saves loads of money plus the environmental benefits. Unpopular opinion I'm sure but I feel when there's other options and you chose not to use them then I don't think it's unreasonable that you pay for them. "

Both are free in Scotland but I grudge paying Jimmy Krankies minimum alcohol unit pricing!

North Norfolk

"Council tax, which has gone up 15% in a borough selling all of its assets

Car insurance. I would never claim for my car, there's no point. Each year I pay more then what the thing is actually worth..."

Croydon has obviously gone further downhill in the 5 years since I left.....funny, I thought it would have improved

Croydon

"Council tax, which has gone up 15% in a borough selling all of its assets

Car insurance. I would never claim for my car, there's no point. Each year I pay more then what the thing is actually worth...

Croydon has obviously gone further downhill in the 5 years since I left...funny, I thought it would have improved "

Oh yes been in the news pretty frequently for its constant state of bankruptcy. on the plus side I saw a deer in the garden today....

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Conveyancers fees over the years , they basically do a bit of admin , really slowly & badly. The last couple of transactions I did myself there’s basically a TR5 land registry entry and a bank transfer needed to buy or sell a house , the rest is optional.

By *ob Carpe DiemMan  over a year ago

Torquay

200000 packs of tissues with Adriana Chechik printed on them

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

ULEZ and Congestion Charges. Just a massive con and a slap in the face.

By *itonthesideWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Hospital parking &

Sanitary products!

Mrs

I do think there should be much more focus on reusable products, menstrual cups, pants etc. I mean they are an option. Saves loads of money plus the environmental benefits. Unpopular opinion I'm sure but I feel when there's other options and you chose not to use them then I don't think it's unreasonable that you pay for them. "

You’ve said that like the alternatives are going free though.

With the pants/ cups its very much trial and error til you get something that works for you. It might end up cheaper over your life but not everyone has the money to buy/ try/ fail/ buy again

Although i guess if the argument is that hygiene products should be free then we should all be grudging buying toilet paper!

Croydon

"Hospital parking &

Sanitary products!

Mrs

I do think there should be much more focus on reusable products, menstrual cups, pants etc. I mean they are an option. Saves loads of money plus the environmental benefits. Unpopular opinion I'm sure but I feel when there's other options and you chose not to use them then I don't think it's unreasonable that you pay for them.

You’ve said that like the alternatives are going free though.

With the pants/ cups its very much trial and error til you get something that works for you. It might end up cheaper over your life but not everyone has the money to buy/ try/ fail/ buy again

Although i guess if the argument is that hygiene products should be free then we should all be grudging buying toilet paper! "

Equally one use sanitary products are trial and error or can be. Like I said, I realise not a popular opinion. For me it's more the environmental factor anyway.

And yes to your point about toilet paper. Seen as a necessity here. Although lots of countries don't use it. My friend's parents never have. I've never grilled them on the workings of this but in lieu of paper they have a milk bottle sat in top of the cistern.

By *LIVEANDKICKING100Man  over a year ago

DUBLIN

I went sailing in Antigua in Feb. Overall cost was £5000. It was a terrible trip and a waste of money! I did connect with a Fabber over there but timing was tight do no meet up.

Croydon

[Removed by poster at 06/04/23 20:03:19]

Croydon

"I went sailing in Antigua in Feb. Overall cost was £5000. It was a terrible trip and a waste of money! I did connect with a Fabber over there but timing was tight do no meet up."

Bad holidays are sad. I went to the Masai Mara once during migration and the guides somehow missed it. I mean (and I use literally in the literal sense) literally millions of animals crossing. All other groups I came across after saw it. How we missed it when the guides all have radios and whatnot is beyond me

Uk is one of the highest taxing governments in the world

So taxes

On food

On wages

On clothing

On petrol

On bloody everything

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Sanitary products

That's actually about it.

By *asterR and slut mayaMan  over a year ago

Bradford

Bags in a shop . all bags should be recycleable and free the cost can be like used be included in. The price of the item .

"Hospital parking &

Sanitary products!

Mrs

Some people can't use reusable period products. My daughter can't, she is disabled, there is no way in this world she could use a mentsrual cup. And no way am I washing period soiled sanitary pants. I find your comments veryjudgemental.

Croydon

"Hospital parking &

Sanitary products!

Mrs

Some people can't use reusable period products. My daughter can't, she is disabled, there is no way in this world she could use a mentsrual cup. And no way am I washing period soiled sanitary pants. I find your comments veryjudgemental. "

Of course, like paper straws. Some people can't use those, my niece included with her disability. I'm not saying everyone. That being said i think lots of people could but rule it out. Fair enough their choice but I still stand by what I said about paying for it. We have had this discussion at work. General consenus was "it's gross". Again fine, but then you won't mind paying for it if you won't even consider an alternative.

By *olden PoleMan  over a year ago

Thal

ULEZ

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

Agreeing with a few other posters.

Hospital car parking

Glasses

I will add though

False teeth. A mate has paid out a fortune since he was 18, he lost a lot when he got knocked of his bike at a young age.

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

Regret? Do you mean begrudge?

Chams or Socials

"Hospital parking &

Sanitary products!

Mrs

Reusable products aren’t for everyone though sadly. I tried cups, reuseable pads etc..but were never strong enough. Even super plus tampons & night time towels couldn’t cope & it was a full 7 days for me until a hysterectomy

J

By *vgloryholebs16TV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol.

I begrudge paying for batteries, razor blades and toilet rolls but don't ask me why cos I dunno..

Parking fines

Parking at hospitals

Insurance, it always increases

Diesel and £290 a year for road tax

The Dartford crossing

Congestion charges

I could go on and on about the robbing bastards

Croydon

"Hospital parking &

Sanitary products!

Mrs

Reusable products aren’t for everyone though sadly. I tried cups, reuseable pads etc..but were never strong enough. Even super plus tampons & night time towels couldn’t cope & it was a full 7 days for me until a hysterectomy

No of course and I said that previously. Such things will never be for everyone, like most things. They wouldn't have worked for me once upon a time. I grew up in a male only house so had to figure things out on my own and wouldn't have got to grips with them either. But in this country more than in the rest of the world I've noticed a real revulsion towards them from adults who potentially could,

that's all I was trying to say. No one has to do anything of course but I find it interesting when they're better for your health why they're not even considered.

J "

No of course and I said that previously. Such things will never be for everyone, like most things. They wouldn't have worked for me once upon a time. I grew up in a male only house so had to figure things out on my own and wouldn't have got to grips with them either. But in this country more than in the rest of the world I've noticed a real revulsion towards them from adults who potentially could,

that's all I was trying to say. No one has to do anything of course but I find it interesting when they're better for your health why they're not even considered.

Taxes

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Prescriptions. I don't pay for mine as I'm diabetic but if I wasn't I'd have to pay for life saving medication

And taxes on earnings. For some big earners it's almost not worth turning over a lot of money.

Not that I've got much, but I read something about the percentage of tax for high earners and it was ridiculous!

By *oung n hung for funMan  over a year ago

Coundon , Bishop Auckland

Multiple things,

1. Site supporter on here

2. Medication that I need

3. Council tax when they won't evan clean up a fly tip

4. Road tax when the roads are full off pit holes

U could go on

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

A visit to a club. Paid as a single man and didn't get a shag all night

By *mrmarkMan  over a year ago

tavistock

My 1st wifes boob job

By *ittlebirdWoman  over a year ago

The Big Smoke

"Sanitary products

That's actually about it."

I was just gonna put this. Totally fucking ridiculous they have to be paid for.

It’s not like we can do without them

By *tylebender03Man  over a year ago

Manchester

Tv license

Chams or Socials

"Prescriptions. I don't pay for mine as I'm diabetic but if I wasn't I'd have to pay for life saving medication"

I paid monthly until I was diagnosed as diabetic so just under £11 a month but I take a lot of medication so didn’t begrudge paying. I do think that free prescriptions for over 60’s needs revising to state pension age though

J

Chams or Socials

"Hospital parking &

Sanitary products!

Mrs

J

"

I hear you. I was brought up my my dad. An exceptional dad. I was very lucky as he fought my corner with my gynaecologist. We’ve invested in various period pants for my niece & they seem to be doing their job. Washing is a bit grim but they are working

Hotels.

By *r_PinkMan  over a year ago

london stratford

all utilities

ie Gas water and electricity.

all things we need. only luxuries should cost

Croydon

"Hospital parking &

Sanitary products!

Mrs

J

I hear you. I was brought up my my dad. An exceptional dad. I was very lucky as he fought my corner with my gynaecologist. We’ve invested in various period pants for my niece & they seem to be doing their job. Washing is a bit grim but they are working "

Ha, I've not tried them i like the cup.

Good about your dad I could never broach the subject with mine I was painfully embarrassed so used to spend half of my £1 a week pocket each month buying sanitary products. I guess it never occurred to him i needed them? Often I improvised if I had no money but still better than talking to dad!!

By *allulah8091Woman  over a year ago

Harrogate

Marriage, what a waste if money

Croydon

"all utilities

all things we need. only luxuries should cost "

Hmm to a point maybe but if you've a 10 bedroom house with heated pool and hot tub on all the time you can fuck right off thinking that should be paid for.....

By *r_PinkMan  over a year ago

london stratford

"all utilities

all things we need. only luxuries should cost

Hmm to a point maybe but if you've a 10 bedroom house with heated pool and hot tub on all the time you can fuck right off thinking that should be paid for.....

"

Ok . there should be a free quota per person, go over that quota and you have to pay, stay under it and all is tickedy boo. Go over and you have to pay! and free parking everywhere. but make bays for residence only so no one loses out on parking outside there own home.

Chams or Socials

"Hospital parking &

Sanitary products!

Mrs

J

I hear you. I was brought up my my dad. An exceptional dad. I was very lucky as he fought my corner with my gynaecologist. We’ve invested in various period pants for my niece & they seem to be doing their job. Washing is a bit grim but they are working

Good about your dad I could never broach the subject with mine I was painfully embarrassed so used to spend half of my £1 a week pocket each month buying sanitary products. I guess it never occurred to him i needed them? Often I improvised if I had no money but still better than talking to dad!! "

I got lucky!! But after 8 years of him fighting for me I got a diagnosis. Took another 24 years for the Op though grrrrr

[Removed by poster at 06/04/23 22:56:53]

"A visit to a club. Paid as a single man and didn't get a shag all night "

When you go to a Club you don't expect to get nought, I've been a few times and truthfully the only action I've ever got was with one if the lady I took, if I was lucky. The main lady I took was call Denise and she's still on here, she never played with me at all despite her saying the first person the guy should play with if he has taken a women to a Club is the lady he brought, I reverse quoted that to her and she dodnt like it, havnt seen her since, never did play lol

Croydon

"Hospital parking &

Sanitary products!

Mrs

J

Good about your dad I could never broach the subject with mine I was painfully embarrassed so used to spend half of my £1 a week pocket each month buying sanitary products. I guess it never occurred to him i needed them? Often I improvised if I had no money but still better than talking to dad!!

I got lucky!! But after 8 years of him fighting for me I got a diagnosis. Took another 24 years for the Op though grrrrr"

Gosh, me not so long with endometriosis early twenties but missed a week of school every month all through my teens. Well done dad though, I know how these fights can be with anything to do with gyny things for women (still)...

Have a lovely evening all. "

An everyday occurrence for most people and it includes me when l have to is pay for parking your car ,

You buy it,

You insure it .

You tax it .

You run it ,

You NCT it,

You maintain it

...and you still have to pay to park it !!!

By *B69Woman  over a year ago

Wiltshire

Air to blow your tyres up

By *asycouple1971Couple  over a year ago

midlands

Birmingham clean air zone. Thieving council bastards.

By *he beard and the bumCouple  over a year ago

Lancashire

Sanitary products. They are a luxury item apparently (eye roll)

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

My wheelchair

The wheelchair hoist in my car

The adapted clutch in my car

Anything related to having to pay extra to live a relatively normal, ordinary life with a disability.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Water bills, for the company to pay huge dividends to owners, whilst pouring sewage on our beaches and into rivers.

We were conned

By *rispyDuckMan  over a year ago

Chinese Takeaway near you

Taxes for everything

There is council tax, road tax, inheritance tax, tax on our wages, tax on goods & services & thousand other things we get taxed

Tampax and sanitary products.. How can condoms be free, but sanitary products aren't??

By *opinovMan  over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

Other people's hubristic ignorance and stupidity.

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

car mechanics fees when they charge for stuff you only have their word for it that needed doing...

"car mechanics fees when they charge for stuff you only have their word for it that needed doing... "

Similarly… roofing work.. you’ve only got their word to go on??

By *an de LyonMan  over a year ago

welling

Thames Water’s price increases when they are losing 50% to leaks

By *ez669Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Any type of insurance

Council tax

Vat money thata already been taxed

By *ormalfornorfolkMan  over a year ago

Norwich

Our wedding.

By *uby StarCouple  over a year ago

Durham

Council tax. It's extortionate and don't see anything for your money.

By *sianflower77Woman  over a year ago

Emerald City

Sanitary towels and tampons should be free. We didn’t ask for the bloody period.

Dubai & Nottingham

"I went sailing in Antigua in Feb. Overall cost was £5000. It was a terrible trip and a waste of money! I did connect with a Fabber over there but timing was tight do no meet up.

Bad holidays are sad. I went to the Masai Mara once during migration and the guides somehow missed it. I mean (and I use literally in the literal sense) literally millions of animals crossing. All other groups I came across after saw it. How we missed it when the guides all have radios and whatnot is beyond me"

I once spent £18k taking my kids to Jamaica all inclusive and they said it would lovely but doesn’t beat wild camping in the Peak District

Dubai & Nottingham

"Any type of insurance

Council tax

Vat money thata already been taxed "

I think with insurance you have to buy very expensive policies and claim a lot. I think overall in the last five years I’m significant up. Years ago I worked at Pru and they taught me to insure high and claim often rather than buy cheap policies

By *rivateparts!Man  over a year ago

Walking down the only road I've ever known!

Hospital parking.

By *he AmbassadorMan  over a year ago

IRLANDA. / Prague. / Cil Dara

An apartment in Prague that i lost 3 years later in a divorce,,

By *elvet RopeMan  over a year ago

by the big field

Council tax, based on some drive by valuation in 1992, yet I get pretty much fuck all as I’m out in the sticks, so no street lights for miles, no drainage (so roads get flooded in heavy rain), seen 1 police car in 2 years, that went past at about 60mph, very little maintenance to verges, no public transport, no kerbs to sweep, basically an extortionist fee to get the bin emptied- yet pay more than a town house with a large family in it…needs to change to a per person system that’s not based on property value!

» Add a new message to this topic