FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Road rage

Road rage

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hear me out folks, I’m pulling out a side street into a main road, it’s the middle of day, clear visibility and there are no traffic lights anywhere close by, I’m waiting and I have all the time in the world the sun is shining, happy days, I’m waiting for a big enough gap and the car that lets me out has nothing behind him, now he should not have done that, it’s makes my blood boil too, he can just go about his business and let me do mine but now because he has basically ripped the Highway Code up and ‘allowed’ me to pull out in front of him the potential for a fuck up goes up 100 percent, I stayed calm on the outside but inside I’m not, I know he’s being polite and no harm done, now I learnt to drive in London so I know what a ‘gap’ looks like, he doesn’t know that but even so can people not just stick to the rules maybe or am I now one of those old blokes who loans about everything

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *awty_TwoCouple  over a year ago

Near Maidstone

What the hell??

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I feel your pain.

I get annoyed when someone waves me out oblivious to the fact that there's traffic coming in the other direction and certain death awaits me. Then they get annoyed that you don't go and start aggressively waving and flashing their lights.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You're moaning about someone letting you out?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I love you.

Let me tell you why.

NO ONE should try to drive your car for you.

Letting people out is ONLY for when there is a slowing or stopping of traffic on the main carriage way and they allow you into the gap.

NEVER should they stop ( they have right of way ) and try to force you to move.

I REFUSE to pull out when people 'politely' stop on the main road to let me out ....

They should just finish their fucking manouvre and let you drive your own car.

P.S. If there was an accident the fault would lie with you not the other ..

They just don't READ and understand.

By *enrietteandSamCouple  over a year ago

Staffordshire

Toot toot

Thank you

Vrooom… vrooooooooomm… vrooooooooooooommm

By *ravelling_WilburyMan  over a year ago

Beverley

I don't know what you're on about? Sounds like someone tried to let you out and you're pissed off about it

King's Crustacean

"You're moaning about someone letting you out? "

No he's not moaning.

He's explaining the correct procedure.

Beverley

Are you all being serious? Fucking hell. I wish no cunt bothered trying to let me out in that case

I would much rather pause to let someone out even if I have the technical right of way. That means I know they aint going to do anything stupid like T bone me as I drive past.

King's Crustacean

"I don't know what you're on about? Sounds like someone tried to let you out and you're pissed off about it "

Someone tried to let him out when there's no need.....

The road controllers... the re writers of rules...... the accident causers.

"You're moaning about someone letting you out?

No he's not moaning.

He's explaining the correct procedure. "

Sounds like moaning. It might be the correct procedure, but then again, I expect everyone follows every single rule of the road. I'd have been even more annoyed had he not let me out, and drove slowly.

By *laytime78Man  over a year ago

Oldham

The shear audacity they had!

Seeing you waiting there, enjoying the sunshine ever so patiently.

To take the time to slow their own car down and signal it's safe to pull out

What is the world coming to

King's Crustacean

"

I feel your pain.

I get annoyed when someone waves me out oblivious to the fact that there's traffic coming in the other direction and certain death awaits me. Then they get annoyed that you don't go and start aggressively waving and flashing their lights. "

I live on a road that emerges close to a bend..

The number of drivers that block my view by stopping and 'urging' me out into the road and expect me to put my trust in them can't be counted.

Then when I don't do as they say, they dirty look me and shake their head as if I am the nutter.....

There's a clear distinction between 'letting someone out' when necessary and being a bad driving know it all controlling dickhead.

Beverley

"I don't know what you're on about? Sounds like someone tried to let you out and you're pissed off about it

"

So what?

The driver can just check the opposite direction and proceed if its safe.

Be grateful. It's like opening a door

By *he AmbassadorMan  over a year ago

IRLANDA. / Prague. / Cil Dara

"Hear me out folks, I’m pulling out a side street into a main road, it’s the middle of day, clear visibility and there are no traffic lights anywhere close by, I’m waiting and I have all the time in the world the sun is shining, happy days, I’m waiting for a big enough gap and the car that lets me out has nothing behind him, now he should not have done that, it’s makes my blood boil too, he can just go about his business and let me do mine but now because he has basically ripped the Highway Code up and ‘allowed’ me to pull out in front of him the potential for a fuck up goes up 100 percent, I stayed calm on the outside but inside I’m not, I know he’s being polite and no harm done, now I learnt to drive in London so I know what a ‘gap’ looks like, he doesn’t know that but even so can people not just stick to the rules maybe or am I now one of those old blokes who loans about everything "
OP

I think you need to pull over at a shop and by a Cadbury flake or a caramel,,

Infact keep one in the car at all times and chill my man.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Don't start me on the very slow drivers who stick their arm out of the window to wave you past on a blind bend.

Or the ones who wave people out oblivious to the fact that they've left the person behind them in a dangerous position on the road because they expected them to carry on driving.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Are you turning left or right out of the side street?

Turning Left. No I don't get it, I would have said thanks and gone on

Turning Right. Yes it's very dangerous and common at accidents. I would have refused to move till I was happy

Beverley

"I don't know what you're on about? Sounds like someone tried to let you out and you're pissed off about it

So what?

Be grateful. It's like opening a door "

I've actually just noticed that 'there was a gap behind him' in which case yeah, I can see your point more, but in traffic, people are just trying to help

King's Crustacean

"You're moaning about someone letting you out?

No he's not moaning.

He's explaining the correct procedure.

Sounds like moaning. It might be the correct procedure, but then again, I expect everyone follows every single rule of the road. I'd have been even more annoyed had he not let me out, and drove slowly."

You are missing the point. There's NO NEED for anyone to let you out.

1) it's dangerous ( unless the main line of traffic is stopped or drastically slowed in heavy traffic )

2) just get out of their line of vision and let them make a decision to drive or not.

3) he would be liable if he drove into something else.

Highway code = pull out when safe to do so ..... NOT pull out when Dave waves and you and tells you to come out.

King's Crustacean

"Toot toot

Thank you

Vrooom… vrooooooooomm… vrooooooooooooommm"

Meeeeeeeowwwwwwww Crash !! Fuck I didn't see that behind him ... !

King's Crustacean

"I would much rather pause to let someone out even if I have the technical right of way. That means I know they aint going to do anything stupid like T bone me as I drive past.

"

I'd let someone out who is backing off their drive or similar and they haven't got a clear view.....

Yes I'd avoid that accident..

But i'd NEVER ( she said in caps ) stop on a main road to let someone out if I was about to right turn off the road.....fucking ridiculous.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Often a motorcyclist will be behind a car out of your line of sight in that situation. I shudder to think of the consequences of them overtaking the stationary car

King's Crustacean

So what?

Be grateful. It's like opening a door "

No. Drive your own car. Follow the highway code whenever it's possible.

Staffordshire

"Toot toot

Thank you

Meeeeeeeowwwwwwww Crash !! Fuck I didn't see that behind him ... !"

Neeee nawwww neee naawwww… ello ello madam, you really shouldn’t let your cat drive for you no matter how much you want to finish crocheting that scarf!

Not moaning, just aware of the Highway Code and the fact that unnecessary shit happens when people do unnecessary shit, if he had looked in his rear view mirror and decided I can go about my business once he had passed me as per the Highway Code then no harm done but the fact he slowed right down and didn’t even gesture as in hand wave or flash lights then what am I to do? do I just take a punt and go for it and risk an accident, now I’m not being German about it, if people think that’s moaning then Godspeed to you be safe out there but I’d quite like my day off work to be drama free

King's Crustacean

I'm German ...... what did you mean by you are not being German ?

King's Crustacean

I never go if someone flashes their lights....

What the fuck does that even mean ? Everyone thinks they are flashing at them....

Are my headlights bust ? Is there a cow on the road ? Are there coppers around the bend ? Is he just testing his lights ? Is he saying thanks for last week when I let him out ... Is he saying Coooooooooo eeeeee I know you from the pub.

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

Honestly you called the thread road rage. If another vehicle letting you out causes "road rage" maybe consider using public transport instead.

I've read this post several times abd really can't see the issue

"I'm German ...... what did you mean by you are not being German ?"

The Germans are super strict on Highway Code etc or at least last time I was in Cologne there was none of this tomfoolery

King's Crustacean

Next time I am driving .... I'm going to stop dead in the middle of the carriageway so that cars coming the other way can turn without any other traffic in the way ..

I just thought i'd re write the rules of the road. So that everyone can make up their own and still believe they have a right to do so.

I'll think of some more rules to re write for myself.

King's Crustacean

"I'm German ...... what did you mean by you are not being German ?

The Germans are super strict on Highway Code etc or at least last time I was in Cologne there was none of this tomfoolery "

No we are not super strict on Highway Code. We just follow the rules for the safety of all road users.

King's Crustacean

....... I'm not German btw. I lied.

I can relate.

I had someone flashing me through with an island thing on one side of the road. They were flashing their lights and waving manically, they failed to notice the fuck off wagon behind them that if I had gone would of had no where to go.

"Often a motorcyclist will be behind a car out of your line of sight in that situation. I shudder to think of the consequences of them overtaking the stationary car "

And people this is why I get internal road rage about it, there could have easily been a motorbike or cyclist, my issue with it all and what makes me spit feathers is ‘Dave’ as granny calls him is not the over seer of the roads and during the episode he gave me zero indication as to what he wanted me to do, he could have looked behind a million times and decided it’s safe for me to pull out and turn right but that is my decision not his

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I don't get why the op is annoyed. Go if you want to.. don't if you don't.

No need for road rage at all.

By *eneralKenobiMan  over a year ago

North Angus

Yep this twists my titties too, just continue your flow of traffic I’ll join when I’m good to go

By *haron StonerTV/TS  over a year ago

Haywards Heath

Have a wank and calm down. X

By *oo..Woman  over a year ago

Boo's World

Ungrateful springs to mind because if you were actually in a rush one day, I'm sure you'd be cursing them under your breath because no one was letting you out!

Accept that someone has manners and go with it instead.

By *ADY GOODWITCHWoman  over a year ago

single st, kinky Town

Well if that's all you got to moan about..... consider yourself lucky!!!

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

"I don't get why the op is annoyed. Go if you want to.. don't if you don't.

No need for road rage at all."

Agreed

By *osey WalesMan  over a year ago

Surrey

I may have misunderstood but i read it as he was let out by a car where there was no cars behind it. Therefore, if the car continued, he would have been able to pull out anyway. So why did the other driver let him out ?

As a van driver, i live with the rule, van drivers let van drivers out, especially in london, as its just a nightmare with all the crazies on scooters/bikes/mopeds/gyro-thingies/skateboards/rollerskates etc

Stay safe out there people

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol

Yeah it demonstrates a lack of awareness from the other driver.

But actual road rage over this seems a bit much. More like, road grievance, or road slightly bothered.

It just sounds like someone let you out on an empty road.

Go or don't go it's up to you.

King's Crustacean

"Have a wank and calm down. X"

But not while your driving

Staffordshire

"Have a wank and calm down. X

But not while your driving "

Because you shouldn’t let any out presumably?

King's Crustacean

"Toot toot

Thank you

Neeee nawwww neee naawwww… ello ello madam, you really shouldn’t let your cat drive for you no matter how much you want to finish crocheting that scarf!"

Can I pay the fine in kind Hofficer Dribble ?

By *ee04Man  over a year ago

Thurrock

The big one for me is motorways and dual carriageways. Why do they not pull over to the left? Pick any motorway or multi laned A road and you’ll see people driving along in lane 2, 3, or 4 with nothing on the inside. They are not fast lanes they are overtaking lanes which means you over take then pull in to the inside.

I got pulled by the police a few months back for going passed someone on the inside, it was an unmarked car, I was not speeding but had a knob in front sitting in the outside lane of an A road doing 55 mph. I sat behind him for a mile or so with nothing on the inside as they made no attempt to pull over I went passed on the left. Then the blue lights came on I pulled over and the self important police officer came, have you any identification? No I replied, but you know my name as you have ANPR. That only tells me who owns the vehicle and it’s details. Well I am the owner, the car is legal and above board. But how do I know it’s you? How do you know it’s not me I replied? I haven’t go any ID on me, it is not the law I carry it, and when I last looked it’s not a police state.

Then because I was in a shit mood I gave him my name address, phone number (home and mobile), national insurance number, bank account number and sort code, my work 10 digit employee number, anything else I asked? No need to be a smart arse he said.

Then do you know why I’ve stopped you? To which I replied no. I have video of you undertaking that car on the inside this is in contravention of the Highway Code. Can you show me the video? Yes sit in the back of my car, he then replayed the video. See you undertook them anything you’d like to say?

Yes how far does that video go back? It records at all times when on duty? Ok so you’ll be able to go back and see how long I sat behind the twat, who in contravention of the Highway Code sat in an over taking lane not overtaking anyone, with no other reason than they’re a twat hogging a lane. I did not speed, so what did you not pull them? If you’d been doing your job I would not have had to undertake? So by your failure I’ve had to break the law? Two wrongs do t make it right? No I said but if your giving me a ticket I’m taking it to court and I’ll ask for the video to be shown. This will show yours and their incompetence.

At this point he started to climb down, I ended up with a producer and a warning not to do it agin. The twat got nothing.

King's Crustacean

and just went blissfully on his way .... later stopping on the motorway to let Dave come in from a slip road...... awwwwww such lovely people

"Often a motorcyclist will be behind a car out of your line of sight in that situation. I shudder to think of the consequences of them overtaking the stationary car

And people this is why I get internal road rage about it, there could have easily been a motorbike or cyclist, my issue with it all and what makes me spit feathers is ‘Dave’ as granny calls him is not the over seer of the roads and during the episode he gave me zero indication as to what he wanted me to do, he could have looked behind a million times and decided it’s safe for me to pull out and turn right but that is my decision not his"

Failing to see why it even irked you.. go or don't. No need to get agitated... just wave them on then go when you feel ready too.

If someone let's me out,I'm going to take it but it may take me longer than they want as I'm going to do it ad if they aren't their....

And as a motorcyclist..if I saw a car slow or stop without indicating.. I'd overtake carefully in case it's someone turning anyway or some other issue I can't see... read the road. Anticipate others.. use your eyes and ears. But I don't get this urge to get angry at other road uses

I will add at no point did I shout or outwardly rage at him so maybe road rage is the wrong title, I let my twitchy eye do it’s thing and went to costa for cake, I’m good

Staffordshire

"Toot toot

Thank you

Neeee nawwww neee naawwww… ello ello madam, you really shouldn’t let your cat drive for you no matter how much you want to finish crocheting that scarf!

Can I pay the fine in kind Hofficer Dribble ?"

No fine madam.

I’m confiscating your pussy.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I will add at no point did I shout or outwardly rage at him so maybe road rage is the wrong title, I let my twitchy eye do it’s thing and went to costa for cake, I’m good "

You clearly stated that you remained calm on the outside.

Some excellent fun sponges in here.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Some excellent fun sponges in here. "

Eh!

"

I feel your pain.

I get annoyed when someone waves me out oblivious to the fact that there's traffic coming in the other direction and certain death awaits me. Then they get annoyed that you don't go and start aggressively waving and flashing their lights. "

They'd fail their test for that.. its classed as putting f others in a place of danger.. and I'm no instructor lol

King's Crustacean

"Some excellent fun sponges in here. "

Oooooo passive agression.

Be bold...... who are the fun sponges ?

"Some excellent fun sponges in here.

Eh! "

You can see the reactions people have had. I think some people need to relax a little.

King's Crustacean

"

I feel your pain.

I get annoyed when someone waves me out oblivious to the fact that there's traffic coming in the other direction and certain death awaits me. Then they get annoyed that you don't go and start aggressively waving and flashing their lights.

They'd fail their test for that.. its classed as putting f others in a place of danger.. and I'm no instructor lol"

Good point , fellow fun sponge I'd forgotten that...... they would indeed fail their test ....

By *londebiguyMan  over a year ago

Southport

Old bloke who moans.

He was being polite.

King's Crustacean

Eh!

You can see the reactions people have had. I think some people need to relax a little.

"

Which side are you on ?

Be bold...... who are the fun sponges ?"

Clearly you, nothing passive aggressive about it. But you do seem like you worry far too much. Much happier with people on the road who might stop to let me out (when there is no need) than people who worry far too much and stick to the very letter of the law.

King's Crustacean

"Old bloke who moans.

He was being polite."

Old ?

Who is old ?

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

I do sympathise OP. Close to my home there is a crossroads on a steep hill. I frequently drive up the hill and need to turn right at the crossroads. It's a residential area with walls and parked cars and poor visibility, so turning right involves much caution as it's not always obvious whether a car is hurtling along the road I'm turning onto.

I've lost count of the number of people coming straight down the hill who stop and flash at me to turn right in front of them. They have no better visibility than I, so I won't do it.

I'm sure they think they're being helpful (which is lovely) but the majority really see their arse when I politely decline, much shouting and gesticulating at me as though I'm the one in the wrong. No matter how much they shout I'm still not going to budge until I'm sure the road is clear.

You can only drive your car, sadly you can't control how someone else drives theirs.

King's Crustacean

Clearly you, nothing passive aggressive about it. But you do seem like you worry far too much. Much happier with people on the road who might stop to let me out (when there is no need) than people who worry far too much and stick to the very letter of the law. "

I'm not worried.

Try not to assume and name call.

"

I feel your pain.

They'd fail their test for that.. its classed as putting f others in a place of danger.. and I'm no instructor lol

Good point , fellow fun sponge I'd forgotten that...... they would indeed fail their test .... "

Hapoy to suck the fun out of this one. Bad driving is my pet peeve

Eh!

Which side are you on ?"

I pull out, thank the driver and go about my day not thinking about it ever again after 3/4 seconds.

Of course, to get a better idea I need every detail. Weather conditions, temperature, exactly layout of the road etc.

By *uby StarCouple  over a year ago

Durham

Huh? You're peed off because someone was kind and let you out at a junction?

I'm really not understanding your thinking here

Clearly you, nothing passive aggressive about it. But you do seem like you worry far too much. Much happier with people on the road who might stop to let me out (when there is no need) than people who worry far too much and stick to the very letter of the law.

I'm not worried.

Try not to assume and name call. "

Your posts suggest otherwise to me but happy to take your word for it.

"Huh? You're peed off because someone was kind and let you out at a junction?

I'm really not understanding your thinking here "

When I read the thread title I had to check the location, because I saw a bloke giving someone a left hook over a road rage incident yesterday in the valleys

By *haron StonerTV/TS  over a year ago

Haywards Heath

Being nice to others is good karma. Greenlights and no tickets. X

There are many laws which I'd say 100% of us don't always comply with, that would also lead to a failed test. Speeding, even a few mph over the limit. The old look in the mirror every time you change gear. Starting to drive whilst putting your seatbelt on. People may not admit it, but I'd say everyone breaks the highway code.

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

"There are many laws which I'd say 100% of us don't always comply with, that would also lead to a failed test. Speeding, even a few mph over the limit. The old look in the mirror every time you change gear. Starting to drive whilst putting your seatbelt on. People may not admit it, but I'd say everyone breaks the highway code. "

I don't check my mirrors to change gear and I'll admit I've never even heard of that!

King's Crustacean

[Removed by poster at 06/04/23 13:27:02]

By *hubs101Man  over a year ago

West Midlands

[Removed by poster at 06/04/23 13:40:03]

By *hubs101Man  over a year ago

West Midlands

"The big one for me is motorways and dual carriageways. Why do they not pull over to the left? Pick any motorway or multi laned A road and you’ll see people driving along in lane 2, 3, or 4 with nothing on the inside. They are not fast lanes they are overtaking lanes which means you over take then pull in to the inside.

I got pulled by the police a few months back for going passed someone on the inside, it was an unmarked car, I was not speeding but had a knob in front sitting in the outside lane of an A road doing 55 mph. I sat behind him for a mile or so with nothing on the inside as they made no attempt to pull over I went passed on the left. Then the blue lights came on I pulled over and the self important police officer came, have you any identification? No I replied, but you know my name as you have ANPR. That only tells me who owns the vehicle and it’s details. Well I am the owner, the car is legal and above board. But how do I know it’s you? How do you know it’s not me I replied? I haven’t go any ID on me, it is not the law I carry it, and when I last looked it’s not a police state.

Then because I was in a shit mood I gave him my name address, phone number (home and mobile), national insurance number, bank account number and sort code, my work 10 digit employee number, anything else I asked? No need to be a smart arse he said.

Then do you know why I’ve stopped you? To which I replied no. I have video of you undertaking that car on the inside this is in contravention of the Highway Code. Can you show me the video? Yes sit in the back of my car, he then replayed the video. See you undertook them anything you’d like to say?

Yes how far does that video go back? It records at all times when on duty? Ok so you’ll be able to go back and see how long I sat behind the twat, who in contravention of the Highway Code sat in an over taking lane not overtaking anyone, with no other reason than they’re a twat hogging a lane. I did not speed, so what did you not pull them? If you’d been doing your job I would not have had to undertake? So by your failure I’ve had to break the law? Two wrongs do t make it right? No I said but if your giving me a ticket I’m taking it to court and I’ll ask for the video to be shown. This will show yours and their incompetence.

At this point he started to climb down, I ended up with a producer and a warning not to do it agin. The twat got nothing. "

This annoys the bejusus out of me too! 90% of my work day is spent on the road & have lost count of the lane hoggers who seem totally oblivious to any other vehicle on the road!

My favourite one is when you're happily sitting with cruise control set at 70(ish) and slowly catching someone up, pull out to overtake them and they speed up as you're level with their window, giving you 2 choices... speed up or brake to pull in behind them! Usually happens when Mr "I'm late for an important meeting" is sat 2 foot from your rear bumper

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

Co7ld it be he was just doing his good deed for the day, so he can treat everyone else with contempt.

Or

He was just being nice, by letting you out.

"There are many laws which I'd say 100% of us don't always comply with, that would also lead to a failed test. Speeding, even a few mph over the limit. The old look in the mirror every time you change gear. Starting to drive whilst putting your seatbelt on. People may not admit it, but I'd say everyone breaks the highway code. "

You do not need to use your mirrors to change gear.. change speed or direction or approaching a hazard then yes. But not just to change gear.

"There are many laws which I'd say 100% of us don't always comply with, that would also lead to a failed test. Speeding, even a few mph over the limit. The old look in the mirror every time you change gear. Starting to drive whilst putting your seatbelt on. People may not admit it, but I'd say everyone breaks the highway code.

You do not need to use your mirrors to change gear.. change speed or direction or approaching a hazard then yes. But not just to change gear. "

Normally when you change gear, it means a change of speed. Unless you drive 30mph in 1st.

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"Hear me out folks, I’m pulling out a side street into a main road, it’s the middle of day, clear visibility and there are no traffic lights anywhere close by, I’m waiting and I have all the time in the world the sun is shining, happy days, I’m waiting for a big enough gap and the car that lets me out has nothing behind him, now he should not have done that, it’s makes my blood boil too, he can just go about his business and let me do mine but now because he has basically ripped the Highway Code up and ‘allowed’ me to pull out in front of him the potential for a fuck up goes up 100 percent, I stayed calm on the outside but inside I’m not, I know he’s being polite and no harm done, now I learnt to drive in London so I know what a ‘gap’ looks like, he doesn’t know that but even so can people not just stick to the rules maybe or am I now one of those old blokes who loans about everything "
really lol i mean he let you out and you're moaning about it....... Well i never

» Add a new message to this topic