FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Mistakes

Mistakes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

After a conversation earlier, about lifes choices, decisions, and mistakes. And I've made some bad choices, and some really bad decisions. That lead me down some dark dark roads. But I don't regret them, and would do it all over again. As I've learnt from them. I regret nothing.

So my question to you wonderful people, do you have regrets, is there decisions you'd reverse given the chance?..

I'll leave it on this which a wise man instilled in me " the only mistake I really need to worry about is the one I don't learn from, the first time it's a mistake, second and third it's a choice".

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Regrets, I’ve had a few……

By *ull English with teaMan  over a year ago

London

"Regrets, I’ve had a few……"

Too few to mention?

By *avexxMan  over a year ago

cheshire

i wouldnt know where to start,

"Regrets, I’ve had a few……

Too few to mention?"

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew

By *ilkstressWoman  over a year ago

Drasnia

Too few to mention?"

I did what I had to do

By *929Man  over a year ago

newcastle

Biggest regret I’ll ever have is the actions thst lead up to the breakdown of my family, long story short I never got over her cheating then leaving me for someone else back in 2014 then realising she made a mistake and coming back, fast forward to 2021 and she had turned cold again (she did off and on entire relationship) and while working away got chatting to a lass who i thought never in a million years would be interested in me but turned out she was I declined but went home and let it go to my head thinking I’d made a big mistake and turned down my chance at happiness and it showed a few months later she moved out now I live with the regret every day waking up in empty bed, not being able to wake my daughter up or put her to bed, coming to empty house (may as well be I have custody of my son but he only comes down from the loft to eat haha) it’s miserable and dream every day still having my family here

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman  over a year ago

Carlisle usually

I have only one situation I regret and would change if I could go back.

Most things I am happy to accept as learning experiences. That one I already knew better, I was just in a very self destructive space when it started and then was trapped for 2 years of increasing misery that I did not need.

By *cottish guy 555Man  over a year ago

London

Regrets? Maybe. Missed opportunities? Definitely. But there are some things now that would be different and some of them are what make my life worthwhile.

As a wise man said to me recently, it's just a life's journey is all

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"After a conversation earlier, about lifes choices, decisions, and mistakes. And I've made some bad choices, and some really bad decisions. That lead me down some dark dark roads. But I don't regret them, and would do it all over again. As I've learnt from them. I regret nothing.

So my question to you wonderful people, do you have regrets, is there decisions you'd reverse given the chance?..

I'll leave it on this which a wise man instilled in me " the only mistake I really need to worry about is the one I don't learn from, the first time it's a mistake, second and third it's a choice". "

I've made many a mistake over the years but each and every one has led me to where I am today.

And right now there's nowhere I'd rather be and I can't see that changing.

A

I don’t know why but when people say they made a decision that they regret but wouldn’t change a thing if they could go back in time - I always think really ??????

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

I don't believe in thinking of things as regrets as it means the past always has a hold of you. I believe things happen, I make a choice and then live with that choice good or bad. I learn (hopefully) and move on and grow. Hindsight is always a friend

By *LIVEANDKICKING100Man  over a year ago

DUBLIN

Life is all about making mistakes. That's how we learn and grow. I look back and cringe at times.

[Removed by poster at 03/04/23 23:08:33]

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I regret not getting the authorities involved with my mother. I also wish she'd been allowed to fail so that we could have been brought up by my grandparents full time. But, if we'd not been living around this sort of area, I'd never have met Mr KC etc. Regret can be a double edged sword.

By *ittlebirdWoman  over a year ago

The Big Smoke

I regret nothing

By *ull English with teaMan  over a year ago

London

"Biggest regret I’ll ever have is the actions thst lead up to the breakdown of my family, long story short I never got over her cheating then leaving me for someone else back in 2014 then realising she made a mistake and coming back, fast forward to 2021 and she had turned cold again (she did off and on entire relationship) and while working away got chatting to a lass who i thought never in a million years would be interested in me but turned out she was I declined but went home and let it go to my head thinking I’d made a big mistake and turned down my chance at happiness and it showed a few months later she moved out now I live with the regret every day waking up in empty bed, not being able to wake my daughter up or put her to bed, coming to empty house (may as well be I have custody of my son but he only comes down from the loft to eat haha) it’s miserable and dream every day still having my family here "

Shit dude. Sending you a virtual hug, I desperately miss seeing my kids every day, it sucks. Keep your chin up fella!

London

"I don’t know why but when people say they made a decision that they regret but wouldn’t change a thing if they could go back in time - I always think really ?????? "

Only because it would change aspects of life now. While I am not completely happy with everything at the moment, there are some things I would never change. And if I made that change to the past, who knows what would be different now

London

"I regret not getting the authorities involved with my mother. I also wish she'd been allowed to fail so that we could have been brought up by my grandparents full time. But, if we'd not been living around this sort of area, I'd never have met Mr KC etc. Regret can be a double edged sword. "

Absolutely this

"Biggest regret I’ll ever have is the actions thst lead up to the breakdown of my family, long story short I never got over her cheating then leaving me for someone else back in 2014 then realising she made a mistake and coming back, fast forward to 2021 and she had turned cold again (she did off and on entire relationship) and while working away got chatting to a lass who i thought never in a million years would be interested in me but turned out she was I declined but went home and let it go to my head thinking I’d made a big mistake and turned down my chance at happiness and it showed a few months later she moved out now I live with the regret every day waking up in empty bed, not being able to wake my daughter up or put her to bed, coming to empty house (may as well be I have custody of my son but he only comes down from the loft to eat haha) it’s miserable and dream every day still having my family here "

Mate, this really touched me, and felt the emotion as I read it, incredibly difficult thing to have to bear and comes to terms with....hugs man

By *inballs99Man  over a year ago

Blackheath

For myself I just hope that the good decisions make up for all the bad choices I have made!!! Being very close to death a little while back and pulling through does allow you to see differently!!

"Regrets? Maybe. Missed opportunities? Definitely. But there are some things now that would be different and some of them are what make my life worthwhile.

"

To be fair he sounds like a dick

"After a conversation earlier, about lifes choices, decisions, and mistakes. And I've made some bad choices, and some really bad decisions. That lead me down some dark dark roads. But I don't regret them, and would do it all over again. As I've learnt from them. I regret nothing.

I'll leave it on this which a wise man instilled in me " the only mistake I really need to worry about is the one I don't learn from, the first time it's a mistake, second and third it's a choice". "

to make mistakes it means you're on the right path, no one is perfect, mistakes have to be made to learn and grow. Regret is something you hold onto when you haven't made peace with it. Everything happens for a reason

By *eathrow pineappleCouple  over a year ago

West London

Too few to mention?

I did what I had to do"

I did it sideways!

London

"Regrets? Maybe. Missed opportunities? Definitely. But there are some things now that would be different and some of them are what make my life worthwhile.

To be fair he sounds like a dick "

Takes one to know one

There's no point, chalk it down and learn from them. I am me because of all the decisions I made, and I am content to be so.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

"I don’t know why but when people say they made a decision that they regret but wouldn’t change a thing if they could go back in time - I always think really ?????? "

The Butterfly Effect.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I've made errors and learned from some of them. I don't really regret things, they've passed and I've moved on

By *hrek101Man  over a year ago

Herts

I don't really do regret but I dated someone so perfect and amazing but I wasn't in the right mind space at the time and ended it. What a mistake I made. She truly is the one that got away

newcastle

"Biggest regret I’ll ever have is the actions thst lead up to the breakdown of my family, long story short I never got over her cheating then leaving me for someone else back in 2014 then realising she made a mistake and coming back, fast forward to 2021 and she had turned cold again (she did off and on entire relationship) and while working away got chatting to a lass who i thought never in a million years would be interested in me but turned out she was I declined but went home and let it go to my head thinking I’d made a big mistake and turned down my chance at happiness and it showed a few months later she moved out now I live with the regret every day waking up in empty bed, not being able to wake my daughter up or put her to bed, coming to empty house (may as well be I have custody of my son but he only comes down from the loft to eat haha) it’s miserable and dream every day still having my family here

Mate, this really touched me, and felt the emotion as I read it, incredibly difficult thing to have to bear and comes to terms with....hugs man "

Thank you mate, I just try and tell self that this surely can’t be it things must get better at some point it helps a bit sone days are better than others

newcastle

"Biggest regret I’ll ever have is the actions thst lead up to the breakdown of my family, long story short I never got over her cheating then leaving me for someone else back in 2014 then realising she made a mistake and coming back, fast forward to 2021 and she had turned cold again (she did off and on entire relationship) and while working away got chatting to a lass who i thought never in a million years would be interested in me but turned out she was I declined but went home and let it go to my head thinking I’d made a big mistake and turned down my chance at happiness and it showed a few months later she moved out now I live with the regret every day waking up in empty bed, not being able to wake my daughter up or put her to bed, coming to empty house (may as well be I have custody of my son but he only comes down from the loft to eat haha) it’s miserable and dream every day still having my family here

Shit dude. Sending you a virtual hug, I desperately miss seeing my kids every day, it sucks. Keep your chin up fella! "

Thank you mate, sorry that you have to go through same feeling mate

Bad decisions often make the best stories

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

I've made some awful choices in the past, do I regret them no?

Every choice and decision has brought me to where I am, no matter how difficult the past was, I have an amazing man and family, I don't regret anything.

Mrs

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

I regret giving in to peer pressure and moving to Cornwall.

By *ormalfornorfolkMan  over a year ago

Norwich

"I don't believe in thinking of things as regrets as it means the past always has a hold of you. I believe things happen, I make a choice and then live with that choice good or bad. I learn (hopefully) and move on and grow. Hindsight is always a friend "

Genuine life lesson for me there.

"I regret giving in to peer pressure and moving to Cornwall."

Looking at your profile, you enhance my view of Cornwalls vistas

By *aza1888Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Biggest one i ever said is that I didn't want my dig anymore as it was destroying my property but second I said it i knew I couldn't take it back it eventually lead to breakdown of my relationship as she want just a dog but more a symbol of something the dog represented and still to day that one sentence , I shouldn't have said but did and must deal with the consequences everyday for rest of my life

By *idnight RamblerMan  over a year ago

Pershore

"There are no mistakes in life some people say.

And it's true, sometimes you can see it that way"

- Bob Dylan

Does Bob have a point? ·

» Add a new message to this topic